PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 10/12 S&T

Teri.p
10-12-2004, 04:47 AM
What? No S&T thread yet? It's practically the middle of the day!

Black with a buncha frit - R-108, Iris Gold, and a mix of purples/lilac.......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/23019-040655b.jpg

Teri

Lori Peterson
10-12-2004, 05:13 AM
Beautiful beads, Teri!!!
I've just got a couple of heads.
I used opaque sage, ivory and black.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/12192-DSC06036.jpg
p.s. They are supposed to be cats but my husband said, "Cute dogs" and I think the top one looks a little like a teddy bear. :rolleyes: :D

nursekatie
10-12-2004, 05:17 AM
Teri I love them! Very nicely shaped!!!

Lori....Before I read what you wrote....I thought...what cute teddy bears!! I wouldn't have guessed cats........but they are cute teddy bears!!!

I have been having fun with cane flowers. Of course I always love organics .....and 2 of these are copper green base with R 108 stringer....and both came out COMPLETELY different!!!

JoyceMI
10-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Teri-
I love the black set with the mix of frits. I seem to love anything on black!

Lori- Very cute! I had to laugh because I too was trying to decide wether they were cats or bears! We'll just say theres one of each :D

Katie- Great organics from you. I also love the florals. Very nice!

Here is a few from me- The last one I am not too sure about, is was one of those beads that is not going like you want and it just keeps sort of evolving and your not sure what it is! It is large and I finally just smashed it with my bead squeeze! LOL

jeffwelsh23462
10-12-2004, 07:01 AM
good tuesday everyone!!! :wave: love the bears lori they are too cute!!! :wink2:
here are my items today.. 2 dichroic sea dragons made with multi color strips of dichroic and colored glass and 3 pendant made with dichroic abstract glass rounds and a dichroic anhk image also made with colored glass.hope everyone has a terrific day!!! :wave:

glasglas
10-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Boy, I just love seeing the S&T every morning. Such a wide variety of beautiful styles! Scott's been playing with raku, with some luck but not mastery of it yet. Meanwhile, I'm loving what you all are doing with it.

We put up a few new auctions yesterday. The cobalt and ivory with SIS has a hollow sphere focal. The purple vessel is seeded glass (? brand) and one of Val's frits. The ballerina was made on request of our 6 y.o. daughter, a ballerina-princess-nurse-to-be. The foil-blue-turquoise is one of my favorite styles. I'm working on getting Scott to make some less well endowed goddesses, but it seems to go against his nature. :wink2: (hineycon for goddess)

Sorry, I don't remember if I mentioned before, but pictures and description of our trip to Italy are at our website, as is an entirely new gallery page, in case anybody'd like to have a look.

Today's our 13th anniversary. What a sparkling autumn it's been so far! Have a good one, all!

- debbie (and scott)

glasglas
10-12-2004, 07:27 AM
A few more auctions, including a mamabead, doodle set of turquoise and evil purple, and a petite vessel with wraps of blue.

- debbie

Josie
10-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Yummy eye candy this morning!
Katie~ you wouldn't want to give a quick tutorial on those cane flowers would you? I've been dying to do them but everything I try looks pretty gross. ;) I can't seem to figure out how to do it. :confused:

Here's a set made with my new favorite frit purple rose. Pic. is kinda cruddy, sorry.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/13004-MVC-006F.JPG

Tracey

Itzallmyne
10-12-2004, 07:45 AM
WOW! DOUBLE WOW!

You have all outdone yourselves! Incredibly delicious eye candy today! Thank you for the show! :clap: :clap:

Marilyn

Josie
10-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Have no idea why this double posted so I'll just get rid of the repeat.
Bring on more eye candy! :evil:

Tracey

nursekatie
10-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Yummy eye candy this morning!
Katie~ you wouldn't want to give a quick tutorial on those cane flowers would you? I've been dying to do them but everything I try looks pretty gross. ;) I can't seem to figure out how to do it. :confused:

Here's a set made with my new favorite frit purple rose. Pic. is kinda cruddy, sorry.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/13004-MVC-006F.JPG

Tracey

Tracey....I was in the same boat and I just played until I got it. I am pretty sure that Corina is going to have some tutorial on canes and florals in her spotlight on Florals.....but until then......this is what I discovered.....

1. The cane matters. To get a nice variation I make canes like I make the vine cane. I use a base say of purple then put pink stripes around it and encase it with another lighter purple. (now remember, I could be all wrong here, this is just what I found to work) The orange flowers are actually mango encased with transparent red. So, I guess I am saying....think about what you want the flowers to look like in the end and base your canes on that.
2. I melt a nice little blob at the end of my cane and sort of push it down on the bead and swipe down. I don't stay in the flame, I do it outside of the flame. Because I want the hard end of the stringer to help form the petal (does that make sense?) The other thing I discovered was that when I use a vine cane for the vines....I also do a swipe on each side of the flower and one at the base....it sorta pulls the flower together.

I hope that helps......I am NOT an expert at it (yet :evil: ) and I am sure there are others here who can really give a great tutorial on this!! And as I said, watch for the spotlight on florals, I am pretty sure Corina has an article about canes and cane florals (just from what I have read on her site)

GinaJ
10-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Good morning, beautiful work today!!!!
Terri - great beads, that is a cool frit mixture
Lori - love the bear/dog/cats, they are adorable!
Katie - they are all beautiful, the last floral is AWESOME!
Joyce - I really like that last one, great colors!!!!
Jeff - great work, how do you get the fins so perfectly pointed on the sea dragons?
Debbie/Scott - beautiful beads! I'll bet your daughter loved the ballerina!
Josie - great work, I love the color!
Here's mine: Moretti amethyst, violet, ink blue...

Josie
10-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Tracey....I was in the same boat and I just played until I got it. I am pretty sure that Corina is going to have some tutorial on canes and florals in her spotlight on Florals.....but until then......this is what I discovered.....

1. The cane matters. To get a nice variation I make canes like I make the vine cane. I use a base say of purple then put pink stripes around it and encase it with another lighter purple. (now remember, I could be all wrong here, this is just what I found to work) The orange flowers are actually mango encased with transparent red. So, I guess I am saying....think about what you want the flowers to look like in the end and base your canes on that.
2. I melt a nice little blob at the end of my cane and sort of push it down on the bead and swipe down. I don't stay in the flame, I do it outside of the flame. Because I want the hard end of the stringer to help form the petal (does that make sense?) The other thing I discovered was that when I use a vine cane for the vines....I also do a swipe on each side of the flower and one at the base....it sorta pulls the flower together.

I hope that helps......I am NOT an expert at it (yet :evil: ) and I am sure there are others here who can really give a great tutorial on this!! And as I said, watch for the spotlight on florals, I am pretty sure Corina has an article about canes and cane florals (just from what I have read on her site)

Thanks Katie!

Tracey

Tomsanctuary426
10-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone~
Here are a few of Tom's pieces that he made yesterday. Hope everyone is doing well. It is such a beautiful day today....we sure are lucky!!!
Tom & Karen :)

Ladyhoss67
10-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Everyones beads are so good. I always wanted to do cane flower beads. I can't wait for Corina's spotlight on florals.

These are a few beads I did yesterday. They are all lentals. I figured I would final sit down and give Corina's lental tool a try.

Ladyhoss67
10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
ok what did I do wrong to not get the pics shown on here :(

craftylady
10-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Love all the eye candy! You guys have been busy. I have enjoyed watching all of you improve over the years. Thanks for sharing.

KariFL
10-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Beautiful beads everyone.

Heres part of a set of mine. Opal yellow with lots of aqua and blues, silver leaf, and copper green frit.

Moth
10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys ROCK!!!!!!!

I only have one to show today, but I am pretty happy with the color combo.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/24464-redcopperbellyo.jpg

~~Mary

Orca
10-12-2004, 11:40 AM
ok what did I do wrong to not get the pics shown on here :(

Hi Ladyhoss,
Your pictures are .psd, Photoshop files. Go into your program and resave them as .jpg. Then they'll show up just fine! ;)

Ladyhoss67
10-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Ladyhoss,
Your pictures are .psd, Photoshop files. Go into your program and resave them as .jpg. Then they'll show up just fine! ;)

Thank you EVERYBODY for trying to help me. I'm going to try again. :wink2:

Ladyhoss67
10-12-2004, 11:47 AM
WOO HOO I did it I did it Thank you guys for the help.

Rac
10-12-2004, 12:07 PM
:wave: Hi! I have been lurking for months and making beads since March. I have no idea how to post pictures but since we have a new digital camera, I do finally have some pictures. If someone will point me in the direction of the tutorial for posting, I will give it a try. I can't find it.
Carolyn

Ladyhoss67
10-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Carolyn I sent you a pm to tell you how to upload your pics

Hope it helps

Rac
10-12-2004, 01:00 PM
OK, I tried to attach something.
Carolyn

Rac
10-12-2004, 01:05 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks to both Ladyhoss and Musical Winds for telling me how. Now I guess I will have to learn to do a tinyhead as well.
Carolyn

MegannsMom
10-12-2004, 01:36 PM
OK, I tried to attach something.
Carolyn

YUMMY!!
~Cindy

scupltorgirl
10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I love the Purple Rose Powder!

Here are a couple of experiments (LOL -- please look primarily at the color, and skim the rest :wink2: ).

Linnea
10-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Lovely everyone !!! my raku is calling me.
Here are mine
Have a great day

bolimasa
10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Lovely everyone !!! my raku is calling me.
Here are mine
Have a great day

Nice to see some stained glass... mine is neglected, but not forgotted. (If only i had time in my life for all the projects in my mind!)

Is the detail along the edges ball chain? It looks very nice. But if it is, how the heck do you solder it?

beeboo
10-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Such a great thread I had to add to it. Katie's flowers call to me as well as the gorgeous purple rose powder, mmmm.....

Linnea
10-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Nice to see some stained glass... mine is neglected, but not forgotted. (If only i had time in my life for all the projects in my mind!)

Is the detail along the edges ball chain? It looks very nice. But if it is, how the heck do you solder it?

Yep it's ball chain,, you can solder ball chain with out any problems, but if you are asking HOW? I turn the finished holder on it's side and lay the ball chain next to it. After it is on I clean up the solder so it looks nice.

Starleens Studio
10-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Some florals and first stab at making bicones... -- Starleen

beachbeads
10-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Lovely show today. I mixed up new frits yesterday, this mix I call peacock feathers, it has raku and a bunch of other frit colors, and then some reptile green frit mix. All Moretti glass. Good day to all, Sheila

Sassyglassgal
10-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Wow everyone's beads are amazing, I'm going to say that the floral's I've seen on here today are one of the best, how on earth do you get so many flowers on one bead and with all the details showing up so well, awesome job. And to the first time bicone maker, awesome job, it must have taken me a couple of hours to make my first one, so be proud, it looked very proportional and beautiful. Here are some monet chintz beads, 2 pink, 2 white, and 2 periwinkle oh and I just posted them on just beads.