PDA

View Full Version : ***daily Drookit /wash ***mon 18 Oct

jaytee
10-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Morning Each ......7.17 am and not been to bed yet...... back in a mo to explain :D

... well , its like this. .......I planned an early night and a day's daylight 'challenge' painting............nearly made it. ......at 2.00am went downstairs to turn off the lights. .......decided the painting was a bit pale and picked up the brush again........ so here I am................dawn is breaking , the sky is clear and in a about an hour I should be able to continue in daylight.............

if I could just stay awake long enough :D

[ not that I was painting the WHOLE time you understand....... :wink2: there are soe fantastic rugs on e-bay :evil: ]

have a positive and succesful day if you can.....

HH&J&WL

Kate Mc
10-18-2004, 02:53 AM
:wave: Good morning! (or good night, Jaytee)

It's raining here, and I'm looking forward to a day of painting and preparation for classes tomorrow. I have two paintings I'm working on for an exhibition at the end of November, and of course, I have the Flippin' Challenge to get started. Jupee!

On Saturday I went to get my hair cut. They cut about 8 inches/20 cm off it and it STILL reaches to my shoulders!! But it feels a lot better.... :clap:

Sylvia, on Saturday we had leeks and fish. I sauteed the chopped leeks in a little olive oil and then put them in the bottom of a baking dish with pieces of Sea Bass tucked in, sort of buried in the leeks. (there were a LOT of leeks). I put some tomato pieces in there and baked the whole thing for about 30 minutes. That's all. It's delicious and very simple. I'd love to have your recipe for turkish leeks--I love them too. I think maybe I'll collect recipes and make a cookbook. Can you see it? The title could be......are you ready for it......."First you take a leek....." :eek: :p

Today's word is mind. Let's see, there are:
1) a person's spirit or intellectual capacity, as in "a mind is a terrible thing to waste"
2) to care about something, as in "Do you mind if I....?"
3) to care for something, as in, "I'm minding my sister's dog"
4) to be careful of something, as in, "Mind the gap" or "a waist is a terrible thing to mind"
5) to obey, as in "Mind you parents"
6) an admonition to remember, as in "Mind you, I don't like smoking in my house"

That's it for me, I'm off to hit the books!!

HAPPY MONDAY!!

Kate

*whew* (wiping brow) Any more???

artmom
10-18-2004, 03:06 AM
:wave: G'day!

Jaytee, I think I'm on my way to join you in an all night session! :( My ankle is really giving me a fit--I've had to put the boot back on, even to sleep in it!! :eek: I took a pain pill, and it doesn't feel quite as bad as it did earlier, but I still can't sleep! It's 3:00 am here, and I originally went to bed at 11. Have not slept at all.

Is that a second haircut, Kate, or am I confused? :confused: ROFLOL I can't think of another meaning for mind--except that I have lost mine!!!

Happy to know you two are painting! Maybe I'll get inspired--at least, I finished the Robin Round Pot Party! :D

Best wishes to all in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your tommorrow!

BBL

Lyn

Yorky
10-18-2004, 03:54 AM
Morning all :wave:

A bit damp this morning, but I see blue sky on the horizon.

Sorry your ankle is giving you gip again, Lyn, perhaps you were doing too much, too soon. Hope a little rest will help.

Kate - "I don't do this for everyone mind" - A Geordie way of speaking (north east England).

You and Sylvia are making me hungry :D

Morning JT - you do keep irregular hours! - I go to bed at midnight, stay there until 7.20am sleep or no ;) Sorry you won't make Kettlewell - it's a Glocca Mora type place you would love it. Just watch "Calendar Girls" - that's the village.

David is flying to Germany for a couple of days with his work, so we will have the house to ourselves. Just so long as we get our new passports in time, we plan to fly to Detroit for Christmas.

Gotta get up into the studio this morning and finish off my Yorkshire Village project - it has been lying there a month :rolleyes:

BBL, Doug

Europa
10-18-2004, 04:06 AM
:music: GOOD MORNING WORLD IT'S A BRAND NEW DAYYYYYYYYYYY...... :music:

Don't 'MIND' me - am just popping in - couldnt sleep so thought I may as well get up - hmmmmmmmm seems to be something going around WC - people not sleeping - aah well I will probably be flat out later this afternoon.....lol.

Right am off for brekky - waving to everyone.

Love and Hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Lulu
10-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Well it's hi from me and bye from me:) ONE more sleep! Yes!!!!!!!!!
Off tomorrow to sun, sand and surf. I can quite understand your darling wife Chris needing a holiday at the beach every year Kev;)

Jaytee, you exhaust me:D LOL

Lyn, am so sorry that you are still in pain. I hope that you will soon be free of that.

Kate........... pay him no mind (disregard)......and mind (watch) your language!

Hi Doug & Pat!

See you all at the end of the month. :wave: :wave:

Roun2it
10-18-2004, 04:51 AM
Morning each,

Lulu how'd you know I said that, it was in a Canadian related thread? Have a good sleep and enjoy you break. :wave: Anyway I pay her no never mind.

Theres somefink afoot here JT and Pat! making the wash before I do :confused: Must be out of their tiny minds.

Well I'm now onto my 3rd tulip painting, I did the one for the challenge and its OK, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, so while I'm in the mood I thought I do some experimenting. The 1st one I used only M.Grahams, on Blockingford 140 not. Using only four colours, (I only have 5 M.Grahams). I've had them months and this is the first time I used them. They are very nice.

The next one I thought I'd give Em's underwash a go, never used that before, still using Blockingford, plus the M.Grahams with Dioxazine purple as underwash and mixes of Quin Rose & Azo Yellow. But unlike Em's mine didn't work that well. Why is it that using another colour over or under yellow makes mud and not shadows?

The other one I've just drawn out on a half sheet!!! This time I'm gonna use the Michael Wilcox colours on W/N 140 not this way I can use yellow on top of yellow, but there are a lot of opaque colours in the 12 colour range. So here we go 1st use of W/N paper and 1st half sheet. Hope you don't mind, but I'll have to post them after Thursday's challenge. Just thought I'd give you a little bit of my mindseye!

... See ya later. A bit long but hope you don't mind. Listening to John Lennons Mindgames :music:

painterbear
10-18-2004, 05:14 AM
Good Morning all,

It is almost 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Another nice day is promised by the weatherpersons ( :wink2: ). In fact, we are supposed to have three days this week with temps in the low 70°Fs, so I left the tomatoes and eggplants still on their plants to get a little bigger before I pick them.

I'm still a little stiff after that marathon leaf wrangling session we had yesterday. Hubby was so happy to see the grass again he went out and mowed it! Amazing what amuses him!

Kate, your dinner sounds yummy. Will send you that leek recipe in a PM as soon as I type it up. Love your title for a cookbook—or maybe an article in Gourmet or Bon Appetit magazines. My hair hasn't been long enough to cut 8" off in one swoop since high school!

The only use for mind I could think of that you didn't mention already is a psychological one, as in "He was playing mind games with the others at the dinner table."

Lyn, Hope you haven't damaged your ankle again and it is just tired. If the pain doesn't go away with the boot on, maybe you should have the doctor look at it again. Sorry it hurts you.

Kev, Yellow over purple is notorious for turning to brown mud! I'll have to ask Nita at class today how you do shadows when you are painting yellow flowers. Bet she'll know. What happened to the elephants you guys were painting? Was that just a tease?

Lulu, Have a wonderful vacation. I know how much you've been looking forward to your trip.

Doug, You and Ruth have fun while your DS is away! :evil: Hope your passports come through. Seems as if you have a lot of time between now and Christmas. Hope you get to share the holidays with your grandson (oh, and his parents too, of course). LOL!

JayTee, Hope you are getting some sleep this morning. That is one of the nice things about being retired and not having to follow a time clock, you can turn your days and nights around if you want to.

I have to do another pear drawing to take to class today. I'm trying to figure out which analogous colors will give me a nice range to use in this painting.

Off to check out the Gallery some more.

SYL,

Sylvia

Roun2it
10-18-2004, 05:35 AM
Thanks Sylv, plese do and let me know asap, I'm dredging through scores of books here and no one really says anything about it.

No joke with efferlumps, we work 2 weeks behind. So next weeks painting is jumbo!!

Flattwo
10-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Hello Fellow Drookits!

Good morning...a beautiful sunny day here, I'm chomping at the bit to get out in it.

Lyn...we plan for a week to travel 70 miles lol...thats nearly as far as Dundee from here :p

Must go, business awaits

Henry

artmom
10-18-2004, 06:08 AM
LOL, Henry! Having driven in Scotland, believe me, you have more interesting things to see in 70 miles than we do in 700!! You just don't realize how big the US (and Canada) is until you drive from coast to coast. Lots of empty space still around, especially West of the Mississippi.

Doug, Sylvia, Kev, Lulu thanks for the concern re: my ankle. The boot certainly has helped. I'm afraid I'm going to have a problem w/it from now on, as I have really bad pronation of the ankles anyway. That, coupled w/my weight :eek: really causes a problem when I put my weight on that ankle!

It's now 6 am, so I'm going to try to catch some ZZZZZZs!

BBL

Lyn

BobH
10-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Good mornin'

Just racing through this AM. I spent too much time looking at forums I've never looked at, like the drawing forum. Now I'm out of time and have to get ready for work.

The conference was great, got a bunch of ideas I can use in my classroom.

Seeing my girls was more than great. I havn't seen my oldest since June!

Lyn - sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope you can find a way to get it pain-free.

My mom improved some more! :D :D :D

Gotta go. I didn't look at the wash while I was at conference because the hotel charged $10 a day for access :mad: I'll have to find time today to read them all so I can figure out what is going on ....

Health and hope to all

olika
10-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Good morning all :D Sorry about your ankle, Lynn :( Hopefully it will eventually get better.

I wanted to let Uschi and Char know that I posted the pictures into the RIL that they asked for. The link is http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?si=&perpage=12&sort=2&cat=500&ppuser=3040&[email protected]&password=

Sorry that the link name is so long but I have never put a link inside a single access word and can't remember where to find how to do it here in wetcanvas.

Hugs to all.
Gerri

Olga
10-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Washies,
I am back from Poland. but stopping here only briefly--lots of work and preparation for classes tomorrow... We (my daughter went along) had a great time visiting family and friends; while Hannah hung around with my brother and his friends, I went to a museum and to a theater and enjoyed the Fall weather... It was a nice break for both of us.

((((Lyn))))--I'm sorry to hear about you ankle and the return of the boot

Hi Jaytee.... hope you got some sleep! I do recognize the syndrome since I also tend to get stuck doing things instead of going to bed... Hate the day after, though...
I am still not done with my round bin for this week--I had hoped to finish before taking off for Poland, but no such luck... It will be late tonight before I post this week's effort... and keep your fingers crossed, please!

Bob--glad to hear you mom is improving and that you had a good trip.

Kev--there was a good discussion of shadows on yellow flowers in one of Uschi's threads some time ago....(not much help, I know... but you might do a search). I use burnt sienna now for the warm shadows--but still have not figured out how to make cool ones, without making them green..

OK--back to the books.

Weaving to all....back later
:wave:
Olga

Little Old Lady
10-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Greetings :wave:
Sorry for those who can't or won't sleep!
Lynn hope ankle gets better.
Glad travelers are back safely after trips.
Kev seems like you are tip toeing through the tulips!
Board meeting this morn then lunch group.
Must try to get some pictures before wind does in all our color.
Hve a good one.
JoAnn

droll13
10-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Hello gentle Washerpersons,

We had a good rain Saturday night through Sunday morning, and the colors are all so wonderful after a cleansing rain that I broke out the camera and went looking for photo subjects. I didn't wander too far, just about 10 steps into my front yard.

I experimented with some of the camera features I rarely use:

1) I took the pics at highest resolution (1600 x 1200) - I ended up with huge files, but suitable to print large if I so choose
2) I tried zooming in VERY close (as close as 3/8 ") - this didn't work too well, in extreme zoom the camera seems to focus on background leaving things in a closer plane blurred

Anyway, here are 3 photos (reduced in size and JPG optimized) that turned out OK. Probably not to everyone's liking (many of us HATE green) but I like the mottled color patterns on the fallen leaf in the first shot, and compositions and colors (the reds/browns against the lime green) in the other 2.

Here's hoping that those ailing/failing body parts (ankle, knee, whatever else isn't working as well as it should - insert your own joke here) get back to normal.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2004/23514-101704-005_crop-01.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2004/23514-101704-008.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2004/23514-101704-010_crop-01.jpg

Uschi
10-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Gray sky.

I must say, my body is very considerate and conscious of time because it waited until after the get-together to harrass me with an absolutely awful cold. I must have sneezed a thousand times yesterday, hiked the heating up, turned the heating down. Needless to say I didn't get anything done either. Slept 9 hours.

JT - for some reason I don't like painting at night, but am very guilty of declaring to myself that I am done until next day only to pick up the brush for a tiny correction which lasts 4 hours straight LOL

Kate - I love leeks! Isn't it a pain in the butt to wash long hair

Lyn - Sorry the boot is back on!!!

Doug - how come it takes sooooo long for you to get a passport, takes a week here. How exciting that you are celebrating Christmas with your son and grandkids!!!

Pat - you make me laugh!! By my calculation you posted around 9:00 a.m. and complaining that you can't sleep??????

Lulu - have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!

Kev - haven't seen any tulip painting, must go and check in the Gallery. re shading for yellow - the easiest is with orange (use the same yellow and add rose), if it needs to be darker use burnt sienna. You are right, using purple makes it brown - I found that if you keep the purple more toward the red it works better because it's the blue that is in opposition to the yellow not the red.

:wave: to Sylvia

Henry - Lyn is right, in North America you can travel an awful lot of miles before you see any change in scenery (makes for boring drives LOL)

Bob - good to have you back, glad you had a good time and that mom is improving

Gerri - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! soooo gorgeous!!!

Olga - sounds like a wonderful trip - did you drive???

Dave - I love green (as long as I don't have to paint it LOL) it's the brown I am not too keen on since we have nothing but white and brown for six month of the year.

O.K. I better get moving, so sending good thoughts to pone and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

laudesan
10-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi guys....

Just popping to to give you all a huge ((((((((HUG))))))))

Huggles to all those ill and hurting..

Maffet
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Hello to all :wave:

just running fast through pages of WC to wish you all wanderful day. I have now busy days. Still counting my last days in old office, moving all things away, saving all things from computer and doing still hills of work :-)

I have sad news from my home. I will not be an aunt ... at least not in close season. :crying: :crying: Brother's wife lost her baby yesterday, so all family is very sad. But it was in very early stage, in 9th week, so she is in very good condition and even with high spirit, so they will try again after some season .... I spoke with her this morning and she looked very brave and o.k.

... On more happy note. Another baby is on the way. Pregnancy of my cousin going to be VERY visible. She looks like she is expecting fotball team.

o.k. I am going to work again ... oh no! Neverending hills....

p.s. Chris .... I have lovely photos of Jake and Ally :-) I tried to post them to RIL but something is wrong, so if you dont find them there. I will send you photos to direct email.

ScarletLake
10-18-2004, 10:10 AM
HI everyone

Just checking in on today's wash. It is a grey, rainy day here in Ohio. Would be a great day to stay in & get something done.

I finished that huge employment packet & it is making it's way to the home office. Don't know how long it will take to do the clearance - probably just a couple of days. If not start date may change by a few days.

I was just out of sorts on Sunday. I think a case of the nerves - leaving old job, thinking about new job, you name it I think I fretted over it yesterday. One of those days where I just could not shake it.

Read up on the Canada meet that Gail is organizing. I think we're gonna try to make it. Depends on when they set the dates. Have to figure out how far Ontario is from Ohio.

Everyone have a good day

Anita

olliewood0702
10-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Good morning EVERYONE!

Had a GREAT weekend with the granddaughters. On Saturday we went to the Michigan Historical Museum and that was fun. They really enjoyed seeing how our ancestors lived.

Then went to Red Lobster to eat! YUM YUM!! :p

THen took them to the theatre to see Shark Tales! :D :wink2: After eating sea food and being stuffed the show was delightful!

RAINY all weekend and cool but they are promising nicer (warmer) weather this week.

Off to visit the gallery and drool over those LOVELY pics in the RIL posted by Okika!! THANKS OLIKA :clap: :wave:

(((((())))))) to all those in need of hugs today & white light.

TAKE CARE,
Darla

Europa
10-18-2004, 10:20 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well am still up and about - not started flagging yet - Uschi - 9am is EARLY for me seeing as I normally only go to bed around 2am and need loads of sleep (that is my story and I am sticking to it)

Oooooooooh bit of excitement in the old neighbourhood this morning - our church across the road is having a major refurbishment - the ceiling and very very large window at the front - not too sure what is exactly being done but I know its costing around £90,000. Anyway - they turned up with a 'cherrypicker' evidently to do the large window and for some unknown reason it fell off the lowloader onto its side right against the iron gates of the church - luckily it didnt damage the gates - just a few inches short of crushing them. No one was hurt so thats the main thing.

Took Jamie's car to the garage and while it was up on the ramp was wandering around the garage looking for things to take pics of........(me hooked on painting - NEVER!!! :evil: )

Waving to everyone - TMTRTI - cept to say Lyn - sending hugs for your ankle - well not really hugging your ankle but you know what i mean.....lol

Love and hugs to everyone who needs them - specially the hugs.

Off to do the accounts - bbl

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

sisangel
10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning :music:

Jaytee & Lyn - I hope you are sleeping sounly now and having sweet dreams as well.

Dave - I love the pictures of the greens. You do a great job with that camera.

Kev - re the yellow, what Uschi said. She is wonderful isn't she? :) Have you tried using W&N Transparent Yellow? I use that when I need to paint another color over it for shadows and have never had a problem with it being muddy.

I am so nervous :eek: Tomorrow I am teaching my first quilting class at one of the local quilt shops. I am scheduled to teach 5 classes this quarter. A lot of people have signed up for them and almost all the classes are nearly filled. So that is encouraging.
I am going to spend the day painting to keep relaxed. I am working on Rod's castle lesson. I may have to post the WIP in the gallery today. I think I need help on the trees lol.

Have a wonderful day and I hope those who are hurting start to feel better.

Bonnie G.

BobH
10-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Jana - so sorry to hear about your brother and his wife .... Hugs and sympathetic tears to them and to you....

Bob

Yorky
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
........ I wanted to let Uschi and Char know that I posted the pictures into the RIL that they asked for. The link is http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?si=&perpage=12&sort=2&cat=500&ppuser=3040&[email protected]&password=

Sorry that the link name is so long but I have never put a link inside a single access word and can't remember where to find how to do it here in wetcanvas. Hugs to all.
Gerri

Gerri - you use the hyperlink icon above the text window where you type your posting. It's the fifth from the right

First go to the destination page and CTRL+C to copy the URL at the top onto the clipboard. Now start your reply and where you want to insert a link, click the hyperlink icon - this will bring up a small window where you type the text which you want to display. Now press ENTER and CTRL+V to paste the URL into the next box.

Your text will be shown in blue in your posting and when clicked will open a new window with the destination page in it.

Hope that works for you.

Doug

Flattwo
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi

Jana...sorry to hear about your sister in law, it is very sad, I know from personal experience how heartbreaking it is :(

Uschi...at least the passengers nowadays can watch portable dvd's in car to pass the time :)

Henry

pampe
10-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Monday Mumblings

3 INCHES OF SNOW overnight....golf Friday and shoveling by Sunday....GAWD I love the Rockies! :D

((Jana)) ((JANA's family))

Have to take a painting to the POST OFFICE then.....Going to stay in and PAINT...period

Have a great day

Pam

Maffet
10-18-2004, 11:24 AM
I know ... it's always sad, but on other hand. It's better that it happend in so early stage, so she didnt spiritualy sticked to that child. In later stage it would be worse. She really looked o.k. in the morning and with hope to the future. She is health and will tray it again :-)))))) I dont worry for her, she is strong. Even it will take some time. All my family is now more quiet than always...

jaytee
10-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Jana............. sooo sad you wont be an aunt yet..........I remember how very excited you were when you heard the news while in Kington.......it is good your sister-in-law is young and healthy......... I am sending lots of good wishes to her and your brother........and (((hugs))) to you all for a happy result next time.

I finally grabbed 4 hours sleep from around noon !!! Am still fidddling with the picture......and not happy ........ so Olga, post and be damned when youre ready :)...... i hope you wont mind if I upload mine sooner rather than later..........will probably fall asleep in an hour or two...... not even trying to sing any more for a few days even though there's a rehearsal tomight :rolleyes: :eek: :evil:

OK. back to Photoshop and the 52 weeks file :D

olika
10-18-2004, 01:07 PM
You are very welcome, Darla and Uschi! And thank you Doug! I have cut and pasted your instructions to a text file on the desktop so I have it for future reference! (I was kind of hoping that you would give me the instructions *sheepish grin* ) :D :D

artmom
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm baaaaaack! :wave: Four hours sleep, from 6:15 am until 10:15 am will have to do! :rolleyes: About 4 o'clock this afternoon, I'll have a cup of tea and a cookie, and I'll fall fast asleep in my recliner! And the cycle will begin again!

Mr. Squirrel is frantically running around, picking up walnuts from under the neighbor's "Woeful Walnut" tree. He breaks them on the concrete of our driveway, then buries them in a third neighbor's yard! I think he lives further away, so this is a real community enterprise! :D The neighbor whose house my window (behind my computer table) overlooks, has put up a very pretty pumpkin scene and hung her Atumnal banner, so I have something bright and new to look at!

Again, thanks for the boot comments, folks! Pat, luv, you can hug my boot anytime you want to! LOL I think I was just rushing the "weaning" period--it has only been a week and a half and the doc mentioned two to three!

Great pics, Dave! I had Ed pick me some leaves off of our sweet gum tree and I scanned them and hope to use them as a basis for a painting. Yes, I'm actually thinking about and planning a painting!!! :eek: :D

Doug, I've saved those instructions also! Thanks. :cool:

Lyn

hopefulbucky
10-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi all, reading about all those that can't sleep, that is Robert and I since we returned from abroad, we both seem to get up at 2, 2:30 a.m. he watches a movie, I get on the computer.

Today I am at work UGHHHHH but everyone is very happy to see me back which is nice. tons of work to do of course but the lady that covered for me did a nice job .

My hubbie picked up a cold (we think on the airplane) so just hope I don't get it. Used my sick time to go abroad LOL

Just wanted to say hi to all and know that I am watching you guys that are at home (you lucky things) and what you are doing even if I don't comment.
\
Kate you leeks and fish sound wonderful

JT at least you are painting nevermind that it is in the middle of the night

LOL

Hey Pam golf and snow hmmmm interesting, you could always use pink or orange balls to play in the snow LOL

Off to get a report done.
BBL

painterbear
10-18-2004, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=Uschi]Good Morning Everyone!!! Gray sky.
Kev - haven't seen any tulip painting, must go and check in the Gallery. re shading for yellow - the easiest is with orange (use the same yellow and add rose), if it needs to be darker use burnt sienna. You are right, using purple makes it brown - I found that if you keep the purple more toward the red it works better because it's the blue that is in opposition to the yellow not the red.

...Uschi

Kev, asked Nita about shadows for yellow flowers and she said pretty much the same thing as Uschi. (Thought she might since our Uschi knows her flower paintings! ;) Nita said to just step down through the yellows to oranges to burnt sienna (her magic color, remember). I'm doing yellow pears and I've been trying it out on them and it seems to work (I've even put some purple in there.)

Jana, Sorry about your brother and SIL's baby. I'm glad she is ok. My daughter had a miscarraige too and later had a very successful pregnancy and her son (our first grandchild) will be six years old next month. So I hope the same for your SIL and brother too.

Pam, I think we have had at least 3" of snow today—in liquid form! LOL! It has been raining all day and there are flood warnings in some areas south of here because it is supposed to continue raining all night long! :eek:

Lyn, Loved your description of Mr. Squirrel. We've seen them out in our yard busily burying big nuts of some kind which they are also bringing from somewhere else because we don't have a tree with that type of nut anywhere around us! The other day I saw a second squirrel dig up a nut a different squirrel had just buried and move it about 20 feet and rebury it! It's a wonder we don't have a forest out back.

Weaving to all I missed, hope all who are ailing feel better soon.

Take care, wash your hands whenever you go out in public to avoid the flu this season, have fun painting if you can't sleep.

SYtomorrow!

Sylvia

droll13
10-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks Uschi, Bonnie, & Lyn for comments on the photos. I'm glad others enjoy them.

Lyn, I got another interesting closeup of a multi-colored leaf, with some refective water on it, surrounded by other growth/leaves ranging from dull beiges/browns to a few fairly bright greens. I'll try to remember to post it in tomorrow's Wash.

Jana, sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's loss.

Waving to the rest...

Ellen in Ont
10-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been busy lately and haven't had time to chat. I skim through the wash when I get a moment but I figured out that the hour or two a day to read the wash and the gallery could be spent painting rather than reading about it. So that is what I have been doing (as well as working :rolleyes: ). I have started the negative painting exercise that has to be finished for tomorrows class as well as set up, photograph, draw and mask the start of my next still life. It has a glass tea pot in it... :eek: But I can't wait to give it a try. :D
There are too many people for individual replies so I'll just send my best wishes to everyone :wave:
I'm off to look at the one place I always check daily... JJ's trip diary! What are we going to do for entertainment once she is back home? :wink2: :D

Starsprite
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Monday Mumblings

3 INCHES OF SNOW overnight....golf Friday and shoveling by Sunday....GAWD I love the Rockies! :D

Pam

But Pam....just yesterday when it was starting to snow you were so happy!!!! LOL :) :evil: Then the shoveling comes into play.

Sorry to hear about your brother and sister-in-law's loss Maffet.

Great pics Dave!!! Might have to snag one to paint!! I think Mr. Sandbanx loves to paint with green, so maybe he will paint one too. :D

Ottersong
10-18-2004, 10:51 PM
EEK!!! SHUDDER,SHUDDER. For me the four letter word is 'snow' I am hoping we don't have any this year. Ever since my back surgery and the infection I can't seem to get warm. Our heating bill is going to be outrageous. My poor hubby goes around the house in a tank top, he says he is roasting. The thermometer says only 76. My body temp is runing faithfully at 97.2 a little low and I have no idea why.

Maffett, so sorry to hear about your SIL.

JJ my gosh where are you getting all of the energy??

We neeed to form a nightowl club, I haven't been able to sleep either. wish I could get down to the studio. Still having trouble learning to walk again, not strong enough to do the stairs yet. The barometer is super low the past few days and that is murder on the arthritus so that is probablby the problem, jooints just won't move,

I have really missed all of you with my time sitting so limited, I hope to be online a bit more now. I hope all of you are keeping your brushes wet.

Love Otter

Yorky
10-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Hi Otter,

Nice to hear from you - glad you are getting on with life after all the trauma.

I wih you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you back to normal soon.

Doug