PDA

View Full Version : Sat showing and telling

kybeadmaker
10-16-2004, 12:07 AM
OK..it's the bewitching hour here. I made this set of beads before my dental surgery. These are the kind of beads I used to make before all the tools and frits came out. I decided that they make me feel good...kind of like macaroni and cheese does on a cold winter night..ya know???
Harriet

MegannsMom
10-16-2004, 12:22 AM
OOOH! I love the purple and green and the purple and turquoise! My all time favororite color combos!! Very nice! Geez....I really need to get some etch-all...
~Cindy

Teri.p
10-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Very nice, Harriet!! Your beads are always so cheery.

Another favorite set of mine, opal yellow with the purple//R-108 mix....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2004/23019-040672a.jpg

Teri

Toni Lutman
10-16-2004, 02:45 AM
Harriet - I love your color combinations.

Teri - I usually use the raku on a dark base. I'm going to have to try it with the lighter colors, yours look great!

Here are a couple of recent Gaffer beads.

Toni

margaretz
10-16-2004, 03:04 AM
Harriet- I love that set... fantastic colors!
Teri- lovely raku! I gotta get me some of that stuff!!!
Toni- Great Twisties... The color on the first is lovely.

Here's two recent pieces:

Onalee
10-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Wow, Harriott I forgot what you used to do with the dots and color. What a good color sense.
Teri the purple and opal yellow are perfect together. Your shapes are just perfect. Nice set.
Love all the focals. Margaret, yours looks like you have gold leaf in it. Is that from the amber or is it gold leaf. It is stunning.
Here is one I made with Alex's Dark Ruby Red transparant. I love it because it doesn't play as many tricks on you. It is dark tho so it needs to be deluted down, As I have done with transparant and white. Sorry the picture isn't better. We are still having nasty weather for pictures. Onalee

jeffwelsh23462
10-16-2004, 09:20 AM
GOOD SATURDAY MORNING! love everyone's beads! here's mine for the day!!! :) :) :)

Foofaraw
10-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Ohhh such pretties today!!! I was in a weird mood so "Slush Happens" was born! White and Val's Wintery Mix frit!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2004/19877-Slush-Happens.jpg

mperaza
10-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Happy Saturday!

Harriett, I can see why those beads would make you happy - they are great!
Teri, nice work with the R108 - Opal Yellow is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors.
Toni - nice work with the gaffer. Beautiful beads.
Jeff - great work as usual!
Onalee - I like that ruby.
I think I got everyone. If I missed anyone - please forgive me - all the beads are just beautiful!

Jenn- I love your beads - you really captured the feeling of "winter" in both the design as well as the colors you used.

Here are a couple of mine from yesterday. I did another set with the opal yellow and this time put raised floral design. I think I burnt the opal yellow a little though (I was working too hot all day for some reason); I also started playing with the dark silver plum - I got so many different reactions with this color - the very hot flame pulled out blues, coppers and gave it an irridescent look (the fish is also done with this); and finally some more sculpted florals but made a bit differently than usual.

Have a great day everyone!
Marilyn

GinnyHampton
10-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Whoa! This is a great s&t today, now I'm not so sure I want to post!!
That fish is AWESOME!!!!

Here's my latest, a hollow vessel using black, transp gray and R108 and a simple matching bead set.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3953.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3982.JPG

Dilyn
10-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hello All!

I rarely post but have decided to change that as I've lurked and admired for a couple of years now.

Harriet, The beads you posted today have always been one of my favorite styles!

Toni, Your beads have been amazing!

Margaret, I your beads rock and the first one you have used my favorite color combo!

Onalee, great beads and I really like that color! What type of glass is it?

Jeff, wonderful I have never done much with sculptural beads.. I really like the first turtle!

Jenn, Those beads are perfect for denim !

Marilyn, Awesome I really like the second set!! Kind of hmmm vintage looking!

Here is my set. For some reason I've been in a dotty and bumpy bead making mood lately.... I also found an old rod of coral so put it to good use.

Diane

margaretz
10-16-2004, 12:30 PM
THanks, all! Onalee- Yup, the base bead for that focal is trans amber, rolled in many layers of gold leaf (breaks up a lot after encasing and the amount of heat I tend to apply to beads...otherwise I burn it out or it breaks up too much. I use two pieces folded in half, so essentially 4 layers of gold). :)

Marilyn- Those purple flowers are lovely. Great job!

Trishki
10-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Gorgeous show and tell this morning!
I finally got a beadsqueeze, and these are my first squeezed harvest.I'm normally not really a floral kinda gal, but I already turned them into a bracelet for myself this morning after I got them out of the kiln. The pic isn't the greatest, but the pretty dusty rose colored roses are made with powder pink #262 is, encased in ink blue-who would have thought.... The dots that don't show that well either are goldstone.

Briatha
10-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Thanks for sharing all the luscious eye candyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2004/17321-Drooling.gif

Helen Simon
10-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Great Beads, Glassies!!! I found these coolio enameled beads w/ Austrian crystals...ain't they purdy? So I made this set to go with them. U like? Love, Helen

sarakay
10-16-2004, 05:12 PM
The fritfrogs are back! And the jar is getting crowded...I wish they'd stop eating my favorite frit.

I took a break from making little floral lentils and let my inner kermit out today. :)

dogmaw
10-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Sara,

Super frit frogs!!! Oh, and if you are still sick from after Asheville, go to the Dr. Turns out I have strep. :( On the other hand, Bluehealer sent me a freebie of the new violet frit, and I can't wait to try it when I am better. :)

Jo

Lampburke
10-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Which begs the question......what were you ladies DOING in Asheville to risk giving each other strep, hm-mm???

Amozoo
10-16-2004, 06:46 PM
I love everyone's beads today. really good day. THose frogs Sara are wonderful
Harriet, I just love your work so much, Color is my favorite part about beads and you really make colors sing.
Teri, nice set, no wonder they are your fave's
Sh*t Toni those are fantastic. but they make me want to throw up, you shouldn't sell them, just send them to me and I'll make sure they are safe.
Margaret, same with you, ah the focal, wow, I'm experiencing focal envy tonight!
Onalee, what a set. You are completely good at making a great set!
Jeff, I like the new shapes, your frogs recently are great! That turtle is great too. of course your sea horses are always nice too see. I love sea horses
Jenn, nice use of texture with that combination. the visual change it's nice.
Maralyn, you have an extreme gift for the flower.
Ginny, great shape and color combo with the vase and the beads
Diane, wow, by the time I see yours I just am blown away, another fantabulus set, those colors! and the pattern.
Patricia, The thing about todays show is that everyone is being so original, that set is marvelous
Helen, as usual your flowers grab my attention, so nice
wow, that's everyone, (I hope I didn't leave anyone out )
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out two things at once, focals and gaffer glass, big Leigha influence going on, but hay, I look at a lot of glass work, the things that I like stick in my brain, then I try ~~ TRY ~~ to make is come from me. I hope somehow that comes through.

RRadoy
10-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Awesome work, from everyone! Its so much fun to come here and see what pretties have been posted, thanks all!

Robin

FrontHallGlass
10-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Amazoo, those are some rockin' beads.

Great work everyone!

Rebekah

dogmaw
10-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Which begs the question......what were you ladies DOING in Asheville to risk giving each other strep, hm-mm???

Wouldn't you like to know. :evil: Actually, that is where the Hot Time in the Mountains was a couple of weeks ago. Put 30 lampworkers from all over the place in the same room, and I'm bound to catch something. :rolleyes:

Jo

Onalee
10-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Diane, the frit is kugler. I think that is how it is spelled.
The white is moretti and the clear is Laushe.
Sarakay, your frogs get better and better. I'm going to have to try some frit ones, they are so cute. Onalee

sarakay
10-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Sara,

Super frit frogs!!! Oh, and if you are still sick from after Asheville, go to the Dr. Turns out I have strep. :( On the other hand, Bluehealer sent me a freebie of the new violet frit, and I can't wait to try it when I am better. :)

Jo

Thanks!

No strep here...just a tired of work worn out cold. It's been over for many days now.

Gee, I'm not getting any gifts in the mail, or my CA prize. :( I'd kind of like to see my CA prize, but I don't want to bug Kay and Maria.

sarakay
10-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks!

No strep here...just a tired of work worn out cold. It's been over for many days now.

Gee, I'm not getting any gifts in the mail, or my CA prize. :( I'd kind of like to see my CA prize, but I don't want to bug Kay and Maria.

Oops! I thought I was posting in another thread...the dreaded CA game one. People have been sending each other gifts left and right, which is really cool! :D

I am a tired camper.