PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it...

Faded
10-11-2004, 04:09 PM
...if you do please feel free to comment(even if you don't, feel free :D ) This is 16x20 on stretched canvas. Thanks
-Faded

Lady Carol
10-11-2004, 05:48 PM
:cool:

You come out with some amazing concepts.

My only nit is that the floor reads like a wall.

Bertoni
10-11-2004, 06:46 PM
This ptg has a lot going for it!!! Probably getting the floor into perspective (larger diamond shapes going smaller) would make it even better! I like it!!! :)

Charlie's Mum
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
What's it all about then?????!!!!!!! :D
Carol and Bertoni both have a point!!!!! :D

jonesbf
10-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Very interesting painting. It works technically except for the floor tiles. They aren't in perspective. Flatten out the diamonds to make the floor look "flat".

gnu
10-12-2004, 02:36 AM
heehee,,boy have we ever all been there! I love it..and although the perspective commnets are correct, it doesn't actually bother me..I gotta love the little map pins..awesome..
I would like to do a painting showing someone enjoying Creation around them..and this makes me think of it..putting an observer in whcih we are observing..cool concept.. :clap: :clap:
Hey you could do another with "I get it!! " :wink2: :D :D :cat:

ExpressiveAngie
10-12-2004, 08:05 AM
LOL - love it.
You are slightly off arent you? :D

jbitzel
10-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Funny how the 3 new guides were all the first to post. Looks like you are putting in your hours. James :wave:

Faded
10-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone :) I can sure see what you mean about the perspective being off, my question is, How do I fix it? I want to keep the diamond pattern, I will lose about a half inch along the bottom when it's framed. (That's why I thought I could get away with it...lol) I would like to correct it tho, so any hints would be greatly appreciated, including digital alterations.Btw Angie, you are not the first to make that observation :D
-Faded

shirleyq
10-12-2004, 09:35 PM
What a great idea!!!!! and well executed except for the already noted floor :clap:

HRH Goldie
10-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Great idea and soon as the floor is sorted (or it could be a very fancy skirting board!) it will be even better. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Those pins are very realistic my eye was strangely drawn to them first.

Christine

Faded
10-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone. :) I spoke to my art teacher and she suggested floating a shadow along the bottom of the wall to create a bit of depth. I used a bit of "Brush and blend "and some ivory black. I like the way it looks, and it was a lot easier than repainting the diamond pattern...lol Any and all comments welcome. Thanks
-Faded

jonesbf
10-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Nice job. That completes it IMO.