PDA

View Full Version : What I've been up to...

timelady
10-31-2001, 10:20 AM
Well, I've hardly had any time to visit in the past couple weeks! Except for brief clicks on art business each day I've just been too busy... taking down my solo exhibition, preparing for an exhibition in December along with several other little shows and competitions. Then a friend and I were asked (actually she was asked, got nervous about timing and asked me if I wanted to join in) to do an exhibition in Greenwich. Very exciting but very short notice, and 3 weeks before our open studios. Can you say "aaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaack!" Heh.

So here's some of my latest work. I've been experimenting with acrylics and combining watercolour type work with solid brushwork on top. I'm really liking it. These are both 12"x12" (going through a square phase)

http://www.tina-m.com/art/new.jpg

Just wanted to share, I've been missing the forums!
Tina.

timelady
10-31-2001, 10:22 AM
Oh, and the right one has some collage with pieces of canvas on top of the full canvas. Very fun! :)

Tina.

kelly
10-31-2001, 02:52 PM
Very strong Moody stuff Tina...Are they supposed to represent opposites?

colorme
10-31-2001, 03:32 PM
my favorite one is the one on the right, very nice colors.

timelady
10-31-2001, 06:01 PM
Nope, not opposites but they happen to be of the same thing (vaguely). Both are still inspired by the waterfront of the river and we have this little dome-topped building that leads down to the pedestrian tunnel under the river. So it's sort of there in the left pic (was an afterthought there and the composition needed something to break up the horizontals), and it's obvious in the right (then the other side of the river is the background). Of course, the building isn't blue or all red.

I'm loving this washy effect with acrylics - much much stronger colours than watercolours and I can also put in heavy brushstrokes. Ah! Just finished another one at a class this evening and am going to glue paper strips over it with some paste mediums underneath to make them bumpy! I was just using the painted strips to work out the composition and then one guy thought I should actually put them in the painting. See, *this* is why I still go to local classes! :D :D :D

Tina.

kayemme
10-31-2001, 10:48 PM
i don't normally like to comment this way, however.. these are so stunning that i couldn't help myself from responding.

what fabulous texture and colour choices...

my only concern, but this is said from an "online" perspective, is that the one on the left's horizontal band may be a bit strong... this is really difficult to say without viewing "live" so my guess is that it's a monitor difference...

absolutely gorgeous and sophisticated.

yours,
k