PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash Sunday October 17****

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 01:03 AM
I've written the date and checked it twice!!! Should be close anyway. Did not even want to try and guess what year it is!!!

Went for long walk yesterday, in ravine behind my house. Its great time of year here now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/31024-Creek_3small.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/31024-Creek_4small.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day. I will be home alone and painting tulips I think. Does it need be said I struggle with YELLOW!!!

Seeya

Chris :wave: :wave:

Roun2it
10-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Morning each,

Chris, so you struggle with pink, green and now yellow. That leaves blue, now that makes for an interesting palette. I know what you mean, though. It is such a clean colour that when you try to add shading it just turns to mud. I'm keeping my record though, 3 painting 3 pieces of paper. No Bin fodder yet. It really does focus the mind.

Chris I have a question, in another thread, CRS, you remark on the meeting with Gail and that she showed you the beauties, or something similar, of half sheet painting. It stuck in my mind and was wondering what you or Gail meant by that statement. I have been thinking of painting bigger and it sounds like there may be some advantages to it.

Nandie
10-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Hello Gentlemen!

I was just in your challenge thread admiring your pink 'brollies! You both did a wonderful job, love the color, love the color, and oh yes, I love the color! Now both of you quit whingeing about having so much trouble with colors, I don't believe either of you! :wink2:

I have just been asked by my Church to think of a performance painting I can do for the Christmas Eve service. I did one for Easter that (thankfully) went over very well, so I hope I can pull it off again. For those not familiar with "performance painting", it's when you paint a picture in front of an audience. In my case, last Easter, I painted the "Hand of God" in acrylics on canvas in a half hour while the Pastor preached the sermon. This was done in front of 200 people, with a video camera projecting the painting on a huge screen so everyone could watch while I worked like mad to complete it in time! OH, and there were two services, so I did it twice.... no pressure, LOL! Anyway, now I have to get my thinking cap on and figure out what I will paint for the Christmas Eve service, sketch it out, then practise it a few hundred times so I can paint it fast!

Have a great day all, and AWAYTC!

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Kevin I have been using mostly 1/4 sheets. Gail had a marvelous painting on the wall of her home, half sheet, and was working on another which is currently making its way through the gallery. (Seedy's Barn??) Both were terrific.

I think Nicholas had mentioned earlier that "smaller sheets made for bigger mistakes"

Her work I guess just inspired me to try it. It seems to allow a lot looser style for one thing. I am sure many others will tell you their opinion as well.

I am now in the middle of doing Elaines little thatched cottage on 1/4 sheet and will let you know how it turns out.

And should I be afraid of blue... oh no!!!

Chris

Lulu
10-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Hi all:)
Chris, lovely photos.
Congrats Kev, on keeping your bin folder empty....... so far anyway:)

Andrea, wow! would love to see you work like that. Do you have a pic of the hands of God painting? I went to the World Day Of Prayer service here in March and a lady completed something on a potter's wheel while the service was in progress.

Have had a good day. It's been sunny and warm. I continue to pick up, so it's all good from here now.
Had our car scraped outside church this morning, but the person responsible left his name, address and ph number. it's not too bad.
Have gardened, mowed lawn (on the ride-on) and held Sheba the donkey while John trimmed her feet. I have to prevent her from leaning on him, and also biting his butt! :evil: she's 17 now, and can still be naughty, but she's a good pet. I used to ride her, my feet nearly touched the ground LOL:D

Tomorrow's house cleaning day, and then packing for our holiday. 2 more sleeps.............

Time to cook dinner, fresh veges from the garden.
Enjoy your day :wave:

Lulu
10-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Just got this, made me smile:)

A husband and wife are getting ready for bed, The wife is standing in front of a full length mirror taking a hard look at herself. "You know dear" she says "I look in the mirror and see an old woman. My face is all wrinkled, my boobs are barely above my waist and my butt is much lower than it should be. I’ve got fat legs and my arms are all flabby" She turns to her husband and says "tell me something positive to make me feel better about myself"

He studies hard for a moment and then says is a soft thoughtful voice " Well.. there’s nothing wrong with your eyesight

Nandie
10-17-2004, 02:18 AM
Hi all:)
Andrea, wow! would love to see you work like that. Do you have a pic of the hands of God painting?

Alas, no..... the one I painted at the first service was given to the Worship leader, and the one I painted for the second service is hanging at the Church. All my practise pieces (about a dozen) were given away to anyone who wanted them, first come, first served! I could still get a piccy if I took my camera to Church......

What I will do, is post my practise pics for C&C in the gallery for the Christmas painting.... I'd love everyone's feedback on whether or not it's conveying the message. It will be acrylic tho... so I hope noone minds me bending the rules a little by posting in the watercolor gallery! Anyway, this is still a little ways down the road! :wink2:

Yorky
10-17-2004, 04:15 AM
Morning all :wave:

A bit cloudy this morning, but dry, and there are patches of blue showing.

Had a really solid night's sleep - first for ages - and I really appreciated it after many disturbed nights listening to the radio. Maybe because we finally transferred my friend Ted Walker's website (http://www.edwalkermarine.com/) on to his new domain - another task struck from my list :)

Lovely photos, Chris - perfect plein air subjects there ;)

Performance art, Nandie - now that is brave of you. Then again, I realise that is what Reg our art class teacher does every week. Wonder if I could do it one day?

1/4 sheet is the largest painting I have ever tackled, Kev, I never mix enough paint to cover a half sheet :rolleyes:

Perhaps now I have a spare day I can get back to my studio to finish the mountain of part finished paintings up there :rolleyes:

Well, that's all I have to offer, BBL,

Doug

Lulu
10-17-2004, 05:31 AM
just thought I'd share with you my 'pick me up' painting I've been playing with over the weekend - done in oils but I definitely won't be posting in the oil forum LOL

Miss Thunder Thighs 2004:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/1118-MissThunderThighs2004a.jpg

CharM
10-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Good morning Washonians!!! It is absolutely frigid, blustery and miserably rainy in SW Ontario this morning.... awful, just awful weather...

After our visit at Uschi's yesterday, and the drive home, I quickly threw dinner together... We got JJ and Alan settled in and the luggage (OHMYGAWD their luggage) hauled upstairs...

JJ regaled her stories of Paris for Thibaut... LOL... she talks pretty fast... with an Aussie accent... (just in case you didn't know that... :evil: )... Thibaut smilled and nodded...

We had no sooner finished dinner, and were in the process of cleaning up when my Sister and her hubby arrived for a visit...

So... with a house more like the UN than anything... representing Canada, France, Australia and South Africa... we talked and talked and talked...

Everyone is still sleeping, but I'm sure they'll be rousting soon... I need to get something started for breakfast...

:wave: to everyone... loved the pics in the Wash this morning...

Lulu... :D

What a wonderfully neat idea, Nandie... wow... and quite an honour, too...

Kev... I've been painting on half sheets for some time now and I just love this size... not too big... not too small...

I know that when JJ's up and at 'em, she'll want to check in... bbl...

droll13
10-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Just a quick "Good Morning" (it's 5:40 AM here) to all of you.

It looks like daughter's soccer game today will be rained out. Bummer! Guess I'll have to console myself by watching a couple extra hours of NFL games.

Have a great day everyone.

Uschi
10-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!! Raining!

I soooo enjoyed our get-together yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! My poor son and family, I invited them to come over and finish the leftovers, then probably talked non-stop about this wonderful phenomena called WetCanvassers!!!!! Then, of course, I couldn't fall asleep with all the exceitement.

Brunch at my friends today - maybe paint!

Chris - thinking of your yellow rose and mumbling - struggling with yellow - NOT!

Kev - I know you asked Chris and not me - but painting larger is actually easier.

Andrea - I am sooo impressed with your "performance painting", WOW, no way could I do that!

Lulu - Chuckling, reminds me of my husband who was extremely shortsighted. Whenever I bought a new dress and tried it on and asked his opinion he would say that the dress looked just wonderful. Then I would turn around and see that he was NOT wearing his glasses and without them he was almost blind. Love your Beach Babes painting!!!!

Char - :envy: :envy: I want to be there too!!!

Doug - glad you had a good sleep, it is sooooo annoying when it doesn't happen

Sending good thoughts to one and all!! I hope all our friends in the recovery room are doing well!!!
:wave: Uschi

Cathie Jones
10-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Good morning Washertonians! Nice to be here before bedtime for a change. Don't know why it is that I can't sleep later than 5:30 or 6:00 on weekends, and it's so awful when the alarm wakes me that early during the week!

Sounds like I need to try half-sheet painting. I usually use 9x12 block, and have one full-size that's been on the board for about a year now. What weight paper does everyone use for half-sheet? My full-sheet is 300# CP, because I don't have a board large enough to tape 140# on.

The coffee pot has stopped making noise, so I'm off to get a cuppa. It rained here (surprise!) last night, but it's still dark so I can't see what's happening now. Rain in the desert is such a treat!!! ;)

BBL . . . XOXOXOXO

JudyL
10-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Happy Sunday all,
The bathroom now has plasterboarded and skim coated plastered walls. Friend, who has three jobs, (construction, cook-for his Dad's restaurant and fire fighter) came over and did that job for us, teaching Jack how to do it, wouldn't take money, so we will have to take him and his wife, and baby out to eat. Jack has also put another coat of the stinky sealer on the tiles (ick!) and I have painted half of the mdf t&g panels. Now they need to dry so I can move them and do the other half. Soon we will have color on the walls. Jack is also working on my niche, I decided I did need someplace for shampoo!
Of course what he is doing is watching some sports thing on BBC2.
Sylvia, I love apple butter, it's lovely with peanut butter, don't they have some very nice low carb bread it could go on?
Chris those pictures are wonderful! Did you post some in the RIL?
We did go out to eat at our friends restaurant. He was upset by someone on one of those scooters for the sort of disabled? The guy came into his place, which is very very small, (listed gold star) and banged around. The waitress told him that he could not bring that thing in the restaurant, and he said "I can, I am disabled!". He made so much noise backing around (beeping) that Lawrence came out from the kitchen, and asked the bloke, where he was planning on putting it, (there was a push chair with child already in the spot he wanted) when he did decide there was no room he took it out side, took it half way down the block and walked back! You gotta wonder sometimes.
I finally had Bread and Butter pudding for dessert, it was, as I had figured was much the same as the bread pudding my Mom used to make.
Oh well, suppose the paint is dry by now.
Back later
JudyL

Little Old Lady
10-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Greetings :wave:
Dreary and cold here this morning.
Sylvia thanks for the advice on decluttering. You must have had a hidden camera watching me move things from one pile to another!
Lyn thanks on the congrats for the Badgers. Had given up on a win and they a miracle finish. Dind't stay up to see the end of the Vols game. How did they do?
Andrea what a great thing to do. Scary though.
Lulu love the painting.
Never had enough nerve to do more than a quarter sheet. Usually way smaller.
More football today!
Have a good one.
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Morning All:

It is quiet here this morning. Dan is still asleep so the dogs went back upstairs to join him. It is cold here too but the sun is trying to come out.

Lulu; :) smiling at your "only 2 more sleeps) My daughter did that last Spring when she and two friends were heading down to Disney World. She started at about 45 sleeps and counted down. She by the way is 30 :)

Kev: I am starting to paint more and more on half sheets. The smaller the space I was working on the tighter I became. I find that I am becoming bolder and looser with the larger space. I just completed "Seedy's Blue Shed" and I really experimented with some loose big strokes and I am quite happy with the result.

Cathie : I use Arches or Saunder's Waterford 140 CP. I have some core board which actually was a sign for something. You could also use a light masonite cut to size slightly larger than the 1/2 sheet. Most art supply stores carry the core board as well.

Andrea. take your camera to church, please, I would love to see your painting.

Waving to Char, Dave, Yorky, Chris, Uschi, and to AWAYTC.

Cheers,

Gail

artmom
10-17-2004, 10:45 AM
:wave: to everyone!!

Very nice pics, Chris! Thanks for sharing your beautiful area.

Lulu, happy to hear you are feeling better.

Nandie, nice to "see" you!

The VOLS won, JoAnnbut it was a nail-biter just like Wisconsin and Perdue!!! What a football Saturday!

WOW, Cathie and Dave, rain in California!!!!! Especially in your part of the state, Cathie. As many times as I visited when my son was stationed there, I never saw it rain!!!! LOL

Char, to answer your query of the other day, I'm walking quite a bit without the boot--however, yesterday the ankle was really hurting, so I used the boot again. :( Have fun with your visitors!

Kev, try a half sheet, you'll like it!!

Doug, Gail, Uschi, and JLyn -- :D

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL

Lyn

Johnnie
10-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi all

Well had a great time at my son's future inlaw's 25th anniversary.. Didnt stay long tho due to my probs with my leg but at least made an appearance... The father inlaw has been just so much help with Betty and I with doing some things around the house that I just cannot do that I couldnt not go..

Hope all had a great time at Uschi's JJ get to gether.. Uschi is always a great host.. Sorry I missed it.

The core board that Gail talks about you can get from any TIM HORTON's for free. Its the signs they use on the outside poles advertising their product. Same stuf you pay money for in the art store. They are quite large and you can cut them down and use them to tape you watercolor paper too.. Works great. I found out about that when I visited Mr. Reid. Price is FREE !!! :wink2:
Where I go anyway they have no problem giving them to me as they just throw them in the garbage bin.

Rainy cold wet day here. Was on my scooter outside earlier and its getting cool enough to be looking to buy a pair of EarMuffs.. lol.. Never wore those in my life.. But sure can use them now me thinks. Or a good TUKE !!

Have a great day all

Johnnie

Europa
10-17-2004, 10:59 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well my computer is finally back to normal - everything is where it should be and all peripherals and programs have been reinstalled - so DS is back in good books.

Did tell him I had got him a good home in Kansas (with Starsprite) he said - 'Oh Good - right - thanks'.......lol.....but now he has fixed everything methinks I am going to have to renage on the deal (sorry Patty :( ) - well till the next time.

Well i have three paintings on the go - not including the challenge one that I havent even started - also just got some professional pics of eldest brothers grandchildren so am looking at maybe having a go at painting them for Christmas (not sure yet).

Waving to everyone :wave: TMTRTI

Sending love and hugs all around - BBL

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Too bad Patty...

But I think I will be auctioned off soon if I don't get some work done around here!

Yeah Vols!!

Johnny: I painted a few times at the Dundas Gallery??? with my father in law. Fabulous place. Is that near you at all? My son is at Mac, and says there is a Tim's on every corner!

Judy I will post a few. I have some pretty nice ones as it was sunny yesterday. Today is "wet and windy just like the baby".

Chris

artmom
10-17-2004, 12:27 PM
:wave: Johnnie!

Chris, my cousin is a librarian at MacAllister U. We attended her wedding there--it is a beautiful campus. Is that the Mac you are referring to? She has worked there for more years than she will want me to mention! LOL However, she is younger than I am--which almost everyone is!! ROFLOL (Yes, JoAnn, I know--you're older! :evil: :D )

Lyn

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 12:57 PM
:wave: Johnnie!

Chris, my cousin is a librarian at MacAllister U. We attended her wedding there--it is a beautiful campus. Is that the Mac you are referring to? She has worked there for more years than she will want me to mention! LOL However, she is younger than I am--which almost everyone is!! ROFLOL (Yes, JoAnn, I know--you're older! :evil: :D )

Lyn

MacMaster in Hamilton. Is that the one?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/31024-tenessee.gif

Chris

Starsprite
10-17-2004, 01:02 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well my computer is finally back to normal - everything is where it should be and all peripherals and programs have been reinstalled - so DS is back in good books.

Did tell him I had got him a good home in Kansas (with Starsprite) he said - 'Oh Good - right - thanks'.......lol.....but now he has fixed everything methinks I am going to have to renage on the deal (sorry Patty :( ) - well till the next time.

Pat xxx

Hey Pat...glad to hear you got your computer probs sorted out. Sorry to hear that my winning has been renaged though....was looking forward to his visit...I'm sure I could have had him stash some of your chocolates in his suitcase pouch...LOL :) :evil:

Chris.... what a beautiful scene you have in your backyard!!! Makes my walk along the bike path look really dull and boring. Just wait though...Kansas does get pretty...just later than you all. :p

My tulip painting is done!!! Heee heeeee!! Will post after yous guys do. Glad I don't have to come up with a poem though. Try some lemon yellow or light cad yellow for your tulips Chris....then a warmer new gamboge or cad yellow for the deeper yellow.

Got a horrible cold... wahhhhh.... need to go grocery shopping but don't feel like it. Maybe Malty will go for me??? :)

I think I'll take some cold medicine and take it easy today...

Have a good one washerroos!!! :wave:

pampe
10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
TWO WORDS

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starsprite
10-17-2004, 03:00 PM
WOOO HOOOO PAM!!! I always love the first snow... :clap: :clap:

Just got back from letting daughter drive (she has her learner's permit), she drove with me in the passenger seat :eek: , to her boyfriend's house in Clearwater...a small town southwest of here. I thought I would show you guys what I'm talking about when I say that Kansas is flatter than a pancake and why I am so jealous of Henry's castles, Dave's blue herons, Pam's mountains, Chris's trees...oh the list could go on and on...lol. I was going to take a pic of a really cool looking old barn and windmill though but didn't realize my digital camera card was almost full... so these were the only two pics I could take. This is on the way home..I just pulled over to the side of the road and took these...one is what you would see on the left.... the other the right. LOL :) Oh and Jessica is doing really well with the driving except she is sort of heavy footed on the gas when she starts out from a stop. .... I had to grab hold of the side of the car and put my knees up against the dashboard only twice this time. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/6385-Kansas1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2004/6385-Kansas2.jpg

jaytee
10-17-2004, 03:04 PM
RATS !!!!!!!

Ive discovered I can't
visit the gallery,
Paint a challenge,
sing the messiah right through 4 times in one week,
bid a thousand times on ebay and watch them all progress,
Get the loos ready for choir interval visitations
catch up with Old washes , JJs travels, photo threads in general forum.......

AND POST HERE TOO!!!

ANDI missed out on the Autumn Plant sale up the road today, in favour of experimental painting HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223643)

I have enjoyed my wash reading .........so please dont think Im not living your lives alongside you....... I am......... just not time to tell you so :D

HH&J

painterbear
10-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon all,

It is just after 3:00 p.m. here in sunny, beautiful Ohio. I'm a little later than usual getting to the Wash today. I've enjoyed reading about the gatherings and happenings though and saw the lovely photos and funny paintings (Lulu!)

I made strawberry shortcake for breakfast this morning. Yum-m-m. Used buttermilk to make the shortcake so it was nice and light! Took all the calories out while I was mixing it, of course. :angel:

After that DH and I went to the supermarket to get the paper and stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Michigan apples are in right now and I got a bag of mixed varieties at 44˘ a pound! They are so crisp and juicy!

When we came home I got out the blower and started in the back yard on blowing the leaves into a big pile. That took an hour. Then I did the side and front, that took another hour. Then DH and I piled them onto tarps and dragged them down to the street where they now line the entire front of our property—50 ft??? maybe. That is only the first time for the season, there are still lots of green leaves still on the trees that will fall in the next month and we'll have to do this all over again. I'm a little stiff right now.

I've just started a BIG pot of spaghetti sauce—I make enough for 5 meals, including one with the meat (chicken breast, country pork ribs, chuck roast of beef) that I put in the sauce. Why go through all this work for one meal???? That's why G*d invented freezers. LOL! :angel: Kitchen smells like an Italian restaurant right now, DH says he can smell it outside too because I have the stove fan on blowing the steam out there.

Hope all are doing well who are in the Waiting and Recovery Rooms. Pam have fun in the snow. I'll wait another month or two before having that pleasure, thanks. :eek:

Off to check out the Gallery paintings now.

SYL,

Sylvia

I tried subscribing to the Wash earlier in the day when I knew I wouldn't have time to post anything and it didn't work, even though it said I was subscribed, I didn't receive any notices in my email. That seems to happen to me fairly often, but not always so it is hard to compain when something only happens once in a while. I think Scott is sick of me and my Mac problems anyhow. :confused: :cool:

artmom
10-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Chris, yes, MacMaster--Gad, I'm getting old!! ROFLOL Thanks for the UT logo!! The really big game comes up this Saturday. UT vs University of Alabama! GO VOLS, BEAT BAMA

Here's a link to the finished "Pot Party." This was the first painting I have done since May!! (I'm afraid the flag looks like it! :( ) The "S" is in honor of Susan (Bubba's Mama).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2814643#post2814643

Nice pics!

Sylvia, you are making me drool!! (Not a pretty sight!)

Lyn

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Then your cousin is my hero Lyn! last year I desperatley wanted a book called Cider with Rosie. My son went to library at Mac and they found it all dusty in the archives. Not sure it was your cousin, but I will assume it was!!
Chris

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi all

The core board that Gail talks about you can get from any TIM HORTON's for free. Its the signs they use on the outside poles advertising their product. Same stuf you pay money for in the art store. They are quite large and you can cut them down and use them to tape you watercolor paper too.. Works great. I found out about that when I visited Mr. Reid. Price is FREE !!! :wink2:
Where I go anyway they have no problem giving them to me as they just throw them in the garbage bin.

Have a great day all

Johnnie

Thanks Johnnie for the TimHorton tip. I will stop in there and get another couple of them for myself. Missed you yesterday. :crying:

Cheers, Gail

madmum
10-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Another late visit to the wash, although I have been reading, laughing, crying, oohing, aaahing and sympathising with each message as appropriate while reading I can't remember much now :rolleyes:

Sundays were always busy, and even more so with Amy travelling the county to play football every week. Today her team won 8-1, in spite of barely scraping enough players together (11 turned up, so no substitutes). Craig was enjoying his football but the team manager called them to a meeting last week, said they weren't good enough and he was closing the team down immediately :mad: That's what happens when a team gets thrown into matches with no training!!!!! He's going to stick to his boxing training to get fit (but no actual fights, I won't allow it!).

DH has 2 days of holiday left to use before 31st October, so he's taking them tomorrow and Tuesday. We're off to Malvern in the morning, a lovely little town not too far away, and hopefully I can get some good photos to share :) There's a lovely building which houses a well for the famous spring waters, I plan to climb the 99 steps to see it :eek: And I promised Ripvan Alan some pics of the Victorian station a long time ago, it's time I delivered!

Huggles and white light to all

Ruth

Flattwo
10-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Hello and good evening

Chris..great area you live in!

Ruth...Boxing training will be great for you son, its tough and he will be "fit as a butchers dog" if he continues

I used to go to the gym when I was very young and my father was a excellent boxer, I gave up after I discovered that even with gloves on its painfull and I wanted to retain my good looks :D ...my Father had his nose broken more than once

Henry

Johnnie
10-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Johnny: I painted a few times at the Dundas Gallery??? with my father in law. Fabulous place. Is that near you at all? My son is at Mac, and says there is a Tim's on every corner!
Chris

Hi Chris

No Dundas is on the other side of town from me .. Im near Stoney Creek east end.. Dundas way over on west end. Never been to Dundas Gallery must have a look one day..

Yes son is quite right actually..
I think Hamilton is the Donut & Coffee shop Capital of Canada... Almost one on everycorner is just about it.. lol

Johnnie

==============================================

Hi Artmom/Lyn..
Waving back to ya :wave:
How you been? How is the legs and everything else?
Be well Mom always thinking of you..

Johnnie

Hi Gail

Yea I was wanted to go to meet you. We havent yet.. Some other time I spoz

Yes the actual name of that stuf in the store is Core - O - Plast.. Similar to coragated cardboard but all plastic.. Fairly tuff stuf too..
You might have to wait till end of month for them but if you ask manager will probably save them for you. They do here anyway. Has lots of uses. Only prob it has printed stuf on it but I dont care about that none. I have some white stuf I use for palette for my oil's and the printed stuf for taping my paper or synth canvas to..Works good and quite stiff

Take care.
Johnnie

JudyL
10-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Hey Ruth, if you don't want your son to do the fighting, you may want to consider Karate, both of ours sons took that and really enjoyed it. The only thing they had combat with was a plank of wood. Really good for self esteem also.
Just talked with my daughter in the Sacramento area. Spencer, age 5 is in a soccar/football class, and was the goalie, and stopped two, and got big cheers from the crowd. Mom said he did the first one he looked shocked, and the second one he did the whole routine, arm pumping and all.
Heading for bed, talk in the morning.
JudyL

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Gail

Yea I was wanted to go to meet you. We havent yet.. Some other time I spoz

Johnnie

Johnnie : Have you checked out the Ontario Meet thread I have got going in the General Forum??

Gail