PDA

View Full Version : Do you Zooziicube? Let's see some pics!

JavaGirlBT
10-13-2004, 08:36 PM
I played with my Zooziicube tool the other day. I love them, but I especially love the other one - the Zooziicube crystal. Here's what I made. All Gaffer glass. ;)

GinaJ
10-13-2004, 08:41 PM
ok, those are just plain COOL!!!!

beadsbybrat
10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
THose are Beautiful ellen!!!!
I Neeeeeed some of that Gaffer!!!!!

the brat

Foofaraw
10-13-2004, 09:13 PM
I zoozii-cube!!! The mints aren't cubes but the chocolates are!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/19877-Holiday-Treats.jpg

mperaza
10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't cube... yet.

It's really funny - I was craving a candy bar and to try to beat the urge, I thought I'd see what's going on on WC. MISTAKE!!!!! LOL.
Yummy beads Jenn.

Marilyn

gailjoseph
10-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh my gosh, Ellen and Jenn, those beads are beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I tried my cube once, and gave up (for the day) when I couldn't get the right amount of glass on the mandrel. Are you just doing a big donut with a footprint the size of the cube? HELP!!!! :D

starlightdesigns
10-13-2004, 09:48 PM
I zoozii-cube!!! The mints aren't cubes but the chocolates are!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/19877-Holiday-Treats.jpg

OMG, Jenn, those are simply yummy.... I was thinking of doing a set of chocolates but have been wary of the challenge. I'm not quite where I want to be with my stringer work, but maybe someday. I went and downloaded a bunch of Godiva chocolate pictures for inspiration though...

Anyhoo, those chocolates are done with the cube? Awesome, but how did you the extra chocolate goo at the bottom? That makes em look very realistic. Excellent work ~ bravo!!! :clap: :clap:

CorriDawn
10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I tried once and gave up too. I couldn't get it right. I need a cubing for dummies guide.

Foofaraw
10-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Ok, ya'll better give me a mentor point or something, lol! First the extra bit of chocolate was done after the bead was made, I added some thick stringer and then heated it up and pressed it on my marver, it squishes it out and makes it look like chocolate drippings!

For the cube, this is what I do:

Make a round bead that's width is 2mm shy of the hole in the press on each side, get it warm and then flatten it, this will give you a long bead, then heat it up a little and put it in the press, the length going top to bottom, this will squish it a little, then just bit by bit add a dob of glass to the top and bottom, reheat and repress. It takes me about 4 times, but I'll be honest, at first it was like 12 before I had enough glass.

Oh and when reheating, once your sides are thick enough and your just adding glass for the heighth, you want to make sure that you don't heat up the side anymore or it will ooze out and you'll be in trouble!!!

Good luck guys!!!

starlightdesigns
10-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Bravo, Jenn! You got a merit point from me! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ajwhite
10-14-2004, 10:05 AM
I am having a horrible time with the press. I make a fairly large (for me) round bead and then put it in the press. All I get is a round bead with slightly dented sides. :mad: I am definately cube challenged on this one. I'll try squishing and adding more glass and see what happens.

Audra

Jamn!
10-14-2004, 10:23 AM
These beads are very cool!! I like this new shape!

I guess I need chocolate for breakfast now!! :rolleyes:

boheme'
10-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Jenn - those beads are delicious. Now where did I put that chocolate? :D I don't have any Zoozii presses yet. Definately on my x-mas list need list - besides chocolate of course. :evil:

Deb Cline

Foofaraw
10-14-2004, 12:00 PM
They key to the cube press is patience!!!

Funny thing, I'm not a chocolate lover!!! But give me cheesecake anyday,mmmmmmmm cheeeeesecake! :D

manda j
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey Jen and Ellen.
Such cool beads! Can you bring them to the meeting in S. Portland? I'd love to see them in person. I find that zoozii the hardest one to use as well.

manda j
p.s. OK, dumb question, how do I give a merit point? I see I have some, but have no idea how to give them. dumb.....

manda j
10-14-2004, 10:47 PM
OK, figured it out and did it! I've got to change my tiny head!

encantado
10-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Wow Jenn and Ellen you did wonderful things with that press!

p.s. Jenn, I like your new tiny head!

Foofaraw
10-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I won't be at this weekends meeting have a million and one things going on, lol!

And thanks for the compliment on the tiny head, my son needed a picture of me for his photo album so we went outside and he took it, it came out really well so I changed my tiny head!

acorns2oaks
10-15-2004, 02:41 PM
pointed ya!!!

but I actually had a different question!!! (bowing) If I may?

what color did you use for your "chocolate" color? I've thought of choc beadies, but always get stuck in the planning due to color dilemma!!!

thx in advance,

stacy

StefaniBeads
10-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Ellen - Luscious Gaffer! You are so talented with using the presses, and I especially love when you make your "graduating tints" beads! (gotta bid on 'em one of these days! :)

Jenn - You too are so very talented, girl! Your candies are too droolicious!! :cool:

Foofaraw
10-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Ya'll are making me blush!!!

I use moretti 448 for my chocolate color, don't over cook it though or it will turn out looking black as night!