PDA

View Full Version : Thurs. 10/14 Nite Owl S&T

emmadogdesigns
10-14-2004, 09:06 PM
With school, I never get online early enough to post in the regular show and tell :crying: Today's was wonderful so let's see what we late surfers can come up with!

I love the kaleidascope beads and was hoping they would convert well into the lentil shape...and they did :clap: Light turquoise with EDP.

GinaJ
10-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Beautiful!

Mr.Smiley
10-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Here's a few pieces that made a neat face when I put them together... :D

scupltorgirl
10-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Rachel -- Pretty kalidescope lentils!

Mr.Smiley -- Heh heh heh -- neat face (cool implosions!).

!ngridh
10-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow...your lentils kaleidoscopes do you proud!!! Really lovely...and Mr Smiley your boro is luscious!

J Harris
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Rachel, those did come out just beautifully! The shape, the pattern and the colors are all delicious!

Mr. Smiley...you've made me smile! Love those pieces, individually and as you've composed!

Here's a set that I just finished...

Jan

Amozoo
10-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Rachel, Wow! I can rarely get the kalidascope thing right, I can't imagine trying to throw in a mold in the mix. They are great!
Nice boro work smiles. I actually got into boro today! I can't wait to see what comes out tomorrow. I love that inside out thing you do. Ok, well, I did make these last night

addendum : Jan, you slipped in there those beads are great!
Allen the gold stone looks wonderful. I've got to do that!

amealer
10-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Rachel, I've made kaleidoscope canes and beads with polymer clay, but never glass. Very nice!

Mr. Smiley, I can't decide which of yours I like best...can't work boro with a Minor, can you? That's what I'm thinking of upgrading to later on.

Jan, as you can see here, I love black and white.

For those who've never made their own goldstone stringers, you MUST give it a try. Last night I made my first attempt and pulled some goldstone, and blue and green adventurine stringers. I haven't used the blue or green yet, but this is my first bead using my own goldstone stringer. It wasn't that difficult and its so much brighter than commercial stringers. I can hardly wait to try the blue and green!

On the left is light ivory, white, transparent yellow, transparent red, and goldstone. The one on the right is simply black and white, both using Moretti glass.

I never cease to be amazed at the versatility of soft glass!! Then when you throw in boro....

Allen

jeffwelsh23462
10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
GOOD THURDAY EVENING! HERE ARE MINE FOR THE NIGHT.. 2 DICHROIC MARBLES AND 2 PENDANTS

MariJohnson
10-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Rachel, I've made kaleidoscope canes and beads with polymer clay, but never glass. Very nice!

Mr. Smiley, I can't decide which of yours I like best...can't work boro with a Minor, can you? That's what I'm thinking of upgrading to later on.

Jan, as you can see here, I love black and white.

For those who've never made their own goldstone stringers, you MUST give it a try. Last night I made my first attempt and pulled some goldstone, and blue and green adventurine stringers. I haven't used the blue or green yet, but this is my first bead using my own goldstone stringer. It wasn't that difficult and its so much brighter than commercial stringers. I can hardly wait to try the blue and green!

On the left is light ivory, white, transparent yellow, transparent red, and goldstone. The one on the right is simply black and white, both using Moretti glass.

I never cease to be amazed at the versatility of soft glass!! Then when you throw in boro....

Allen

Hi Allen!

You CAN do boro on a Minor, I know many artists do, and I just discussed this with Doug Remschneider this afternoon over the phone when we were going over the last minute details on his workshop here in Chicago next weekend.

He stated that you certainly CAN work boro on a Minor. He prefers the Mini Carlisle torch over the Minor but it can be done!!!

Hope this helps,

Mari

Blue Fire Beads (http://www.bluefirebeads.com)

Moth
10-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi Allen! :wave: I owe you an email! Nice work on the goldstone...I love to make that stuff. Try coating a big chunk with some moretti black stringer so that it only gets a real thin coating of the black. Smooth it out and case it again in clear. Pull that down into a stringer for purple glory.

You guys all rock and are a wonderful inspiration. Thanks for posting your stuff. Here is something from me.

Frost on the Pumpkin:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/24464-frostypumpkino.jpg

~~Mary

glassyeyed
10-14-2004, 11:42 PM
WOW! :clap: :clap: Nice stuff, everyone.
Rachel, your kaleidescopes rock!
Mr. Smiley, nice face. Your boro is awesome. I'm going to be in Orlando in 2 weeks. Any cool places for a glassy to visit?
Jan, I got chilly just looking at your beads. They look very "wintery."
Amoret, that's a psycodelic looking set of beads! Very nice!
Allen, your goldstone stringer looks great. Mine always turns green. What am I doing wrong?
Nice Dichro, Jeff, as always. Who could keep up with that?!?!?
Mary, that a perfect pumpkin! And aptly named. You are so clever!!