PDA

View Full Version : One Colorful Massage !!!!!

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Hello all,
Just thought I would show you a piece that I am proud of. Let me know what you think. I love glass and this is one of my favorite ways to let me creative juices flow. :evil:

Tattoodfreek Paul

tattoodfreeks fun ebay stuff (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

!ngridh
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I need a shower...a long one...will be back!

Crazy Woman
10-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Would that be a COLD shower ??? :evil: :rolleyes: :p

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 09:04 PM
OOPS!!

I was going to put this under the showcase section.

Don' know where my head is

Tattoodfreek Paul

tattoodfreeks ebay thangs (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

dogmaw
10-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Very nice! You will be giving Mr. Smiley a run for his money. :evil:

Jo

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Mr. smiley's work is great so thank you for the compliment Jo

Tattoodfreek Paul

tatts thangs on ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

Mr.Smiley
10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Very nice! You will be giving Mr. Smiley a run for his money. :evil:

Jo

*running around looking for my money* :D

Nice work Paul... Can't wait until tomorrow. Should we name the thread show down at high noon? Meet you on main street... pilgrim. (say the preceding in a really bad John Wayne voice. It's funnier that way.)

Paul and I have been doing the show down for a long time. We've shared the same bay and we get along as good as competitors can. ;) So if'in any body get's the idea that we're being any thing but nice... they're wrong. I like his work and if I didn't have access to all the toys I could ever possibly want... I'd have some of his.

I really am going to bed. I'll see you all in the AM. Take care man. Again... I'm glad you are here. You can share some of the "adult" item heat. Safety in numbers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beth Myers
10-12-2004, 09:36 PM
OOPS!!

I was going to put this under the showcase section.

Don' know where my head is

Tattoodfreek Paul

tattoodfreeks ebay thangs (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

LOL!
Gonna have to move you Paul, hang on tight, close your eyes if it helps........
Beth

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks again beth,

That was a wild ride!!! LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome Smiley.

Tattoodfreek Paul

Little bit of the bay (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

Beth Myers
10-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Paul,
I have to confess, that was Lenda. We are both so new and learning the ropes, I chickened out and dared her, and having the boys that she does, she just goes for it...LOL! :D
So Lenda, high fives on the first move, and here's to Paul, for giving us all experience...LOL! :D :clap:
Anyone want me to practice on their threads.....lol! :evil:
And Paul, you were my first Hineycon! :p
Beth

bjcohan
10-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Nice toy, Paul.

And, by the way, I wandered over to the Bay and checked out your pendants. GORGEOUS!!!!!

I didn't see your stuff at BeadFest. Were you there?

Barb:cat:

ValorieCox
10-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Lovely boro work Paul, thank you for sharing. :)

Val

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks Barb,

No I was not at Beadfest. I need to get out more. I spend most of my time in my studio and at my electrical job. Hopefully if I get out to some stores I can lose the electrical job!!! The rest of my time away from work is spent with my wife and kids. And that never seems to be enough. Now I have WC to fit into my daily plans. LOL

Thanks again for the great feedback, all of you.

tattoodfreek Paul

surfin in da bay ? (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

delsie
10-12-2004, 10:23 PM
gee paul, wouldn't wanna run into you in a dark alley :evil:

great work, even if it does scare me. Don't wanna imagine what my dreams are going to be tonite. :D

Adele

Paul Katherman
10-12-2004, 10:56 PM
You are in luck I don't like dark alleys. LOL. Goodnight everyone I hope all of your dreams are multicolored swirls of enjoyment.

Tattoodfreek Paul

ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

KSS Lampwork
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Has anyone noticed the ebay location for Paul? Mount Joy!!!!

WillowMajestic
10-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Has anyone noticed the ebay location for Paul? Mount Joy!!!!

LOL!! :D

!Karen
10-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Nice colors, great work!

And this pendant looks like it has embers burning inside - wonderful!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2004/33050-paulpendant.jpg

dreambead1
10-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Ok, i just need to tell you guys this! i was looking at this thread at work[I'm a charge nurse in a psych hospital] and my boss snuck into work just as I had the whole gang checking out the merch...Busted! I lifted my head high and said in my snooty voice "good god, woman, it's art" :angel: So maybe I'll get to give up my straight job after all! [After she left I showed everyone Mr. Smileys work. We all love both of you!] :clap:
ginarae

Lehcar
10-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks for showing it! It is lovely and look at those colors! :D

Paul Katherman
10-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Thank you to all of you.

My intention was not to cause anyone to lose there job.LOL But thank you for the great story.

This is so much fun I couldn't wait to get home to read all of your threads.
I have seen so much beautiful glass here . What an inspiration this place is.

Tattoodfreek Paul

Tattoodfreeks ebay thingies (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm)

Zonnestraaltje
10-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Awww, man! I was kind of looking forward to the dark alley thing, especially after someone pointed out that you are in Mt. Joy. I'm over here in York. LOL! :evil:

I can imagine if you and Mr. Smiley were in a real showdown what your weapons would be.... I can hear it now..."Draw, partner!" "Ooooh, nice!" ha ha ha ha ha :evil:

Magnificent coloring. You really know how to get the most out of boro. Can't wait to see more! :clap:

snootyvixen
10-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Great colors!!

I love the fact that it took both Beth and Lenda to make it move! Just how heavy ARE those things???

vikki

Mark Wilson
10-14-2004, 01:59 PM
i guess i don't get it. two threads, and thousands of view for this glass, glass dildo's. i am sorry, i do not like your colors, all mixed up. they all look the same to me. and you use for your "art" has no merit. yes it is functional "art" but i think it is a waste of your talent and time. it blows my mind, how i can post some beautiful glass art and i get one or two responses, but this krap gets tons of responses. i guess it is the fact that people like to talk about sex.

Mr.Smiley
10-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Do you need some attention Mark? Are you feeling lonely? Do these ladies pay more attention to somebody else? :envy: :envy: :envy: I'll go find one of your show and tells and toot your horn... Maybe it will cure your need for attention. :D

Do you need a tissue?????

Lenda
10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
i guess i don't get it. two threads, and thousands of view for this glass, glass dildo's. i am sorry, i do not like your colors, all mixed up. they all look the same to me. and you use for your "art" has no merit. yes it is functional "art" but i think it is a waste of your talent and time. it blows my mind, how i can post some beautiful glass art and i get one or two responses, but this krap gets tons of responses. i guess it is the fact that people like to talk about sex.
Hmmmm first off I must have missed the SEX talk part of this thread? (darn it!) And I find it kinda rude of you to have posted your feelings this way Mark. Since you started a "critique" of this piece of art, maybe you should finish it with how you would prefer it to be, what colors you would have preferred etc. Please keep in mind, we are all different, no two the same in thought or mind, and personally if I don't like it and wasn't asked for a critique, I keep it to myself. :eek:

Unfortunate.

Beth Myers
10-14-2004, 03:36 PM
....people like to talk about sex.

OH Heck Mark,
This is about as close to sex as I get.... :evil: !
Beth

Paul Katherman
10-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Don't look at my krap. That is what I meant to say. I thought you called it junk. :crying:

Tattoodfreek paul

tattoodfrees Krap (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads)

Paul Katherman
10-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Wow!!!!

Did not see that coming . Does someone feel left out?

Maybe this is what mark wanted, just someone to notice him. I can not believe that someone would have the guts to insult someone like this.

JUNK ?????

Ok dude. If you would have any grasp on the meaning of art you would not have said anything.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY ART THAN DON'T LOOK .

It is obvious that there is people that do like it so by saying what you said is insulting more than just a couple of people. Also people like you and your negativity should not even be posting anything. :envy: :envy:

Tattoodfreek Paul

my junk!!! (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads)

Paul Katherman
10-14-2004, 04:46 PM
somehow my responses got all mixed up just like my colors.

Silly Me. :D

Tattoodfreek Paul

ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/Tattoodfreeks-Pendants-and-Beads)

FusionGlassworks
10-14-2004, 08:56 PM
all i can i say that from one Boro worker to another that is one nice peace of work Keep it up and maby next round ill show one of mine Peace and Keep it hot Jeff

dread
10-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I love the multi colors Paul its beautiful - I for one really appreciate that you can get them to strike so beautifully and not overwork them !
You really make me wish I had a bigger torch to play with (did I say torch ?)
Ok its not a bead or a vessel or a cup or plate - its different that you and Mr. Smiley are posting - - I love everything on WC from everyone - new and old - its just beautiful to the eye - I love it

Paul Katherman
10-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks dread, and everyone else for the great responses.

Get a bigger torch Dread, you won't regret it. :wink2:

I have spent the day working with double amber purple and trying to get just the right color by striking it and I never got the same result twice. Very frustrating, but I did get some cool beads.

I can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Mr.Smiley
10-16-2004, 10:05 PM
What torch are you on Paul?

Amozoo
10-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Paul, I think it's great to post this item. It is the sexual center which is the source of our creativity! I like your magic wand, er what ever you called it. Very nice!

Paul Katherman
10-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey smiley,

I use a Red Max, but want a mirage . I just don't have the 2000$ to drop right now. :crying:

Thanks Amoret I am glad to see that there is open minded people here.

richsantaclaus
10-16-2004, 11:14 PM
What sex toy?????

All I saw was a giant toothpick!

or, maybe a glass plant poker decoration...lol

DesertDreamer
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Beautiful work, Paul!

I'm curious, since I'm considering upgrading from a Midrange to a Red Max (via conversion kit), what don't you like about it? I like my Midrange, expecially with a hush tip on the premix, but sometimes it's a little fussy and slow with large boro. But I started boro on a Minor, so I'm still grateful for what I've got.

Paul Katherman
10-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Beautiful work, Paul!

I'm curious, since I'm considering upgrading from a Midrange to a Red Max (via conversion kit), what don't you like about it? I like my Midrange, expecially with a hush tip on the premix, but sometimes it's a little fussy and slow with large boro. But I started boro on a Minor, so I'm still grateful for what I've got.

It is not that I do not like the the Red Max it is just not big enough. I want to go large and really melt some boro fast and it takes a large torch. The red max is a really nice torch. I have used it for a long time and I just want something faster for melting boro. If I was to tell you a the torch to buy I would tell you the Red Max is great. It has a major minor set up and perfect for a step up from a minor only.