PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary WDE!! 15 Oct 2004

sundiver
10-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Yes, the Weekend Drawing Events have been going strong, every week, for a year! :clap:
Participation has been fantastic, and we have volunteer hosts booked for every week into June 2005! :clap:
And who better to host this weekend's event, than our brand new moderator, Lorna12 :clap:

Ok, enough clapping- here's Lorna's invitation.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/11613-WDE_Invitation_Oct_15th.jpg

Hi gang! :wave:

I've always enjoyed trying to capture the appearance of water and reflections and just shiny things in general...how about you?? Are you up for something a bit different??

Please note, we will start on Friday Oct. 15th. I've put a few sample times on the invite for other areas and will post a link to the World time clock so you can find your start time. The images will be posted 30 minutes earlier.

WORLD TIME CLOCK set for Oct. 15th 2pm MDT...check to see what time it is in your area. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=15&year=2004&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=80

For anyone new joining us, and you are all most welcome, please read the sticky at the top of the All Media Art Events page for information on how this works and I will have more instructions with the images.

See you Friday!!

Here's a link to the All Media Art Events Forum:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Shottra
10-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I am excited to try and participate in this weekend' ;) s event! I have not done one yet and am hoping to experience the thrill of it all.

khourianya
10-14-2004, 10:37 AM
This one should be fun! I'll try to get at least one done!

jennydb_uk
10-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Although I will not be around Friday, I will try to do something later. I too find water and reflections fascinating and are looking forward to the WDE!! Thanks for hosting!

L2isa2
10-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi Lorna,

Thanks for the invite :)

I will be around to try the glittery watery pics:)

See you Friday evening :)

Regards
Lisa

Fleur
10-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Hope to be there too! Haven't finished my last week's one yet :( and will be late this weekend (as usual) 'cos my daughter's having a sleepover Fri-Sat to celebrate her 9th birthday!!! I think I'm going to need a huge bottle of wine to see me through the weekend.... :wink2: See you all soon! :wave:

Jet
10-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Congrats Lorna !!..(in case you haven't seen a couple of posts around WC, already):cat:

And Congrats to all who have made possible for WDE staying alive and kicking for its first year..
:clap:

Looking forward to this weekend's WDE... :wave:

Regards

Elainepsq
10-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Great photos, but unfortunately, I am having trouble posting my work. I may have to contact the administrator to see why I don't have privileges. I haven't posted anything in a few weeks :confused:
In case I don't get my work posted, I did want to make an observation. I chose the sweet peas. The sense of light and dark in all your photos are just fabulous. I printed it out, but as usual, I prefer to work from my screen. It dawned on me this morning that the luminosity of the monitor does alot for a photo. Years ago I used to go to a watercolor class in Ridgewood NJ. and the instructor used a slide projector. The screen was surrounded by dark fabric, and the lighting was just right so that there was great light for painting were we sat, but dark around the screen. Never underestimate the value of the lighting you place on your subject photo!
Elaine

marilyn h
10-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Getting my invitation ready for next week!!!!!!!!!!