PDA

View Full Version : Monday Oct 11 S&T

StefaniBeads
10-11-2004, 04:13 AM
These are from a couple of days ago, and what this means is that I gotta get back in the groove! I'm home all day (as some of you know, medical reasons) so there's no excuse, lol! I've been trying to get a session done every day, so in about an hour, I will be back to it. :cool:

Here's just some of what I hadn't shown you from the last session. Mini swirly beads, and one of my first raku experiences. The raku bead was made with dotted on thick stringer. Uh....I'm going to give up on this a while until I get my new torches going in the soon-to-be studio. I tried cooling and heating, marvering, brass tool, etc. I still got baby poo light brown with a "cooked" grayish tan, and maybe just a weesny little bit of color there. :rolleyes:

Jan.C
10-11-2004, 04:27 AM
Hope your health is improving Lisa.
Lovely sets and I really like the effect you got with the Raku. :)
This bead was made with a minor torch, Bullseye Cobalt trans.& striking pink,( thus the purple look) and R108 Frit.
Jan

nursekatie
10-11-2004, 05:12 AM
Steph...I love those colors!!! YUMMM!!!!

Jan....WOWZERS.....that is one gorgeous bead!!!!

I finally got Adobe photo editor...it was waiting for me when I got home from the show Saturday.....so of course the first thing I did was take pics of all of my beads:D I love the close ups I can get with this program!! Lots of silver for me (as usual) and of course.....I too....play with Raku :D

Jan.C
10-11-2004, 05:44 AM
You have some beautiful beads there Katie, love the close up ,very effective, your photo of the Raku is VG, I seem to get a bit of a fuzzy pic. when taking Raku decor beads, any tips. Maybe it's just me. I do use a tripod.
Jan

leannev1964
10-11-2004, 06:12 AM
NurseKatie,

I was looking at your beads. They are georgeous. I have just got the glasswork bug and I would love to be able to do that someday.

Did you teach yourself? Take classes? How long have you been doing glasswork?

Hope to do that someday.

LeAnne

nursekatie
10-11-2004, 06:34 AM
You have some beautiful beads there Katie, love the close up ,very effective, your photo of the Raku is VG, I seem to get a bit of a fuzzy pic. when taking Raku decor beads, any tips. Maybe it's just me. I do use a tripod.
Jan

LOL...boy Jan....I am NOT the one to ask about good photos....I have a terrible time!! It looks like your pic was taken indoors, and that is the same type of trouble I have indoors. I use natural light and that seems to work best for me. Maybe look into your lighting??? Good luck...I know how frustrating it is to not get a good photo!!

nursekatie
10-11-2004, 06:37 AM
NurseKatie,

I was looking at your beads. They are georgeous. I have just got the glasswork bug and I would love to be able to do that someday.

Did you teach yourself? Take classes? How long have you been doing glasswork?

Hope to do that someday.

LeAnne

Hi LeAnne! Once you get bit by the bug...there is no turning back!! I did teach myself, After I got the hang of it I took a class with Mari Johnson (who is now my very dear friend and mentor!) and then I found Wet Canvas and THIS is where I networked with other lampworkers and learned SOOO much!! In 10 days I am going to take a class with Michael Barley and Andrea G. I am very excited about that! This is a great place to be if you are interested in lampworking...everyone here is very kind and helpful. PM or Email me if you would like to talk more!!

Edited to say, I have been melting glass for 2 years :D

StefaniBeads
10-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Katie,

All of them are beautiful and your pictures are fantastic! That long bead is MINE!! :evil:

(looking over at Katie's ebay, hehe....)

unburied treasure
10-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Your motivating me! We've been under constuction and I haven't lite my torch for days. Today is it - I'll post photos tomarrow or cry
Kathy :crying:

ChristyL
10-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Beautiful work today everyone! I had special orders all weekend. This one has lots of hand pulled stingers and twisties. Whew! Lots of work, but I like how they turned out. Supposed to look like my customers 3 kids, hope she likes them.
Have a great day eveyone!
Hugs*
ChristyL

Teri.p
10-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Woo-hoo..... great way to start the week! Stefani, baby poo or no, I still love your bead!

Jan, those are some gorgeous colors you coaxed from the glass...way to go!

Katie Katie Katie, your beads never fail to inspire me. Congratulations on your new editor - have some fun with that!

Christy - your kids just make me go 'awwwwwwwwwww' - I'm positive your friend will be as delighted!

Opal yellow pillows with some lilac frit I got from Sharon Owens at Inspired Fire:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/23019-040654a.jpg

Teri

double S
10-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Beautiful work all :clap: :clap: love those opal yellow pillows teri.
Still can't make the raku sing but am getting better. here are some of my latest going up tonight
Fire Scrolls-- moretti black and raku stringer
Firelight-- see above
Strawberry Cheesecake-- Opalanio: carnalian and yellow, frit, ivory stringer.
Lisa

TwistNglass
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm having a blast with the raku frit also and can't stop making them. Jan, I am having a heck of a time photograhping them, too. I worked about 12 hours on and off and only got 3 pics I could use. Very frustrating because they are so cool. Anyways, here is a set of lentils I put on the Bay.

Rose

Jamn!
10-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh yummy yummy!! :)

GinaJ
10-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Great beads, everyone! All this Raku is GORGEOUS!!!!
Here's mine, cobalt on silvered ivory... I couldn't get the blue to photograph well, it is actually a dark blue...well, you know - cobalt!

lepoppet
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Here's another "Sunday Night R&D" bead. A variation on my floral theme.

Have a great week everyone!

Maria

MarianneM
10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Everyone's beads are so beautiful I am usually too embarassed to post any of mine, but....
This is my happy accident from this weekend. S-96 Black from the Beadwife with raku frit stringer from Val. I see mountains and a lake at sunset. Got so excited about the colors popping that I put it on my keychain before I remembered to get a photo.

kybeadmaker
10-11-2004, 11:32 AM
In an effort to refuse to accept that winter is coming, I am making violets :)

jeffwelsh23462
10-11-2004, 11:50 AM
here's mine for the day. 3 dichroic pendants.... also a sea dragon i listed in last nights show n tell... :clap:

Briatha
10-11-2004, 01:51 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifThanks for sharing all of your glorious artistic creations!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gif

Helen Simon
10-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Lovely beads today! Thanks to all who share.
Here is a large set I listed while ago. The first pendant is almost an ornament, so I made a smaller, but included the huge one for the bold. Using Blue is rare for me, and just looking at them this morning made me blue/sad/low blood pressure. It affects me physically...off to fetch some caffeine to put me back to my hyper happy self. Love, Helen

Amozoo
10-11-2004, 05:12 PM
hi ya everyone, great beads here's two of mine

mhartjen
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Always a pleasure looking at all the eye candy! Nurse Katie ... love that long focal bead! Here are a few of mine ... Marne

Smidgen
10-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Wow...everyone is so very accomplished here. Beautiful work!!!

Smidge

DebbieSue
10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Everyone's beads are so beautiful I am usually too embarassed to post any of mine, but....
This is my happy accident from this weekend. S-96 Black from the Beadwife with raku frit stringer from Val. I see mountains and a lake at sunset. Got so excited about the colors popping that I put it on my keychain before I remembered to get a photo.

Wow! I do too! Beautiful bead! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie