PDA

View Full Version : Ontario, Canada Meet -June 2005

Pages : [1] 2

Strawberry Wine
10-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi All:

After some discussion this past week with some fellow Ontarionians and interest shown, I have decided to open this thread for discussion.

Ontario Meet Tentative Date 3rd weekend in June... Friday June 17th to Sunday June 19th, 2005

Location: Central Ontario.... To Be Discussed..... but somewhere within an hour to hour and half north east or west of Toronto.

******* DEFINITELY NOT LIMITED to Ontario residents and open to all our other Provinces, our U S neighbours and anyone else who would like to join in.

If you are interested please post your comments here and also PM me and i will start a list. From there we can fianalize plans.

Possible Agenda: Open for discussion

Friday Night Meet Dinner at a local establishment and getting to know everyone

Saturday" 10 am to 3 pm Painting seminars by WCers.
Dinner BBQ somewhere local

Sunday Brunch, Photos Pleine Aire painting sessions.

The above are just a few ideas I have come up with for starters, nothing carved in stone

Just going to wait for some feedback and we can all take it from there.

Cheers.

Gail

mr sandbanx
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Add poetry recital and I will be there! :D

Hey Gail, this is great. I will mark it on my calendar right now so count me (and my elephant) in. (Provided Kevin will give us the day off!) It is the week following Church camp so I will be well rested...not!

I will watch this and jump in wherever I am able to offer some help. I can BBQ fer sure, not too certain I can teach anyone anything though!

Chris

Strawberry Wine
10-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Chris :) Poetry Recital has now been officially added to the agenda, Can I nominate you to chair that position :D PM me so I can start an official list to keep track of. Have the Elephant PM me too.

Cheers,

Gail

Yorky
10-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Thinks ......... June? May be in Detroit at that time....... ;)

Doug

CharM
10-17-2004, 07:49 AM
... will really have to give this some serious thought, Gail...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Uschi
10-17-2004, 08:32 AM
:music: :music: Wherever you are - I'll be there!!!!!!!! :music: :music:

Oh Doug!!!! That would be soooo wonderful!!!!
Uschi

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi All:

Doug; Having you amongst us would be so cool. Please consider joining in.

Char: Enough time for serious thought already :D

Uschi: You have been added to my list.

The reason I asked for a Private Message to be sent is I need everyones real e-mail address. So if I don't have it, please PM me with it.

Considering the area close to me.... One hour north of Toronto.
We have a Provincial Park with Group Camping opportunities, for those who like to camp and plenty of B & B's very close to the campground. for those who dont. I will check with our local gallery to see if I could book their downstairs area which is set up with long tables, easels, hair dryers etc for a Saturday paint session. Perhaps we could have a couple of demos and a paint a long.

Any input on what anyone would like to see happen would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gail

ScarletLake
10-17-2004, 09:37 AM
HI Gail

I would love to come for a get together.

I have never been to Canada & if it is planned like you said for over a weekend I would definately try.

Anita

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Gail your area works for me. Very pretty area, lots to see and do, Tim Hortons within crawling distance, easy access from most anywhere.

BUt have brush will travel so wherever we decide is good.

I already ironed my shirt, so just say when.

Anita It would be great to have you come up. Ohio is only a few hours drive.

Chris

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Anita: That would be wonderful. Keep watching for further details. I am thinking that the 3rd week in June would be a good one. Usually we are quite seasonal by then and the parks,B & B's and Hwys. wont be as busy. As the summer season unofficially starts the following weekend.

Cheers,

Gail

Deb Leger
10-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Count me in Gail! I'm five hours east of TO, but my Mom lives in St. Thomas, just outside London, so somewhere west of TO would do great for me, but I'm easy! I can go anywhere you decide.

This is going to be great!

Deb

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Deb I am one hour north of Toronto. As Chris has said I think between the provincial park several clean motels and the Georgina Inn, and many B & B's there will be fairly inexpensive places to stay.

If I am the one to co ordinate the meet, I think it is important for me to know the area and be able to personally check out accomodations. Chris who is an hour away from me has offered his assistance in putting it all together as well

At least I think that is what you meant in your PM. Chris :D

So unless someone has a better idea and wants to co ordinate the gathering, the Ontario Meet will take place in Georgina, Ontario on the south shore of Lake Simcoe.

Cheers,

Gail

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Here are a few links to the area where Gail lives, for anyone who may like to see:

Sibald Point Provincial Park

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/sibb.html#

the briars resort
http://www.briars.ca/

Georgina arts centre (Sutton)

http://www.gacag.com

Lots to see on the web if you use key words Lake Simcoe, Sutton etc.

By the way, I take 20 kids camping in mid June, so if anyone wants to try camping: I have more than enough supplies.

Chris

toyam
10-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Oh yes, yes ,yes!! count me in.... you just name the place and I will be there
I would love to meet everyone :)

waiting for June.......

Bonnie R

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Here are a few links to the area where Gail lives, for anyone who may like to see:

Sibald Point Provincial Park

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/sibb.html#

the briars resort
http://www.briars.ca/

Georgina arts centre (Sutton)

http://www.gacag.com

Lots to see on the web if you use key words Lake Simcoe, Sutton etc.

Thanks Chris: Those links will be extremely helpful.

Gail

By the way, I take 20 kids camping in mid June, so if anyone wants to try camping: I have more than enough supplies.

Chris

Deb Leger
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi Gail,

Just a thought, i could be wrong, but isn't Sunday the 19th going to be Father's Day? It's okay with me though, to be there then. Just thought I'd mention it in case it created problems for others.

Deb

amaze_1101
10-17-2004, 07:32 PM
...on knees begging for a miracle...

(Save a chair for me, if I don't show up in person my spirit will certainly be there! ;) )

Pars
10-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Gail - I'd like you to pencil me in as a potential. I'd really like to see all the Washers and the links Chris posted sure make it look inviting. Pam is planning Montana in September I think and when I look at the map North of Toronto looks like a walk :evil: from New York or at least if I was in Rochester :cat:

I am imagining that accommodations won't be too much of a problem, if I couldn't commit until the last minute (and I am so much at the mercy of my work schedule).

Anyway it's nice to think big!

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Deb, you are right. Never even realized it. so I am thinking.........

WE could meet for a mid morning breakfast and then those who will have Father's Day plans would most likely be able to honour those as well.

Some who may have further to travel could say their goodbyes the night before "SAturday evening" and get an early start. I thought about having a BBQ here on the Saturday BTW

Usually the 3rd week of June is a good one and then after that everything gets so busy.

Feedback please

Gail

mr sandbanx
10-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Will not be a problem for me. Kids usually send me golfing anyway to get me out of their hair. Will be home in the afternoon anyway.

Chris

Deb Leger
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Sounds great to me Gail. If I camped there, I'd go to the breakfast then start out on the long drive home. But if I stay at my Mom's, I'd probably have to skip the breakfast and Sunday get-together. But either way, it's fine by me!

After reading all about the Kingston get together in the UK, isn't it so exciting to be planning one right here in Ontario?

Deb

Deb, you are right. Never even realized it. so I am thinking.........

WE could meet for a mid morning breakfast and then those who will have Father's Day plans would most likely be able to honour those as well.

Some who may have further to travel could say their goodbyes the night before "SAturday evening" and get an early start. I thought about having a BBQ here on the Saturday BTW

Usually the 3rd week of June is a good one and then after that everything gets so busy.

Feedback please

Gail

Roun2it
10-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Thats a real shame would have seriously considered this but daughter has just announced mid June as the date for the arrival of new grandchild, so can't take excited grandmother anywhere in this period.

Ah well................... :mad:

Strawberry Wine
10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Kev: I would have been thrilled to meet you. But you never know, this may become an annual event.

Congratulations on upcoming Grandpa Status, is it your first?

Cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
10-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Gail - I'd like you to pencil me in as a potential. I'd really like to see all the Washers and the links Chris posted sure make it look inviting. Pam is planning Montana in September I think and when I look at the map North of Toronto looks like a walk :evil: from New York or at least if I was in Rochester :cat:

I am imagining that accommodations won't be too much of a problem, if I couldn't commit until the last minute (and I am so much at the mercy of my work schedule).

Anyway it's nice to think big!

Zoe, you are marked down as a tentative which I hope will become a definite :) Gail

Sandy1
10-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh yippeee count me in! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ellen in Ont
10-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Gail,
I would love the chance to meet some of the people on wc and attach names to faces. I will say yes for now and then check with DH about his holidays. Mine are fairly flexible with this much notice. We can combine the weekend with visits to our boys in London and Peterborough after. Sounds perfect to me. :)

Strawberry Wine
10-19-2004, 08:42 AM
:clap: :clap: Just received your PM Ellen, so glad that you and DH will be joining in.

Cheers,

Gail

Johnnie
10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Gail

Well yes I will love to go to this Paint In.. But only if I am up to snuff health wise. Would love to go..

Nice and early arrangements too so Mama can book holidays for that weekend or before and after week.

Any initial cost at all for anything please let me know.
I would assume accomodations would be up to us but how is for booking at that time of year in your area. I presume by the look of things its going to be up by your way.. Looks like you pretty much have it all together pretty near..

Count me in like I said but with a bit of an "?" I would just hate to miss this. I have missed two meets locally here that I would have like to have made..

Great stuff !!!

Johnnie

Strawberry Wine
10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Johnnie: I will count you and Mamma in. I am thinking postively for better health for you for next Spring.

Everyone who has signed up, here is my first update.

Ontario Wet Canvas Meet

June 17th - 19th, 2005

So far we have

Me
Chris
Char
Uschi
Deb Leger
Bonnie (Toyam)
Sandy 1
Anita (Scarlet Lake)
Ellen in Ontario
Johnnie

Pars (Zoe) tentative and maybe
Yorky Doug (tentative. )

Have I missed anyone??? Many will be coming with their DH or DW and family?

Today I booked the gallery for the Saturday Paint 10 - 3 aprox. Cost will be somewhere between $ 5.00 - $10.00 per person. I will pay that upfront once we have a definite number. They will have coffee and cookies available but they are not available to make lunch on Saturdays. There are lots of places within walking distance to grab lunch or I could do a run to Mr Submarine or somewhere close by and bring it back in to the gallery.

I am in the process of getting prices for the B & B's and the Georgina Inn.
Sibbald's Point Provincial Park is 10 mins from the Gallery and main street
Sutton. There is one B & B which has 8 rooms. The B & B prices vary but the rooms are based on double occupancy (their are a few singles) with a 10% discount on a second night booking. I will post links to all B&B's, Georgina Inn and a couple of the local motels , which will be cheaper than the B&B's or the Inn later this week. There is also a 5 ***** Resort called the Briar's which I will also include as a link . Very pricey however.

Here is somewhat of a tentative agenda. NOT CARVED IN STONE and I am open to any and all suggestions. I just wanted to put something to paper for feedback.

Friday- arrive whenever. I will be available all day.
Friday evening Dinner at the Lake Simcoe Arms. English Style Pub and Restaurant with good food and quite economical.

Saturday AM, breakfast, for those who are not staying in B & B's

Paint-a-thon 10 am- 3pm or 4p.m. Sandy 1, says she can be persuaded to do a demo. Any one else? Landcape, Still Life ??

BBQ here for Saturday dinner.

Sunday: Brunch for whomever is interested and possibly some Pleine Aire (weather and time schedules permitting)

For the Wet Canvas family members who will be joining the festivities and who are not interested in the painting session, there is plenty to see and do, my DH, Dan will be at your disposal as tour guide.

Thats' all I can think of for the moment.

Your comments and further suggestions, please.

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
10-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Gail, the mover and shaker :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
Uschi

CharM
10-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Wow, Gail!!! You've already done a lot of work/research!!! So far, it all sounds fantastic!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

artmom
10-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Gail, sounds like an excellent plan!

At this point, count me and one other in! Don't know if it will be DH and me, or Erin (vestalqueen) or someone else.

Of course, like Johnnie, the health is iffy, but I would really like to come to this meet. Ed and I enjoy that area of Canada very much, and I have my cousin in Dundas that I love to visit with.

Can't put any smilies in for some reason! Just picture me grinning!! LOL

Lyn

Uschi
10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
LYN!!!!!!!!! What fun, would be soooo great to see you again - for longere!!!!
Uschi

Strawberry Wine
10-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Lyn is in Yeah!!!!!

We are growing in numbers. :clap:

I will try and get into see all the B & B's ( I have 3 nice ones on the list) and see them for myself.

To All:

After that I need to know if anyone travelling alone would like to share a room to cut down on the costs.

All three B & B's are relatively close to one another and all in Jacson's Pt.

I will post the links on Friday or Saturday.

Cheers

Gail

toyam
10-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Gail, my DH, will be coming as well..... everything sounds wonderful! I can't wait... like Johnnie said if you need any money for intial cost let me know.
It will be a long winter!!

Cheers .........Bonnie R

Strawberry Wine
10-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks Bonnie : I can handle the Gallery costs up front. They know me well so it is not a problem.

NOTE :
I will be provinding links to local accommodations in the next few days. Those that want B & B should probably book soon. I will be letting them know that people will be booking under their name and the group name of Wet Canvas Water Colour meet. Using that name as well as your own may provide group discounts. Those that have health issues should enquire about cancellation deadlines.

More on that in the next few days once I get a chance to check them all out.

Cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
10-21-2004, 07:27 PM
I have just sent all interested parties an email with links to B & B's

cheers,

Gail

artmom
10-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Whooeee! I'm booked into the Whispering Pines Inn for June 17, 18, 19!!
The Country Teal Room -- ground floor--it's not even mentioned on their website. They have one other ground floor room, if anyone needs one.

I'm getting soooo excited! How on earth can I wait until June???

Lyn

toyam
10-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Lyn, I am so glad you are coming!! I can't wait to meet you.... I live very close to Dundas, in Hamilton. Anytime you are visiting your cousin you must give me a call.

Bonnie R

ScarletLake
10-22-2004, 06:12 AM
Hi Gail

I will be looking at the B&B's this weekend online. I am very excited & DH will probably come with me.

We're talking about it.

Anita

Strawberry Wine
10-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Yeah!!!! Lyn is booked. You will love the inn. It is charming and Shirley will be a wonderful hostess.

Whispering Pines has a huge covered front veranda and directly across the road is the Red Barn Theater, which is, as the name suggests, an old red barn that has been converted into a theater.

Cheers,

Gail

artmom
10-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Bonnie, I'll do that!

Gail, Shirley was a delight to speak with on the telephone, and I'm sure she will be a wonderful hostess!

Lyn

Strawberry Wine
10-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Has anybody else checked out the links. Wondering if I should check out a couple more or will these do for now?

Cheers,

Gail

Ellen in Ont
10-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Both B&B look great. I will be calling in the next few days to make arrangements. I've just been waiting for DH to tell me that he has booked his holiday for that time. Great job organizing Gail. hmmmm... my smilies aren't working. Picture one with a big thumbs up!

Strawberry Wine
10-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Just a suggestion to those who are thinking about the B & B method of accommodation.
There is a discount if our group fills one or both of the above metioned inns.

Lyn has already booked into Whispering Pines so I think it makes sense to fill that one first. Just a thought :)

Cheers,

Gail

Sue Galos
10-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey Gail! Count me in! :clap: :clap: :clap: If I'm lucky, I may be able to paint again by then ... I am definitely coming! I will pm my address ect.
Sue :cat:

Uschi
10-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey Gail! Count me in! :clap: :clap: :clap: If I'm lucky, I may be able to paint again by then ... I am definitely coming! I will pm my address ect.
Sue :cat:

Sue, how nice you are planning to attend!!!! I haven't seen or heard anything about you since our Tennessee - Ontario meeting. Hope you are fine!!!!
Uschi

Sue Galos
10-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi Uschi,
I'm fine , just busy with school, art shows and mother issues. I still can't use my index finger so I haven't been painting which is why I also haven't been around wetcanvas - but I still lurk occasionally.

nnelson1
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
This sounds like fun!
I will try to make it. Put me down as a strong tentative!

Cheers,
Nick

Strawberry Wine
10-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi Nick: Would be great to meet you. Just send me a PM if and when you decide to become a definite.

Cheers,

Gail

leverettfinn
10-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Oh Gail...this looks like fun! Can you put me down as a tentative?...Only thing that would stop me is youngest son's gradutation party....I think his party will be before that, but we haven't set a date for it yet.... :clap:

Lauren

Jenoir
10-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi Gail,
Not sure how I missed this thread when it started- glad I didn't miss the boat, as I too would love to meet all the amazingly talented people on WC. Count me in and I'll probably be bringing my nutty (dare I say) :eek: ‘oil painting’ buddy, I haven't told her yet since I only just saw this, but she is fun and spontaneous, and I'm 99% sure she will come. Will PM my email addy.

Strawberry Wine
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh Gail...this looks like fun! Can you put me down as a tentative?...Only thing that would stop me is youngest son's gradutation party....I think his party will be before that, but we haven't set a date for it yet.... :clap:

Lauren

Lauren: You are on the tentative soon to be definite list :D Set the date for the party the weekend before or weekend after :)

PM me with your real e-mail address and I will keeep you informed of whats happerning.

Cheers, Gail

Strawberry Wine
10-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Jenny: Yeah!!!!!!

Gail

Georgie1
11-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi Gail,

Just sent PM to you. Hope it worked. I never did it before.
Anyway it's a go for Clasien and hubby and John and I Looking forward to it

Fran Georgie1

Strawberry Wine
11-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Excellent news Georgie and Clasiene. You are on the list. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,

Gail

pampe
11-04-2004, 04:01 PM
asked Rich to put this up top in a sticky :)

Strawberry Wine
11-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Thank you so much Pam, I never even thought to do that.

Cheers,

Gail

Want to come to Ontario ?????

NorahT
11-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Hi Gail - I have only just come across this thread! RuthT and I would love to come - please count us in as 99% sure - I just have to check with DH to be sure he will be free to drive us up and back. We will both pm you with our email addresses - you may already have mine from the postcard project, but will pm you anyway. I do hope we are not too late?? Off to pm you now :)

Strawberry Wine
11-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Norah, I have added you and Ruth to the list.

So glad, you are coming :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have just sent you a PM and an e-mail

Cheers,

Gail

laudesan
11-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh I am soooooooooooooooo jealous.. :envy: I don't think it is possible for us to travel again so soon.. :(

Should this thread not be a sticky like all the other meeting up threads????? ;)

Strawberry Wine
11-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Thanks JJ, Pam has asked Rich to make it a sticky, perhaps he is away at the moment.

Cheers,

Gail

Sue Galos
11-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm booked into the "perfectly peach" room at the Whispering Pines!
See y'all there ... =)
Sue

Strawberry Wine
11-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Sue, that is peachy I am excited too !

Gail

Ellen in Ont
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi Gail,
We've booked the golden rose room at Whispering Pines. :D Can't wait!

artdreamer1
11-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Gail,

Put me(us)down as a tentative yes. Don't know for sure what hubby's work schedule will be yet but I really would like to come to this--would like to go to Montana too(not sure yet about that either--sept. isn't a great time for me--kids and all) but Canada is MUCH closer to Massachusetts--I'll let ya know as soon as possible!! Would be nice to attach names to faces....

Michele :wave:

Strawberry Wine
11-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Michele, I have put you on the tentative list. It would be so good to meet you too. PM with your real e-mail address not W.C's and I will send you updates. Also let me know if and when you become a definite.

:wave:

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi Gail,
We've booked the golden rose room at Whispering Pines. :D Can't wait!
Wonderful!!!!!! June can't arrive soon enough!

Cheers

Gail

GISELADOVE
11-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Gail, just found this thread,
please put me on the tentative list,
my work may get into the way, as
it did when JJ was here.
I'll PM you
Gisela

artmom
11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh, goody, Whispering Pines is going to be much louder than usual, I think! LOL June is getting closer all the time!

Lyn

Strawberry Wine
11-12-2004, 08:15 PM
You are right LYN. Whispering Pines will no longer be whispering... at lease for one weekend in June. :)

Cheers, Gail

mr sandbanx
11-14-2004, 11:49 AM
NOT ANYMORE It WON'T BE! Mr Sandbanx... is in da house!

Royal Amethyst Room...oh fanshy smanshy!

Chris

Strawberry Wine
11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
:clap: Yeah, Chris :clap: Wet Canvas takes over Jackson's Point. :D

Cheers,

Gail

Jenoir
11-20-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm all booked in Iris Purple, maybe I'll wear all purple all weekend too!!! :D

BTW- On a funny note, I emailed Shirley at the W/Pines and my subject line was Wet Canvas Group 2005, she responded eventually, saying that she was very apprehensive about opening my email, as she thought it was porn- (Gail, remember my little homepage gremlin incident earlier this year?) anyway, she eventually took a chance and opened it and saw that it was ligit. Now she is saying that she is going to have to keep an eye on Annette and I :( :angel: because everyone else refered to the group as the Watercolour Artist Group!! She was actually quite tickled by this!!

artmom
11-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Whoooeee! This is going to be great fun!!!

Lyn

mr sandbanx
11-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Lyn I was hoping to get adjoining rooms so we could kick the football around if it rains.

Jenoir great idea about the purple. Will take my amethyst outfit to the cleaners! (uhhhm what is amethyst???..... help please)

Seeya there.

Chris

Jenoir
11-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Jenoir great idea about the purple. Will take my amethyst outfit to the cleaners! (uhhhm what is amethyst???..... help please)

Amethyst: As in the birthstone for January or Aquarius -I know cause I just happen to be born under that sign- just a purple, lilacy colour.

Oh, about kicking that football around in the room. Hmmmmm, I guess Shirley will have to keep an eye on you guys too. I hope she knows what she is getting herself into.

Strawberry Wine
11-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah!!! Jenny: I got your e-mail too. I did tell Shirley the Wet Canvas Water Colour Group :)

Chris in amethyst :eek: Whoot, I can hardly wait. I hope Brenda is aware :D Have you told Malty about the ******* star golfcourse almost across the street. If he does not want to paint, he could make HUGE $$$$ caddying :D

Cheers,

Gail

scribblet
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi: I'd love to come, and meet everyone. I'm brand new at watercolour and not doing very well at it, but I love a could social, count me in as tentative, I won't be able to confirm until I'm back from Florida in April.

An hour east of Toronto would have been nice LOL are people booking rooms now? Can you give an idea of prices and B & B's. :wave:

cheers

mr sandbanx
11-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey Scriblet I am an hour east of Toronto... you can come here and paint provided you bring the refreshments. LOL but I won't be here!

This meet is not so far from here.

There is a link earlier on about B& B's, motels and campgrounds.But you best hurry. they are going fast.

Chris

scribblet
11-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Hey Scriblet I am an hour east of Toronto... you can come here and paint provided you bring the refreshments. LOL but I won't be here!

This meet is not so far from here.

There is a link earlier on about B& B's, motels and campgrounds.But you best hurry. they are going fast.

Chris
Well, gee thanks, I think. I'm east of Bowmanville, in Cobourg.

Will look up the other thread.
Kathy

Strawberry Wine
11-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi Kathy: Welcome to the Ontario Meet!!!!! :clap:
I have sent you a PM and I have placed you on the tentative list.

Cheers,

Gail

scribblet
11-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi: Just wondering, are there any other folks in my kneck of the woods, about 1 - 1 hour east of Toronto. (well maybe one hour 15 mins. depending on your foot)

Kathy

mr sandbanx
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Well there is me, Maltman is in Oshawa, and maybe a few east of you (Ottawa etc).

Strawberry Wine
12-17-2004, 09:08 AM
I have know about this for a while but it did not become public knowledge until just recently so now I can share. Our small gallery that I have booked our paint session for the Saturday in June has become famous. Here is part of the article that was in yesterdays paper.

"The Georgina Arts Center and Gallery has permenently acquired works by acclaimed master painter Albert Chiarandini. Described as priceless, the oils were donated to the gallery by Mr Chiarandini's student Bruce Smith, a local resident. Mr. Smith's paintings, some of which are part of the famous Ken Thompson collection ( Newspaper and Hudson Bay company owner, richest man in Canada) are also on exhibit.

Mr Chirandini's paintings have shared exhibition space with the Group of Seven and many critics have said his works are at a level of mastery equal to the best works of the famous Canadian landscpe artists. His works are in private and public collections around the world , including the National Archives of Canada and the Robert McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa.

The exhibit at the Georgina Arts Center and Gallery is the largest collection of their works in the world. Many of the paintings of both Chiarandini and Smith depict country landscapes of York Region and Georgina. Mr Smith states that the exhibit at the gallery will have a major influence in attracting national and international attention as well as making it eligible for Federal funding, This may become the McMichael collection of the 21st century and has put our small gallery and Georgina on the map. "

I am very excited, as are all artists living in the area. Just a little over a year ago we were afraid that the gallery would have to close its doors due to lack of funding. With the acquisition of this collection we will never have to fear that again.

AND.....We will all be painting there in June :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,

Gail

Sandy1
12-17-2004, 09:35 AM
WOW! :eek: OH I CAN'T WAIT TILL JUNE :D

NorahT
12-17-2004, 09:46 AM
I can see we will be moving in very good company :) :)

Strawberry Wine
01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Patty, (Bluejeans, has joined the list of tentatives)

Make it a definite soon Patty

Cheers,

Gail

PS. It will soon be time to make some definite plans, as it is just under 5 months now. Whoot!!!! Come on Spring!!! I think we had it yesterday + 16 in January :) - 8 today :(
Cheers,

Gail

bluegenes
01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
It's a definite YES now!! :clap:
I PM'd you Gail.....can't wait!!!
Patty

Strawberry Wine
02-01-2005, 08:28 AM
I pm'ed you too Patty. I can hardly wait to meet you!!!

Cheers,

Gail

leverettfinn
02-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Yippee yi yo kai yea!

I'm In! :clap:

Lauren

Strawberry Wine
02-02-2005, 04:04 PM
clappin and dancin Lauren :clap:

Cheers,

Gail

Sue Galos
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I just had to put this "groan" in ... I got the email from Gail and couldn't even remember were I had booked - but thank goodness I had posted it in this thread - I would have had to go door to door asking if they had a Sue registered!!
Just a bit embarassing .....

mr sandbanx
02-02-2005, 08:42 PM
hehe Sue

I am in the purple pit or something like that. Took me a while to find where it was though.

Sue Galos
02-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Yah - my (perfectly) peach raises your prune! Now I have to get a map.

Strawberry Wine
02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
ROFL Sue and Chris. You are now on my permanent list for the Pines so if you get lost I will lead you to the B&B Now, where the heck did I put that list?????

Gail

bluegenes
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
:D I'm in the Yellow Sunflower room!! (How did she know I love sunflowers..it's got to be fate!)
Patty

mr sandbanx
02-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh no... I think Artmom is in the tangerine dungeon next to me! Maybe I should back out now!

leverettfinn
02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
I just had to put this "groan" in ... I got the email from Gail and couldn't even remember were I had booked - but thank goodness I had posted it in this thread - I would have had to go door to door asking if they had a Sue registered!!
Just a bit embarassing .....

LOL Sue...I'll be passing through Sarnia on my way...maybe we can "caravan"...10 -4 good buddy :D

Color me "grecian lime" at the whispering Pime....he he Chris....just had to "rime" :D

Lauren

mr sandbanx
02-06-2005, 01:42 AM
uhhmm......is there any other male painters coming to this thing :confused: :confused:

(BTW: I may be able to resurrect Stanley for a workshop or two)

Strawberry Wine
02-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi All, thanks for all your e-mails.

Chris, I thinkyou are the only "gentleman" painter at this point. But lots of other guys coming to the meet as in parners of painters. :D

Who is Stanley? Who ever he is , I am looking forward to the demo.

Cheers,

Gail

maltman
02-06-2005, 04:47 PM
uhhmm......is there any other male painters coming to this thing :confused: :confused:

(BTW: I may be able to resurrect Stanley for a workshop or two)

Not promising but maybe I may make an appearance, after all, have I ever let you go anywhere on your own before? Can't let that last experience happen again, can we? Still trying to hide the whole affair....and its still costing me a fortune!!!! By the way, did you warn the hotel?

Gail, as for me being a "gentleman" ,( if I do make it, ) only you can decide!!!!!

As of now I haven't made any reservations ....will just wing it!!

Strawberry Wine
02-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Brian, please do come and keep the other "gentleman" out of trouble. Please, please :D There a few other Bed and Breakfasts in the area, a few motels and I don't think you will have any trouble finding a place to stay in June.

Make it a definite soon as I am looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Gail

maltman
02-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Brian, please do come and keep the other "gentleman" out of trouble. Please, please :D

Gail

What other "gentleman" would that be? I never saw any reference to any other gentleman.....only Mr. Sandbanx!

Strawberry Wine
02-06-2005, 07:12 PM
What other "gentleman" would that be? I never saw any reference to any other gentleman.....only Mr. Sandbanx!

You being the gentleman I was typing to and I have already decided you are one, so the other gentleman has to be Mr Sandbanx ( the one you have to keep in line so he shall remain one) :D

Cheers,

Gail

artmom
02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Gail, et al.

I will be cancelling my rooms at Whispering Pines. It is a two double bed room w/handicapped bathroom if anyone is interested.

I'll wait a couple of days to cancel, in case someone from this group wants to grab it.

Ed and I won't be able to make it to Canada this year.

Lyn

Ellen in Ont
02-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Lyn,
I am so sorry I won't be able to meet you in person this year. I was looking forward to it. We will just have to hold another gathering next year and hope you can make it. :D Now who is going to keep Chris in line? :rolleyes:

mr sandbanx
02-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey!!! Who will I play football with!

Lyn you will be missed I was really looking forward to meeting you and having you regale us with stories of game winning last minute field goals.

PS anyone rents that room. I am next door I believe and someone in my party snores. Not telling who, but she keeps me up all night some nights with that racket.

Strawberry Wine
02-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Ahhh Lyn :( I was so looking forward to meeting you. June is still a few months away. Things may change. Why don't you hold off cancelling for now.

Cheers,

Gail

NorahT
02-15-2005, 09:59 AM
So sorry you and Ed will not make it to Ontario this year - we will miss meeting you both.

bluegenes
02-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Lyn, I'm sorry we won't be seeing you in June....
I'm hoping things will change and you can make it.
Patty

artmom
02-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks, folks. :D

Just some personal and health issues. Maybe we'll make it another year! Erin and I certainly enjoyed it last year.

Lyn

Sandy1
02-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I am sorry to hear you will not be able to make it Lyn.

leverettfinn
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
:crying: Lyn :crying:

Lauren

toyam
02-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Lyn, I am so sorry to hear you can't come to the Ontario meet!!
I hope all goes well for you and we meet sometime soon...
Bonnie R

mr sandbanx
02-24-2005, 11:47 PM
I think I have only three and a half months to get ready! Meeting Father in law next week and may try to get him to stop in to see us. He is a terrific painter.

Sandy1
02-25-2005, 08:53 AM
I am booked into the Whispering Pines. Oh I can't wait! :clap:

Strawberry Wine
02-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah Sandy!!!!!

Chris, please ask your FIL to come!!!!

Cheers,

Gail

Suds2005
02-26-2005, 10:06 AM
This area is not to far from me so if its not full I would love to drop in and say hi to everyone. Dont know about staying overnight but I'm sure I could drop by on Saturday.

mr sandbanx
02-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Steve: It would be great to get to meet you there.

Bring a five iron, we can drive some balls into the lake.

Chris

Suds2005
02-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I hope I can make it I just live down the road. Nothing for a day trip for me. If i bring my clubs I wont have any time for paint hahahahaha

mr sandbanx
02-26-2005, 04:44 PM
ok Steve, leave the clubs at home and we will do that another time.

Hope to see you there.

Chris

Strawberry Wine
02-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Welcome Steve!!!!

We are definitely not full so please do come!!!!! PM me for further details and plan on staying for the BBQ Satuday evening.

Cheeers,

Gail

Lynn Quinn
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi there,
This sounds really fun. Lord willing, I'll be there with my tent, etc., assuming there are showers at the prov. park. I'm a new member, from the Sudbury area.
Lynn

RuthT
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Lynn, and welcome to a new member. Look forward to meeting you in June :)

POUL
03-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Gail, I am also a new member and am interested in the weekend suggested.
I am from Sudbury. I know Lynn and would be travelling with her. Lois :clap:

leverettfinn
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Well...this is really getting exciting! Come on June!!! :clap:

Lauren

Strawberry Wine
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi Gail, I am also a new member and am interested in the weekend suggested.
I am from Sudbury. I know Lynn and would be travelling with her. Lois :clap:
Hi Lois and Welcome!!! Yeah, our numbers are growing. :clap: :clap: Please PM me with your real e-mail address, not the Wet Canvas one so I can send out group mailings.

By the way, Lynn, I need yours too.

Cheers, can't wait for June,

Gail

CAL_ALBA
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Gail ..I would like to go to your meet..I will be traveling with Lois & Lynn there will be another member to ....her name is Kerry we are all from Sudbury...thankyou Fay :

mr sandbanx
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
The Sudbury quartet is coming!

Don'tcha think someone should stay behind and keep an eye on things?

Gail my FIL is a definite maybe. I will confirm that in a week or two, but probaly for Saturday only.

Gooby

Strawberry Wine
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi Gail ..I would like to go to your meet..I will be traveling with Lois & Lynn there will be another member to ....her name is Kerry we are all from Sudbury...thankyou Fay :

Welcome Fay and Kerry: You are on the list.

Are you all staying in the Provincial Park or do I need to provide you with some info on accomodations. The park is quite close to Sutton and Jackson's Point, maybe five minutes away.

Can you PM me with your real e-mail address.

Cheers,

Gail

Lynn Quinn
03-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone -- had a browser problem for a while & couldn't get on. Four of us from Sudbury area (possibly 5) are coming & all staying at the Prov. Park.

We are all part of the same art club (37 members), so if we are slipping away for a weekend, there are lots left to mind the fort!

Most of us haven't been doing watercolours for a long time. Except for our possible fifth, I've been painting in watercolour for the longest (3 1/2 years).
Glad to show how I do stuff, but I don't know what people are looking for re. techniques, etc.
Lynn

Ellen in Ont
03-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Hi Lynn,
This is going to be great. I am from Timmins and am in the Porcupine Art Club here. Is your club part of the NOAA? It will be great to meet all of you.

Strawberry Wine
03-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi Lynn: I sent the four of you an e-mail earlier this week. I think you got it.

I mentioned a demo in my e-mail if anyone would like to do so. Sandy 1 is doing a demo on her wet into wet technique with florals and I am giving little hints to Char and Ushci to demonstrate their techniques with florals. Char does hers wet, with lots of pigment on her brush, on dry paper.

Chris, may do something and / or perhaps his F.I.L.

Do you mostly paint landscapes, still life, ???? Do you have a favourite technique to get a certain result? It will be very informal and we should all learn lots from one another.

Looking forward to all you Northern girls heading south for the weekend. :)

No black flies here this far south.

Cheers,

Gail

NorahT
03-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Looking forward to the demos on florals - they are my favourite subject to paint :) :)

Lynn Quinn
03-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi Ellen,
Yes, we're part of NOAA (the Walden Art Club). I guess we were getting close to Timmins last fall for the NOAA show in Englehart! Haha...Used to live in Timmins a couple of decades ago.

Gail, I mostly do landscapes, have just started doing a few florals thanks to a WDE. When I have time (and my son is off the computer, which , BTW, is his) I will try to post some of my stuff in the gallery.

I've done some fun pictures with masa paper -- haven't perfected it by any means, but glad to show it if there's interest. Also use the "blowing through a straw at little drops of paint" technique for branches, etc. Used that in a recent WDE (a couple of weeks ago, I guess) posting called "Winter Sunset". Last year I did a very loose painting of a sunrise with some distant branches wet-in-wet, then all the closer ones by blowing through the straw. I like it, but was quite amazed at winning awards in several different shows with it, including one "Best in Show". It was so simple! If I can find where I saved it (seems always a different place...much to my son's dismay! :D ) I can post it, so you can see what I'm on about...
Lynn

Here's one of the masa pics:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2005/54226-masafloral.jpg

Strawberry Wine
03-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi Lynn, I for one would love to see the demo of "blowing brances " And please post the "winter sunset" when you find it. :)

Can you tell us about Masa paper, I am not familiar with it.

Sounds like we are going to learn a lot from the gals from Sudbury

Cheers,

Gail

Lynn Quinn
03-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi Gail,

Masa is a Japanese paper, with a soft, sort of fuzzy texture on one side. You can scrunch it up (after wetting it), flatten it out, mount it on watercolour paper, then when you paint on it, paint soaks into the creases, and you get an effect not unlike batik.
Lynn

Here's the WDE pic:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2005/54226-wintertrees.jpg

leverettfinn
03-15-2005, 06:11 AM
getting more and more excited! come on June! :clap:
Hi Lynn and all :wave: beautiful painting!
Gail, Sylvia did a demo with the masa paper here a few weeks ago I think....looks like such an interesting technique....would be fun to see a demo of that..
Lynn...the branches done with the straw look fantastic! Hopefully it wasn't a full sheet was it? I would probably hyperventilate :D

Lauren

Strawberry Wine
03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I remember now, Lauren, Thanks for the memory jog. I guess I thought it was on rice paper or is that the same thing ????

Lynn, either or both would be great. I just royally mucked up a tree on a wonderful painting 1/2 sheet and worked most of the afternoon trying to fix it and now I just hate the whole darn thing. :D I will try and turn it into a birch with the proxy brush tomorrow, otherwise it is the practice on the back half stuff. GRrrr.

Cheers,

Gail

Lynn Quinn
03-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi Lauren,
Nope, it was just on a 9 x 12. The other one I did started out 15 x 22, but when I was done, I played around with cropping, and liked a tall, narrow composition better, so I cut off one side. I got three nice 5 x 7's out of the part I cut off, and they all sold at last year's spring show, and the other part went into a 12 x 24 frame, and won a couple of awards, so it was worth it to have given myself a headache blowing all those branches! :D
Good luck, Gail. I've done a lot of painting on the back side of the paper! :rolleyes: Oh well....glad I don't have to throw it away!
Lynn

Strawberry Wine
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
HI again Lynn!!!

I meant to comment on your winter painting but dinner was almost ready. I left the screen up and when I came back to the computer I just hit "submit"

I think I am getting old and forgetful :)

Your sky is gorgeous and the tree trunks and branches look really good. I am ready to blow through straws :)

Cheers,

Gail

scribblet
03-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Whooeee! I'm booked into the Whispering Pines Inn for June 17, 18, 19!!
The Country Teal Room -- ground floor--it's not even mentioned on their website. They have one other ground floor room, if anyone needs one.

I'm getting soooo excited! How on earth can I wait until June???

Lyn
I'm booked into the Whispering Pines in the basement, sharing a loo with someone, don't know who. (hope the basement pipes don't clang) LOL

Kathy

Strawberry Wine
03-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Kathy, So glad that you got everything sorted out. Remember you are just sleeping there! :) All the action for the weekend is happening on the ground floor of the Pines and every where else in Georgina.

Cheers,

Gail

leverettfinn
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm booked into the Whispering Pines in the basement, sharing a loo with someone, don't know who. (hope the basement pipes don't clang) LOL

Kathy

Hi Kathy....
We might be sharing...I have the Grecian Lime room....don't know where it is (basement?)...but listed as sharing loo :wave: (wonder if we can make scarry noises in the heat ducts to travel to our fellow wc'ers...woooOOOoo) :evil: :D

Lauren

scribblet
03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Kathy....
We might be sharing...I have the Grecian Lime room....don't know where it is (basement?)...but listed as sharing loo :wave: (wonder if we can make scarry noises in the heat ducts to travel to our fellow wc'ers...woooOOOoo) :evil: :D

Lauren
Sounds like fun LOL :wave:

scribblet
03-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Kathy, So glad that you got everything sorted out. Remember you are just sleeping there! :) All the action for the weekend is happening on the ground floor of the Pines and every where else in Georgina.

Cheers,

Gail

Darn, does that mean no pyjama parties :D

Strawberry Wine
03-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Of course, you can have P.J. parties. Some one better take a pic of Chris in his amethyst pyjamas :D

Cheers,

Gail

Sandy1
03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh I love PJ parties. I am in the Country Teal Room ( I think :confused: ) I can't remember now. :D Can't wait.

Strawberry Wine
03-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Can't wait to see a pic of u in greeciam lme p.j's Lauren. :D and Sandy in Teal.

I sent you all an email tonight, Please let me know if I have missed anyone.

Cheers.

Gail

artmom
03-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Well, I finally cancelled my room reservation at Whispering Pines.

It is a room with two beds (either doubles or queens) on the ground floor and is handicap accessible.

Maybe another year.

Lyn

NorahT
03-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Sorry I won't get to meet you this time Lyn. We will miss you. Take care :)

Strawberry Wine
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi All. Need some feeback on this.

Today, I received my monthly newsletter from our local gallery I knew they were going to write a small blurb about our JUne Meet in the newsletter but somehow wires got crossed and the announcement in the newsletter has opened the Sat paint a thon to other artists in the area. I need feedback on this.

Option # 1 Go into the gallery and explain that this is a private gathering and there is no structured classes or

Option "2 Let some of the local artists take part in the Saturday demos and
paint alongs ..

I really don't expect a great deal of response from the blurb in the flyer but we do have some great artists in the comunity that it migght be fun to meet.

Your call, majority rules :)

I will hold off stopping into the gallery until I get some feedback on this, If there are no reponses in this thread then I will e maiil everyone on Monday

Cheers

Gail

RuthT
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi Gail :)
A bit of a tough situation!! I wouldn't mind if others joined us. If it doesn't work out too well we would know for another time. One never knows - we might recruit some more WCers :D

mr sandbanx
04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Would NOT bother me Gail. As long as there is room I say welcome them.

Chris

leverettfinn
04-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Would NOT bother me Gail. As long as there is room I say welcome them.

Chris

Ditto!

Lauren

CharM
04-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Double Ditto... maybe we'll be able to encourage some new WC memberships!

Ellen in Ont
04-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't mind Gail. The more the merrier as long as the demos can remain informal. :D I would be very nervous if "strangers" were expecting this great lesson and demo.

Strawberry Wine
04-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I felt a bit sick when I read the announcement in the flyer. Dan said "get on the phone and let them know now." I said "No, I am thinking!" :) I am pretty sure there will not be a huge response" I will wait to hear some more feedback here in the thread but so far the response is favourable. The blurb did say " please pre register" so I will stop into the gallery on Tuesday or Wednesday and have Heather give them my phone number to call me so they will understand what is happening that day fun demos and work a longs but no structured class.

Thanks again

Cheers,

Gail

bluegenes
04-24-2005, 08:45 AM
We get first dibs on chairs!! :wink2: :evil:

Patty

NorahT
04-24-2005, 09:54 AM
but we do have some great artists in the comunity that it migght be fun to meet.

I agree - sounds good to me :)

Sandy1
04-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Sounds ok to me too.

Sue Galos
04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Sure - can't see a problem and might be fun

toyam
04-24-2005, 03:56 PM
It great with me too! the more the merrier!!

thanks Gail,,,
Bonnie R

Strawberry Wine
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
You guys are great!!!!!!

Cheers

Gail

Jenoir
04-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Ditto to all of the above!!

Strawberry Wine
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks Jen. :)

Cheers,

Gail

scribblet
05-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay with me, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sandy1
05-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi there:

Bad news. Due to an illness in the family I am unable to attend. There is a room now available at the Whispering Pines. It is a double room so if anyone is interested give them a call.

Sandy

leverettfinn
05-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh Sandy....I'm so sorry :crying: .....

Lauren

bluegenes
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry too...((((Hugs)))) Was so looking forward to meeting you...

Patty

NorahT
05-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the family illness and hope things go well with you all. I guess I am going to have to wait to find out how you paint those beautiful florals :)

Strawberry Wine
05-18-2005, 07:58 AM
{{{{{Sandy}}}}} I will call you tonight.

Gail

Europa
05-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Do you I have been sat here reading through the thread and I thought to myself - 'June 17th - 19th' - hmmmmmmm now why does that ring a bell.

Then I realised - am flying over to the states on the 17th.....so then I thought - hmmmmmmmmmm wonder how much it would cost for me and Jamie to fly up to Canada on the 18th and come back to VA on 20th :evil:

BUT after checking out flights and costs - I don't think I could make it. :crying:

HOWEVER - that is not to say I might acquire some more money before then - so watch this space - am seriously considering it even though it means flying for another 8 - 11 hours or so the day after a 10 hour flight - but hey - thats the joy of travelling isnt it. :wink2:

Pat x

NorahT
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi Pat - it would be great if you could manage that extra leg of the journey! I am a Lancashire lass myself, although it is many moons since I lived there. Will keep my fingers crossed :)

Europa
05-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Hiya Norah - et awreet?? :wink2:

Am going to have to wait till Monday to phone the nice young girl who sorted out my USA flights and look at the options - maybe fly straight to Canada on 17th then to VA on 20th - might be cheaper than flying to VA first. It will cost me to change the flights but hey - its an opportunity not to be missed really - am quite impulsive so there is hope yet.....LOL.

Which would be the best airport to fly into - anyone know? - and being ultra cheeky - would anyone be able to pick us up and drop us off? :wink2: :D

Pat

Strawberry Wine
05-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Whoot Pat, I am watching this space in ythe hopes that you might be able to join in the fun in Ontario. :)

Cheers,

Gail

toyam
05-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Pat! am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed (not an easy feet :wink2: )

we would all love to meet you and hear that lovely English accent.....

Good luck,,,,
Bonnie R

bluegenes
05-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Pat, that would be really great to meet you! I hope it all works out that you can come! :D
I would think the Toronto airport would be best, but someone else might know better...

Patty

Europa
05-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Boohoooo!!! :crying: - I can't make it - seems they wont change my flights :mad: - oh well maybe another time - but thanks Brian for the offer of somewhere to stay.

Have fun everyone - will be thinking of you while I am sunning myself in VA.

Pat xxx

Strawberry Wine
05-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Boo hoo, from me too. I was really hoping that you would be able to make it

Cheers,

Gail

leverettfinn
05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Well Pat.....I have gone from :clap: oh that would be great....to :crying: Oh shoot....within just the speed of my reading :rolleyes:

Lauren

Europa
05-27-2005, 06:46 PM
I know - I was really disappointed - BUT with a bit of luck I will be able to get down to see Lyn :clap: :clap: - so at least I will get to meet one WCer while am there. :D

Pat

mr sandbanx
05-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Too bad Pat... we had warned the innkeeper to stock up and Malty is already at the airport, camped out in anticipation. Hopefully security will notice and send him home in a day or two.

Say hi to Lyn for me please.

Chris

Jenoir
05-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Now that May is coming to an end, the excitement is really building. I was thinking -should I bring some sticky name thingies and a marker so we can stick our "STAGE NAMES" and real names to our shirts, tops, tee's tanks or whatever. I'm really bad with names-just a suggestion, or I'll be calling John, Joe, and Sue, Lou and so on..................

NorahT
05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Sounds good to me - I am poor with names too :)

Ellen in Ont
05-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I am just terrible with names. Any help in that area is appreciated. :D

Jenoir
05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Great!! I feel better knowing that I'm not alone. I will bring Sticky Tag Thingies and a marker or two!

Strawberry Wine
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Jenny, Ellen and Norah.

I just picked up two packages of the sticky name tags at the $$$$ store on Friday. I was thinking exactly the same thing. :wink2:

Cheers,

Gail

Jenoir
05-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks Gail, I see you are one step ahead!! Geeze you don't miss a thing huh?

Strawberry Wine
05-30-2005, 06:00 PM
:) Time will tell, Jenny, on what I have missed. :)

Cheers,

Gail

Ellen in Ont
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Gail I'm sure you have thought of almost everything. :D
Do you think we could have a semi-final list of everyone who will be attending? I am trying to organize my lesson plan and need an idea of how many will be painting-along.
It looks like the weather will be very warm if things continue as it is going. I can't wait to meet everyone in person. I can actually say... see you soon.

Strawberry Wine
06-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Here you go. Hope I haven't missed anyone. This is just the list of the people painting at the gallery on the Saturday.

Chris (sandbanks)
Fran (Georgie1)
Claseine (clasje)
Norah T
Patty (bluejeans)
Arlene
Uschi
Char
Lauren(leverittefin)
Jenny (Jenoir)
Annette , Jenny's friend
Bonnie (toyam)
Kathy (scribblet)
Lois &
Lynn from Sudbury
Brian (Malty)
Sandy 1 ????
Heather (late-bloom)???
and Me
Possibly one or two others
Cheers,

Gail

maltman
06-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Here you go. Hope I haven't missed anyone. This is just the list of the people painting at the gallery on the Saturday.

Chris (sandbanks)
Fran (Georgie1)
Claseine (clasje)
Norah T
Patty (bluejeans)
Arlene
Uschi
Char
Lauren(leverittefin)
Jenny (Jenoir)
Annette , Jenny's friend
Bonnie (toyam)
Kathy (scribblet)
Lois &
Lynn from Sudbury
Brian (Malty)
Sandy 1 ????
Heather (late-bloom)???
and Me
Possibly one or two others
Cheers,

Gail

Gail,

IF I can make it, it will only be for a social visit....I doubt whether I'll be painting...as it will only be a "day trip" for me (Saturday) ....I have to get back.

I could possibly model, but abstract painting is not scheduled for that day!

Brian

Strawberry Wine
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Abstract could be added , nothing carved in stone yet. :D

Brian, you can't let Banxy be the only male in the group. Nope, he would be lost with out his caddy. I am counting on you to keep him in line.

No need to paint if you don;t want to. you can be lunch runner. :)

You don;t have to do a demo just paint a long. Or just keep an eye on Mr Banxy.

Looking froward to your social visit. Hope you are planning on staying long enough for the BBQ. Bring a lawn chair. :)

CHEERS,

Gail

And don't be wearing that paper bag that has become your signiature. We would recongnize you right off the bat. ;)

mr sandbanx
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Malty + Social Visit (usually) equals trouble. If I was you Gail I would send him bad directions.

Jeepers creepers its only two weeks. (Am going to Curry's in the morning!)

Chris

Strawberry Wine
06-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Currys in the morning :clap: :clap: Guess you got my e-mail.

Cheers,

Gail

bluegenes
06-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi! I'm getting excited about our upcoming get-together! What kind of supplies should we be bringing?

Patty

Jenoir
06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Are you guys having a pre-meet at Curry's this morning??

Patty: Glad you asked that question, I was thinking the same thing as I'm trying not to overload myself, but I would hate to leave any vital supplies at home-Ajax is a long drive for forgotten items.

mr sandbanx
06-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah I got yer emmail, and I replied!! My computer does odd things at time Gail. I will send again.

Anyway: I need to know if you want Bright White, or Natural White.

As soon as someone shows up here with a car, I will be on my way.

Gooby

mr sandbanx
06-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Jenny:

There is not an awful lot that you need IMO. The area Gail showed me had easels, tables, lots of water and all the normal stuff. Even a few hair dyers.

I think if you bring:

paper,
Sketchpad
brushes,
pallettes,
pencils
and paints,
you will be in good shape. I am prestretching mine.

I don't use a hair dryer much, but if we want to hurry up the process, it might be a good idea to bring a few extras.

Oh, and the gallery does have art supplies for sale. Although they may be alittle pricier than Curry's.

Currys is up the road from work. I will be sure to go again at the last minute so if anyone needs anything and emails or PM's me before Tuesday the 14th either Malty or I can zip over and get it.

Gooby

Jenoir
06-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanx Banx!! I'm in Ajax and will make my run to Curry's next Saturday-although I really don't need anything...................but..............you just never know!!

Strawberry Wine
06-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Yeah I got yer emmail, and I replied!! My computer does odd things at time Gail. I will send again.

Anyway: I need to know if you want Bright White, or Natural White.

As soon as someone shows up here with a car, I will be on my way.

Gooby
Probably too late for this but either will do. The great outdoors beckoned me today Just checking in here Sat evening. Probably you have already been to Curry's but if not pick me up a # 2 rigger Curry's brand please and thanks.

Cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Jenny and Patty. Chris pretty much covered it regarding what to bring as far as painting stuff.

You might want to consider bring a half sheet taped to a board and use masking tape to devide it into four sections for the demos. or bring four smaller boards. You can also tape directly to the tables in the classroom as well.

Extra haridryers would be a good idea too.

I will be sending out a group e-mail this week covering last minute stuff. If you have any further ideas or questions post them here or e-mail or private message me.

Whoot, I can't believe its almost here!!!!

Cheers.

Gail

mr sandbanx
06-04-2005, 11:03 PM
A rigger? Why, did you buy a boat????

Gooby

Strawberry Wine
06-05-2005, 12:27 AM
A rigger? Why, did you buy a boat????

Gooby
WE have a canoe, does that count?

Thinking of rigging up sail :D

Cheers

Gail

NorahT
06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
How about an itinerary of what goes on when and where - and maybe a sketch of where places are in relation to one another :)

maltman
06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
If I make it, can I be one of the official photograhpers.. ( by appointment)?...just got a new camera and am desperate to use it!...will also photo people's work...as well as people...I want to be an RPf............Canada style............. (though maybe not as good...that's a lot to live up to!)

bluegenes
06-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Malty...only if you take the bag off your head and let us get a photo of you too!! :D
Patty

maltman
06-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Malty...only if you take the bag off your head and let us get a photo of you too!! :D
Patty

In that case, I will have to decline!

Have a good time....will be thinking of you.

bluegenes
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh all right, leave it on then....geez!! :rolleyes: :D

Patty

Strawberry Wine
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok Malty, you can leave the bag on your head and I nominate you the 1st Annual Ontario Meet Photographer. :D

You must post the photos here, the good, the bad and the ..... great.

You all thought I was going to type something else, didn't you ? :evil:

Cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
How about an itinerary of what goes on when and where - and maybe a sketch of where places are in relation to one another :)

Itinerary: Chris and Brenda came up last weekend and we did a quick tour. Whispering Pines, Georgina Inn and Sibbalds Prov. Park are all within minutes of the Gallery. Chris will lead you all to the gallery. Dinner will be Chinese and we will devide the bill by all those attending,

Dan and I are about 15 minutes away.

Friday night dinner. 6 : 30 - 8:30 or 9:00 pm. High Street, Sutton.

From there we could head back to Lake Simcoe Arms for a beer or a glass of wine. The gallery needed to get a special license for me to bring in a bottle of wine so I said not to bother. Too much headache and an added expense for us all. The Arm's is just around the corner from the Pines and Georgina Inn and less then 10 minutes from the park.

We have the gallery from 10 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday. Cost for the painters is $10.00 for the gallery and includes a sub platter lunch.

Those who are not painting I will provide some ideas of local stuff on the Friday night. There is a butterfly house close by and many antique shops, beaches, Whispering Pines garden etc etc.

Saturday 4:30 - 5 ish BBQ starts here in the Grove. Don't forget your lawn chairs!!!! Weather permitting we can have a Fire in the pit in our backyard during the evening.

Sunday: I will be phoning Shirley at the Pines this week. She offered to include breakfast for those not staying at the inn for Sunday Brunch I will check on the price per person for Sunday breakfast.

If you all let me know your route plan, I can provide individual maps. Any questions call me at 905 476 5686, e-mail me at [/email] [email protected][/email] or PM me.

Cheers,

Gail

Ellen in Ont
06-05-2005, 09:31 PM
The itinerary sounds great Gail. :) How are the bugs down there for the outdoor activities? Probably a good reminder for everyone to bring their favourite answer to the summer pests.
Does the local chamber of commerce have any brochures showing things to do in the area? (have to keep DH busy so he stays out of my hair you know) :D

maltman
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
The itinerary sounds great Gail. :) How are the bugs down there for the outdoor activities? Probably a good reminder for everyone to bring their favourite answer to the summer pests.
:D
I'm the sole distributer for "Anti Banxi"...it's a MUST if you do't want to be perpetually disturbed by the irritant banximus!

Call me and I'll make sure your protected!

mr sandbanx
06-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I liked it better when you said you were not coming.

Strawberry Wine
06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Ellen by the end of June the mosquitos will be decliining and we don' have black fies this far south usually.

Not a bad idea to bring mozzie repelent though but we do have plenty here.

Both Chris and I picked up the summer Georgina activity booklet. What does your D H like to do in his spare time? Dan will be tour co ordinator if need be. Lots to do in the area.

Malty; be sure to bring lots of your special repellent. Am I to assume you are now the official Ontario Meet Photographer????

Cheers,

Gail

Gail

Jenoir
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
A photographer with a bagged head who distributes repellent and a gentleman who expressed a desire to play football through the rooms and hallways of Whispering Pines?? Oh dear...............What am I getting myself into???!!

maltman
06-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Malty; be sure to bring lots of your special repellent. Am I to assume you are now the official Ontario Meet Photographer????

Cheers,

Gail

Gail

It will be an honour for the time I'm there, however, I won't photograph the Banxman ,as it's an expensive lense!

Strawberry Wine
06-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Maybe you could pick up one of those disposable cameras for the Banxy pics. Just put it on the Ontario Meet Expense Account.

Cheers

Gail

maltman
06-05-2005, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=Jenoir]A photographer with a bagged head who distributes repellent and a gentlemn who expressed a desire to play football through the rooms and hallways of Whispering Pines?? Oh dear...............What am I getting myelf into

What gentleman would that be?...didn't know you had one!

mr sandbanx
06-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Finally the recognition I deserve.

Jenny I grew up on the shore of Duffins Creek. You would know the areas reputation fror producing gentlemen. Thanks.

leverettfinn
06-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Itinerary sounds terrific Gail....Thanks to you and Dan (and Chris and Brenda) for organizing this....I am getting so excited!

so we'll need.....
painting supplies
lawn chair
pest repellent :eek: :D
Jammie's to match our room color in the Whispering Pines :p
scary noise tape to play through the duct work from my basement room in the WP

Gail...can I bring something for the picnic on Sat.? other than a chair or repellant??...my best "chinet" perhaps...or plastic ware...or chips or Something???

Lauren (who never offers to bring something to eat that she made....we all have our strengths :D ...still searching for mine :D )

Strawberry Wine
06-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Lauren; Love the idea of the scary music :D Piping it directly to the Amethyst Room, I presume. :)

Thanks for offering. plastic glasses, forks and napkins would be great. I can cross that off my list. I bought a huge bag of those foam plates last week, Not very environmentally friendly but the cardboard ones are too flimsy for salads and burgers. Except for the good chinet :) which cost about as much as a regular set of dishes.

Cheers,

Gail

leverettfinn
06-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok! Plastic glasses, paper napkins and plastic forks will come from Michigan :) Do you want spoons and knives too?....I will stick them in the car just in case....I have lots of them!

(I use those foam plates for palettes...but i use and re-use until broken)

Lauren

mr sandbanx
06-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Gail: re your request. The pig is in the pen! (28 bucks)

BTW Curry's is closed Sundays for the summer!

mr sandbanx
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Lauren; Love the idea of the scary music :D Piping it directly to the Amethyst Room, I presume. :)

HEY!!

Strawberry Wine
06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Ok! Plastic glasses, paper napkins and plastic forks will come from Michigan :) Do you want spoons and knives too?....I will stick them in the car just in case....I have lots of them!

(I use those foam plates for palettes...but i use and re-use until broken)

Lauren

Thanks Lauren, Knives and spoons I may have, but stick them in the car anyways.

Now, I feel better about those foam plates. They would be ideal for washes.

See you very very soon.

Chris, Do you want me to send you a cheque or pay you when you get here ? Thanks so much for being a Curry's runner for me. REMIND ME THAT I OWE YOU MONEY!! as I will be so excited meeting everyone. Just stick your hand out and say " I need the money, honey" :) or No Money, No Arches

Cheers,

Gail

mr sandbanx
06-06-2005, 08:02 PM
"twas a fairly good deal .... uhm......honey. I even got me a rigger. It's like a caddy, only with initiative!

Yeah you can pay me later... or I just won't leave.

Gooby

Strawberry Wine
06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I love my Rigger but it is getting worn out. Fragile things, they are!!!

Ummm Brenda, maybe I will keep him for a week, and pay him the following Friday.since he states he wont leave until I pay him.

Sure would like to see him paint the weekly challenge and of course I would help him with the poem. :evil:

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
06-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I've only jut realized how close we are :eek: and :clap: :clap:

Gail, you are doing such a fantastic job!!! Wish I had read this before I went to Curry's yesterday because I could have bought what you needed.

Anything else on your list that you would like to stroke off - let me know!!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!!
Uschi

Jenoir
06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm going to Curry's on Saturday if anyone thinks of anything they need, just let me know and I will get it. I'm actually just looking for an excuse to go there!!

Strawberry Wine
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Everyone: Just want to let everyone know that my phone line is down and it may be back up today or we may have to wait until Monday. So anyone trying to reach me by Ma Bell may have to wait. :(

Cheers,

Gail

mr sandbanx
06-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I need to make another run to Curry's.... any last minute items needed let me know and I will go on Monday.

CharM
06-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I need to make another run to Curry's.... any last minute items needed let me know and I will go on Monday.

Oh darn!!! Wish I had known... would you believe I just placed a paper order on Thursday... shipping is already set up... Thanks for the offer, though!!!!

Sue Galos
06-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Jammie's to match our room color in the Whispering Pines :p

Does that mean I need to go shopping to get some?? :evil:

Sue Galos
06-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I can't remember the plans - do we have something for Sunday? Since all I get to do is meet people Friday, then rush to a wedding Saturday - maybe get back to re-meet people that night - it's going to be VERY brief for me ...

mr sandbanx
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi Sue:

Friday night get together dinner. 6 : 30 - 8:30 or 9:00 pm. High Street, Sutton. The to a pub for beer/ wine in town.

Saturday painting 10-3, at the gallery.

BBQ at Gails afterwards. 5.00 pm or so, until 3.30 am :D , or until the mosquitos are full. :D

Sunday brunch at Whispering Pines.

I think thats the short version....

Gail posted the extended version one or two pages back...

Chris

Strawberry Wine
06-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Sue and all.

If no one is in a rush to head out on the Sunday, you can head back here after brunch and have more get together time in the garden. If anyone has more ideas for Sunday we can also discuss Sunday on the Friday or Sat night.

See you all soon. If anyone, that I have already not given it to, needs my telephone number, e-mail me or PM me.

Cheers,

Gail

Sue Galos
06-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks Chris and Gail - that was what I needed - it's a morning wedding with a noon reception so we/I will be back mid afternoon - yay!

Strawberry Wine
06-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Yipppeee!!!!!!!Can't wait to see you Sue

Gail

Ellen in Ont
06-12-2005, 10:25 PM
My DH and I have the Whispering Pines booked for Sunday night as well as it would be too late to start the long trip home in the afternoon. We are free to get together Sunday anytime. Can't wait to meet everyone.

(((Jenny))) - so sorry to here about the loss of your mother. We will miss you.

Yorky
06-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Good luck to you guys with the weather.

Wish I was able to join you, but I can imagine the fun to be had with the group you have got together.

Don't let Chris anywhere near the barbecue :D ;)

Doug

mr sandbanx
06-14-2005, 07:12 PM
But I have a new Apron!

Strawberry Wine
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Geesh Banxy, Well as long as Brenda and Dan are standing beside you packing fire extinguishers, I guess it would be OK, I think it would be Ok, I hope.......

Doug, I so wish you could be here too.

I spoke with Lois in Sudbury this afternoon and we talked about a possible pleine aire on Sunday, weather permitting, or just gathering back here to paint and chat or chat and paint .....

I just worked up the menu for Friday night. for 26 of us it comes to just under $6.00 per person. Maybe less if Dan and someone does the pick up run. I will see Amy on Thurs afternoon to confirm our huge order.

Cheers,

Gail

olika
06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi Gail :) I emailed you asking about exactly where I was driving to on Saturday and the name of the Gallery. Not sure if you got the email or not. :)

maltman
06-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Well,

I just booked myself into the "Gypsie by the Lake", the sister B&B to the Whispering Pines............2 mins away apparently( but we'll see)...... no rooms left at the central attraction... for Friday night...Have to be back home on Saturday to look after the dog as my son is moving out on Saturday also....So....can make sure that Banxy doesn't blow you all up on Friday and retrieve his lost brushes part time Saturday. when he throws them away in a fit of rage when his washes go amiss!

I can't guarantee his behaviour at the Pub however because, subject to the availablity of "the malt", I may be preoccupied!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Brian

Ps Gail, hope you're OK with the weather watch!

mr sandbanx
06-14-2005, 08:44 PM
As long as it is beyond snoring distance Brian, and you won't bother us at all... what colour are there rooms... khaki and plaid?

No need to worry about my behaviour. And I will have you know, my washes go awry, not amiss....

Gail: I would be able to help Dan with the driving if needed. And trust me, every BBQ I ever caused to explode, was entirely not my fault!

Baitte Shoppe baseball on Thursday night.... I plan on coming up, provided I don't get spiked by some staff with a grudge.

Gail I will PM you with all the secret stuff!

Chris

maltman
06-14-2005, 08:52 PM
As long as it is beyond snoring distance Brian, and you won't bother us at all... what colour are there rooms... khaki and plaid?

No need to worry about my behaviour. And I will have you know, my washes go awry, not amiss....

Chris

You know I wear rose coloured glasses so the colour of the room doesn't bother me...in my eyes everything is just beautiful...with regards your paintings...you miss more than you wry ( unless that's rye, in which case I agree)

Strawberry Wine
06-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Gerri, I just sent you a PM. I didn't get your e-mail. Lost to the spam filter I suppose.

Brian, are you in the Georgina Inn? . Will you be joining in on the Friday night dinner. ???? Hope you can still join us for Saturday night BBQ. I am looking forward to meeting you. BTW, the Arms is in the fashion of a British Pub, so hopefully they will serve your favourite malt.

Chris, thanks for the offer. I was thinking of you or maybe Ted Char's DH, to keep him company while we gather at the gallery. Looking forward to reading all the "secret stuff"

I am getting so excited!!!!

Cheers,

Gail