PDA

View Full Version : bye bye ebay????

leesmith
11-01-2001, 11:06 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to let all of you know that I am going to be checking out SYI www.sellyouritem.com Acryslate from the ebay boards has been talking to some of the head honchos there; they are willing to set up the art categories for artists and make any changes artists would like if only a group of 6 or 8 will sign up. We can also suggest places where they might advertise, I suggested to acryslate that SYI could advertise here at Wet Canvas!

SYI also gives new registered users a $10 credit toward final value fee, plus a $5.00 credit to the REFERRING SELLER. OK. each of us could get a $15. credit if we sign up and then get 1 other person signed up refering us. I do not believe this site charges listing fees, just final value fees. The site needs bidders more than sellers right now. Listen any of you ladies love loose gemstones, I wanted to bid on some so bad but can't till I get registered.

Hey, I'm not giving up on ebay just yet but it won't hurt to register and list somewhere else.

I am waiting to hear back from acryslate with her seller ID on SYI so I can go ahead and register so she can get a credit of $5.00 for my referral.

Right now, if we also all register at SYI we stand a good chance of being able to use the same seller id as we have on ebay! I'm going to sign up as soon as possible and maybe list something real soon.

I thought about yahoo, but ya know, I simply do not like the way their art section displays out. Maybe yahoo would make some changes; I believe there is a group from ebay talking to them too. It won't hurt to register at yahoo either. Yahoo is getting more bidders. I'm going to start compiling a list of my buyers by email and also see if I can get email addresses for all of my bidders too.

Also acryslate said to vist SYI chats to see what's going on there.

EBAY IS GETTING TOO BIG FOR ITS BRITCHES!

timelady
11-02-2001, 10:26 AM
I think it's a good idea to register and try out other sites. I'm registered with Yahoo and have tried a few things there but didn't sell any. Hopefully these sites will get some overflow from ebay and the BIDDERS will come.

I'm with you in spirit at the moemtn, as I can't afford to pay fees or have items tied up in an uncertain auction site since this is my only source of income (gallery sales are picking up tho, yippee!). I'm am getting frustrated with eBay and they p***ed me off last week but I've still made 4 sales ending today. Can't burn my bridged just yet and all that....

I do keep looking at these new sites and will try some when I actually see some bids happening. :)

Tina.

tammy
11-03-2001, 12:21 AM
Well, I just had my first auctions end since the checkout thing and I hate it. Checkout stuff gets pasted all over the ending auction page. I had to go to My eBay just so I could get my buyers addresses in order to send the EOA notices. I hope they got em. I still don't know if they did. The new checkout is YUK! I'll be visiting SYI.

DuncanBerenice
11-04-2001, 09:23 AM
Hi lee,

thanks for the info, come time my wife and me are kinda hoping to sell paintings and items over the net through the likes of Ebay, I'll maybe have a look at SYI see what its like - hope they have a UK section :) I suppose I should really check out the on-line auction sites see what they are like, I've already registered with Ebay in the UK but won't put items in yet - still to make them lol

Duncan

leesmith
11-04-2001, 10:04 AM
Hi Duncan,

Ebay is the biggest and best auction with the most traffic, buyers and sellers, as long as they don't substantially change their agenda and run people off.

Other auctions are lacking buyers cause everyone is at ebay! It's a shame really, ebay needs some stiff competition to help keep them in line. If a site has more sellers than buyers that is a shopper's dream! That is exactly the kind of website BUYERS should search for and BUY because there's no competition against you. BUYERS should think about that. Then these small auction sites would grow; so anybody that's a BUYER, start checking the smaller auctions when you want to buy.

Sumafra
11-08-2001, 01:32 AM
Hi Lee, thanks for the link. I looked but didn't see any art categories in there. There aren't too many items (which is good for us) but there doesn't seem to be a lot of bids either. Let us know how you make out there.