PDA

View Full Version : first attempt

thandi
10-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone

I came accross this site and was inspired to paint. I think the work here is really great. I used to paint in high school about 7 years ago. So this is my attempt to try and get back into it. Its acrylic paint and a bit of coloured pencils on the outlines.

All help appreciated.

ExpressiveAngie
10-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Even tho its your first attempt in a while - its obvious you know how to paint.
My advice...keep painting... :D

jbitzel
10-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Your loose style works with this one. By the way I am in the same boat having taken a 7 year layoff. But being here in WC! for a couple months I have improved what I did in highschool by far. Good luck and keep at it. James :wave:

Marty C
10-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Thandi,
Welcome to Wet Canvas and to the Acrylics Forum :wave:
I glad WC provided the inspiration for you, the result is certainly very good for a first attempt. There is lots to keep the eye interested in this, and the standard you have shown promises much for the future. So welcome to the wonderful world of art and acrylic painting, I'm sure you will have a ball!

Lady Carol
10-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Whimsical and wonderfully done. Congrats on your return to painting. I hope you enjoyed it enough to keep it up. You will certainly make valuable contributions with examples like this.

bjcpaints
10-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi thandi,
Yes, It shows that you know what you are doing even if it has been awhile.
Glad you are here and I'm sure you will enjoy the interaction.
Barbara

damar
10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Welcome to WC :wave: and hope you will be able to post many more! Wet Canvas has a great image library if you need/want subject matter for future paintings. Careful thought, WC is habit forming! :)

Charlie's Mum
10-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Welcome to WC! and the Acrylics forum!
Your painting is very lively, good composition and vibrant colour. :clap: :clap:
You obviously haven't forgotten how to use paint!
Well done - more please! :D

HRH Goldie
10-13-2004, 05:45 AM
Welcome and congrats on your first post of your work. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Warning - This is addictive so consider yourself warned lol.
You have a lovely painterly style that would appear to come naturally to you.
I look forward to seeing many more in the future.

Christine

Donald_Smith
10-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi,

Nice Painting! You certainly have a style all your own. I like it. I looks a little folkish. Clean crisp lines, good brush strokes and composition. I like the way you handle your paints, with the nice gradations.

Great first painting after 7 years! :clap:

Don

joa
10-15-2004, 03:51 PM
I like it--lots of energy, and good handling of paints. Welcome back to painting after 7 years--I stayed out even longer (26 yrs), and am really enjoying it.

Jo

Chiers
10-15-2004, 03:59 PM
I would never have guessed it is a first after so long a break. Very good use of color and a promising loose style. I like it.

gnu
10-15-2004, 04:17 PM
love the dram light and paeltte in this..almost a Cezanne feel to it with the outlining..
welcome here, look forward to more.. :clap: :clap: :wave: