PDA

View Full Version : Ginza After the Rain

scotchpie
10-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi

Thanks for all the positive comments regarding "Just Passing" which I posted last time. It has encouraged me greatly and I have just finished this painting of a busy street in Ginza, Tokyo during the evening rush hour.

Acrylic on Canvas 10x14inch

Yumiko

Charlie's Mum
10-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Wowsa! (All these Americanisms we're picking up!!)
Thought you'd posted the ref by mistake!!!!! :eek:

Excellent painting Andrew, lots going on and vibrant colour. :clap: :clap: :clap:
May I ask what Yumiko means? :)

Bertoni
10-15-2004, 03:43 PM
This painting of the Ginza is spectacular!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Ginza I remember from way back when had very little traffic and few large buildings. Tokyo is a great place to visit as is Japan in general!! :)
A great painting!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiers
10-15-2004, 03:54 PM
This is wonderful work! I do so love this type of scene but all those straight lines and perspective scare the heck out of me. I envy anyone who can do them this well.

scotchpie
10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi

Thanks for those post's.

BTW Charlie's Mum, My name is Yumiko. Andrew is my husband whose account I use (maybe I should get my own). I am Japanese and worked on this very street before settling in England. I startedpainting about a year ago.

Yumiko

Bertoni
10-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Yumiko:
Welcome back to the Acrylic posts!! You definately should have your own postings. It will be great to see your work! It's a pleasure to look at!! :)

busy91
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
OMG! That's awesome, I was NOT expecting that when I opened up this post. Look at that scene, I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with it.

:envy: Here is me greeeeeeeeenn with ENVY!

greymist
10-15-2004, 06:13 PM
WOW!!! this is wonderful

Lisa

romell
10-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Nice rendition of one of the most expensive cities in the world. Very well done. :clap:

BeeCeeEss
10-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Wow! Absolutely superb painting, Yumiko! There is so much here that my eyes are delighted no matter where they roam over this lovely painting. My head swims a bit just thinking of painting all that detail, though. I just don't have the patience for it at my age.

Welcome to Wet Canvas and, yes, I think you should get your own account/ID so we can look forward to many more posts from you.

Congratulations!

Beverly

Lady Carol
10-15-2004, 10:59 PM
This is fabulous. I hope you are approaching galleries with paintings like these. You will sell. :clap: :clap: :clap:

HRH Goldie
10-16-2004, 07:14 AM
As already said this work is so contemporary and so well painted it will sell.
In fact saw an idea on TV the other day that would work so well here. Perhaps you could do something on the same lines.
It was just a print (of course you're lucky to be able to do an original) but the focus was on lights. There was one of a bar and one outside a cinema with the neons outside and some car lights. What they'd done was make tiny holes in through the picture. Through this they'd put LED's. You can buy sets of these now especially as its coming up to Christmas. I bought a set in the January sales but could only get battery operated and red ones. But you can get clear. Red ones would look good in the break lights.
I was amazed when they were turned them on and it really showed the artwork up. Dare I say it really rocked.
I love your painting - which is unusual for me as it is of a busy rush hour type scene, just where I hate to be lol. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'd love to see more of your work.

Christine

scotchpie
10-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi again

WOW thanks for all the positive response, I really must get my own account.

I have approached galleries and sold but as I am new and the paintings are small they fetch very low prices (about 90). Hopefully this price will increase as they take between 3-5 days to paint because of the detail and thats working fulltime.

Just got to keep at it:)

Thanks again
Yumiko

Bioartist
10-16-2004, 10:46 AM
for only painting for a year, this is simply stunning. I am gelous of you and congratulate you on your beautiful work.
I think you should get you own account!
Stacey

Faded
10-16-2004, 12:55 PM
This is fantastic! The cars in the foreground look like a photograph. Great work Yumiko :clap:
-Faded

Charlie's Mum
10-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Yumiko, you really must register in your own name - it's far too pretty a name to hide under your husband's!!!!!!

Keep painting and keep posting here please! :)