10-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Wow, 11:30 pm here and no new wash ?? Guess I'll start it... :D

Roun2it
10-15-2004, 03:07 AM
Morning each,

I start the morning with an unreserved apology to Lyn. For this:

Posted by Lyn in yesterdays wash
Quote:
by Kev: I just felt I had to say something because Lyn made me feel sorry for Egon at first.

Okay, now it is my fault you felt sorry for Egon???? Please tell me what, in my post, made you feel sorry for him? I, in no way, was showing sympathy (or asking for it) for Egon. I was simply doing what a fellow human being asked me to do, post a goodbye. Go ahead, color me with Egon's brush, and stone me if you want to. I'm obviously only an "American redneck" and don't deserve to live--if I can sway people to sympathy so easily.

My feelings are deeply hurt.

May I explain, what we type and what we mean to say don't always get through in cyber space and when someone then reads it, it means something completly different. My clumsy use of words offended you, my intention never had that in mind.

What I should have said was something like, " Having read what Lyn said about the fact that Egon was banished, I first of all felt sorry for him ..............." The meaning to be infered would be I felt sorry for him being banished. Not for what Lyn said about him.

In fact Lyn you say it yourself, what did you say about him to make me feel sorry about. I did go on to say what I felt about the situation.

I feel that you are suffering from a case of "Don't shoot the messenger" in no way do I feel anything about you as you go on to say in your post, why would I? You have done nothing to offend me, or anyone else I know about. I have considered you a 'cyber friend' and will continue to do so. I will not send a PM if I cannot say in public what I would say in private, then I do not desere to be in this forum.

The above is my explanation. This takes nothing away from my unreseved apology, Lyn, I am sorry.

madmum
10-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Good morning all! :wave:

I'm only going to say one thing on the Egon issue, because I think he has caused enough upset already! Please can we move on, and not let him influence the strong friendships we have? :angel:

((((((((Lyn))))))))

Kev I'm sure you meant no offence, I think you're like me and suffer from footinmouthitis occasionally ;)

I can't think what else I was going to say, I need another cuppa to wake my brain up! Back later...

Hugs

Ruth

Kate Mc
10-15-2004, 04:00 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/21440-20514-22284-good_morning.gif (Can you tell that my thyroid medicine is working???)

Ruth, LOL at your idea of asking my student if he could bear to do something....hmmmmm....might be an idea......a new way to teach??? :evil:

Well, stand must rank up there with get for the most definitions. I counted around 15 (depending on how you count some of them). That's 3 definitions per letter!! Wow. English is nothing if not efficient! Thanks to Sylvia, Char, Henry, Billythekid, JudyL and MaryRS. Wow, we're good!

I had another word for today, but instead, I have decided offer my personal favorite among this years nominees for the Darwin awards (if you dont' know about these, they're given every year for the person who has contributed most to the human gene pool by removing himself from it) :

Nominee No. 5: [Bloomberg News Service]: A terrible diet and a room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas emissions. There was no mark on his body, and an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). It was just the right combination of foods. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal. But the man was shut up in his nearly airtight bedroom. According to the article, "He was a big man with a huge capacity for creating "this deadly gas." Three of the rescuers got sick, and one was hospitalized.

So now that I've elevated the level of discussion, I'm off to the gallery. :p

:wave:

Kate

Faafil
10-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Gheesh, I just spent over an hour 'editing' my post - operative word "hour", and since you can only edit within an hour... it's gone !! :eek: Dang Dang Dang !!

Had fun Googling old concert posts tho - brought back some memories of some really great concerts I've attended.... my first was the BeeGees (before they were *really* famous - at the Ohio State Fair - got to meet them, spend time in their trailer, got autographed photos... :) saw David Bowie (awesome) Pink Floyd (awesome!), Moody Blues , J. Geils Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Foghat, Frampton's Camel, Deep Purple, Styx, Edgar & Johnny Winter, Bob Seeger, Bruce Springsteen, Jethro Tull, geez, I could go on and on... I thought I'd really lost some of those brain cells :evil: come to think of it, every concert I've been to was awesome ! :D

and now, it's past 1am and I have to get up at 5:30 :eek:

So I'll send 11 hugs to all and check back later...

ML

Yorky
10-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Morning all :wave:

A very still, autumn moring here - still very green though.

I'm late I know, Kate, but did someone mention "one night stand"? :evil:

LOL re gasman ;) BTW I sent off the DVD's yesterday.

Nothing on my list for today - I suppose Ruth will think of something :rolleyes:

Autumn UK meet is up to 23 - not much room left unless we split the accommodation.

Well, must get motivated - BBL

Doug

Kate Mc
10-15-2004, 04:56 AM
I’m back!

Doug, I think I like your definition of stand best! :evil: I also thought of deerstand, which is a sort of platform attached to trees to fool deer.

I totally forgot to say that I would love to have you for a challenge buddy, Pat. Let’s pm the details. Do we need seconds???

Also, re: Wigan. I love it when people get all arrogant about their particular city/state/county/country. In the US there are certain states that seem to come in for more than their share of contempt. I have found most of them to be charming, and the people far easier to deal with than those who think that they live in “the only place that counts.” I once had the great pleasure to live in one of the …..shall we say…”less well known” states, and I thoroughly loved it. On a business trip I met a man who lived in ….shall we say….”a big city sometimes known for the arrogance of its inhabitants”. He said something to the effect of, “how can you stand to live there?” So I told him that I was going to tell him a secret. I said, “you know, when you move to XX, you have to sign an agreement that you will never tell how it really is.” His eyes got really big and he wanted to know more. So then I said, “Yes. It’s unimaginable”. He begged for details. I refused to give them till he was almost drooling, then I told him “Well, first of all you have to agree to go once a year and put straw in your hair and black out your teeth and have your picture taken next to the tractor and the shack and send that picture to all the papers so that people like YOU will stay in (insert name of his city)”. LOL. I think Wigan must be like that.

I'm off to look for reference pics for the Pat and Kate challenge!

Kate

stephie20
10-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Morning all.........
Nover day off today.......going to have holiday vaccinations later this afternoon.........off to Thailand in November :clap: ......always been one of my dream holidays........the joys of not having yuor own business , I get to have holidays now :) .............not looking forward to the jabs though........

Doug...pop down here, I'm sure I could find you a thing or 2 to do :D

The drain company are coming this morning to go through the report with me, then pass it too the insurance people.......sheds got to come down, fence out and both gardens dug up in mine and my neighbours :( ...all coz of laziness and stupidity, and if I want to claim for inconvenience and loss of earnings for my partner to be here, I have to take them to the small claims court, it's not fair :mad:

Kev .........I've heard a lot of things about you :D , but i'm not telling from who :) , and being offencive sure wasn't one of them........(It's cyber talk), Ruth's right Lets not let him influence the strong friendships we have.......

Kate.......phheeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...........

Hi to all else.........chores to do.....bbl

Europa
10-15-2004, 06:20 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well ignore Doug and what he says about nothing planned today as I can confirm that he is actually off to check out one of the possible locations for the meet next year - how do I know? - COS HE RANG ME AND WOKE ME UP TO TELL ME!! :mad: :p

Waving quietly to Mary Lou cos she will be in bed now methinks.

Stephie - glad to hear your drains are finally being sorted out - phew!!!

Sending Kev a hair shirt and whip for penance for upsetting my Bud! :evil: :p

Ruth - two sugars for me please if your making a cuppa - thanks!!! :D

Kate - wooohoooooo me got a paint buddy :clap: .....lol

I love those Darwin awards - arent some people soooooo stupid....lol.

As for Wigan - well you should come up sometime and I will happily show you around the wonderful town of mine - actually you can read a lot about it here

http://www.wiganmbc.gov.uk/

Do you know we have our own International Jazz Festival - and International Film Festival and Beer Festival......but I shall have to remember that statement you made to that guy next time someone says something about Wigan......lol.

K am off for brekky.

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

painterbear
10-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Good Morning all,

A little past 7:00 a.m. here in rainy, cold Ohio! Perfect day for a trip to the dentist this morning to have my new crown put on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VASIL (Vasilkadifeli)!
Hope you have a wonderful day for your celebration and a terrific year ahead in which you paint as often as you like and create the masterpiece you've been dreaming about!

Kate, Your Darwin Award is too funny, you are wicked lady!

Stephie, What a mess a "shortcut" and laziness (on the part of the fence builders) has created. Ties in a little with Kate's Darwin Award winner, doesn't it. :evil:

BIG day ahead—proofing fifth grade Math books (where is the yawn icon when you need one?); dentist for replacement of the temporary crown with a permanent one; filling in all the places that remain white on the pouring painting I started in class yesterday with masking fluid (very tedious work because it is the whole sky and pond area + highlights—wonder if Royland Roycroft has stock in the company that makes masking fluid????)

Hope all contretemps between cyber-friends are settled amicably and we can get back on an even keel once more. {{{{Kev and Lyn}}}}

Weaving to all who were here before me and to those yet to arrive.

SYL,

Sylvia

vasilkadifeli
10-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Hi Sylvia, you are so kind and sweet... thank you very much for your wishes... actually I celebrated it on wednesday evening with some of my university friends two of which have their birthdays in October also... as for the masterpieces you mention... I am not so sure :rolleyes:...

:wave: ing to everybody...

here are a few photos, a group photo:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/32140-100_1477.jpg

a friend and me (with the extra weight I gained recently :():
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/32140-100_1483.jpg

another birthday boy, and my girlfriend :
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/32140-100_1482.jpg

stephie20
10-15-2004, 07:54 AM
i don't know how to do all those fancy pics, so i'll just wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY VASIL

Little Old Lady
10-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Greetings :wave:
Nice pictures and a Happy Birthday!
Gloomy morning here.
Local Fall Festival here this weekend. There are arts and crafts, food booths, and parade. But way too crowded for me. Will stay at home.
Hope all controversies are solved.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

vasilkadifeli
10-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Stephie and JoAnn :wave:, thanks for your wishes...

Uschi
10-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Dull, dull but still NO rain.

Happy Birthday Vasil!!!!!! Thank you for showing us the photos of your celebration - you're looking good!!!!!!

(((Lyn))) - I honestly and truthfully think that noone here on the wash would purposely want to hurt anyone. There are many times when I think "Oh, I must add a smiley or roll eyes etc. for them (the washers) to realize that I am playful and not serious"

Kate and Pat - congratulations on the newly formed painting partnership!!!

Stephie - I feel for you, how very annoying :mad:

Sylvia - lucky you to actually have a teacher who shows you how to do the pours!! From the first moment I saw Roycroft's book I was totally in love with his paintings, but NOT with all the masking and remasking :eek: . I think what is holding me back is stingyness with my paints. It must take quite a bit to make a creamy amount large enough to pour and run off

Waving to Mary Lou, Doug, Ruth, Kev, JoAnnn and all yet to come!!!!

Nothing new here except that I am really looking forward to seeing some of our friends tomorrow and cleaning bathrooms for the occasion :wink2: :D

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

billythekid
10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Happy Birthday Vasil

and a nice week end to all of you.

CharM
10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Good morning Washonians... dark, cold and rainy in SW Ontario this morning... the boys are off to school and DH is still sleeping... I, of course, have been at work since 6:30...

I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee and a toasted bagel...

Ah... toast... last week, my DH came home with a new toaster he purchased on sale at Canadian Tire... we've used a toaster oven for so many years, but he never liked its toast... Anyway... the new toaster just didn't toast... so he packed it up and returned it to CT... He came home with a replacement... It didn't toast... back it went... He then went to Walmart and brought home another brand name toaster... it didn't toast... back it went... yesterday, he brought home a toaster from Sears... it toasts...

Ah... toast... :D

I finally wet my brushes on my newest painting last night... I'm already loving it and I'm excited to work on it... Of course, the darn job gets in the way, but what a wonderful feeling this is!!! AND, I get to use my new manganese in this composition... I'm loving it, too!!! May even add some touches of quin gold in there... :D

(((Lyn and Kev)))

Happy Birthday Vasil!!! I knew you instantly in your pics! What a grand way to celebrate your birthday!

Hi ML!!! 11 hugs back at ya!

Hi Doug! Pretty hard to imagine you without anything *planned*... And if you really don't, I'm sure that Ruth can find something for you... :evil:

So glad that your thyroid is finally *settling in* with your new meds, Kate... How are those ankles (heels???)??? You and Pat in a challenge??? What a year this is going to be... Kristen and Lauren really started something! :D Loved your Big City/little city story!!!

Ruth... *footinmouthitis* yup... me too... I know that I tend to say what I think before I think what to say!!! :D :D

Oh Stephie... what a time you've had of it... ((()))

Pat... you're doomed... that telephone gets you out of bed early as often as not... perhaps you should turn the ringer off??? I don't suppose you've thought of going to bed earlier at night? :evil: :D You and Kate??? Oh what fun will be had... :D

Sylvia... you are so lucky... two different teachers... both phenomenal... I loved that pic you posted in yesterday's wash... :envy: I'M SO JEALOUS... :envy: these classes have really made a difference in your painting, too... it's more confident... and you're having so much fun!

I tend to avoid craft fairs, too, JoAnn... I never used to mind all the people milling about, but lately it feels stifling and suffocating and claustrophic... Besides, it usally the same old, same old...

Hey Uschi... don't worry about the bathrooms on my account... I live in a house full of men! :eek: Hope the rain holds off for just one more day... we'll want to sit under the arbour, you and I... :evil: Then, your beautiful garden can drink as much as it wants/needs... :D

So... I have a meeting in a few minutes... need to prepare... will bbl... haven't been to the Gallery for a day or so... it moves soooooo fast!!!

Good thoughts wending their way to you... Have a happy and creative day everyone...

Europa
10-15-2004, 09:03 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VASIL!!!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/29499-bdaybomb.gif

Char - unfortunately I have the only phone upstairs and it is right next to my bed though even though there may be people downstairs = no one answers the phone and SWMBO says she cant hear it - even though it is right next to her - she wont be told that its cos her television is BLASTING out.

A friend knocked on the front door one day - I was upstairs in my room having just got out of the shower with the door shut and heard it - Mum was in the room NEXT to the front door - didnt hear it - I shouted down ' MUM - DOORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!' - NOTHING - I shouted again - Mum appeared at the bottom of the stairs saying rather indignantly - 'There's no one on the phone!!' :confused: :confused:

See what I have to put up with......ROTFL.

Am seriously considering not bringing her with me next year - I have visions of her shouting me to get out of bed - ooooooooh how embarrassing. :o :(

Well shopping calls - later gang!

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Pat xxx

Starsprite
10-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Washers!

I have the day off today, so decided to swing by Starbuck's on my way home from taking daughter to school. This is not something I do very often.. was not sure what to order. Decided on the Vanilla Latte.... boy is it tastey! Almost went with the new pumpkin spice latte but wasn't sure I would like drinking pumkin. ;)
Anyway, might just get some painting in today. At any rate, taking it easy and enjoying the day.....no kids, no hubby...... ahhhh life is grand!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VASIL!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow I'm impressed!!! There you are sharing your birthday with BRUCE WILLIS!!! I swear he looks just like him!! :D Looks like you are having a grand time!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/6385-VasilBruce.jpg

vasilkadifeli
10-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Burce Willis ! lol...

Uschi, Dieter, Char, Pat, Patty... thank you very much indeed... I have been 45 :rolleyes:

have a nice weekend... weekends seem to come earlier here :D

Starsprite
10-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Burce Willis ! lol...

Uschi, Dieter, Char, Pat, Patty... thank you very much indeed... I have been 45 :rolleyes:

have a nice weekend... weekends seem to come earlier here :D

You "have been 45" for how many years now Vasil? hmmmmm??? LOL ;) Seriously you don't look a day over 39! You do know who Bruce Willis is don't you?

vasilkadifeli
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Patty I actually show older than I am... but thanks for the compliment... Bruce Willis ? sure I know him... I like his moovies... I think I first met him at a TV serial while we still had a black and white broadcast... was it "blue moon" ?... you see I am old enough...

Starsprite
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Ohhhhh...so how young are you??? Did I have footinmouthitis again??? :eek:

So you have really met Bruce Willis??? I am beginning to wonder if this is really him and you guys have been friends for years. LOL :D

vasilkadifeli
10-15-2004, 10:16 AM
No, not at all... I am 45 right now... not a day less, not a day more...
I tried to say "I saw him first..."...

Starsprite
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
No, not at all... I am 45 right now... not a day less, not a day more...
I tried to say "I saw him first..."...

LOL... you did say you have been 45. I took that to mean you were skimping on your age....but you were telling the honest truth!!! LOL. Women usually say they are younger than they are.

I probably saw him first cuz I am older than you... :wink2:

Flattwo
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Hi

Birthday Greetings Vasil!

Looks like a nice restaurant you were dining in, what did you have to eat :)

Henry

pampe
10-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Good Friday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Vasil!!!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/4054-birthday-balloons.gif

The photos are great...so nice to see men dressed in suits and ties....life muct be more formal there!

Quiet day......picking Hap up at the airport and then last golf and dinner with friends who "winter" in Florida.....

Pam

Johnnie
10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi Vasil

Happy 45th there Pal.. May you have many more..

I remember when I was 45 seems like a long time ago.. That was the year I had my wreck.. lol.. Very memorable it was.. So long ago tho tis fading away in the distance which is ok with me.

Have a great day.. Its all yours Vasil

Johnnie

Johnnie
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Nothing new here except that I am really looking forward to seeing some of our friends tomorrow and cleaning bathrooms for the occasion :wink2: :D

Uschi

Hi Uschi

Nothing wrong with your bathrooms.. Everytime I been there they are spotless.. :wink2:

:wink2: :wink2: Are you all going to take a bath together.. lol :evil: :evil:

I will not be able to make it there tomorrow.. My son's future wife is having a 25th wedding anniversary party for his future In Laws in early afternoon. ..My leg is still not healing either so that is in the way also.. I probably will just go and make an appearance then leave and Mama can come home with my Jim/Son.

So you and everyone have a great time with your get to gether and hope it all turns out great for you all.

Johnnie

artmom
10-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Kev, I accept your very gracious apology, and will you please accept mine for misunderstanding???

Thanks to everyone for the hugs. This is why I keep visiting the WASH! I need it and need my cyber friends (some of whom I have actually turned into real live friends LOL) to keep me wanting to get up in the morning!

Best wishes to everyone in the virtual Medical Rooms!

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL

Lyn

Roun2it
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Done! :wave:

amaze_1101
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I have little to say in the wash
As my life is too mundane
But reading through each day
Helps to keep me sane

Happy Birthday to Vas
I know it's almost done
I hope it was well blessed
And an extra special one

Kev and Lyn here's peace
Wished upon your hearts
You both are lovely folk
And very dear to us

That's me I'm done
I'm now all washed out
I'll go pick up some brushes
And throw some paint about

:wave: :wave: :wave:

hopefulbucky
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi all our new friends (from our Kington get together) and all of those whom I have met in cyber space.

We have returned from our wonderful one month vacation in England, France and Italy. We had a wonderful time, sometimes harried, sometimes downright frustrating or scary BUT we enjoyed each and every day, each and every person we met along the way, had a wonderful time with 2 of our 6 children who joined us in Italy (our daughter in Milan and Rome) and our eldest son in Rome.

We had so much fun and experienced so much and took so many photos it will take much time to go through them all.

Just wanted all to know I'm BAAAACK. Don't have to go to work until Mon. so just returned from grocery shopping and doing 2 loads of laundry so now I plan to start catching up on all the news from my cyber friends.

Special "hi's" to all we met in Kington , Folks if you every have any chance to meet these folks grab it with both hands. It was so wonderful, we felt like good old friends, from the minute JT opened her front door (we were the first there on Friday) until we drove away early Monday morning we chatted like good ole friends.

Had special times with almost each person there in one way or the other, from JT saving dishes for me to wash to I would feel useful, to Pat's beautiful poems, rowdy songs and great great good humor, to Chris's lovely way about her, JJ (well what can one say, kept us entertained) and her Alan, lovely man, Roger, English gentleman with a camera, Doug and his lovely Ruth and son David, so helpful and charming people; Ruth (MM) such a fun lady and Sharon (both do love a pub don't let them kid you); special hi to Andy who with his lovely wife Wendy went out of his way to make Robert and I feel welcome by coming to our hotel our first night and giving us a whirlwind tour of Somerset (in the dark LOL) but his stories and the way he drove were something I will never forget, and we must not forget Andy's pub where his paintings are hanging in their glory (and the drinks aren't bad either); Joe, who drove all that way just to be put to work in the kitchen with his tons of taters and making a lovely stew and then moving on to the encaustic demo, lovely man; Kate and Dan, what fun folks, Robert says "hi" Dan and it was such a pleasure for him to meet and talk with you, and Kate, you go girl you rock, have a fun life; Gilly our fun golfer (did you ever?) and pastel artist turned WC artist, Alan our Scottish lad, hysterical; Pam and Hap, talk about easy, you should see how easily Pam throws on that paint, oh just do a bit of this and that and if you don't like it wipe it off and do again, lovely elegant lady with her shining knight by her side, fun to meet; oh I am taking up so much space but just wanted to share a little of the joy we had in Kington. Please if I omitted anyone I certainly didn't mean to these were just off the top of my head and that is a bit muzzy from jet lag.

BBL

Christie
10-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Help! My mother is here again and she won't stop tidying and fussing about.... I want to paint so badly. Someone please send her a note about a messy house somewhere else. :rolleyes: :evil: :p

Seriously, I need to herd the woman out the door soon. Right now, she is working in the children's rooms, so everything else is safe.:D

Happy Birthday Vasil! Great pictures. We're almost the same age... well you are a little bit older, but not by much.:)

Starsprite
10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Help! My mother is here again and she won't stop tidying and fussing about.... I want to paint so badly. Someone please send her a note about a messy house somewhere else. :rolleyes: :evil: :p

You can send her over here Christie!!!! I have a messy one that would keep her busy for weeks!!! :)

Europa
10-15-2004, 03:52 PM

ROTFL - ooooooh am sure your Mum and mine were seperated at birth..... :evil:

Judy - soooooo glad your back - was a great pleasure to meet both you and Robert - as for rowdy songs - hmmmmmm I dont remember that - CRS has set in :evil:

Pat

JudyL
10-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Christie, maybe you could get her a job as a cleaning lady? If I tried to clean at my mom's she got insulted, called it an "implied criticism" so I didn't, still don't at my house.
Trees are down to the stumps! It was really cool. The trees were stripped of branches, and Gary (tree guy) climbed up, and attached a rope to the top. Then he chopped a chunk out of the bottom, then...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/13051-Pulling_Trees.JPG
The one on the end is our neighbor lending a hand. This didn't work by the way, the tree was resisiting, they had to pull it down with a truck. But now we have a VIEW! and Jack is happy.
The new floor is now installed in the bathroom, and it looks georgeous! But now DH is fooling around with the wainscotting, making me nervous, cause I KNOW he has never done this before, and he said he was going to get a friend of ours do this (Steve the builder / joiner? won't too fiddley) who knows how and needs the money. I am going to bribe him by saying we can go buy him a power saw tomorrow. OH I found out that they use 110 power in construction over here not 240, they carry big transformers, safer. That must be why we cannot have power outlets in bathrooms or light switches in bathrooms over here.
Here is a picture of the new floor...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/13051-New_Floor.JPG
That's where I like to see a man, on his knees :D
Hope everyone is feeling good, will check in tomorrow.
JudyL

mr sandbanx
10-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Happy Birthday Vasil. Seems you share a birthday with Friedrich Nietzsche, and P.G. Wodehouse. (Both of whom had little use for poetry either I expect!) It looks as if you had a great time with your friends.

Hi to everyone else, I am late today having been at Curry's for a JUMBO tube of Gray paint!!!

Lyn: wait till he asks you to paint an elephant, you will not be so forgiving methinks.

Seeya

Chris

maltman
10-15-2004, 06:35 PM

Seriously, I need to herd the woman out the door soon. Right now, she is working in the children's rooms, so everything else is safe.:D

Send her over to my house...It'll keep her busy for months...if not years......Single man....tidying not a priority.....need I say more!

amaze_1101
10-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Malty BEHAVE MAN! lol

Christie
10-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Phew! She is gone. I kind of suggested that there were several other friends I knew who could use her services. She merely snorted and continued to putter about.

I am working on my pre-drawing 101 drawing.:) I had forgotten how much I enjoyed drawing... In any case, having had my art fix, I need to get dinner for the rest of the family.

Pat, I do think that our mother's are related. My family does have British roots...:D Let's get them together and see what happens! I suspect that they would complain to each other about their daughters...D: :evil:

Judy, get that man away from the home projects! Nothing good ever comes from a husband starting something in his own home.:D

Okay, on to dinner.

Take care.

amaze_1101
10-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Can you imagin, there are four children, all mine, on their knees weeding the garden. Miracles DOOOOOOO happen!

I'm off to get them a nice lunch! :wave:

Europa
10-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Well have been working on my two portraits (well three really) I have going at the moment - am all painted out - my broken coccyx is giving me gyp and my darling son (who is still up for adoption btw) has buzzed off to Bolton to some Beer Festival with the parting words.......

'Mum can you take my car in to the garage tomorrow to get the exhaust fix then come pick me up in Bolton?'

'You mean ATS - what time?'

'9 am!! - cya later - love you!!'

At this the front door shut - by the time I got to it he was off down the road in a cab and NOT answering his phone. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :mad: :mad:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/29499-dontdomorn3.gif

Off to bed - nighty night!!

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

artmom
10-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Happy Birthday, Vasil!

Thanks, Sylvia, for keeping us up-to-date on birthdays!

Christie, mom's are apparently the same all over! LOL My mother was the same--idiot that I was, I didn't let her do the cleaning!

Chris, I've painted an elephant--once--and I don't plan to do another!! I hate to paint the same thing more than once!!! :rolleyes:

:wave: to everyone else who posted after I did!

Lyn

CharM
10-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone!!! I hope you're having a great ....

What????

Can you repeat that???

Oh... why am I shouting???? It's band practice at our house tonight... :(

...more like *Noise Night*... 2 electric guitars, 1 electric base and a set of drums... oh... my... land... :music: :music: :music:

Glad that things have returned to *normal* here...

Judy... just keeping imagining how wonderful everything will be when it's all done...

Christie... maybe... just maybe... just this once... your Mother is worried about you and that darn pneumonia... maybe... it could happen... :cat:

Welcome back JudyL!!! Looking forward to seeing some of your pics...

Sorry to read that your leg is giving you heaps of trouble, Johnnie... you'll be missed...

Pat... you could *forget* to pick him up... :cat:

:wave: :wave: to everyone else I've missed... I have to try to find a quiet corner of this house... it may not be possible, but I have to try...

Sending good thoughts your way... Gnite and don't let the bed bugs bite...

Tomorrow's the day!!!!

Christie
10-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Char(shouting over the music), maybe, just maybe.... nah! She wasn't worried about me, she kept trying to push me to do more.:D She does the same to herself....:( Anyhow, I told her what I was going to do and stuck to my guns this time.:) Hope that band practice is ove now and you can get back to hearing yourself think.:D

My in-laws are back from China! I just drove them home. They were telling me stories all the way home. Sounds like it was quite a trip.:)

I am off to bed now.

Take care.

Faafil
10-15-2004, 10:04 PM
:wave: Hi all !

breezin' thru again - DH's cousin from San Diego and a couple of buddies are coming over - they're going to play cards, chew the fat, have a few drinks, etc. I'm designated driver :) in case they want to go anywhere, and also to drop the guys off at their hotel later. So me - I'm hiding in the office/studio, and going to pack and get ready for tomorrow morning's drive to AZ. Methinks I might be doing the first leg of this trip :D

Hope it's not too late to wish Vasil a Happy Birthday !!!

Oops, the guys are here ! gotta run !

11 hugs !!

ML

laudesan
10-16-2004, 12:39 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VASIL

It is after midnite here.. We have just got back from Gails sisters place. We had dinner there and a dip in the hot-tub..

Got to get some sleep.. **groan** Got to be up early in the morning for the next leg of our trip.

WE ARE MEETING USCHI IN THE MORNING !!!!!!!!!!!! and Char, and and and and............................ :D

Strawberry Wine
10-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi Uschi

Nothing wrong with your bathrooms.. Everytime I been there they are spotless.. :wink2:

:wink2: :wink2: Are you all going to take a bath together.. lol :evil: :evil:

I will not be able to make it there tomorrow.. My son's future wife is having a 25th wedding anniversary party for his future In Laws in early afternoon. ..My leg is still not healing either so that is in the way also.. I probably will just go and make an appearance then leave and Mama can come home with my Jim/Son.

So you and everyone have a great time with your get to gether and hope it all turns out great for you all.

Johnnie

(((Johnnie))) JJ here...............Sorry to read your leg is still not right..:( I am even more sorry I will miss getting to see you..

Next time.. :)

vasilkadifeli
10-18-2004, 12:20 AM
I haven't been connected to the internet on weekend... so I want to thank you all for your kind wishes...

Henry, that was a fish restaurant, actually a tavern in a restored old house... the food was traditional Cretan food... it is the kind of food brought by Turkish immigrants from Crete island after WW II...

Pam, I work for a bank so I have to wear ties and at least a jacket if not a suit :(...

Johnnie, sorry to make you remember those old bad things...

Elaine, what a great honour for my birthday to be part of your poem ;)...

Christie, after the age of 35 someone cannot figure out how the years are passing... it is probably the peak age after when we start rolling down :D...

Chris, it was a nice get together, I hadn't seen most of them since April...

Lyn, Mary Lou, JJ, thank you all very much...