PDA

View Full Version : Clear Acrylic Gesso

Pilan
10-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Hi all, has anyone used the clear acrylic gesso yet? I purchased a bottle of it and I am going to use it on wood and paper.

P

Bertoni
10-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Pilan:
What is the brand of the clear acrylic gesso? Don't think I've heard of that type of gesso before. Wonder if it's like acrylic gel medium?? :)

Pilan
10-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Bertoni, i did apply it too some fabriano today. It is more texture like and it does feel sort of like the gel medium on paper.

It is liquitex brand and I am going to apply it on wood and paper to oil and acrylic paint.

I felt the same before, never heard of it until an artist from my church said he bought some. That was earlier this year.

Anyway its by liquitex. I think I like it so far.

P

Charlie's Mum
10-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Will you keep us posted please a to your recommendations? Sounds OK!

Pilan
10-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Yes I will. I will be letting you know by weeks end.

P
Will you keep us posted please a to your recommendations? Sounds OK!

JamieWG
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Pilan, I love your new avatar! Funny thing....I just bought a container of it a week or so ago. Marc Hanson's been playin' around with it, gessoing watercolor paper for oil paintings. I haven't tried it yet, but will also report on how that goes. Right now I'm on a kick of making his panel recipes with acrylic modeling paste, gesson, pumice, and the kitchen sink. ;)

Jamie

quirky
10-13-2004, 04:19 AM
I use Matisse Derivan Transparent Gesso. That is an Australian brand. It puts a very fine texture on the paper. It is wonderful for drawing in charcoal and pastel. It gives the paper (or surface) 'tooth' and you can really get stuck in to putting lots of your charcoal or pastel on the surface.