PDA

View Full Version : Friday! Show and Tell

bolimasa
10-15-2004, 12:11 AM
It isn't really Friday here, but it is back east, and since it's been nearly forever since I posted a show and tell (my last was the beginning of August- yikes!) here goes....

I finally got some Lausha clear... it really is so much nicer than the other clears. The last bead is my best encasing job ever, and it'a a big (for me ) bead - about 28mm high. I played with silver on all these beads.... I think I'm addicted to foil!

Amozoo
10-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Linda, those beads are so cool. They look like borosilicate glass. I love them. My kiln is still too hot to open, I bet once I go to sleep, and wake up this thread will be nice and long.

Toni Lutman
10-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Linda, those are great! I just got some foil from Val. Haven't had much chance to try it yet, but maybe tomorrow. For now, here are some Gaffer and Uroboros with Val's frits.

Toni

Lori Peterson
10-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Linda - incredible! All three beads are very wonderful. Love the shape, too!

Toni - that pink and purple number makes my toes curl.

Here's mine for today -

kittycakes - opal yellow base with rubino roses and leaf cane.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/12192-kittycakes1.jpg

Sassyglassgal
10-15-2004, 01:07 AM
wow, the show n tell so far is awesome. Lori love the kitty cakes, and toni I like the long pink one, thats so pretty, and bolisima those are sweet beads I like the 3rd one the best, no maybe the 1st, darn I like em all. Here is a set of flower tiles, they took me close to 30 minutes a piece to sculpt, base is light cream, and used raku frit, the pic doesn't show all the turquoise and blues, some amber and outlines in brown. They are so pretty and rich looking, hmm might have to make some for myself, but you know the raku they probably won't even look the same. I put em up on just beads.

Briatha
10-15-2004, 02:09 AM
Linda awesome focals!

Toni luscious focals...the pink one made me drool!

Lori kittycakes is very lickable...now I need a snack :D

Debbie stunning flower tiles!

Look something other than a lentil set! Amber Rose Raku Cascade is squeezed :angel:
You didn't think I could go without making lentils did you? Sapphire Elf Rocks are lentils:evil:

kybeadmaker
10-15-2004, 02:11 AM
I had SIX dental implants on Thursday mornign and I can't sleep...even with the help of pharmacology. Here are two of my latest..that I made before the mouth invasion...did I mention that I woke up 3 times while he was pounding an implant into my jaw?? OOOWWWWWW

CharleneN
10-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Linda your beads are beautiful. I love the shape!
Toni yours are gorgeous too!
Lori that kitty has a real sweet face.
Debbie those are really cool.
Faith I always enjoy seeing your beads esp those rocks. They really rock!
Harriet Holy Moly 6 implants!! Well it hasn't hurt your creativity any. I esp like that first set.

These are some simple Opal Yellow and Raku tabs.

margaretz
10-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Great beads today already! I'm ducking in before heading to bed (sleep! yes!). It's been a long week. Here's two recent pieces. Enjoy! Have a great day!

JCA
10-15-2004, 05:10 AM
Great way to start the day :D
As always lots of awesome work.

Night Fire. Black bi-cone I started my fire cane with yellow on this one. It makes the flames pop.
Have A Great Day All!

gwacie
10-15-2004, 06:39 AM
JIM - that is the most kickin' flame I've seen you do in a while (not that the others are anything but H-O-T). I like the new cane for sure!

Lovely beads all - Kitty cakes was the sweetest Lori :).

Someday soon I may actually get photos taken of my stuff on a semi regular basis....(but I'm not holding my breath!!)

nursekatie
10-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Oh WOW....what an incredible show and Tell!!!! You guys ROCK!!!

(Harriet...I hope your jaw feels better soon!!)

I am running late...please forgive me for not mentioning everyone individually......Something that I love to do because you all put so much of yourselves into your work!!!

I love this pink bead....it really seems to sing......Lauscha pink with copper green swirls, more organics of course and.........As Jill Symons suggested.................a Raku Tulip :evil: Turned out pretty cool actually!!

jeffwelsh23462
10-15-2004, 07:18 AM
good FRIDAY morning!!!!! :) everyone's beads look fabulous. here are my show n tell's for the day.. a boro spotted frit sea dragon in a sea shell figurine, a blue sparkle sea dragon, a spotted colored funky frog, and 2 dichroic marbles one the dichroic om marble and the other a alien dichroic marble. :wave: :wave:

Mr.Smiley
10-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Gorgeous way to start a Friday. Thanks all for sharing. :clap:

Here's a few boro pieces I've been foolin around with... don't tell my wife ;)

If I can get over the crud, I'd love to mess with it some more.
:)

:wave:

JoyceMI
10-15-2004, 08:10 AM
WOW! Awesome stuff so far. Lots of colorful beads!

Here are a couple from me: Raku of course, and then a bit of dichro in the floral. My first attempt at it. The dichro doesn't seem to pop too much in this. Maybe I need a darker base.

dawnann
10-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Here are a few of mine....some raku, fusiha pink, End of the day bead. Enjoy the Day! Dawn

dogmaw
10-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Everyone's beads are super! But Jeff, I want that frog!

Jo

Bazile
10-15-2004, 09:12 AM
ok, I wanted to say that I drool over the show and tell daily, but Mr. Smiley I especially like your pendants today, please feel better soon. And Jeff, I will have one of your sea dragons some time...
Everyone that posts here, I am not going to try and name you all, but everyone is so talented. It blows me away.

So I am going to share my effort from this week :eek: (glad moth hasn't posted yet.... :D ) although following any one of you is a chore. :D

These are yellow on vetrofond black, with mosaic green vines..Vetrofond casing. (I started this hobby in August)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/33717-DSC01032.JPG

stxbeads
10-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone's beads are awesome!!!!!! I'm so inspired after looking this morning! I may drag out my silver foil today....and I can see some other shapes besides round coming out of the flame today!! Thanks so much for sharing everyone!

I opened the kiln this morning and was so happy that my hearts survived! They're made of bits and pieces of broken/leftover glass encased in clear. Sorry, they aren't cleaned yet, I couldn't wait!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!!! Happy torching!!!!!!!!!!!

Moth
10-15-2004, 09:18 AM
The dichro doesn't seem to pop too much in this. Maybe I need a darker base.

Yep, darker base would do it. Gorgeous bead! Sometimes I like the subtle effect of dichro on a pale base and it works in that bead! But dichro really does POP more on dark colors.

Great work everybody!

~~Mary
back later

Cool...I am still in time to edit this post instead of making another one.

Been trying to teach myself how to make cats. These are my first three.
I like Drooly's ears and eyes, but not the rest of him. I don't like anything much about Dazy, but I like Dimple's face best (the nose and mouth area). Wish I could merge the best parts of them together into one good cat. :D Will have to keep trying.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/24464-3stoogeso.jpg

glasstar8-Janet
10-15-2004, 09:30 AM
WOW! This friday has a great start, everyone's beads looks Great!

glasstar8-Janet

Tomsanctuary426
10-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Good Friday morning ~
I love checking out all the beautiful creations you all have done. Lori, I love you Kittycakes...if nothing puts a smile on your face in the morning, your beads will. I have just a few to show off today...haven't been feeling well. OK, here there are. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Catch you all tomorrow. :wave:

Tomsanctuary426
10-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Good Friday morning ~
I love checking out all the beautiful creations you all have done. Lori, I love you Kittycakes...if nothing puts a smile on your face in the morning, your beads will. I have just a few to show off today...haven't been feeling well. OK, here there are. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Catch you all tomorrow. :wave:

Beth Myers
10-15-2004, 10:06 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
To you ALL!
Beth

Foofaraw
10-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Wow, everything is spectacular today! Great Job! I wanted a feminine fall set the other day, and this is what occurred, lol!

This set was made on a base of chardonnay with opal yellow and rubino oro petals and raku for the vines.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/19877-Harvest-Blossom.jpg

Amozoo
10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Here is my first ornament of the season. and a blown bead and fish ornament

Moth
10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, everything is spectacular today! Great Job! I wanted a feminine fall set the other day, and this is what occurred, lol!

This set was made on a base of chardonnay with opal yellow and rubino oro petals and raku for the vines.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/19877-Harvest-Blossom.jpg

Prettiest set I have seen in a long time.

:clap:

~~Mary

KristiB
10-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Okay.. I hardly ever post in the Show and tell, but here goes.. I'm running really late for work today..Parent-teacher conferences..

Thanks to all who post daily, it makes my day looking at all your beautiful work! :clap: :clap:

Here's a couple of mine.

lepoppet
10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Fresh out of the kiln this morning! From Me!

Maria

lepoppet
10-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Fresh out of the kiln this morning! From Me!

Maria

GardenGirl1002
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow - I just love the beautiful beadies that I see here every day on the S&T. There's so many I love, but foofaraw - that set is just amazingly beautiful!! I'm just drooling over here.
Here's a terrible picture of a set I made yesterday. My MIL has been fighting her second bout with ovarian cancer. She received her results from her PET scan after her round of radiation - and the doctor says there's no trace of it left. We're all so thrilled for her. I made this set for her to make into a bracelet. The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition told me that the color used to represent the disease is teal - so I ran with that. They are just ice tong squeezed beads with spacers (the stringer control could use some practice, but whatever), and the floral is going to be made into a pendant. The base of that is teal as well to match the bracelet.
Have a great day everyone!

travelin'gal
10-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi all! Beautiful as usual! Jenn, Love those girly fall lentils. Katie your raku tulip is cooooollll.

Here is a set from me and a santa from Greg. Have a great day!
Deanna

JoyceMI
10-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Yep, darker base would do it. Gorgeous bead! Sometimes I like the subtle effect of dichro on a pale base and it works in that bead! But dichro really does POP more on dark colors.

Thanks Mary, I will try it next time with a darker base and hopefully get more 'pop' to it. ... Also, when I put the dichro on, after it is all wrapped on I kind of heat it and spead it out some to seal the edges of the dichro to the base. Is this right or, am I spreading out a little to much maybe to where it is spead too thin? I'll keep practicing with it. I'm at least happy I didn't burn it or get scum marks. But was hoping for a bit more color. Although it seems in different lighting it you can see it more sometimes.

Jenn-Foofaraw- I love the floral beads. I like the way the rubino turned a peachy coral color over the opal yellow. Great set!

Josie
10-15-2004, 05:29 PM
a boro spotted frit sea dragon in a sea shell figurinegood FRIDAY morning!!!!! :) everyone's beads look fabulous. here are my show n tell's for the day.. a boro spotted frit sea dragon in a sea shell figurine, a blue sparkle sea dragon, a spotted colored funky frog, and 2 dichroic marbles one the dichroic om marble and the other a alien dichroic marble. :wave: :wave:

Sigh. I tried to find this in your store BUT ITS NOT THERE! :eek: Will you be listing it or are you just a tease? :evil:

Tracey

jeffwelsh23462
10-15-2004, 05:35 PM
a boro spotted frit sea dragon in a sea shell figurine

Sigh. I tried to find this in your store BUT ITS NOT THERE! :eek: Will you be listing it or are you just a tease? :evil:

Tracey
hi tracey, it is scheduled to go up on ebay tonight.

Foofaraw
10-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys, I was a little worried about the set as two of my local customers saw it and both turned there nose up at it, but when all was said and done I like it and I enjoyed making it, lol I guess there's no accounting for taste, or however that saying goes!!!!!

mhartjen
10-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Alway fun to see what everyone is doing! Lori P I love your "kittycakes" ... cute name! Nurse Katie lovely work ... I really like the raku tulip! Foofaraw's set is stunning! Here are a few of mine for today ... Marna

Katiefl
10-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Great show and tell... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love the frog pendant Jeff!!! :clap:

MistyCherie
10-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Jenn, I think they are fabulous!

*squishies*

-M

Thanks guys, I was a little worried about the set as two of my local customers saw it and both turned there nose up at it, but when all was said and done I like it and I enjoyed making it, lol I guess there's no accounting for taste, or however that saying goes!!!!!

jeffwelsh23462
10-15-2004, 08:05 PM
a boro spotted frit sea dragon in a sea shell figurine

Tracey

HERE IS THE LINK FOR IT ON EBAY SEA DRAGON FIGURE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2277498290&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1)

Flamekist
10-15-2004, 08:29 PM
As promised in another thread, here's my Moons & Stars beads. Better late than never!

-Carl

SPIglass
10-15-2004, 08:44 PM
WOW! What an outstanding thread today. Getting in on it quite late today. Had our weekly playgroup at my house today, so I had a house full of toddlers! :eek: It was lots of fun!

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/10616-ageofbronze1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2004/10616-windstorm1.jpg

richsantaclaus
10-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Travlin'gal...... VERY NICE Santa!!!!!

Ho, ho, ho!!!

zim
10-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Wow- everyones beads are so great!! Some day I'll post a pic of mine- when I get my shed set up, when I get time to practice more, when I get better and when I learn how to post a pic :( . In the meantime I love looking at everybody else's!

Marna, that last bead of yours is georgous- it looks like an oil painting! :cool:

~Donna

Josie
10-16-2004, 01:53 AM
hi tracey, it is scheduled to go up on ebay tonight.

Yipee!! I got it , I got it! Nanananana! :evil:
Tracey