PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 10/13 Show and Tell

Briatha
10-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Wow it's after 3:30AM in PA and S&T hasn't been started so here goes.

Lentils again :rolleyes:
Periwinkle Elf Rocks, Pink & Black Omens

Josie
10-13-2004, 04:21 AM
Ooooh! I love those elf rocks! Beautiful!! :clap: :clap:
Here's some more raku lentils. These colors exploded and made me a happy girl. :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/13004-MVC-006F.JPG

Tracey

JCA
10-13-2004, 05:39 AM
Faith- Elf rocks are very cool.
Tracey-The Raku colors are awesome!

Fire and Ice !
Keep the eye candy comin :clap:

Booger
10-13-2004, 06:26 AM
Very lovely beads this morning!

Trail of purties and now this freak bead.......Things were bad enough when I talked with them, but now I am dressing them up?!?!? Geez, what's next! And for the record, Sister Scary here doesn't look anything at all like my real sister. She wouldn't be caught dead in such a hat.........

:evil:
Which Booger?
Sheryll Booger

nursekatie
10-13-2004, 06:33 AM
Faith...I love your lentils.....the egg ones are gorgeous!!

Jo.....Don't ya love that raku?? Those turned out soooo good!!!

The Boogers!! What a team!!! You guys ROCK!!! I love your fire beads Jim and that witchy poo is AWESOME!!!

Hmmm...I must have been hungry when I named the first to.....my hot cocoa set (doesn't it look warm and inviting?? LOL) Cocoa, opal yellow and color frits. Then Orange Sherbert.....with Translucent yellow......orange frit and some yellow sparkling frit on top!! Then a simple Ivory with SIS dots...there are dots in 4 rows around the bead...can't tell that by the pic.....and of course it was etched......then off course...more R 108!!!

Steph'sBeadCorner
10-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Faith- love the periwinkle color combo and the pink is beautiful too!
Tracey-Yes, the Raku POPPED wonderfully, great job!
Jim - awesome colors, love the blue background!
Sheryll - they aren't talking back right?? LOL.. LOVE that hat on her.. and the finger coming out of the top - wonderful job!!

OK, I finally took the plunge and posted these on eBay. I hope it's not too late to be putting up Halloween beads, but sometimes the muse just doesn't have control over these things! AND I figured out how to put a link in my sig line.. it's a good day. :D

Candy corn are Bullseye glass, thank you to WC'ers for the recommendation. Galaxy beads are base black, with random white dots and black dots placed over them to make the moon, rolled in silver foil and encased. Witch hats have gold aventurine lining the hat.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/34343-halloween03.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day too!!

Steph

Steph'sBeadCorner
10-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Hmmm...I must have been hungry when I named the first to.....my hot cocoa set (doesn't it look warm and inviting?? LOL) Cocoa, opal yellow and color frits. Then Orange Sherbert.....

these are definately making me hungry! and they have such rich tones and classic design. Beautiful!!

Foofaraw
10-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Briatha ~ do you ever sleep???? I always love the elf rocks!
Tracey ~ Yeah, i'd be happy if my Raku did that too!!!
Jim ~ someday I will own one of those, I love them!
Sheryll ~ my little one took one look at that bead and said, "mom please don't make beads like that, they creep me out!" lol
Katie ~ Ohhhh I love the tangerine bead, looks good enough to lick!
Steph ~ great job on the candy corn and the ghosts are adorable!

Here's my set from yesterday, Colors in the Night, black base, white, amber, and a hand mix of frits as well as some silver leaf. I love this set and I don't know why!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/19877-Colors-of-the-Night.jpg

bubbasjewels
10-13-2004, 07:42 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Gorgeous beads!!!

Sheryll where did you get the picture of me to make that bead?

nursekatie
10-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Here's my set from yesterday, Colors in the Night, black base, white, amber, and a hand mix of frits as well as some silver leaf. I love this set and I don't know why!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/19877-Colors-of-the-Night.jpg

Maybe because it is gorgeous!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(did ya get the tulips???)

jeffwelsh23462
10-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Good wednesday everyone! Everyone's glass looks great..... here's my show n tell for today... just 2 seadragons and a few dichroic pendants.
Looking for SUGGESTIONS.... i am trying to decide another kind of animal pendant to make like the sea dragons, any suggestions would be appreciated. I know several people have emailed me about turtles. :clap:

GinnyHampton
10-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone . . . yummy stuff!! I love sister scary and Katie, the colors you get are amazing :)

Here's a new necklace . ... I found these hot pink shell beads and they go perfect with rubino!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3979.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3970.JPG

And a strand of smaller beads (well, small for me!) to match a hollow vessel I made awhile back. Base is opal yellow, twists of frit and lauscha olive!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3969.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/16244-DSCN3960.JPG

Have a great Wednesday!!

CorvetteJuliet
10-13-2004, 08:17 AM

Amozoo
10-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Good morning, Creepie crud! I forgot to turn off my kiln last night! or thought I did ~ must have hit start again intead of off boo hiss~ anyway, here is a set from yesterday.

swamperfolk
10-13-2004, 08:36 AM
WOW Ginny, great beads and vessel--- funny, I worked with copper green and opal yellow last night and didn't like how bright the copper green was so I planned on using the olive instead tonight and here you have shown me what it could look like. Great look - I like it.

Everyone else - you stuff is getting prettier and prettier all the time.

McDuck
10-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Very lovely beads this morning!

Trail of purties and now this freak bead.......Things were bad enough when I talked with them, but now I am dressing them up?!?!? Geez, what's next! And for the record, Sister Scary here doesn't look anything at all like my real sister. She wouldn't be caught dead in such a hat.........

:evil:
Which Booger?
Sheryll Booger

:eek: OH and here I thought it was a self portrait after finally meeting you last weekend!

Great beadies everybody and keep up the good work. One day soon i may have more glass to post. And some more krel froggies and geckos. ;)
-Mary...errrr...McDuck

GinaJ
10-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Awesome beads today!!!!!!!!
Here's mine, made with my new Zoozii Lentil press (love it!):

dogmaw
10-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Good wednesday everyone! Everyone's glass looks great..... here's my show n tell for today... just 2 seadragons and a few dichroic pendants.
Looking for SUGGESTIONS.... i am trying to decide another kind of animal pendant to make like the sea dragons, any suggestions would be appreciated. I know several people have emailed me about turtles. :clap:

Jeff,

I want to see octopussies!!!

Jo

KariFL
10-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Another great Show and Tell!

Here's mine for the day, ivory black and gray.

Kari

tulips
10-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Just beautiful everybody! Green and blue poked beads from me today. I made purple and red too but forgot to take the pictures! Maybe later today.

tulips
10-13-2004, 09:38 AM
HMMM, that doesn't look right. Let me try again.

Josie
10-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Jeff,

I want to see octopussies!!!

Jo

Bwahaha!! Woo hoo! You made me giggle. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Snort. Wahaha!! Isn't it octopi? :wink2:
Teeheehee!

Tracey

mperaza
10-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone - what lovely beads - Yep - even your's Sheryll!!!
I finally got to play for a little while yesterday. Finished off a 30 bead order (sculpted florals) - I'm only showing colors I haven't shown before - (don't want to bore anyone). I also received my newest zoozii press so I made a few beads with that.

Have a great day all!
Marilyn

double S
10-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Wonderful S&T today. Not as much Raku for us Raku challanged folks.
Here is one set, out of 4 I made yesterday, that I am really happy with.
Alchemy- silver foil, pink tourmaline, goldstone, some cheap green glass
Lisa

amy fgb
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh Wow - all these raku beads are making me drool. I just ordered some yesterday, and it's killing me to see all the gorgeous beads! I can't wait!

Here's my very first set of "pillow beads". I'm finally breaking out of the "round-bead" thing, although I think it will always be my favorite shape. Anyhoo, here are the pillows (I just listed them last night)...

Amy

CharleneN
10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Wow there are some seriously beautiful beads today! My breath was taken away as soon as I started looking at the posts. Thanks for sharing everyone!
Here is a very modest contribution from me.

Rose Leslie
10-13-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm late with this post today. Oh well better late than not. I have a floral that is made with a raku stringer flower. It is different. Still haven't gotten it right. :D Also aa little worm snake or what ever and a galaxie floral with silver foil.

amealer
10-13-2004, 12:45 PM
As usual, today's S&T is beautiful....

I've always loved MargaretZ's "biologicals", and this is my first attempt at a similar bead. Its all Moretti glass; navy (?) base covered completely with silver leaf, irregular dots of white, partially melted in, dotted with transparent yellow partially melted in, then transparent red almost completely melted in, then marvered to smooth and sort of reshape. It is certainly not in Margaret's league (or most of the other artists on this board) but it is another example of one artist's work inspiring a "newbie" to try something different!

Thanks to all....

dogmaw
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Teeheehee!

Tracey

That was the idea. :evil: Maybe it is octopods? You never know what is going to come out of my mouth. :D

Jo

p.s. That red dinosaur egg bead above this post is to die for! Much better than my newbie beads.

glassyeyed
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Teeheehee!

Tracey

Yep. Raised eyebrows here............ :D
Hee hee.

CalmWaterStudio
10-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Wow! Wonderful work everyone! Never a day goes by that I cannot WAIT to sign on here and see what everyone is doing!

I've been playing with raku and other frits recently... they're so addictive. Cats and a vessel for me today...

beachbeads
10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Lovely show, hard to pick a favorite but Nurse Katie those bottom beads rock! Here's a bottle stopper, used my peacock tail frit for it, Moretti ivory glass base. Good day, Sheila