PDA

View Full Version : "Master Chief"

JeffAllen
10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey everybody today I decided I wanted to do a painting instead of the usual "spacescapes" that i do and I came up with this. took me three hours none stop to complete :eek: , done completely in Photoshop 7 using only a mouse and brush size 2, opacity 30. Let me know what you think! :D
,Jeff

Yako
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey everybody today I decided I wanted to do a painting instead of the usual "spacescapes" that i do and I came up with this. took me three hours none stop to complete :eek: , done completely in Photoshop 7 using only a mouse and brush size 2, opacity 30. Let me know what you think! :D
,Jeff

Very expressive drawing!, the proportions seems well done. I guess you used some sort of vector drawing i can't imagine so much precision other way. There's something i can't decifer well it is the position of the arms.

JeffAllen
10-19-2004, 06:12 PM
You can see the detailed version HERE (http://img85.exs.cx/img85/6120/halowipdetail.jpg)

JeffAllen
10-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Yako, Actually I just started out by outlining his shape and then just went in with the brush and looked at the reference photo alot (of course).
About the arms I see where you are coming from now, I didnt even noticed that it blended in so well :confused: , but it actually does the same thing on the reference photo I was using. Maybe you can see it better on this one

Yako
10-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the reply Yako, Actually I just started out by outlining his shape and then just went in with the brush and looked at the reference photo alot (of course).
About the arms I see where you are coming from now, I didnt even noticed that it blended in so well :confused: , but it actually does the same thing on the reference photo I was using. Maybe you can see it better on this one

Oh! i see! it's a problem with the reference! please excuse me! Here i send an image showing the arm i feel needs a bit of definition perhaps playing with values...But...don't take me seriously i'm not an artist. :) :)