PDA

View Full Version : Kington Spring Meet 2005

jaytee
10-13-2004, 07:40 PM
OK ....... A new thread so we dont get more confused than we already are :evil:

You may like to go BACK TO THIS THREAD (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800890#post2800890) if you want to catch up on the discussion so far and how we came to be planning TWO get-togethers in 2005. .......

...though I will repeat the vital bits here soonest ........

jaytee
10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
OK.. new readers start here !!!

We so enjoyed meeting up in Kington and I so enjoyed hosting that we are eager to repeat both experiences........ but one somewhere more accessible than Herefordshire for a whole week in the Autumn where we can all get together under fewer roofs fewer miles apart ....... ideally near an airport so our overseas family can join in too..... Doug has started a thread for that meet ......

Meanwhile, we thought a Spring meeting here in Kington. ......a reunion for some......... a fresh meet for others........ and just for a [long?] weekend......would keep the watercolour washing :D

I could host as before ...... and folk could B&B or look for selfcatering accomodation IN Kington or.. and from the original thread now

Easter is early next year(2005). so consulting my Montana Calandar ( thanks Pam........didnt find it till the end of the week and you were travelling!! Should have pmd you before now) Im going to suggest, for starters, the weekend between earth day and professionals day :evil: :wink2:

Its not the week of my birthday but I dont mind belated celebrations However it IS the weekend of a FULL MOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that safe?

I have a suggestion......... hows about Alan ( whose gifting them that lovely painting) approaching the Brave Old Oak and see if theyd do a reduction job -lot on accomodation for that weekend (23/24th April) or the one before (the one after will run into the May Bank Holiday so not a good idea)................ Im assuming they do have accomodation? Then at least the lock-ins would be legit

So , lets start another list of who'd like to return to Kington, whether the dates suit and where and for how long youd like to stay........ we only have 6 months to plan this one :eek:

I'd see it as being more painting focussed than the last.......... and would hope to join in activities more...... but if we're closer together that shouldnt be a problem like last time.........might even join you in the pub :D

OK folks......... over to you........ I think Dougs already on the list.... Stitcher too? Madmum I guess :D Who else then : Pat & Sharon? Millie/Winnie?

Roll up, roll up........

Oh ..... I will check that theres nothing 'big' [ie bigger than us] on in Kington at the time..........

Kate Mc
10-14-2004, 05:13 AM
Kate??? Dan??? I think yes! But I have to check with Dan--we're starting to think about travel plans for next year :D

Kate

madmum
10-14-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi JT :D I just replied to Doug's thread, now yours :D

These dates are great for me, I'll need to start pretending I don't want to come so Stephen can persuade me that I really should ;) If you need to change dates, don't make it Easter weekend as we have a wedding in Lancashire!

Ruth

Yorky
10-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Yes, JT put both Ruth and I on the list.

Doug

joemajury
10-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Sorry, I can't attend this one, but the September one is a must.

Joe
:wink2: :wink2:

Roun2it
10-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Well never bin to that neck of the woods. AND.........it would be my birthday weekend too, so I'm excused bringing a pressy!! :evil: I'll talk to Pat about where to stay, I'm a beer swilling night owl, so I think she'd be better clued up. Lock-in sounds good. So suppose someone must stay at the pub.

Europa
10-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Put me and Winnie down - am sure she would be up for it - easier for me if we are in the actual pub where we will be drinking....lol...then I dont have to worry about having to leave early to take her back to accomadation = then again knowing SWMBO she will force herself to stay up just to see what I am getting up to. :angel:

Pat

jaytee
10-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Goody Goody....... RPfs hoping to join us again too...

I MUST remember to check out Kington events tomorrow..........

Yorky
11-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Any progress with the pub accommodation, JT?

Are the dates firm - can I book?

Doug

jaytee
11-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Doug. thanks for giving this a leg up. been meaning to hunt for it :D

weekend of 23/24 April 2005

seems to be quiet in Kington so lets stick with that yes?

anyone want to make it a long weekend???

Ive done nothing re accomodation .... I sort of left it to those who had already adopted the pub !!!! So, you guys.......... reached any conclusions ??

Or do you want me to go take a look? Its just a bit strange a Ive never been in there... and I think some of you have :D:D

How many folk would want to stay there ? Anyone want me to put a hold on Bell Cottage or Church House?

!!.42 and not started my challenge yet :D So wont be back for a while :D

JudyL
11-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh Goody! Put me down as a definate maybe! I hated having to miss the last one. Don't know anything about Old Oaks, or sleeping in Pubs, just want a proper loo.
JudyL

jaytee
11-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh Goody! Put me down as a definate maybe! I hated having to miss the last one. Don't know anything about Old Oaks, or sleeping in Pubs, just want a proper loo.
JudyL

WOW ........ a definite maybe :clap: ive got 3 loos , does that help :evil:

I notice we are all Stuck Up :clap: :clap: ......... nothing to do with me ...........thanks Rich if that was you....... this kept sliding away :D

No-one interested in thinking about accomodation then ?

sleeping in the churchyard are you ? :D

DominicM
11-04-2004, 02:24 PM
JT, didnt make autumn but if open to newcomers would be interested. would be open I thinnk to long weekend, need to check with work :( before confirming are these dates set in stone?

yes would need bed - reccomend anywhere nice and quiet locally?

Europa
11-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Where is Doug when you need him?? :evil:

The Burton Hotel - Mill Street, Kington, HR5 3BQ - Tel : 01544-230323

The Talbot Hotel - Bridge Street, Kington - 01544-230534

The Swan Hotel - Church Street, Kington - 01544-230510

The Royal Oak - Church Street 01544-230484

Penrhos Court - Kington - Tel : 01544-230720

Bell Cottage - Church Road, Kington - 01544-230596

Church House - Church Road, Kington - 01544-230534

Cambridge Cottage - 16 Church Street, Kington - 01544-231300

DominicM
11-04-2004, 02:28 PM
thanks Pat, we must have Xposted or you are sat hitting that refresh button

Europa
11-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Dominic - the ones in BOLD are the ones nearest to JT's house.

Pat

JudyL
11-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey, those of you who have stayed in Kington, do you have any recommendations? JJ said she liked the Church house. If they have thin walls, some might need earplugs.

BBL
JudyL

DominicM
11-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Pat...

Havent been formally invited, and need to check with work first..

Roun2it
11-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Question, which pub do we drink in?

Next Question, do they have rooms?

Another next question, who's gonna book it?

Come on guys youv'e been there ............... I know nothing!!

jaytee
11-04-2004, 08:04 PM
AMAZING WHAT A BIT OF CHEWING GUM DOES FOR A THREAD :d sORRY GUYS. DROPEED OF IN FRONT OF TV sorry caps lock!!!

Dominic .... you dont need to be invited.............just want to come :D

I dont remember the Oak being quiet last time........ WCers singing could be heard in the next door house !!! It was the pub adopted by the Kington as oppsed to Pembridge teams :evil: Ripvanblair painted them a picture. did you ever gove it to them Alan :D

Re quietness Bell Cottage next door has 3 dogs which may bark.... Church house next door 3 children who should be at boardning school !!! Geof and JJ will tell you about the walls :D cambridge cottage is between here and the Oak.. are reluctant to book too far ahead and we messed her about last time so ibooking there best be sure :) The Swan is the swankiest Hotel with the best food in Kington.......... some say.

The Burton is in the town centre and likely to be noisiest at a weekend

JJ and Judy B (Hopefulbucky) both spent one night at other B&Bs in town.

Im gonna leave you guys to book your own as youre in the UK :D overseas vistors also welcome if youre planning a spring tour not an autumn one :D and Im happy to help sort for you if needs be unless anyone else want to take on the accomodation officer role:D

I think date probably now fixed as several folk have now diaried it and are working around it...... .....

have told RPf Ivy cottages doors will be open from around noon on the Friday :D

DominicM
11-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Thanks have booked that weekend off work... I plan on being there too...

now to book a bed... too much choice....

jaytee
11-05-2004, 06:03 AM
great.........look forward to meeting you Donminic, and Judy and Kev......

There is a site for Kington accomodation that has little pics and more info........I will go find its reference for you now.......

That took a while...........theve chamged the web addres of the site !!!!

but here it is.......... all you ever wanted to know about kington :D

Kington - where to stay (http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/KTIC/KTIC/Accomodation/bb.htm)

PS something wrong on the Hotels page......... seem to have lost a few and contracted two together !!! That is NOT a pic of the Swan !!!!!

I will contact them........

RogerPf
11-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Letting you all know that Susan and I have just booked for the Fri and Sat night at the Burton Hotel.

--
Roger Pf

DominicM
11-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Letting you all know that Susan and I have just booked for the Fri and Sat night at the Burton Hotel.

--
Roger Pf

you're fortunte the 2 places I tried so far all say not booking that far in advance yet try again in January.. lol...

still I see there is a campsite, so lets see... camping in april in herefordshire.. erm I think not.. looks like I might be kipping in the car at this rate. :wink2: ..

guilliame
11-05-2004, 11:40 AM
JT :wave: Well i have been seeing my shrink on and off since i returned in sept and on my last session he put me under hypnosis really wierd sensation watching his pocket watch swing back and forth,you do like litle doggies you do like little doggies lol :evil: apparently it worked so as i know the way there and back now and as i want to play the kington golf course again and meet up with old friends and newbies so i guess i'm up for it altho as much as i liked the beacon i dont fancy driving up or down that xxxxxx long narrow winding steep hill especially late at night :D so i'll be following the thread to see who is staying where,check out prices of the b&b's,how much is the oak?.not the swan tho i'm more comfortable in my denim jacket than a tux :D

Europa
11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Think me and SWMBO will be going for the Royal Oak - seeing as the food is good there and its a nice little pub and they were very accomadating last time we were there.....lol. Also its halfway up that flaming hill going up to JT's.....lol.

Am confident that by that time I will have a car of my own otherwise I may be scrambling around for a lift for me and Winnie. :D

Dominic - which places did you ring?

Pat

jaytee
11-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Guilli........ LOL . though I had to read it a coupoe of times or three to get the drift............ got that you were returning though.......... GREAT:)

G&F had a dreadful fight on friday - in front of the builder- but the way theyve been behaving since I think hes finally established himself as top dog :D

Pat........ thought you might :D Why not ring them, find out how many rooms/beds and whether theyd do a group discount if you took them all ......

Ive just heard the SWAN contact address is NOT a misprint...... the owner has 2 !! and that the new accomodation website should be up and running for 2005 in January ........as this is Kington I wouldn't hold your breath though !! :evil:

DominicM
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Pat - list at work sorry - hav had success though - have provisionally booked into Church House - is that at bottom of hill?

Europa
11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Dominic from what i can remember - Church House is where JT's is - at the top of the hill!

Pat

jaytee
11-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Dominic from what i can remember - Church House is where JT's is - at the top of the hill!

Pat

Absolutely right ..... over the garden wall ............. but a few hundred yards after that :D and there is a pavement from door to door !!! their fieldis waht you see in all the vies of my garden :)

Roun2it
11-09-2004, 03:56 AM
their fieldis waht you see in all the vies of my garden :)

I think you've started to use your dibber to type with, either that or those mid-day tipples are not doing your typing any good. :p :D

jaytee
11-09-2004, 06:15 AM
I think you've started to use your dibber to type with, either that or those mid-day tipples are not doing your typing any good. :p :D

Kev...... hd it not occrud to yu it mite be t'end o mi paintbrush :D :wink2:

Yorky
11-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Check out www.ieSpell.com for a free Internet Explorer spell checker. It puts an icon on your IE toolbar. It's excellent as you can set it to UK English and add code for the smilies etc which the old wc! spellchecker didn't recognise.

Doug

jaytee
11-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Check out www.ieSpell.com for a free Internet Explorer spell checker. It puts an icon on your IE toolbar. It's excellent as you can set it to UK English and add code for the smilies etc which the old wc! spellchecker didn't recognise.

Doug

Drea Duug,

bit i lyke tipos.....tehy kepe mi brian bisy wking tehm ot..........nd givuz knew wrds....... :evil: :wink2:

luv

jt

Yorky
11-09-2004, 07:06 AM
I find it a chore reading some of your posts, Janet. Don't know how Jana and others cope. I could write in broad Yorkshire, but few people would be able to understand me.

Perhaps you should take off your gardening gloves before you type?

Doug

DominicM
11-09-2004, 07:18 AM
So we have one duel set up - Doug and JT at 10 paces with the 1" brush... cant wait :D

jaytee
11-09-2004, 07:28 AM
LOL... I feel a poll coming on :D

Seriously you have a legit point.. but do you REALLy think Id remember to use it ? :D I doo try and correct spelling where I think it really destroys understanding but given that clever little thing about as long as the first and last letters are right we can read almost anything Im not sure its really necesary........... lets put it to the vote !!!!

Yorky
11-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Good girl! I can read that! :D

Doug

Maffet
11-10-2004, 07:09 AM
hi hi! JT dont listen Yorky! It's till better If I'd try to write here in czech :evil: :wink2:

že by chudák Yorky nerozuměl ani slovíčko, až by z toho byl pěkně zblbly :evil: :wave: .... lol! Try it!

Yorky
11-10-2004, 07:32 AM
hi hi! JT dont listen Yorky! It's till better If I'd try to write here in czech :evil: :wink2:

že by chudák Yorky nerozuměl ani slovíčko, až by z toho byl pěkně zblbly :evil: :wave: .... lol! Try it!

You have been copying JT's typing I see ! :D

Doug

Europa
11-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Don't think am going to be able to attend this meet - we have a lot of stuff going on around then - might even be in China - also having the house rewired so will be putting a lot of stuff in storage - might be a last minute thing if we make it.

Pat

jaytee
11-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Pat :crying: :crying: :crying: try to keep 2006 free Eh ? :D

Hope you can fit Sharon in your car Doug :D

Re Royal Oak

Alan...... Esther from Bell Cottage has just told me that your painting of the Royal Oak is now professionally framed and hanging in the back bar and she is thrilled with it :) :clap: :clap:

Anyone booking in there might like to mention it :D

Yorky
11-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Yes, I'm sure we can fit Sharon in the car - we plan to arrive Friday and leave Sunday pm. Still haven't booked but think it will be the Swan.

Doug

jaytee
11-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Doug...... if the accomodations as good as the food........ fantastic !!!

I guess you're off to the states soon... so both of you have a good trip if I miss saying it nearer the time :).....

Oh and I hope you read the version I corrected specially for you and not the one you got in the e-mail :D Swear it was OK leaving me :D :evil:

guilliame
11-18-2004, 10:05 AM
jaytee ,is this the one we where we all did a little bit,i thought this was the pub one in pemberton :confused: of course we didn't go in that many pubs when we were there :evil: :D

Re Royal Oak

Alan...... Esther from Bell Cottage has just told me that your painting of the Royal Oak is now professionally framed and hanging in the back bar and she is thrilled with it :) :clap: :clap:

Europa
11-18-2004, 10:09 AM
How spooky is that Guillie - I live in Pemberton...lol....actually I think you mean the one in Pembridge - which we only went in a couple of times (ahem!!).

A few of us added a bit to that as far as I can remember but didnt Alan do one seperately of the one on the hill near JT's - was that the Royal Oak as well - ok am confused.... :confused: :confused:

Pat

guilliame
11-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey Pat,of course i meant pembridge isn't that wot i said,how wierd,i can only remember that one,hangovers shouldn't last this long should they lol :D

jaytee
11-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Guilli. you havent still got a hangover from september . shme on you :evil:

yes ... the Royal Oak is the one just down the hill from me on the RHS going into town.... the Swan is the smart one on the left almost opposite it :D

The Royal Oak is the one Jana sung in. ..well I think you all sung in . ....or dont you remeber :evil:

ripvanblair
11-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much I hope you all have a great time at the Oak and I'm glad they like their painting
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Nov-2004/3667-3667-The_Royal_Oak_Kington.jpg
I've posted it here for anyone interested

I'm looking forward to the Autumn get together but that's another thread--------------all the best -------------------Alan

Roun2it
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi, JT and others, I've done it again!!!

Just spent NY day with friends looking at holiday brochures and have booked a holiday in Mexico on 21st April, didn't think about this meet at the time, knew the other one was in September.

So whoops sorry not gonna make it. Have a nice time folks :wave:

jaytee
01-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi, JT and others, I've done it again!!!

Just spent NY day with friends looking at holiday brochures and have booked a holiday in Mexico on 21st April, didn't think about this meet at the time, knew the other one was in September.

So whoops sorry not gonna make it. Have a nice time folks :wave:

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Kev........ youjust cant go on avoiding me like this :( :(

Arnold Lowrey
03-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Sorry i wont be able to call in
I have the same excuse as last time
I'm tutoring a watercolour course at Urchfont Manor down the road 22-26 April
Urchfont is about 5 miles south of devizes
Hope the weekend is a great success
Arnold

Llyniwres
03-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi everybody. Especially jaytee.

I'm very new to WetCanvas and finding my around very gingerly! Forgive me if I put my foot in it!

I would have loved to come down to Kington from my MidWales home for the April weekend. Phil and I are returning from 2 weeks afloat (we have a share in a narrowboat - Harlequin) on the Saturday and usually Sunday is spent washing - washing - washing! (Not WC! washing, unfortunately!)

However, IF I can manage to drive over for the day on the Sunday, would that be 'in order'? Having been looking at your avatars and reading your messages and looking at your achievements, I would love to meet you all! Maybe pick up some advice both on painting and on using the WC! - if you know what I mean!

Either way, I'm wish you all a wonderful time and hope the weather will be kind! I'm sure the hospitality will be great. And no doubt there will always be another opportunity for me to join the fray. :wave:

Cheers,
Llyni!

Yorky
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Llyni, welcome to the Watercolour forums.

No need to ask, we'd be thrilled to meet a new member, JT will be along soon I'm sure. Where in Wales do you live?

Doug

Llyniwres
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello, Doug.
Thanks for your reply.... it's good to make contact with you as I get to know the WC! website. It's a bit daunting, although I'm beginning to make sense of bits of it!
I live near Welshpool in north Powys in a small country town called Llanfair Caereinion.
I have many interests (too many, really!), but art and painting is a consuming and absorbing one. I was recently asked to hold classes for a small group of ladies (including my dear Mom who's 84) and of course I am finding my own practice is improving as I do it (and there's plenty of room for that!). It pins me down to prepare and practice. Now I can't wait to explore it some more for myself. I usually spend time doing that on our boat trips and I take a lot of photographs to aid my memory. I love watercolour painting - and also acrylics, though I'm out of touch with them at the moment.
Anyway, it's all great fun, if a bit taxing. This website will inspire me, I am sure.
Cheers for now.
Llyni!

jaytee
03-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Llyni. .......how good to see you here :) Doug is spot on.......we are always delighted to meet new members.......... and now of course will be deeply disappointed if you DONT come :)

I have half a dozen chairs to pick up at Llanidloes very soon ( they've been waiting months !!! ) Perhaps we could try for a brief advance meet up then ? See if you can work out how to send me a PM :evil: and we'll talk about it ...........

Arnold........ thanks for calling by the thread......... I remember your saying you would be teaching at that time..........but Im sure there'll be another opportunity........

We have another new-ish member joining us all the way from essex with his wife.......John Kay and Jenny ( who is also keen painter) already booked in at the Burton Hotel- as are Mr & Mrs Rpf as I recall :)

So we definitely have a quorum :)

Is it too soon to get excited ? Yes........ I have walls to paint :D

JudyL
03-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi, I don't think I said I was coming to this event, getting superstitious I guess, but if I did, I will have to apoligize again. We are getting a new kitchen installed, a surprise, and it is happening then. I guess that is why I never got around to making a reservation this time. But September for sure, (fingers crossed, and knocking on wood)

JudyL

guilliame
03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Hello JT and the laundry gang :wave: :D i did mention earlier in the wash that there was the chance that i could be going to BARCELONA sometime in April,and it's just been confirmed,i fly out on sunday the 24th and return on thursday the 28th,so apologies all round, i was so looking forward to seeing e-bay cottage :D i shall miss seeing every one again and look forward to seeing all the pics of the get together.
Hopefully i will have some pics of my trip too.
Everybody take care.
Regards Guilly.

DominicM
03-29-2005, 01:07 PM
With all these "drop outs", who is still going?

I just dont fancy driving half way down the country if I am on my own...

Yorky
03-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Janet, it would help if you could post a list of definites. We have not booked accommodation yet.

Doug

madmum
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
I'll be there :D Arriving Saturday home Monday morning.

Come on people, it might be quieter but we'll still have fun, and maybe even paint ;)

Ruth

RogerPf
03-29-2005, 01:27 PM
We (Susan and I) will be around from Friday afternoon, it will be good. :)
--
Roger Pf

jaytee
03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Janet, it would help if you could post a list of definites. We have not booked accommodation yet.

Doug

Doug - your wish is my command...........

Doug and Ruth = Yorky and Stitcher = ?
Ruth = Madmum = booked
Roger & Susan = Rpf = booked Burton
John & Jenny Kay = booked Burton
Janet = Jaytee = resident
Dominic = DominicM = ?

Thats all I currently know for definite..........so come forward you others. ......weekend of 23rd April............. you know what fun we had last time :)

Open House at jaytees from friday afternoon....... easy parking, big art library, large garden with lopts of seats, views...... do ask questions if you have any..... al lwcers welcome......not just watercolourists....

DominicM
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Dominic = DominicM = Swan

jaytee
03-29-2005, 05:05 PM
great Dominic........... really looking forward to meeting you :)

geof
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Jaytee & Gang,

Just checked this thread out, I have been very quiet on the watercolour front
for a while. Angela and I are celebrating our Ruby Wedding on May 1st so
we will be preparing like mad to get ready for relatives landing from all ports
to San Francisco. Unfortunately this means we have to give this year a miss.

Wish everyone as good (or better) a time that we enjoyed last year.

Yorky
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Sorry folks, we have decided not to come to Kington in April.

Mainly financial reasons - we had to buy an electric scooter for Ruth, but also it is close to our trip to Orlando on 7th May.

Hope to join you again another time.

Doug

jaytee
04-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Geof and Doug. sad :crying: :crying: but hopefully another time ........

and Angela and Geof. Ruby Wedding. CONGRATS...... Id never have thought you were old enough ;)

looks like we're going to be a 'small but enthusiastic' group :D I know we'll have a good weekend............ WCers always do when they get together :)......... and its not too late for anyone else to join us :) Anytime over the weekend.......... even if only for a half a day......

I will make Ivy Cottage 'Open House' from , say 4.00pm Friday.......... if anyone wants me to be 'definitely' around any earlier then pm me..........

in fact if all coming could pm me with an approximate time we can fix a bit of a get-together early on to make Loose plans for the weekend........... and I can let you have phone nos, directions etc, etc............

right........ on with the midden clearing :D..........

Flattwo
04-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Hello Janet

I wish I was closer to pop in and see you all :envy:

Have a great time anyway, and as they say "small is beautiful"

Henry

Yorky
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Hope you have fine weather for next weekend, JT, so you can enjoy that wonderful deck and garden. Wish I was coming too!

Doug

Arnold Lowrey
04-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I woud have loved to have called in but as i mentioned earlier, I am teaching during the April period in Urchfont manor, near Devizes
I hope the wether is fine and it is a great success
This is where I will be
Arnold
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2005/47691-Urchfont.jpg

DominicM
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi JT,

I am travelling down on Friday, and am booked into Swan till Monday Morning, when I will be making my way home (possibly detouring into Wales for a couple of days).

guilliame
04-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey JT :wave: Just popped in to wish everyone a good time,i hope the weather is sunny and dry,and a lot of painting done,i will miss everyone,give my regards to each and all.
I am off to BARCELONA tomorrow,high noon takeoff :D ask Roger if he is going to post all the photo's :)

RogerPf
04-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I am back so here are some Photo's

This is a link to the (Roger's does photos) thread of the meet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266632

--
Roger Pf

John Kay
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
A great weekend, Jenny and I had a very productive time and enjoyed meeting everyone.
Here are the paintings I finished.

John

John Kay
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
And Here's are the two that Jenny painted.

Yorky
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Super paintings, John - good to have you aboard.

Doug

John Kay
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks Yorkie, there's such a learning curve to this forum I am struggling in the dark most of the time in awe of it's great size.
Still very glad to be aboard.

John

madmum
05-03-2005, 05:27 PM
John it was wonderful to meet both you and Jenny, and the knowledge you shared was an inspiration, thank you!

I hope you will be able to work out the way this forum works, so that we can all benefit from your experience!

Ruth

jaytee
05-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi John and Jenny....... I echo what Ruth said.........and pointed folk to the pictures here...............

Havent seen you around much since....... are you lurking??? Would be good to see some pics in the gallery ;)

I am asking for this thread to be unstuck now as it is past its sell-by date :D