PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

TiffanyRae
10-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Howdy. I'm new to wc and I connot wait to get some feed back on my work. I've been working with acrylics for about a year and I think I'm starting to get a handle on things. This is Mariyln, she's the first in a series of pin up girls I'm doing.

Thanks for taking a look.

Bertoni
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Tiffany: Welcome to WC!!!
Marilyn's a wild looker and I think well painted! :)

Charlie's Mum
10-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Welcome to WC! and the Acrylics forum Tiffany - hope you find a comfortable home here! :)
Some nice colour work here, and patterning.....though I'm not sure what you're trying to convey about the hands and feet - webbing perhaps?

TiffanyRae
10-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. :wave:

TiffanyRae
10-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah the hands and feet are supposed to be webbed. I had the most trouble with them and i kinda gave up. :crying: Any suggestions?

Lady Carol
10-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi Tiffany,

You have a great sense of colour and you are certainly not afraid of using it. She is very interesting and provokative.

Welcome to acrylics. Hope to see more of your work here in the near future

HRH Goldie
10-13-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi Tiffany and welcome! :wave:
What a first post and such an individual style :clap: :clap: :clap: .
You have painted this so well it would be a shame to give up on the hands and feet.
I went back and had another look at your painting and it seems that you have got too light a shade between fingers and toes. These would naturally be a darker tone as they would be in shade. You can also suggest shape and more form by strategic placement of shadows. My only advice would be try a darker shade or colour and that should be about all it needs.
Well done and hope this helps.

Christine

TiffanyRae
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks! That does help a lot. And now I am off to mix.

colours_man
10-14-2004, 07:36 AM
What an interesting, different type of picture. I like it.
I am interested in what you are trying to convey here. What were you source materials? Imagination, a photo? I like the sense of heat in the body, against the cool background.
She sizzles,
Nick