PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Tuesday 12th October 2004***

Roun2it
10-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Morning each,

Andrea, I was surprised to note that you didn't know that we were using your photo in this weeks challenge. When I picked the photo I sent a reply from the RIL to you, I automatically thought that you would be notified. I will now PM someone when using something from there.

Funny story:- Went out last night with Daughter, her Partner Ian and grandson Adam who is 10, went to an Italian Restaurant near where they live. Anyway, just as the waitress was bringing the soup starters,Adam says to Ian, "I was looking under your bed the other day and found a box, it says its a vibrating thingy, whats it used for?"

The waitress drops a soup, and we all choke on mouthfuls of garlic bread. Adm sits there not knowing what he has said, and why it was funny, .............poor thing no one explained to him, no one thought they could!!!!!!!! :D

BBL........got some news.

Olga
10-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Good Morning Kev, Hi AWAYTC...

Just zooming through before work. Long teaching day today and then Thursday I am off to Poland for 4 days... Since I will be gone until Sunday I should have finished my next week's round bin painting yesterday, but did not even touch it... ahhhhh.... Sunday evening is going to be interesting.....

The trip is looking interesting as well. There is a transportation strike announced for Thursday so getting to the airport (by car) will be a challenge... and Sunday, when we come back, Amsterdam Marathon is on which means half of the streets in the city are closed to traffic... so getting back will be a challenge too.

Sounds like JJ is having a great trip so far...
Hope that she and all the Canadians have by now recovered from their feasts.

Have a great day all,
Olga

Nandie
10-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Olga, have a good time in Poland! I hope the travelling won't be too much of a problem!

Kevin, I saw your note today under my piccy in the RIL.... but it doesn't show up in my pm's. Not to worry, I'm glad I know now so I can follow along! Did you see my notes on "La Bocca" in your challenge thread? LOL'ing at little Adam's innocent question.... aren't kids just the best for coming out with things like that! One day when he's old enough you'll have to explain it to him..... would make a great story to tell at his wedding! :wink2:

Oh, and thanks for your generous offer to pose for me in Pat's "trick of the eye" thread.... alas but I have a weak heart and you'd just be too much for me! Don't know if I've recovered yet from your photo... :o :D

Yorky
10-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Morning all! :wave:

A dull, dry morning here temp n mid 50's.

Just spent half an hour getting my scanner working so Ruth could take some photocopies of bead work for a sewing morning with her girlfriends. Somehow scanner had become uninstalled:rolleyes: Isn't Windows fun?

LOL Kev - red face all round :D

Still copying my videos onto DVD - sometime I'll have time to watch them!

Except for yesterdays class, no painting for a week apart from touching up a couple of old ones for the library exhibition. Don't know when I'll get down to it :(

Hi Nandie, how are you kepingthese days? How's hubby getting along with his job?

Have a good trip, Olga.

BBL Doug

painterbear
10-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Good Morning all,

It is a little before 5:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Dark as pitch outside, naturally!

Busy day planned for today. In to Wright-Patt AFB this a.m. for DH's doctor appointment, I need to do some paperwork, and grocery shopping. Home in time for lunch then off to get our flu shots in the afternoon. Soup and Sandwiches for dinner tonight after running around all day! :rolleyes:

Kev, I don't know why none of you thought of the correct answer to Adam's question—"What were you doing under the bed?" That would have sidetracked him for a while. ;) :angel:

Olga, There used to be an advertising slogan years ago (don't remember what it was for) that said "Getting there is half the fun." Bet you won't be agreeing with that one after your travel adventure. Hope you have a wonderful time, once you get there, of course.

Weaving :wave: to Andrea and Doug and AWAYTC!

Our class yesterday was very informative. Nita talked about planning colors for a painting and the different color schemes: Monochromatic, Analogous, and Complementary. I found a wonderful photo of dramatically lit pears in the IL by Sundiver to use for my studies. I did a purple monochromatic painting yesterday. Very pleased with it. Nita suggested I use the same reference for all three studies (next week we will do the Analogous one) as that would show how the different color schemes affect the outcome.

Off to check out the Gallery now.

Hope all who are hurting heal soon.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
10-12-2004, 05:40 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

On my way down to breakfast with one question on my mind - 'What exactly was the vibrating thingy???' :confused: (me being a young innocent thing and all that!)

Waving to everyone. :wave:

Leaving you with this motto -

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
champagne in one hand - strawberries and chocolate in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming, "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

BBL - love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

JudyL
10-12-2004, 05:43 AM
Good Morning, Today Steven the Builder is installing the heated towel rail in the bathroom, so we have no heat at the moment.
DH is "watching tv by osmosiss" for a while before heading to the bank and the place where we are getting plaster board. Steven's wife has put them on the "You Are What You Eat" diet, so I had not made coffee this morning. But then he told me he had gone out and gotten a Bacon Buttie already, so I made the coffee.
I had a good day yesterday in Leeds, I got the yarn I needed and more so. While I was there some pathetic example of humanity came into the shop and asked me for 50p to take the bus to go home. I said no and the ladies who owned the shop told him to talk to the bus driver. After he left they told stories of what could happen if you opened your wallet.
I did revist home via the Whopper, but forgot to ask for cheese. It is different here, they can smoke in restaurants, it is so easy to get used to no smoking places. I always associate BK and McD with a smoke free environment.
Well it will be quiet today, I will be tippitoe-ing around Jack and attempting to stay out of Steven's way. Plus it's cold.
Doug, could you take a photo of the quilt, with the 5 sided design? You might be able to figure out the pattern then.
BBL
JudyL

jaytee
10-12-2004, 06:21 AM
Good morning drookits :) :wave:

LOL at Kevs Adam and Sylvs perfect reply....

Judy Wondering about tv by osmosis :confused: Is that when you 'watch' with your back to the screen :wink2:

Olga........... sounds like a good case of 'take your travel kit' to me :D itll either act as a guarantee to get you there and back fast........... or supply you with a sketch or painting for next week s challenge :D

I think these challenge sare starting to work/take their toll :evil: Cant think of anything else but painting at the moment :D Note. ....I said 'think' :evil:

cant wait for the next pair.......... wednesday isnt it............. how youse both doing andy & sharon?

Todays challenge is get dressed by mid-day :D

HH&J &WL

Ellen in Ont
10-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Just a quick :wave: good morning on my wave out the door.
Jaytee - If I understand Judy correctly I think it is when someone is sleeping in front of the TV with it on. My DH has "absorbed" TV shows for years this way. :D

andylavallee
10-12-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm already JT , don't know where that slip of a lass has gone ,quaking in her boots I don't doubt..

Pat love it ....

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
Guiness in one hand - burger and pork scratchings in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming, "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

whatever you do it will do until the end of the last second!!!!

Horrable weather here today, Son Mark has gone for his final interview for the Navy today , Hope he contacts me soon

Mark has phoned he's got in the Navy but won't start until April next year , he happy but a bit disapointed at the time scale, but no matter he now knows where he is going

jaytee
10-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Jaytee - If I understand Judy correctly I think it is when someone is sleeping in front of the TV with it on. My DH has "absorbed" TV shows for years this way. :D

LOL...........

Popped back to say CONGRATULATIONS to Madmum who has joined the gang of reprobates aka 'Guides ' though she wont be cracking her whip here ........... shes been awarded this penance for her services to RIL......... and to prove some of us watercolourists to get elsewhere from time to time...........errrrrr.. .......elsewhere :evil: First to find where gets........ zilch :evil:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Maddie :clap: :clap: :clap:

BobH
10-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Good morning, washies!

Boy, you miss a lot if you're away from the wash for a couple days. I got back yesterday and skimmed through three missed washes. Whew! Lots goes on!

Lyn - Hooray for going bootless!

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

Sharon - LOL at the image of you throwing a contractor out the door! My dad did the same thing this summer. He called a company about getting replacement windows. When they arrived everything sounded good until he finally got them to tell him how much. It was close to $1000 per window :eek: He told them thanks but no thanks. And they proceeded to berate him for not wanting their windows! He had to tell them to get the h#@@ out of his house!

Bonnie - I saw your quilt. It's lovely!! :clap:

Doug - did I see you are participating in an exhibition? Or did I get that wrong? Good luck if you're selling your paintings. I can't imagine you having difficulty, you are a master of wc! I did laugh at you hanging all those pictures only to be told by someone with "I-know-better disease" they should be hung differently. You did what I would have done. Give over the tools and go for a beer.

Kevin - ROTFL about your story of your grandson

Judy - a heated towel bar ... ahhhhh luxury!!

Doug - I have to do something about copying videos to DVD. I have a whole series of watercolor lesson videos but no longer own a video player :o

About my mom - I don't really know what to say. I was very depressed Saturday (went right to the hospital from the airport). She really looked bad. But on Sunday she opened her eyes and looked right at me! Her face lit up, she smiled slightly and tried to say my name (I need a "happy crying" icon). But then Monday she wasn't very good again. So I don't know, I don't know, I don't know ..... She's supposed to be moved to a "rehab facility" (i.e a nursing home) this week as there is nothing actively wrong with her for the hospital to treat. I talked with the doctor Saturday. He said "I operate on people like your mother and they are starting to recover within a week. I operate on people like your mother and they are dead within a week. I operate on people like your mother and they end up in this "in-between" state and this "in-between" state is a nightmare." I appreciated his honesty but my great fear is she remains in this state for a long time ... :crying: :crying:

This week I remain very busy so that's a good thing. School today and then I have to pack again. Tomorrow I head to Baltimore for a math teachers conference. I'll be there through Saturday morning, then I will take the train to Wilmington, Delaware. My wife is driving to Univ of Delaware on Friday to see the girls. They'll pick me up and I'll get to spend some time with them and then back home on Sunday.

The 'elephant' is still paintless. It is on the bed in the guest room next to where I am typing. I can hear it breathing, breathing, breathing .... When I come back, that's when I'll get to it. Honest! :wink2:

Health and hope to all who need them.

Sharon Douglas
10-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Ahem!!!!!!!!!!!!I`m here, not quaking in my boots AT ALL!!!!!!!!!I`ve been ready since Saturday or FRiday :confused: (It`s a novelty at the moment, give it a few more weeks and I`ll be posting wet unfinished paintings...lol.
I can`t wait for Wednesday, to find out what Andy has got in store for me :D

I`ve been busy decluttering ready for works to begin, we haven`t made any definate decisions yet(still waiting on some quotes), but I want to be ready when we do start.

My mum has also been staying for a few days.
She did some more painting yesterday, 5 hours we spent, I kept trying to tempt her into having dinner or something........just so we could have a break, but she wasn`t having any of it until she finished her picture. :rolleyes: 3pm we finally had dinner.
I think I`ve created a monster :eek:

Bob, sorry to hear about your mum.
Congrats to ruth, and Mark.

Kev, funny story, but I bet your daughter would kill you if she knew that you`d told all of us what she has under her bed :eek:

Uschi
10-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Kev - never mind Adam, I am sure it wasn't one of the best moments for your daughter :o

Bob - really sorry about your mom

Olga - enjoy your trip, well apart from the getting to and from the airport

Sylvia - what a great idea to paint the same subject in all the different methods

Pat - good bit of wisdom!!!! :D

Studio cleaning time for me, it looks like a bomb has hit it.

Sending good thoughts to one and all and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

My Boston Ivy

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/10602-boston_ivy.jpg

Little Old Lady
10-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Greetings :wave:
I am in mourning after last night's football fiasco. :( :mad:
TMTRT. It took so long to read that I don't have time to comment.
Painting group this morn. Hope to continue midden work this aft.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

laudesan
10-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Good Morning. I am very sluggish this morning..;)

Congrats Ruth MM..

Gail going to work for a few hours today, I just might get my brushes wet while she is away.. Just might......... :D

I can't use my pics as her cd drive doesn't reconize my cd's, so I will use one of hers if I do..

All is well here, we are having a ball..

Huggles to all those who are ill and hurting. My thoughts are with you always!!

Christie
10-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Morning All!

Looks like it will be another lovely day here. I am off to a sketchbook journalling class at the library today. Should be interesting.

Ushi, I enjoyed the picture of you garden! That ivy is spectacular!

Sharon, my mum has paints, but won't use 'em.:( Count yourself lucky that you have created a monster.:D

Bob, it is tough to see people we love in situations like your mum is in right now. I hope that you see positive changes soon.

Ooops, kids are arriving time to start pretending to be an adult.:D

Take care.

sisangel
10-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Good Morning

I was going to make replies to several, but Bob's post really touched my heart deeply. And I can't think of much else at the moment. Bob, I want you know know that you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine going thru something as difficult as you are now. Please keep in touch with us. We care.

Bonnie G

pampe
10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Good Tuesday, Wet Ones

Spent yesterday taking an elderly friend for a LONG procedure at the clinic and then staying with her till she "AWOKE" enough to be left.

((Bob)) watching a parent go downhill is a very hard thing....give youself space a time to grieve.....be good to yourself along the way.

Hap leaves to CA today so I will be here alone for the rest of the week.....hmmmmmm

Weather is charmingly Autumn....cool nights....sunny , crisp days...HEAVEN

Blessings

Pam

ScarletLake
10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone

Don't have much time right now but wanted to tell Bob that I sympathize with your situation.

It's really hard for families to accept dramatic changes so fast in loved one. I'm hoping for her that once she gets settled in a nursing home & they get her care plan started that she will improve. Don't know if you agree but it is impossible to get any rest in a hospital. Also she will have a lot more staff checking on her throughout the day than in the hospital. That's just a reality of our healthcare system today. Also the nursing home facility physican (if that is who her care will be transferred to is used to dealing with the nurses & they get to know us pretty well. If we call them with a concern than they know that we are serious. Our physican is wonderful & will see that our residents are well cared for.

Oh, did you know that you can go online & look for medicare.gov(I beleive) & you can look up any long term facility. They will list the state reports, what deficiencies that facility received, etc. This is a great tool for families.

Anita

Ottersong
10-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi washeroos, thought I would give you an update since you all probably thought that I fell off of the edge of the world. DH brought all of my painting stuff upstairs but I just can't seem to get my brain in gear to paint, the dining room table is not condusive to painting for me, guess it will have to wait untill I can get downstairs again.

I am in physical therapy now having to learn to walk all over again, every day I get stronger . Still have to have someone in to help me with the housework as I can't stand for very long or walk very far or even bend over to pick something up. the surgeon said it will probably be the end of Nov. before I can bend over. At least this lady likes yardwork. The weeds are taking over the flowerbeds and I need to start getting the potted plants put up for the winter. Think I will just cut back some of the ones that are bi-annuals and if the winter isn't too cold maybe I can get them to bloom for anothe year.

bye for now,Otter

CharM
10-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone... I have been very distressed and :crying: :crying: :crying: since I opened my office mail this morning... I received a letter that I can only describe as "hate mail", sent exclusively to me and one other Canadian by an American colleague...

If you wish to know how some people think/feel, I've posted the letter for discussion in the Debates forum due to the political nature of the thing... It was entitled Dream Speach (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222394) ...

I really need to regroup...

I'm sending good thoughts to those hurting or feeling sad today... Hugs and jingles to everyone... You are very special people to me...

Yorky
10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Read the hateful letter in the Debates, Forum, Char.

Hard as it is, I would accept it for what it is - a hateful outburst by a redneck who thinks Ameica can pull up the gangplank.

Doug

JudyL
10-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Char, there is nothing anyone can say regarding that awful letter. I would forward it on to your personel department as it is hate mail, not clever, or legal. The person who sent it to you should be reminded that things like that are not permitted in most large companies, as law suits can be a result. I checked the internet and it is all over the place. Some say the GWB gave the speech somewhere. I doubt if his handers would permit it.
ON A happier note.
Yes "Watching TV by osmossis" is a term coined by our youngest son, when I would come into the room to see his father, sound asleep, watching HBO. DH would not know what he was watching, but....you know.
OH we are not only having heated towel rails, but under floor heating as well! :D :clap: Actually I would bet that most homes in the UK have that, if they have radiators in the room. Trouble is, I really want the heated towel hanging on the shower as well.
Bob, sorry to hear about your mom. All you can do is hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. I've been through it with my Dad, and am going through it with my Mom, sort of. Jack's Aunt Marie, shut down when she turned 97, didn't want to do it anymore. Prayers go with you, the family and your Mom.
Do, however, check on the nursing home. Mom was in one, and one of the caregivers - night shift- came into the room one night, turned on the light, and yelled, "any one wet?" and pulled back the sheets. We reported him and he was sent for "retraining" so, go in the evening. They can be upsetting places, we would hear people calling out for help. The help my Mom got was very good, but you do need to be careful.
Later,
JudyL

artmom
10-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Kate Mc
10-12-2004, 02:15 PM
BIG HUG FOR CHAR

who doesn't deserve that sort of letter. And I think the writer is a....... (slap) never mind.

Kate

jageo
10-12-2004, 02:35 PM
no time to surf, no time to paint. First time to read the wash in ages and ages.
Hello to all and I'll be back when the snow flies? I hope I'll have the house closed in by then ;)
Many greetings all around to all and all and all.

JA

laudesan
10-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Char I don't think these people are worthy of your time!!

((((((((((GIRLFRIEND))))))))))

Here are a couple of pics from Quebec City to cheer you up.. and one of Us at Gails place..;) :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/22284-Gang.jpg
Gail, JJ, Alan, Connie, Dan. Connie is Gails neighbour and such a hoot!!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/22284-Giselles_river.jpg
This is a river at St Gabriel de Valcartier..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/22284-Reflections.jpg
Reflections!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/22284-RED_Cardinal.jpg
Red Cardinal on Gails feeder..

Europa
10-12-2004, 03:47 PM
(((((((((((((((CHAR)))))))))))))))))))

Won't even tell you what I think of such an idiot!!!!

Great pics JJ!!

Am quite thrilled with myself - have worked out how to remove some photos from the slideshow cd my neice did when Mum and John were in America so here for your delight is one of them

Remember the one of Mum on the scooter - well she got a bit braver and here you go.....

RED HOT MAMA!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Oct-2004/29499-Red_Hot_Mama.JPG

Pfffffft - I can't let her out of my sight for a minute!!! :evil:

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Sharon Douglas
10-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Lovely photos JJ, Alan looks so small squashed up in the middle, and I love the reflections photo.
Sounds like your having a wonderful time, I bet you don`t want it to end.........but isn`t it nice to get home to your own bed.(do you remember what your old bed is like after all this time.lol.

madmum
10-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I am sooooo late today!

First, (((((((Char))))))) ignore those people, their opinions are worthless.

(((((((Bob))))))) And more hugs for your mom, and prayers for both of you.

Thanks for the congrats, but from my day today I think it may be even harder than I expected! :eek: lol I'm the new assistant librarian for the RIL, and also a guide in the Cafe Guerbois. I'm chuffed to be able to help WC!, especially in the RIL which I think is the best resource of its kind anywhere on the internet!

JudyL, I would love underfloor heating, but sadly we're stuck with radiators. A warm tiled floor would be bliss! My DH always wakes up if we try to change channels when he's sleeping, then says he was "resting his eyes". Funny, my dad used to do that too, and I've never worked out why they need to snore at the same time! :confused: ;) ROFL!

Love the photos, JJ! Lucky you seeing such a colourful autumn display! :envy:

:wave: Hi JA!

Big hugs to all, and white light to those with aches, pains and illness.

Ruth

laudesan
10-12-2004, 04:05 PM
{{{{{{{ CHAR }}}}}}}}

The saddest thing is that this came from a co worker. A sick/wacko one.

If you are certain it came from another employee of the company and not from elsewhere, I would forward a copy to top management letting them know how distressing this is to you and then ..... Shred it and forget about it if you can.

Cheers,

Gail

painterbear
10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Good afternoon all,

Just zooming through a la Jana but wanted to say {{{{Char}}}} buck up, don't let the hateful one win by having you get depressed, he or she is the loser thinking that was clever or truthful in any way.

JJ, Hope your poor finger is feeling better, glad Gail was there to kiss it and make it better (along with some good medications) ;) Love the photos you've added to the thread. You and Gail look like sisters in the one sitting on the couch.

Pat, Your Mom looks like a hoot, no wonder you have a zany character, looks like you inherited it from her.

Bob, Sorry it was such a shock to see your Mom's condition. I'm glad she did wake up and see you there and gave you a smile. Many of us here have had to go through similar times with our aged parents so we know how hard it is. Hope you have fun at the Math conference and visiting with your girls in Delaware.

Congratulations Ruth on your new exalted positions! Well done! Pat on the back, hip-hip hooray and all that jazz! :p

JA, Good to see you here again. Guess you've moved into your new home by now. How's it going, found places to put all your things?

Char, Sorry you are feeling so down in the dumps, completely understandable under the circumstances. I wrote what I thought of the incident in the Debate thread. {{{{Char}}}}} as Telly Savalas used to say on Kojak "Who loves ya, baby?" ;)

Well, we got our flu shots but it was a mad house! Even though we had appointments we almost didn't get in because they started giving shots to anybody who showed up—and there were a lot of people who showed up, since we've been hearing all about the shortage of vaccine due to the one lab in the UK being shut down, and we won't be getting a full supply of the vaccine here in the States. Anyhow, someone in charge finally got smart and said "Those with appointments, please come to the head of the line." So, my DH and I did get our shots after all.

Well, gotta read the latest happenings in my news sites so will see you all tomorrow.

Sylvia

BobH
10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
My DH always wakes up if we try to change channels when he's sleeping, then says he was "resting his eyes". Funny, my dad used to do that too, and I've never worked out why they need to snore at the same time! :confused: ;) ROFL!

Ruth
You just don't understand, Ruth. Snoring is a requirement for rested eyes! It's a complex bio-mechanical feedback loop. Without the snoring the male's eyes just don't get the rest they deserve! :angel:

((Char)) - The letter is just buffalo chips. It's hateful and ignorant. I'd say ignore it except comments like this have no place in the workplace. I'd report the person to HR and then wash my hands of the person to the extent possible.

Thanks to everyone for the comments re my mom. If I made you feel bad, please know that wasn't my intent. Talking to another family about this has helped me. I thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart (or as I used to say "from the bottom of my haahhht" ... :wink2: )

Health and hope to all.

laudesan
10-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Lovely photos JJ, Alan looks so small squashed up in the middle, and I love the reflections photo.
Sounds like your having a wonderful time, I bet you don`t want it to end.........but isn`t it nice to get home to your own bed.(do you remember what your old bed is like after all this time.lol.

Bed?????????? I have forgotten what the house looks like.. :D

I am so enjoying myself, I could very easily make this my profession.. :D ;) :p

Oh PAT.. Give mama a hug from me.. :D

BOB ((((()))))

Huggles to all who are ill or hurting..

Christie
10-12-2004, 10:14 PM
I did a short sketchbook journalling class today. I learned a great deal. One of the things I learned is there is an evening class being offered this spring on this subject. I may have to sign up...

JJ, hope that wasp sting is better.

Char, no comment about the letter except it was a mean spirited act and you did not deserve it. I like the idea about contacting HR. How did the other employee who received it feel? Hmm, guess I did have something to say!:D

Bob, I am glad that you have found someone in your family to talk to. It helps to have someone to bounce thoughts off of.

I am off to bed now. Have been told to start resting more or get more sick than I am...

Take care.

BobH
10-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Bob, I am glad that you have found someone in your family to talk to. It helps to have someone to bounce thoughts off of.
Actually, Christie, I was talking about my WC family! :angel:

Christie
10-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Actually, Christie, I was talking about my WC family! :angel:

Ah! even better then!:D I do the same thing. Not a bad bunch of people eh?

BobH
10-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Ah! even better then!:D I do the same thing. Not a bad bunch of people eh?
The best ... the absolute best.