PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily WASH - OCT. 14,2004***

ScarletLake
10-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi Everyone

Well it's almost Oct. 14th as I type it is 11:20pm & my beagle Tilly has just brought out her stuffed animal to play. She is talking to me right now. She has this blue wizard dragon my son won at the fair. What a riot. I think she is just thankful that I just got her inside from her potty break as it is cold, rainy her tonight.

Had the bestest day. Didn't have to work tonight. So I went to the paint group this morning & stayed on for lunch & got home at 3:30pm. I really have enjoyed my little historical downtown. Becoming a regular in the local shops. That is one thing that I will miss about working M-F. Also seeing my painting friends because I will no longer be able to just pop in. The shop keepers of the Hotel Gallery where we meet to paint have a 3 story old inn that has been turned into many little one room shops. They a room on the 2nd floor that displays my art mentors work. Even has a wing back chair by the window. They told me that I'm welcome to come on down & paint/sketch/write anytime I want to.

I'm going to take them up on it & I'm toying with the idea of starting an evening art group.

Discussion today of our annual "Winter's Gathering" On Nov. 13th. Fun weekend. All the little shops are open, lots of treats, things all done in Christmas decor.

My husband & I have a basket that has been accumulating rolls of film. I mean we must have 14 rolls. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So it has been fun dropping off a couple of rolls over the past month. I can't wait to pick them up. Anyway this was a picture taken last year at the Winters Gathering. I sure hope I can upload this pic. I have fogotten how.

Anita

Sorry folks but I can't get this darn thing to upload my picture. I'll have to wait until my DH can help. Even just had my 16 yo son working on it & no go. :rolleyes:

Christie
10-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Morning/Evening All!

Anita, my youngest beagle just brought her sock to me for a game of tug of war.:D The other two beagles here think she lacks dignity. :wink2:

I guess that there are trade offs when you are working regular hours, but it's nice that you can go back to your art group when you are able.

Tomorrow is going to be busy so I figured I would post now. I have tutoring before I go to work. Then I get to come home and paint.

Cathie, I just signed up for the drawing 101 course as well.:)

Hi to everyone who comes later. See you later in my afternoon.

Take care.

Roun2it
10-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Morning each,

well what a way to start the day, 5am and switch on the laptop and find Chris's lovely painting and poem waiting for me. So waiting for it to get light and will take a piccy of mine and post them in the Gallery. I do like this challenge, sort of focuses the mind. But there may be a time when it all becomes a chore.

Char thanks for asking about the leg, its getting better all the time, still confined to quarters, as far as driving is concerned, although I can bend it fully it just hurts using the clutch. (Clutch for you over the pond is what your left leg pushes down to change gear in a manual shift car! :wink2: ) I am taking the dogs for a walk though, Chris is grateful for that she gets an extra half hour in bed.

Both dogs are sat looking at me now, its too dark yet, Molly would never find her ball.

mr sandbanx
10-14-2004, 01:43 AM
My new dog bit a hole in a tube of WN new gamboge!!!! 10 bucks!! argh. Now I have to put everything away at night..

Hi Anita, Hi Christie. good luck with your art classes and groups. Mine was cancelled this week due to Thanksgiving. Portraits next week methinks....yikes.

Am in bed right now but have cold and had to get up for some noesinifrin.

Thought I might wait and see what Kevin has up his sleeve but I hear him from here... "Bocca.... Rocca... smoke a, carioca, savoca, mocha, Polka..."

Times up Kevin....

Its Thursday, I'm off to see the Wizard of Oz!

Chris

Kate Mc
10-14-2004, 03:12 AM
GOOD MORNING!! :wave: It's Thursday, when my weekend officially begins! JUPEE!!

I'm enjoying the challenges in the gallery, and almost wish that I could get up the wherewithall to find a challenge buddy. I wonder if anyone would be interested in an occasional challenge??? Hmmmm....

LOL, I was working with one of my students yesterday, and he had to prepare for a presentation that he will give today. So we reviewed it for grammar and spelling errors, then he practiced it a couple of times. By that time he was getting really tired, but we still had some time left in the lesson. So I said to him, "can you stand to go through this one more time?". He looked at me a little strangely, and then he.......stood up! I laughed so hard that I couldn't tell him why I was laughing! So I had to explain about the expression "to stand something". That got me thinking....

So today's word is stand. I can find 8 definitions:
1) to be on your feet, as in "stand up!"
2) to tolerate something, as in "I can't stand it!"
3) a platform, as in "a speaker's stand"
4) a moral/ethical position or opinion, as in "what's your stand on this?"
5) to express #4 above, as in "I stand for xxx"
6) the defense of a position (moral/ethical or physical), as in "Custer's last stand"
7) a booth for selling something, as in "a fruit stand"
8) In the UK, I think that politicians stand for office. Is that right? Interesting that in the UK, they stand, but in the US they run.....

Any more??? Sylvia?? Char?? Henry???

Anita, I love the sound of your town. Can I come play??

Christie, the drawing course sounds really interesting, doesn't it?? I'm tempted...

Kev, good luck with the knee. I'm also waiting for the next poem/painting. What a creative group! Out of my league....

Chris, so no do you have a yellow dog?? Or do you just have yellow paint with dog spit on it (Ewwwww).

Waving to AWAYTC and anyone who has posted since I began typing this... :rolleyes:

HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!!

Kate

DominicM
10-14-2004, 04:17 AM
Well 2 full days left ,then 2 weeks vacation(US)/Holiday(UK)... :clap:

Sacramento, CA. here we come,

You have been warned, I am taking my paints, so will hopefully get chance to paint that bridge a different color... or perhaps the the town red... but unlikely to get anything posted until return... my palmpilot doesnt deal with php websites..

Thinking about doing the "Drawing 101" myself when I get back from holidays

Kev, glad you're not legless any more, wishing you a speedy recovery.

(((((Hugs))))) and prayers for those in need..

Have a good one

madmum
10-14-2004, 04:27 AM
Good morning friends :)

We have an amazingly bright start to the day here, but unfortunately the forecast is less promising - lots of rain is expected later :(

I'm still waiting for the replacement Neocolour crayons to arrive, which is frustrating as I have a project planned and really wanted to use them in it :mad:

Anita, I love the sound of your day, and setting up an evening art group is a great idea, some of your daytime art friends might join you!

Hi Christie :wave:

Oh dear Chris! I sometimes wonder whether dogs are worse than kids, but then my kids do something really stupid and I decide they can't be! lol

Kev, glad you're back walking the dogs, that must help to relieve the cabin fever! Your challenge will do you alot of good, I'm sure :)

LOL @ your student, Kate :D I daren't imagine what he would have done if you had said "Can you bear (bare) to go through this one more time?" ;) Yes, politicians do "stand for election" here - I guess our politicians are lazier! lol I can't think of any more definitions off the top of my head....

A short return to yesterday's wash. I only attended one concert when I was a teenager, a small one in Warrington, but they were my favourite band The Housemartins. I had a wonderful time, the music was great. :clap: Some of them went on to form The Beautiful South, who are one of my current favourite bands.

Hugs and white light to all, back later :)

Ruth

Lulu
10-14-2004, 04:30 AM
Hi everyone:)
Am tired tired tired but had to pop in and say hello:)
Have had a lovely day, but first I must say to Kev........... you've got a DOG called Molly????!!!! I have a MIL named Molly and a grandaughter name Mollie:)
And today little Mollie turned 5. I visited her at creche and when she saw me she rushed shouting LULU (yes, that's my grandmotherly name) and then Abbie did too, then all the kids at the creche......... I had kids jumping all over me and as I was crouched down on the grass I nearly fell backwards:)
Oh what joy children give!
And something I have been wondering............ Mollie starts school now that she is 5 (she starts next Monday). When do children in other countries start school? Would be interested to know.

To the doctor tomorrow, couldn't get in today. No worse, but no better.....

And JJ, if you happen to be looking in, yes you surely will get a shock when you get home. Brisbane has been consistently around 30 degrees lately.
Inland Sydney yesterday was up to 45 I think.
We are going up to Noosa and Fraser Island. Can't wait! Will think of you in 2 degrees;) hehe

Elaine, are you sweltering in the Chch nor-westers? It's a wonder Rod hasn't been in to skite! lol :D

Well, off to look at the gallery then to bed.
Nite nite:) :wave:

Yorky
10-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Morning all :wave:

Fine and bright here - but how long for?

U3a computer class this morning - teaching Word again - must go through the lesson before I go.

UK Autumn Get Together has 22 takers so far - still waiting for that TOC-H info to arrive - not in today's post.

Ruth is planning an early visit to Detroit around Thanksgiving - that's if our new passports arrive in time - they are due on 27th October. However application form includes a section "What to do if things go wrong" - not very encouraging - many passports are going missing in the post.

Better get my homework done, so BBL,

EDIT:
:o Just had time to glance at the morning paper - there's a highly derrogative article on page 12 of the "Daily Mail" headed "Wigan? It's the a***end of the World" by the chief executive of the "Keep Britain Tidy" charity based at Wigan Pier. I expect Pat and Sharon to be down there to join the queue of Wigganners to clobber this lady! :wink2:

Doug

painterbear
10-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just a little past 6:00 a.m. here in Ohio. Start of a busy day for me. I have an art class from 9:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. (half hour off for lunch). Today the schedule says we will be starting a two-lesson study of "how to fill watercolor paintings with light and color by pouring paints." I'm really looking forward to this because it is a technique that gives wonderful results—when it works!

No concerts for me to talk about, but in my younger days I did see Louis Armstrong, Tony Bennett, Frankie Laine, the Glenn Miller Orchestra (not conducted by Glenn, of course), and the Vienna Boys Choir in person. I was in college during the folk singing era so we had our own concerts—someone would bring out a guitar or banjo (or two or three, depending on the talent that was there at the party) and we would sing folk songs for hours—Michael, Row the Boat Ashore, Halleluhah!; Where Have All the Flowers Gone?; Tom Dooley; .... Ah, we were young and innocent, no four letter words in the lyrics, just harmony and lots of fun singing along, even if you didn't have a great voice. :music: :angel: :music:

Kate, Anita's hometown really is charming. It has a wonderful town square and city building, a nice museum where they have art shows and other exhibitions. We almost bought a house there when we first came to this area.

stand You've got most of the ones I could think of off the top of my head so I cheated and looked in my dictionary. Here are two more I found:
(1) the location or position of a structure, as in, "The Webster Building stands high on a hill outside of town."
(2) where a team ranks in sports leagues, as in, "The Yankees and the Red Sox stand 2 to 2 in the play-offs."

Lulu, My grandson started Kindergarten this year and he is 5 years old (6 in November). Of course, he went to pre-school three days a week last year too, but that isn't officially part of the school system as Kindergarten is.

Ruth, I had a similar problem with an order for art supplies. My Curry's order arrived the other day (I ordered it 9 September but they are swamped so it took a while to process). As I unrolled each tube of paint I was so happy to see them, until I opened a tube of Permanent Yellow. I have more yellow paint than I can use up in several years so I knew I didn't order it. Sure enough, when I checked my order form, I should have received Permanent Rose; someone made a mistake at the factory when loading up my paints. I called them yesterday and the customer service lady said to just keep the paint because it isn't economical for them (or me) to just ship one 15 ml tube of paint back for exchange. So, they will credit my account for the cost and I can re-order the Rose with my next order. If they had to make a mistake, I wish they had made it with a color I didn't already have in abundance. :evil:

Weaving to all who were here before me and those who are yet to come. Have to go finish proofing the answers to my Grade 4 Teacher's Resource Math Book before I go to my class. Found one answer yesterday that doesn't work so will have my DH go over it and see what needs to be changed to make it correct. (He's got a head for numbers, like I have for words. LOL!).

Ta Ta,

Sylvia

CharM
10-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Good morning Washonians... we are enjoying a beautiful soft rain this morning... It did rain all night and it's expected to continue through tomorrow... I love the sound...

Kate... how about a standoff... where two opponents face one another...
...or a stand up comedian
...or if you don't show up for an appointment, you stand up someone
...or you could have a strong opinion of something with a standpoint
...or you could set rules that are consistent across a set of disciplines using standards
...oh... and stand by... I may think of others... :D

Kev... I keep forgetting to congratulate you on the upcoming grandbaby! The wedding??? Well... all things happen for a reason and the delay will get resolved... btw... I drive a little Tracker... a 4 wheel drive SUV with a 5 speed transmission... it has been really hard on my hip and I may have to give it up!!!! :eek:

Anita... what a great day you had!!!! Before our digital camera, we used to collect film cannisters, too... It was always such a fun surprise when we finally got them developed!! :D

Christie... I really hope you are resting, AS DIRECTED by your Dr... *starting to really worry*...

Chris... have you still got that cold??? Bed rest and chicken soup...

Dominic... you ARE counting down the days... you're going to have a blast!

But Ruth... you did the right thing... disappointing to have to wait... but you would never have felt good about them otherwise...

Lulu... *starting to really worry* about you too... Canadian children officially begin school at 5 years old... kindergarten... however, we're recently starting sending them off to pre-kindergarten at 4 years old... My own granddaughter Paige is now going to school... frankly, they're just babies and aren't ready for that structured environment... but what do I know... I'm just the Grammie...

Woo hoo! Stitcher!!! Doug, are you not planning to accompany her?

Syl... is this class still with Nita Leland???

I'm late for work, so I need to get a move on... Hoping everyone has a happy and creative day... sending hugs and white lights to all...

Roun2it
10-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Just finished editing and posting the week 2 challenge for me and Chris. Theres a lot of cutting and pasting involved when your putting up 2 peoples work. It was the format used by Kirsten and Lauren I think it works. But it made doubly difficult with the poems and the length of the post is massive. Oh well if I haven't put you off go and have a look and a read. ClickHere (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222845)

At least I'm painting more than I used to. Its feeling good too. Oh and Johnnie and Lulu you make special guest appearences in my painting.

Doug I saw that item on the news yesterday, nearly mentioned it but thought Pat might get riled, oh well ..........fingers in hears and wait for the response!! I can see storm clouds coming over from Wiggin!

Lulu yeah its in their 4th year, in the term in which tey become 5. Poor Connor my grandson has just staeted school this term. He was over 5 when he started as his birth date is at the wrong side of the summer holiday break. Daft thing was when he went, they said he was older than most of the kids so they moved him up a year, so he missed out on his 'reception class'.

JudyL
10-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Hi, busy day here, not only the continuation of the renovation of the bathroom. But the tree man is here, to finally remove the two middle scots pines in front of our house! ( :clap: ) This is a job I would not want to do, climb a pine tree with a chain saw. I love what he has on the side of his truck, "The Tree Wise Men"
before
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/13051-trees_before.JPG
I know, they look lovely, but not only are they messy, the two middle ones poorly!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/13051-Way_up_there.JPG
That thing dangling is a chainsaw!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/13051-thats_a_chainsaw.JPG
We are also expecting a delivery of the water resistant plaster board for the wall behind the new tub. The old one was trashed when Jack took off the tiles. They had glued them straight onto the old plaster board, looked like it had been attacked by giant moths.
I'll be back later maybe with photos of the bathroom in progress. He's putting the underfloor heating down today, and maybe tiles.
BBL
JudyL
Oh, Kev, the clutch in the US is the same as in the UK, Go figure!

ScarletLake
10-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Good mornings Everyone

OK - Lets see if my picture will upload now. I've had the help of hubby.

This was from last years "Winter Gathering". Recognize anyone!!!

Uschi
10-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Supposed to rain all night but just started drizzling and as Char said, supposed to rain for days - yes, we need it!!!

Spent eternity reading yesterday's and today's wash and can't remember a thing LOL

I must be having that chest cold bug that Christie and Lulu are talking about because mine came back too, 3rd time this year, lasts forever. I normally get a cold once every 2 - 3 years.

I was at friends' yeterday evening and when I came home there was this message saying, hello, this is Gail. HAHA, this is like me saying this is Char - JJ, you forgot YOU HAVE AN ACCENT!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

So, I'll have a quick look at the Gallery and then call either Gail or the IMPOSTER :D

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Greetings :wave:
Nice picture Anita And Charlie!
Lulu what is "creche". Here it is the nativity scene.
Hope all you cold flu people get healed quickly!
Board meeting this morn resale shop this aft. Doesn't leave much of the day!
Have a good one!
JoAnn

Flattwo
10-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Morning all

Kate
Stand...An outfit or a suit of Armour
Stand..."I cant stand him/her/it" any longer

Henry

billythekid
10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Hello Washeroos,

just a quick hello from my ending lunch break. I am getting lazy with wetting my brushes, so many other stuff to do and the week ends are packed as well.
I am looking for quieter times maybe in November.

Stand: like market stand, actually it's the same work in German, a little bit of global heritage.

JudyL
10-14-2004, 09:33 AM
How about, a stand in, like "I am standing in for Fred who can't make it".
JoAnne, cheche = day care, or play group.

Later, JudyL

laudesan
10-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Uschi Who Moi ?????????? ;)

KEV have you had the op ?????

Chris.. Yeah.........!! :D :evil: oh and Bad Dog!! I don't leave stuff out on my patia anymore.. :wink2:

Petite Pampes.. :cat:

Lulu Waaah and it is only an hours drive or so from our place to Noosa. 30 degs huh.. Oh boy.. :p

Huge waves to everybody.. :wave: :clap:

Got go get ready for his highness's visit.. :rolleyes:

Huggles ((()))

artmom
10-14-2004, 10:26 AM
:wave: to everyone! Haven't read WASH yet; will later.

Egon tells me he has been banished from WetCanvas! and here is part of a farewell note he asked me to share: "Folks, I dont want to leave without saying good bye to all my friends . Some of you where very helpfull for my improvement - Thank you. Keep your brushes wet." He also asked me to post a beautiful painting, but I'm afraid I might be breaking a rule by doing that. :eek:

Hugs to all in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

Starsprite
10-14-2004, 10:31 AM
WHAT?!! I just read your message Lynn. Did he say why he was banished?! That is sad. :crying:

pampe
10-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Good Thursday, all

Finished Christmas shopping yesterday except for my MOm and Becca....WOOT!

Today is lovely so I will do some outdoor things...hate the WINTER PREP.....*sigh*

Have a great day

Pam

Europa
10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

TMTRTI - but here we go.

Kate - I'll be your challenge buddy if you like - would be an honour to pit my abilities against yours :D (thats if you havent already found someone :( )

Kev and Doug - as for the Wigan remark - yes there was something about it in our local paper - the stupid woman - she said it had been taken out of context (yeah right) - I just put it down to southern ignorance (present company excepted :D ) even though she has worked here for 4 yrs. Am not even going to waste my time worrying about it - I do my bit for pushing how great my hometown is and I havent met anyone yet who hasn't been pleasantly surprised when they get here.

Why has Egon been banished? - was wondering where he was.

Well waving to everyone else :wave: - sending white light to those in need.

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

CharM
10-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi all... it's always distressing to learn that someone has been banned... The Guides are NOT privvy to this information. However, from the Guide Handbook:

'Three strikes and you're out' is a series of steps taken when a WetCanvas member consistently violates their user agreement. It is a procedure designed to ensure members are treated consistently and fairly, and that they are given the opportunity to improve their conduct.

The procedure sets out a graduated series of formal warnings. At each stage the member will be informed that they are receiving a formal warning and given the reason. A member who receives three formal warnings and continues to violate their user agreement will have their account suspended for three months. A further offence after their account is reactivated results in another three month suspension. A further offence after their account is again reactivated will result in permanent removal of their account.

The 'Three strikes and you're out' procedure should not be initiated for minor offences or where the matter could most likely be resolved informally.

Formal warnings should only be discussed with other moderators in the private forums and with the member themselves. Formal warnings should not be discussed in the public forums - moderators should not post about them even if the subject is raised by the recipient. Under no circumstances should a formal warning be given publicly.

What are the steps?
Formal warning 1
Formal warning 2
Formal warning 3
Account suspension 1 (3 months)
Account suspension 2 (3 months)
Account removal

Europa
10-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Have finally managed to download some pics I took of steam engines when I was a Wigan Pier buying the fridge magnets for Kington (gosh was that so long ago??) - thought i would share a couple.

I have compressed them all for fast loading (I think I did it right) - if not apologies for those on dial up.

Pat

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/29499-steamengine2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/29499-steamwheel_1.jpg

Yorky
10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks for explaining the policy, Char, it shows that any action is not as a result of a one off transgression, but after a series of complaints.

On a different topic, I listened during the night to the Bush/Kerry debate, was absolutely shattered when I got up and when I came back from my computer class, I fell asleep in the chair - fist time for a while - I'm getting old ;)

Just had a chat with Jaytee, it was like being in Kington again for a while - so nice to have met so many people there. Roll on next April and we'll do it again.

Doug

Cathie Jones
10-14-2004, 02:27 PM
G'day Washuns! Can't believe I made it here before noon for a change.

Kate, don't know if I read this elsewhere in the wash or thought of it myself - but did you get "Stand-In" as in replacing someone or something?

Char, thanks for the explanation. I remember that Egon caused some dissension a while back - but it was a long time ago and I certainly wasn't aware of anything recent. I'll miss his vignettes . . .

Kev, it's good to hear that you're walking the dogs. Driving will follow soon enough.

Back to work . . . *hear the whip cracking?* - BBL . . . XOXOXOXO

Uschi
10-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Taking a quick break from taking a break :D

I came across this book at the library "Watercolor pour it on!" by Jan Fabian Wallake and am totally excited by her colours - the kind that Flattwo uses and I am excited by his colours too. I absolutely HAVE to try these colours and the pouring, but I have no imagination so even if I learn the how - then what??????

Dull, dull day weather wise, yet still bone dry out there.

I think Egon might have done himself in with a comment in Sarah's church thread, but that is just a guess.

Waiting in anticipation for news about JJ, Gail and Chris' meeting!

Pam - good for you, If I only knew what to get I would be done too LOL

Pat - those photos are fabulous!!!!

Well, I am a bit lost, can't start a painting - would mess up the studio before JJ sees it tiedied :rolleyes: :eek: , oh to heck with it, I think I'll play with the pouring :D
:wave: Uschi

Starsprite
10-14-2004, 02:50 PM
I think Egon might have done himself in with a comment in Sarah's church thread, but that is just a guess.

:wave: Uschi

Wowie Zowie!! I just read what he said and would have to agree that he was way out of line and rude! Hopefully he will straighten up his attitude.

Roun2it
10-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I too have looked at the posts of Egon on this thread. Unfortunatly I consider that Egon, in his postings has displayed the habits of a stalker. I can only feel so sorry for poor Sarah. He was totally out of order.

After Lyns post I felt sorry for Egon, his first language is not English and I have given him the benefit of the doubt on several ocassions. But his actions leave me to hope that he is not allowed back on this site. Rude, unacceptable and aggresive behaviour is not welcome here. I for one applaud Wet Canvas on enforcing their policy.

I just felt I had to say something because Lyn made me feel sorry for Egon at first.

painterbear
10-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Good afternoon all,

It is almost 5:15 p.m. here in Oakwood and I'm doing my final check of what's happening before signing off, putting the computer to sleep for the day, and starting supper. This is an easy supper, the second time for a meal I cooked before (not leftovers, I often make two portions of something and freeze one for later use on a busy day). :angel:

Char, You asked earlier "Syl... is this class still with Nita Leland???" No, I go to Nita's class on Monday and Diane Coyle's class on Thursday. Diane is a wonderful artist too who you would love because one of her specialties if flowers. Here is an example of a painting from the cover of her brochure (the colors are actually a little softer but my scanner wouldn't cooperate):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2004/9833-diane.jpeg

Uschi, Jan Fabin Wallake's a wonderful artist. I've read her book too. Love her technique.

Today in our art class we started the first phase of a painting done in the style of Roland Roycraft who also paints light using pouring. He also uses a LOT of masking fluid and that is where I am in my painting—applying the masking fluid. When I finish that I'll pour the first three colors—yellow, blue, and red—that are supposed to create the "atmosphere" of the woodland scene. We'll see, Diane's demo just kept getting more and more lovely with each pour. Hope I can do as well.

Sorry that Egon went that step too far and was banished. The Church thread is not the first one in which he harassed Sarah, unfortunately, he has made similar posts in other threads she was working on. He just seemed to have an animus toward her for some reason, which is hard to fathom.

No roofer today, which is probably just as well because we are supposed to be getting rain for the rest of the week. I'd rather not have the shingles all off the roof while the rain is pouring down! :eek: So, hopefully he will come next week and we'll have better weather.

Off to see any new postings in the Gallery.

See you all tomorrow.

Sylvia

Cathie Jones
10-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Kev, we went through the same kind of thing with Egon last year. We felt sorry for him, excusing his behavior because English is not his first language.

Obviously, we were wrong - he understands well enough to be rude when he could be offering constructive advice. Most of us ask for help and critique to better our understanding of the craft, but there's no excuse for the destructive way Egon expressed his opinion of Sarah's work.

Stalker, huh? :rolleyes: I keep forgetting that you're an ex-policeman. You probably see personality traits in all of us that we don't think about!! :eek: Except me and possibly Pat - we're perfect :angel: 's . . . .

laudesan
10-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I too have looked at the posts of Egon on this thread. Unfortunatly I consider that Egon, in his postings has displayed the habits of a stalker. I can only feel so sorry for poor Sarah. He was totally out of order.

After Lyns post I felt sorry for Egon, his first language is not English and I have given him the benefit of the doubt on several ocassions. But his actions leave me to hope that he is not allowed back on this site. Rude, unacceptable and aggresive behaviour is not welcome here. I for one applaud Wet Canvas on enforcing their policy.

I just felt I had to say something because Lyn made me feel sorry for Egon at first.

Please DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR EGON..

I was the recipient of his stalking last year, he nearly drove me away from wet canvas.. :( He WAS really stalking me and making the most terrible posts and causing me a lot of stress.

Everyone felt sorry for him, yes, because he kept saying English was not his first language, but he can speak and write it perfectly well .... trust me.....

I don't know what has happened now as I haven't read the threads, but from what I gather here he has done it to little Turtle (Sarah) now??? :eek: :eek: Not on!!

If he has been banished from WC it is his own fault, and not a moment too soon either!!

O.K. now for my news.. ;)

We had the most fantastic day today with Sandbanx and family!!!! You can read all about it on JJ's Diary (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2804068#post2804068) Thread.. :D I am going to post it there now, AND pics.. :D

Love and huggles !!

Oh yes Chris gave me a hug from you Kev, Thank You.. :)

Europa
10-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Stalker, huh? :rolleyes: I keep forgetting that you're an ex-policeman. You probably see personality traits in all of us that we don't think about!! :eek: Except me and possibly Pat - we're perfect :angel: 's . . . .

Mental Note to self - put Cathie right at the top of Christmas Card list for spot on observations!! :D

Pat

artmom
10-14-2004, 06:45 PM
by Kev: I just felt I had to say something because Lyn made me feel sorry for Egon at first.

Okay, now it is my fault you felt sorry for Egon???? Please tell me what, in my post, made you feel sorry for him? I, in no way, was showing sympathy (or asking for it) for Egon. I was simply doing what a fellow human being asked me to do, post a goodbye. Go ahead, color me with Egon's brush, and stone me if you want to. I'm obviously only an "American redneck" and don't deserve to live--if I can sway people to sympathy so easily.

My feelings are deeply hurt.

Lyn

Cathie Jones
10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
:d

Starsprite
10-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Lyn, when Kev said "After Lyn's post, I felt sorry for Egon", I dont think he meant what you said in your post made him feel sorry for Egon but just the news of him being banned, which was from your post, made him feel sorry for Egon. I felt the same way..... just the knowledge that he was banned, (of course not knowing why)... so felt sorry for him. Now that I have read what offended the person I can see why he was banned though and I don't feel sorry for him anymore.

Please don't be offended and take it personally.... I didn't know if Kev would see this soon and be able to respond or not...but I'm pretty sure he would say the same thing... I hate to see you hurt over this. You were just relaying a message that was given to you and you did well. That's all you did was relay the message....gave no opinion one way or the other and no one blames you.

Europa
10-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Grrrrrrr wrote this out once and pressed a button and it all disappeared....hummmph - so here we go again.

Lyn - I have to agree with Patty - am sure Kev didnt mean it how you have taken it love - like him I too felt sorry for Egon after reading your post - but the only reason I felt sorry for him was because you had said he had been banned - though at that time I didnt know the full story - now I do know the full story I have no sympathy whatsoever for him - he deserves what he got - thinking about it he did actually pm me after I commented about his comment in Sarah's thread.

The problem as I have said many times before is that sometimes things are misunderstood as you cant see expressions or hear tone of voice on here.

How could anyone ever put you on a par with him - you have far too much wit and wisdom and as for being a 'redneck' well thats what I am too - they call Catholics rednecks in my part of the woods - so not only are we buds but practically related now.....lol. So cuz - lets forget all this - chow down on some grits (which I happen to love btw :D ) and I'll bring the six pack. :evil:

Love ya you know!!!

Pat xxx

maryrose
10-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned....

Stand...a group of plants in a specifically confined location..." a stand of birches"