PDA

View Full Version : It's THURSDAY!! 10/14 S&T

Teri.p
10-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Honest - I don't sit here until midnight just so I can start the S&T thread.... I'm a night owl and often just really getting rolling around now.

Anyhow, this set is one of my favorites in a while. Base is either dark red or purple red, topped with R-108 plus 3 or 4 different purple/violets.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/23019-040670.jpg

Teri

SPIglass
10-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Those are gorgeous Teri!! I was just wondering why there wasn't already a S&T thread going for Thursday yet. Usually someone starts it alot earlier. I almost started one myself. Sure glad I didn't because there would have been two of 'em! LOL!

Looks like I may be getting a part-time nanny for Aiden starting next week. WOO HOO! Finally time to make some beads! We interviewed a great gal tonight, now I just have to check her references. As long as they check out...I will have some help come next week. Ahhhh...12 uninterrupted hours to make beads and she cleans too and loves it!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's one of my two lonely beads from last weeks one torch session. It's a periwinkle base with a twistie that I made during one of my private beginner beadmaking classes. Glad I decided to add that demo to my class outline because I now have lots of cool twisties to play with. :p

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/10616-swiftcurrents1.jpg

AmyK
10-14-2004, 01:51 AM
My first time participating! This set was made with transparent dark topaz, purple & green with opaque sage, dark ivory and gold. I put it up on ebay the other day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/34286-autumn2.jpg

kwstudios
10-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Hey Beaders!

I have these pics on another thread.....Back to beadwork for me...

I have seen the coolest stuff with all of these frits! I like that "R108". Will somebody tell me where to get this stuff? Iis it the same as "Jitterbug"?

Thanks,
Karen

beadreamer
10-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Teri, love the raku beads!
Paulett, very cool stringer!
Amy, beautiful set!
Karen, you can get it from Val or Blue Healer sites...love your heart BTW.

I'm still on the Halloween mode..apologies for the thread hog... :wink2:

Briatha
10-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Teri that is a drop dead gorgeous red set! I love red :D

Paulette Ravishing focal! Congrats on the Nanny! :clap:

Amy glad you decided to join in and share your luscious eye candy!

Karen I adore your elegant hearts!

Mary you can be a thread hog any ole day 'cause they are delightful!

Lentils of course :wink2:
Black Crimson Garden, Lime Elf Rocks

Emily NZ
10-14-2004, 04:52 AM
Wow lovely beads! The heart just sings to me :music: :music: :music:
I posted a seperate thread for these but will post the best one again here.
Boro paperweight pendant with rose flower.
Emily

nursekatie
10-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh wow....what a wonderful start to the S & T!!!

Terri...those pillows are awesome, I love the shape you get, and I also love the colors!! (and the swirls!!)

Paulette.....so good to see your beads again lately!! That is beautiful!

Amy, for the first time showing your work...you sure know how to blow my socks off! What a wonderful, colorful set!!!

Karen!! Good to see you here! I love your work!!!

Beadreamer.........what adorable Halloween beads!!!

Faith........beautiful as always!!

Emily...your work always makes me smile! That is one gorgeous pendant!!!

A few more for me....I do like the close shots.....it really gives you a feel for the bead!! My typical organics. The fat bicone is gaffer cane that I have been playing with. The ivory barrel is a new style I have been doing and I really like it. Base of Ivory with SIS swirled then a plain ivory stringer detail.

Booger
10-14-2004, 06:32 AM
WOW WOW WOW!
I feel like that sing song today from Sesame Street..... :music: "One of these beads just doesn't belong here.......One of these beads just doesn't belong.... Can you guess which bead just doesn't belong here, before I finish my song...."

COULD IT BE THIS TURK KOISE?

Emily Started It!
Booger Tunes Sheryll

Zonnestraaltje
10-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Wow! It's so early and yet there are already some wonderful pictures here to drool over!! Fantastic!!! :clap:

I had avoided lentils for a while because the tool I had did not allow me to make good ones. I kept thinking it was me, but realized finally that it was the way the tool was made.... it had a flaw that would never let me create a good lentil. Now that I have my Zoozii lentil tool though, I'm so in love with lentils again!!! Thanks, Amy!! Keep making great tools! :clap:

So here is a set of lentils. I finally got Opalino periwinkle to melt nicely for me. I'm on a hot head, and for some reason, the viscosity of Opalino seems to be a challenge. For this set though, it finally melted nicely for me! They were decorated in ocelot spots frit.

Have a great Thursday, everybody!! :wave: :D

jeffwelsh23462
10-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Good Thursday To All! :)
Everyone's beads look fabulous but BOOGER I love to see your beads!!! :clap:
Here are my items for the day.. 2 new ideas.. BORO FROG PENDANTS..and RED ROSE PENDANT along with a couple abstract dichroic pendants. Hope everyone has a great day! :) ;) :angel: :p :D :clap: :cat:

Tomsanctuary426
10-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Good morning~
Mary, I just have to say that your Halloween beads are absolutley adorable. Beautiful colors!!!! I have a few things to add today. Hope all of you have a fantastic day.
Karen & Tom

LadyArowana
10-14-2004, 07:57 AM
My first time participating! This set was made with transparent dark topaz, purple & green with opaque sage, dark ivory and gold. I put it up on ebay the other day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/34286-autumn2.jpg

Great work everyone.

Amy the link to your Ebay only takes me to your sign in page, not to your auction ! Fiona

Foofaraw
10-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Ok, I couldn't look at everything due to my dial-up, but I have to say those cats are hysterical! And Karen I always love your hearts!!!

Here is a set of Zoozii-Kalera's that I did, black base, silver leaf, stringers of white, silver green and iris gold frits all swirled.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/19877-Nebula.jpg

StefaniBeads
10-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Oh wow, wonderful eye candy on here today!! :cool:

No time to comment on all, I've been as busy as a honeybee in a squash field, lol! (got our Florida winter garden on my mind!) So here's yesterday's:

Silvered ivory and ink blue, oscelot spot pulled stringer(awesome! I'm totally hooked!), and about six different pink, purple, and white 96 COE frits over that wonderful Uroboros white! You can tell I had fun yesterday! ;) :D

Lapislazuli
10-14-2004, 08:19 AM
:D

Hi to all, beautiful and great job today. This is my contribution for this day.

until soon
Lapislazuli :wave:

kissmyglass
10-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Gorgeous beads everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GinaJ
10-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Beautiful work today, everyone!
Here's mine, I seem to be on an Ink Blue kick:

Moth
10-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Good mornin' all you talented people! Beautiful beads today. Lisa, love the center set you have posted there. :clap:

Here is just another ol floral from me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/24464-coralandpurpleo.jpg

Flame on!
~~Mary

JavaGirlBT
10-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow, this is a hard show to follow. Here are mine. Pink Gaffer glass, frit and spectrum96 white.

mperaza
10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone. Don't have time to comment on everything - in fact, I don't have time to look and read everything - got a meeting with someone who owns 3 bead stores and I have to run. I just wanted to post one quick picture of some beads I made yesterday that I'm really proud of. I'll post more when I get back. Wish me luck!
Marilyn

boheme'
10-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Great eye candy today everybody. :clap:

Deb Cline

Amozoo
10-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I only made one set yesterday, an out of town friend came for the night and I had to clean house all day! She showed me how to do needle point, and since I have a trunk full of canvases and wools, (mamma's) Its about time I got into it. Here is my set I made after Dit went to sleep.

RRadoy
10-14-2004, 11:34 AM
What an inspiration you all are to a newbie who is so new, shes just in the planning stages! Gorgeous work, all of you, keep it coming, I'm eating it all up!

Robin :D

BioImage
10-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Nice beads out there this morning. I've been thinking more and more about a trip to the beach and it all comes out in the beads.

Robert

AmyK
10-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks for letting me know my link was bad Fiona....let's see if I fixed it!

Jamn!
10-14-2004, 01:11 PM
What fun waking up to this thread this am!! I am inspired to take some pics of my latest beads! :)

beadreamer
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Nice beads out there this morning. I've been thinking more and more about a trip to the beach and it all comes out in the beads.

Robert

Loving those beads!

scupltorgirl
10-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Oink Alert -- Purple Rose Powder Pig sighted in S & T thread. :D

You guys have shown some nice beads today!

Mr.Smiley
10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Oink Alert -- Purple Rose Powder Pig sighted in S & T thread. :D

You guys have shown some nice beads today!

Really nice beads... I tweeked this pic in photoshop for you. Not sure if it's close to the real thing, but it shows up better lightened.
:D

scupltorgirl
10-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the tweaking, Mr.Smiley! :D ;)

This bead and a few others like it are "bears" to photograph -- they went sooo metallic -- does anybody know what metal is coming to the surface?

Anyway, I tried photographing it again (oink -- I know :rolleyes: ).

Mr.Smiley
10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
It would depend on what color you are using. Could be a mix of metals. I'm definitely not an expert on what metals are in the colors... but that info may help someone who is.

Yes... photographing glass is an art in itself... I have a long way to go before I'm happy with my pics too.

mperaza
10-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Okay - said I'd be back. I have some more pics to share and, of course, there are so many beautiful beads on here that I couldn't possibly remember them all to comment. Everyone's beads are great and you are all an inspiration to me.

Here's a better picture of the beads I posted earlier - along with a couple others.

Marilyn

Becky Mason
10-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the nice eye candy everyone. I love so may of them that I'd be here all night if I commented on them all. Too many to mention and I don't want to leave anyone out. Here is my constribution today before I'm off to the torch.

Base of Lauscha trans purple, white enamel, white and black stringer. The spacers are purple Gaffer. It is really a yummy color, but I only have 2 rods, so I'm using it just for smal spacers.

Becky

mhartjen
10-14-2004, 05:48 PM
What an awesome show and tell! Here are a few of mine ... Marna

Fire Psycho
10-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Here's some eyeballz I decided to try to do. I'm experimenting with iris coloring.

I think I'm gonna try some of that stuff you guys call "frit". I think that might melt pretty good in the IRIS area and create a nice pattern.

Anyway here they are, nice work you folks have up there.

Ciao'

sinatragal
10-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I started lampworking four months ago and am going to attend my first boutique in a few weeks. I came here for inspiration today before sitting at the torch and I have to say that all of you are so very talented! I hope to have work this beautiful to post someday soon! Thanks for the eye candy!
P.S. I really mean inspiration....I'm not a copy cat!