PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Monday, 11th October 2004***

Roun2it
10-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Morning each,

Cold, chilly morning here, no rain...........yet. Forecast lots of it for later in the week...

Suppose I'd better say happy thanksgiving to the Canadians, cause even though you've been celebrating all over the weekend, from what I've read I believe that today is the official day................... What you cooking today Char :evil:

Bonnie nice to see you back, but sorry to hear about your knee problems too. I have spoken to loads of people who have had sucessful knee replacements and have lived pain free since, so hope it all works out for you.

With all that hype of the American elections, it's been announced as an aside on our news that Asutrailia have just re-elected their Prime Minister for the 4th time. Why oh why can't I just read about the US elections like that, I am bombarded daily with news of no news coming out of non-debates. I really am not interested in an election I can do nothing about, which is all in all a media circus.

Heres a question to show you what I mean. What are the names of the two main contenders in the in both US and Austrailian elections? (No internet searches allowed). I'll bet only Antipodeans will get all 4 names.

Go Vols... Go!!! did we win Lyn?

Nandie
10-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Hi Kevin!

I'm afraid I only know the names of the two USA contenders, haven't got a clue who the Aussies are, or who the Canadians are for that matter! :evil:

I've just been going cross-eyed trying to see the ocean in Europa's trick of the eye thread.... don't know why I can't get it to work! :evil: Now I have eye strain!

I added some international toilet links to JJ's travel thread (don't ask!) :rolleyes: now that would make a fun painting project, don't you think!

Have a good day all...

(((hugs)))

maltman
10-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Hello Kev and Andria

I'm afraid to admit that I too have no idea about Ausie politics..US for sure (but in a limited way)

On behalf of all Canadians,thanks for your kind wishes for Thanksgiving Kev

This late for me...just can't sleep

Kev, I suppose that as I work in the office next to Sandimajig I should be his campaign manager or something in your challenge...the truth is ,I think that both of you are doing such a fantastic job..with...lots of fun and laughs on the way..which is what it is all about.I admire you both and cheer both of you on equally.

By the way, where is deepest wettest Lancashire?....I'm a Sale man myself.

Brian

Roun2it
10-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Morning Andrea, now that you've popped up I'm feeling guilty that I haven't started my 'pink brolly' painting for the challenge this week. We are using your piccy from the RIL of a cafe in Whistler.

Great isn't it I've just answered a thread on stretching paper, giving links and things, and when I hit the send button I find you've been and answered the question fully too. Oh well..........

Ahhh...... just flashed on the news Superman has died. Christopher Reeve has died over the weekend. He always had lots of hope in getting some movement back after that terrible riding accident. Suppose the stocks of kryptonite just ran out.

{Edit} Matly zooms in while I type. Thanks Brian, I live in a place called Longridge, (for those phonecticly challanged, as per Monty Python, its Wongwidge, Bwian) near to the Fells of the Trough of Bowland CLICKHERE. (http://www.lancashiretourism.com/ribblevalley.asp?source=adwords) It's just to the north of Preston.

ktrayn78
10-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Christopher Reeves DIED?! Guess I should watch the news once in awhile. That is very sad. It's kind of weird that Kerry had mentioned him in the "town meeting" on Friday and now he's dead. I'm not implying anything, just saying it's weird.

I feel bad for you Canadians and Brits that have to put up with the election coverage. I sometimes wish I could escape it and they are my candidates. I remember last election, that was a doozy. I was eating antacids for a month (or two or three, how long did it take to count those stupid ballots?) Longest most excruciating election EVER. Especially because the outcome was so important to both sides, the tension was thick. At work we couldn't even talk about it. This one is pretty tense too, but hopefully it will be relatively quick and painless. (the election part, that is.)

The brazil painting didn't go so well. Got completely stuck. Looks like a coloring book page at this point. So I did some quick, easy landscapes. Got 6 done. That felt really good after staring at my stupid brazil painting for HOURS. So I put brazil away and will go back to it another time.

Can't believe it's only 1am. Thought it was 5 or something. I'm going back to bed. Nice talking to y'all, Kim

mr sandbanx
10-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Brian I cannot sleep either having been all night flailing away at pink umbrellas. I think Howard is the Aussie PM it was on canoe a day ago. Notwould have li Ron Howard though.

Andrea shame on you for not knowing whatsisname and whozzit!

ktrayn nice to see you again. Would have liked to see the brazil painting. Too bad avbout Christopher Reeves. I did not know that.

Have been talking all night with sons, one of whom never stops talking. Its nice to have a house full of kids again, if only for a few days.

Gnite all...
Chris

artmom
10-11-2004, 03:57 AM
:wave: folks! I can't sleep tonight--again!! It's 4:45 am here--I laid in bed for 2 hours before giving it up as a bad job! :eek: I think it is because I'm trying to sleep with the boot off, and I'm scared I'll twist the ankle wrong and break it again! :rolleyes:

Kev, yup, we won!! Barely! We were the underdogs, so it felt really good! After the game, son John (our host) turned the sound off on the TV, and turned on the CD w/"Rocky Top" the VOLS fight song (and unofficial State song of Tennessee) and he and his 17 year old nephews (the twins) danced around the room!!! ROFLOL It was a real nailbiter.

Nandie, Brian, Chris--hope you are still enjoying your holiday. Hi, Kim!

Today is Columbus Day, but it is politically incorrect to celebrate it now--so about the only folk who get it off are federal workers. :rolleyes:

"In Fourteen Hundred Ninety-Two,
Columbus sailed the ocean blue."

To me, most of the meaning of our holidays were lost when they were moved to Mondays so that workers (some of them) could have a long weekend off. I preferred to celebrate them on the correct day (which for Columbus Day is October 12).

Hope to get my brushes wet again today. The long drought is broken--perhaps my muse has returned.

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL.

Lyn

JudyL
10-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Lyn, I can understand your being abit nervous sleeping without your boot. You may want to try an elastic tape or ankle wrap. I have had problems with my ankles turning, and have used one for quite awhile. It does give a feeling of security. I used to keep one in my bag, at all time.
The boys are banging away upstairs. I get called in to consult on how high the sink should be, if the walls around the washer and dryer should be made out of plaster board and 2 'b' 2 or 18 mil plywood, but really am going to make good my escape soon. Jack came home and is supposed to be sleeping but wont. So now I need to worry. If I leave he can nap on the couch so now I HAVE to leave for his sake.
So I will go take a train for 45 minutes, so I can get a Whopper, and some light blue yarn.
BBL
JudyL

Europa
10-11-2004, 05:49 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

No idea as yet what the weather is like outside cos I haven't looked.....lol.

Anyways -

Kev - I know the two US candidates but no idea of the Aussie ones - then again I dont have that much interest in Politics - though I did watch a bit of the debate on tv - George Bush makes me go aaaaaaw - he sits there looking like a little guinea pig.....lol.

Andrea - will have to check the toilet link.....lol - you have my curiosity now.

Ktrayn- am sure a rest from the Brazil painting will be good - I have just done that with a portrait I was struggling with - but it all came right in the end.

Chris - houseful of kids - our house is noisy without kids as it is.....lol.

Lyn - now come on - you know you can do it - put your fingers round the brush - grip and DIP in the paint - YOU GO GIRL!!!

Sorry to hear about Christopher Reeve - he was a testament to the power of the human spirit.

Right am off for brekky.

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Ps. just took me three attempts to spell testament right...lol.....brain not functioning so good when I first get up...lol.

painterbear
10-11-2004, 06:13 AM
Good Morning all,

Just turning 6:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. I see a star peeking through the silhouettes of the tree so no rain for us today (we really could use some, Kev, send some of yours our way).

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY! Lyn, since I am partly of Italian heritage to hades with political correctness, I'm glad old Christopher was an intrepid explorer!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS! Sounds as if most of you have been enjoying your feasts all weekend, so enjoy the leftovers today. (They are sometimes the best thing about the big feast. ;) )

Re politics: Since I live in one of the "Battleground States" I have seen more than enough political ads to last a long, long time. I'll be glad when the election is over, but unfortunately, I'm afraid we may have lots of political battles AFTER the 2nd of November of the kind there was in Florida last election. (Pat, I won't tell you what I say whenever I see John Kerry :evil: .)

Lyn, Judy's suggestion of an elastic bandaid to wear at night instead of the boot sounds brilliant to me. That would give you some support, but allow you to get used to not having the weight of the boot.

Andrea, Saw your post of Potties of the World in the JJ Travels thread. BTW, you asked about a project for painting nudes—there was a Challenge for that at one point. I think it was Challenge 3, you can check it out in the Projects Forum. That was the first and only nude I ever painted. A little like the obstacle to seeing the ocean in Pat's thread. LOL!

Gotta go and proofread some more Math workbooks and teacher's resource books. I took the weekend off and now I've got to get going to cover lost ground.

Happy painting today, hope all in the Waiting Rooms are feeling better.

SYL,

Sylvia

Johnnie
10-11-2004, 06:35 AM
=======================http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/21575-Canada-02.gif=======================

Happy Thanksgiving To All Of Canada

Hi all

Well we had our turkey yesterday and it was just great. Mama is the best cook in the world thats for sure... I am a faraway 300th or so.. Lol.. All family showed up and old Turkey was bare when done.. That was great..

4 Celsius here right now and dark but looks to be a nice day so they say..

Sorry to here of Chris Reeves Passing away. To bad. He sure gave it his best shot for sure.

Have a great day all.

Johnnie

Kim Dont feel bad that we have to watch the US elections. They are far more exciting than Canada's.. Elections are so exciting in Canada that they are over before we even know they started...lol..:wink2:

Ellen in Ont
10-11-2004, 06:43 AM
:wave: to all,
Just a quick wave on my way out the door to work. Got called in to replace a sick call and the overtime is hard to resist (stat holiday today). That means I won't be able to paint today and I really wanted to finish the painting I'm working on before class tomorrow night. :( I worked about 4 hours on it yesterday.

Nandie, I looked at those toilet links... I had no idea!!!
No time to reply to everyone but I hope everyone has a great day.

Yorky
10-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Morning all :wave:

Just been to Wigab to collect a Trust micro mouse for my laptop (works fine and is tiny).

Popped in to Europa's to deliver a Michigan fridge magnet that we forgot to take to Kington. She was actually up at 11 am! - although SWMBO opened the door:D

12C outside with a watery sun shining through a veil of clouds - but no rain to spoil David's golf day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians, we don't have an autumn Bank Holiday, Christmas Day is the next official one.

Painting class this afternoon, so I'll be getting my brushes wet.

Best wishe to you all,

BBL Doug

madmum
10-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Good afternoon wet and washies :wave:

I've been sorting through my huge pile of unsold paintings, seeing what can be salvaged from the poor ones, and re-appraising the ones I thought were good but had no luck selling. I took the craft knife to one old floral, cropping it drastically, then tried to bump up the contrast. It's an interesting exercise!

Kev, I read your news about the kneecap replacement, glad they're going to do something to help.

Nice to see Bonnie G in yesterday's wash! I hope it doesn't take another 8 months before we see you again, Bonnie ;)

Hi Andrea! I was shocked to find a squat loo in a brand new shopping centre on Grand Canaria about 17 years ago! It was little more than a hole in the ground, and impossible to use if you were wearing trousers! lol

Sad news about Christopher Reeve, he did so much to push research into nerve regeneration forward, a true superman.

I called the supplier of "the wrong crayons" (sounds like a film title? lol), they're sending the right item, and stamps for me to return the one I have. I think I'll be happier knowing I did the right thing!

Doug, is Wigab the area of Wigan where Pat lives? I imagine it's pronounced We-gab ;) :evil:

Hugs to all, and of course white light to those in the waiting room!

Ruth

djdedman
10-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Mornin Washuns
Kev, you said cold and chilly there, suppose to go down to 64 here, can hardly wait.
Andria, will have to go check out your links
Mornin Malty
ktrayn, like you I hadn't heard about C. Reeves, so sad
Mornin Chris, envy you having all the kids home for a visit
Lyn, I agree with you about the holidays
JudyL, Do you crochet or knit?
Mornin Pat
Sylvia, sounds like you will have a busy day
Johnnie, "4 Celsius" little too cold for me
Ellen, don't work too hard
Doug, wishing you a great day
Happy Thanksgiving Canadians Friends
Washed clothes yesterday and started cleaning carpet, don't really have the energy but needs to be done.
Plan on little more cleaning today, suppose to rain.
Guess I'll go for a cuppa so all have a wonderful day.
(((((AWYTC)))))
Jackie

Uschi
10-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!!!!

Welcome back Bonnie!!!

Kev, I only know the US ones and have been watching the debates. As I was reading your news re Reeve's death I heard it on the radio. First thing I thought of was his hopes gone.

Lyn - I have always thought the same about moving holiday days for convenience. Put the boot back on!! LOL

Johnnie - beautiful flags!!!! Did you read my PM???????

Going for dinner to son later but must finish my painting first. The forest I can see from my studio window is absolutely gorgeous, won't be long and I'll see nothing but brown sticks right through to mid May.

I too couldn't sleep last night, watched Evita (Madonna) on TV which ran past my bedtime - second wind!

Off to see Andrea's toilets LOl

Sending good thoughts to one and all and greetings!
Uschi

Strawberry Wine
10-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Morning All and Happy Thanksgiving Day to my fellow Canadians

Alan has just poked his head around the corner and is getting his first coffee.

Chris I sent you a PM.

Char I sent you an e-mail but just read the JJ thread and see that everything is organized.

Saddened to hear of Christopher Reeves passing. What spirit the man had.

Alan and Dan changed the location of my biggest bird feeder Friday as the squirrels thought it was a 24 hour dining table. Yesterday, Alan watched them for ages as they tried to figure a new way of getting to the top of the pole. :clap: :clap: they can't do it :clap: :clap: Now this morning I get up and look out the kitchen window and the top is off the feeder and most of the seed gone. Now I have to figure out how to baffle the racoons :mad:

Waving to all as there are TMTRT

Catch you all later

Cail

Little Old Lady
10-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Greeetings :wave:
Typed a reply the hit the wrong button and lost it duh!
Running late going to Aux. Bd. Mtt this morn (i hour drive) the the pres. is taking us to lunch at my grandson's restaurant.
Sylvia we agree on politics. Just wish they would cut campaign time drastically.
Sorry Lyn tonight Go Packers! :clap:
Hope you all have a good one!
JoAnn

Cathie Jones
10-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Good morning Washeroonians! Monday - back to work. :( Oh, well. It pays the bills.

Saw a Christopher Reeve obit on Yahoo this morning. Sad, huh? He worked so hard to recover.

Rams won yesterday (what an exciting finish!) and tonight it's GO PACKERS. My two favorite teams. Although I'm watching the Giants now that Kurt Warner is playing for them.

Time to go enhance my natural beauty (uh huh) - see y'all later. XOXOXOXO

sisangel
10-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Good Morning Washers :music: :music:

Just popped in to say hi to everyone.

Lyn - I know you're still sleeping, but I was sooooo excited to read that you may get your brushes wet. Woooo Hooooo.

I was shocked to hear of Christopher Reeve's sudden death. He has been such an inspiration to me thru all my health difficulties the last couple of years. Never give up!!

The big quilt show is this weekend and I still have to put the binding and the hanging sleeve on and have it delivered by Wed. Hope I win something. The name of the quilt is New York Beauty. I will try to upload the pic here.

I can't find the uploader. Where did they move it to? Everything has changed since I was here last, I have to relearn the site navigation.

I have to leave now to go to the hospital for more stuff. I'll come back this afternoon, find the uploader and post picture of the quilt.

Have a great day.
Bonnie G.

laudesan
10-11-2004, 10:14 AM
GoodMorning from me all..

(((((Lyn)))))

((((((to all hurtung and ill))))))

I too am very saddened about Christipher Reeve. He was an inspiration, a wonderful man. Funnily WE TOO were talking about him last Friday too.. **insert shiver here**

We, Alan and I are not too unhappy that Johnnie Howard was re-elected..;) Just hope we don't get fined (50.00 each) for not voting. We were going to do the postal vote thing but they didn't send the forms out in time before we left.. I think it will be o.k. as we are in transit..;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL .. We are doing ours this avo..

.Huggles all.

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!

Do check out and contribute to our new TOOTS OF THE WORLD (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2790657#post2790657) thread.. :D :p

Yorky
10-11-2004, 10:52 AM
............I can't find the uploader. Where did they move it to? Everything has changed since I was here last, I have to relearn the site navigation............Bonnie G.

Bonnie - it's in the heading bar under "Quick Links"

Doug

artmom
10-11-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm baaaaaack! and walking without the boot!! I reminded myself that I walked on the ankle for five weeks after breaking it without the boot, and got Ed to steady me for a while down the hall, and then I was off on my own!! :D If I need the boot later today, no problem. :cool:

Thanks for the hugs, JJ! Back at you!

JLyn, thanks for suggestion re: the ankle wrap at night. I'll try that.

Bonnie and Pat, yes, I'm wetting those brushes! Good luck with the quilt, Bonnie. :)

JoAnn and Cathie, I'll probably be rooting for the Packers, too. Our family isn't big on the Tennessee Titans. :rolleyes: I got to be a big Packers fan when Reggie White played for them!

Uschi, Jackie, and Sylvia, we more "mature" ladies tend to like tradition, don't we? :wink2: I believe that holidays and birthdays should be celebrated on "the" day!!

BBL

Lyn

jaytee
10-11-2004, 11:10 AM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Afternoon all... I have just finished week round bin challenge 2/52 :clap: sigh of relief..........and have spent most of the last 48 hours in my nightclothes doing so !!! May not have stopped to dress........ not sure I stopped to eat...........( except a few chocs :D)....but did stop and take lots of WIP pics........just as well.......... the begining and end are not entirely related !!! Would have been quicker to write a poem :evil: However. ....I AM trying to push out my boundaries :wink2:

Will try and co-ordinate post with Olga.......... either before or after Choral soc............. so in either 3 hours or 6 hours time :D

meanwhile better do a few chores..... starting with dressing I guess !!!

first hear are a couple of pics I was going to post in the thread but will put here........

The tidy way I paint.......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/4661-2-52-10pallettes.jpg

............ and the animals opinion of how long its all taking !!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/4661-2-52-11-bored-animals.jpg

Love Hugs and White Light.........

ChicagoGirl
10-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Haven't read the wash in a few days, so I'll have to go back and catch up.
But I did read todays......
Judy, they fine you if you dont vote?! Wow! As a person who always go to vote.....(you cant complain if you dont vote!) that wouldn't bother me a bit. But sadly lots of folks here do not exercise their right to vote. As a matter of fact I just heard the other day that people between ages 18 and 35 are more likely to vote for the next American Idol, than the next President. Just imagine if all those people were fined!! They could take all that money and do some good with it.
JoAnn and Sylvia....I'm in your corner!

Well, this past weekend my family were scattered all over the midwest and the south. Two of my children are home safe and back to school and work. My youngest daughter, Meg, has had a great time camping with her Dad, they went hiking on the Applachian (sp?) Trail. Now, you must understand that it is my husband's dream to hike the entire trail someday, so just being able to see a portion of it was very exciting for him. They went horseback riding and the guide was thrown off her horse. My Meg said she was so scared, that her foot was shaking so bad. AWWW.... Well, they headed toward home yesterday and spent the night in southern Indiana, and today will head north to Chicago! I miss them!

Hey, I got my brushes wet this weekend!! I feel so-so about the results, but I enjoyed doing it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Canada!!!
What's on the menu?

I was just thinking the other day that I need to start planning our Thanksgiving! Its my favorite Holiday!! Just family and a wonderful meal, no presents to stress over......

Have a great day everyone!
Peggy

mr sandbanx
10-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Awake and bleary eyed. Have sent kids to Tim Hortons for my 'fix' . Woke up dreaming of tulips!!!! Actually poems of tulips. Jaytees my family suggested I clean up my paint area today lest they be insipred to do it for me!!! So thats thefirst chore. Pool cover which blew off inthe night is chore 2.

Will be putting la Boca cafe to rest today I hope, and can take a few days to think about next weeks painting.

But first to see the kids off, two are getting rides later today and one? I see a trip to Haliton in my near future....

Chris

Christie
10-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Just about to head out the door. We are going to look at a replacement car (still haven't found one:(). Then to see puppies, not to buy, just to get chewed on. I love beagle puppies! Then to a bear store to use up Katie's gift certificate at Build a bear.

Congrats on your no boot status Lyn! The hallway was the first of many steps, I am sure.

back later (probably covered in puppy slobber)

Take care.

artmom
10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Christie! I've been forgetting to tell you that Alex (7 1/2 year old granddaughter) now has a beagle puppy! He's about 3 months old, and growing quickly. WOW, what sharp teeth and nails he has! LOL He tried using my boot on Saturday to launch himself on to the couch. :D Everyone got a wet puppy kiss and a nip and a scratch, whether they wanted it or not!!! :evil: :D Great fun was had by all. (The four cats just stay out of the way when the house is full of people and Sammie is running around full tilt.)

Chris, it's really nice to have kids home again, no matter how old they are, isn't it?

Dress, Jaytee? Why get dressed at this time of the day?? LOL

It is another gorgeous Fall day here today; blue sky, puffy white clouds--looks like the neighbor might be going golfing!

Lyn

ScarletLake
10-11-2004, 12:35 PM
HI All

Hope all my Canadian friends had a Happy Thanksgiving this weekend.

I worked this weekend. I've had the worst weekends at work lately & this was my last weekend. It was so quiet. Go figure.

Just spent the entire morning doing all the paperwork for the background check. Am getting all the other copies of things together. Will have it in the mail Wednesday. Got mixed feelings about the change. I've gotten so attached to my patients. It's gonna be hard to leave.

Was just so saddened to see Christopher Reeves had passed away. I've taken care of a couple of spinal cord injuries & boy you really get attached to them & it is really hard when you lose them. It's funny as a nurse you get used to some things & then you get that special bond with someone & emotionally it does take a toll on you. I just got some info on a 1 day workshop later this month called Heal the Healer. It is to focus on the emotional needs of healthcare providers. How we can rejuvinate ourselves.
I thought it was such a good idea because we are always focusing on the latest in medicine, treatments, medical inservices but not this aspect. We just sort of lift each other up when we know that they are hurting from a loss.

Thats when you really can respect your healtcare coworkers when you see each other do amazing things & then just go on to the next task as professional as can be. I know this year I performed the Heimlach on a chocking patient who was turning purple. Later the Dr. said "And I bet you just turned around & went on to the next patient like nothing had just happened. He said "You just saved someone's life, kiddo" & you know I didn't even think about that. Just went into automatic pilot. It made me feel really good when he said that to me"

OK off the soapbox.

JJ - They make you pay a fine in Australia if you don't vote? WOW

I'm not sure about either one of our choices. So many issues to think about.
I'm also afraid that if we have another mess like the last election that our whole voting process will be forever changed. Alot of people certainly lost any confidence in our way of doing it last time.

Everyone have a good day got to go get ready for work

Anita

CharM
10-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Good afternoon Washonians!!! What a gorgeous fall day it is in SW Ontario... It was only 3 C when I awoke this morning... and it was late... 7:30 a.m.!!! :eek: My Magoo made us waffles this morning!!!

Christopher Reeves was an inspiration to so many... His courage and strength of character will long be remembered...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!!!

I'm making this an *easy* day... DH and I have been reorganizing another closet, but it's nearly finished... I'm going to make soup from the turkey carcass... and dumplings...

Kev... we celebrated yesterday... the remnants of that meal will provide our dinner tonight! My Mother had a knee replacement and she has NEVER been sorry...

:wave: Nandie and Malty...

Kim... did you post them in the Gallery??? If not, get you butt in gear, girl... We want to see your work!!!

Chris... I spend 50% of my time in anticipation of the boys coming home... The minute they walk through the door, the phone starts ringing... Kids start piling into the house and the next thing you know, I have more mouths to feed than I know what to do with... The other 50% of my time is spent mending my broken heart when they leave... The house feels like a morgue and at times, I've actually felt bereft... I have delayed my retirement date because our Magoo will be going to France in the new year... I just know that I'll need to stay VERY busy...

Hi Lyn-sis... sorry about your trepidation over that darn boot (or lack of)... wrapping your foot is really a good idea... Keep those brushes wet!!!

Judy... LOL... I wouldn't walk across the street for a Whopper... let alone get on a train... Have a great day!

'Mornin Pat...

Syl... borrrrring... :(

Love that flag, Johnnie...

Too bad that you have to work today, Ellen... nice $$$ though...

Enjoy your class, Doug...

Ruth... why don't you share the *before and after* results of this exercise!!! I have some that need something done to them too!

Hi Jackie... I don't know one of us who actually likes housework... and the drudgery chores, like cleaning carpets, are 10 times worse...

I don't think the frosts have been as hard down here, Uschi... we have some colour, but it isn't spectacular... Those brown sticks do last a long time, eh?

Thanks, Gail... got it!!!! I just know that your guys are having a ball!

JoAnn... we're cleaning another closet today... it feels so good to open a door and know that your life isn't threatened... :D :D We have lots more to go, though... :mad:

Cathie... you ARE beautiful...

Bonnie... would love to see your quilt!!!

JJ... you will LOVE your first Thanksgiving meal!!!

Looking forward to Wk 2 painting, JT... I'm salivating over all those books... :D

Hi Peggy... looking forward to seeing what you painted while everyone was camping and hiking!!!

Christie... *Build a bear*?????????????

Anita... you have such a kind heart...

I'm off to paint!!!! I hope that everyone has a wonderfully happy and creative day!

Sharon Douglas
10-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Good evening,

I haven`t been around this weekend, because we`ve had fellas here measuring up to give us quotes for a conservatory, and bay windows and a front door, and loft conversion etc
I threw one of them out the house on Friday evening .he was too pushy for my liking. :mad:
After the last one left on Saturday afternoon we ended up taking the kids to the beach :eek: in the middle of October we must be mad :wink2:

Also had my mum staying for a few days, she only went home this afternoon.
I even got her painting again, in fact I couldn`t get her to stop, we were at it for about 5 hours in total :eek:

We have plans to convert the loft into two bedrooms, knock walls down in the bathroom and fit a new bathroom suite and shower cubical.
We are also planning to have a conservatory fitted to the back of the house, new doors front and back, new bay window in the front.
Carpet and decorate right through.

I`m looking forward to the finish, but I am absolutely dreading it, especially after seeing Judys photo`s, speaking of photo`s tomorrow I must go around taking the before pictures.
It will be weeks or even months before work starts probably, but once it does start I won`t know my a*se from my elbow. :( so if I don`t take piccies now I`ll probably forget. :rolleyes:

Anyway hugs to all, white light to others, I`m off now to cook tea, (I didn`t realise what time it is) then research more prices for the work that needs doing.
Seeya later.

Sharon Douglas
10-11-2004, 01:39 PM
forgot to say this was me on Friday............
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/13042-2004_1008Image0004.JPG
:evil: :evil: :evil:

amaze_1101
10-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Good morning cyber family. I just got up (6.30am monday) and reading through the thread I learn about Christopher Reves death. What a sad thing though he will at long last be free of those terrible binding chains. My prayers go out to his wife and family.

JT your desk looks very similar to mine. I think an untidy desk is the sign of a great artist!! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) :D

CHRIS Tidy or untidy, the family should not be going any where near your studio. That's the artists domain, a sacred place. Don't go tidying it up too much or you might misplace your inspiration. Note my comment to JT above!! :cat:

JJ thats interesting about fining if you don't vote. Here across the ditch we only get fined if we don't enroll for voting. We don't actually have to vote.
I have not voted twice. Simply wasn't happy with any options. I'd imagin you would be fine if you were in transit. Have a great week and be carefull of Chris when you meet him... He's an unknown quantity! :wink2:

Wish I didn't have to go to work this morning. I want to paint. :mad: Oh well! Have anice day folks. :wave:

sisangel
10-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Wow Lyn. So glad you are walking without the boot.

Doug - Thank you for the location of the uploader.

Here is the picture of the quilt I am entering in the show. It was taken before the binding was put on. I better finish doing that :(

I signed up today to work a children's workshop at the Crysler Art Museum.
The exhibit runs next weekend thru the end of Dec. I will work every 3rd weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing like an inquisitive child to get the creative juices flowing.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/20753-NYB.jpg

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bonnie G.

Yorky
10-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Its beautiful, Bonnie!

My sis-in-law is an avid quilter, and belongs to a quilting club in the UK. She is always looking for new designs, and I once read an article in New Scientist where a mathematician had discovered a way to make five-sided shapes all fit together to make a surface.

Anyway, I drew out the templates or her and she made up a unique quilt which was the envy of her friends.

Sadly, I can't find the pattern :rolleyes:

Doug

Europa
10-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi Gang

Well methinks I gave Doug a bit of shock this morning that i was already up and about - in fact had been up about an hour when he called.

Looking at the Good Mornings i have been getting - looks like a few are surprised - errrrrrr I do actually get up in the morning but more late morning than early morning....lol.

Just been watching the news about Christopher Reeves - reminds me of a dear friend of mine Stephen - he was in his first year of college studying to be a Physical Education teacher when he slipped down the bottom three steps on a spiral staircase after a night out - short story is his friends lifted him up - resulted in him breaking his spine in three places and being in a coma for a few months.

He never lost his sense of humour during his life - he passed away two years ago after his kidneys failed - he was given the option of a kidney transplant but told the doctors to give it to someone who had children (Steve never married but gosh he was a good looking guy! - such a charmer too...lol).

Waving to all TMTRTI - off to watch TV and maybe do some more on my latest portrait (ooooooooh who can it be I wonder?? :p :wink2: .....lol)

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!

Pat xxx

Nandie
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Morning Andrea, now that you've popped up I'm feeling guilty that I haven't started my 'pink brolly' painting for the challenge this week. We are using your piccy from the RIL of a cafe in Whistler.

Kevin, where is this challenge thread? I'd love to see everyone's results from painting my photo! Please show me!!! :)

mr sandbanx
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Andrea

See here for last week: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221316

This is the one that started it:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220374

This week should be posted Thursday provided we both get our homework done. thanks for the photo. Its a tough one.

Chris

JudyL
10-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Jackie, I crochet, but like I said, no pattern, usually.
Whoppers? Well the closest is in Leeds, and that is the best shopping place around. I go to B K because it is my touch of home. I also had to go get some more yarn for the baby blankets. I do like Leeds but it's not as pretty as York, but has better shopping. No Betty's in Leeds.
Doug, can you take a picture of the quilt?
I guess I'd better head for bed, the builder has told me I have to have the heat turned off by 8 AM, so need to be up early.
Be good!
JudyL

Christie
10-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Thought you might like to see the kids with the puppies. The puppies are about 10 weeks old and cute as a button

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Oct-2004/3523-kids_and_dogs.JPG

laudesan
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Thanksgiving meal is over, I am totally stuffed !!!! Had a fantastic time, lots of laughs, and wonderful people..

Menu on JJ's Trip Diary (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2793291#post2793291) Thread.. ;)

I am pooped..:D

Faafil
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi y'all..

breezing thru again... work, etc. so gets in the way of my time here... :(

Wanted to share this link of an exhibit at the Getty Center - 2 watercolor exhibits at the same time - the Cezanne exhibit opens tomorrow. Some really interesting links and info as well: The Prismatic Palette (http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/prismatic/index.html)

My favorite quote from the website description: "The ingredients of watercolor are simple: cakes or tubes of paints, brushes, water, and paper. Enormous skill, however, is required to master the medium."

Beautiful quilt Bonnie! I have one I started about 17 years ago :eek: One day I'll finish it (probably more like pay someone else to finish it).. :o

Sorry to be in such a rush... :wave: to everyone, and sending white light, postive vibes and 11 hugs !!

ML

ktrayn78
10-11-2004, 11:39 PM
'Evenin' everybody! l-o-n-g day. Columbus day and so I didn't get my ink cartridge in the mail and thus whole days plans ruined :mad: (was going to print out some stuff from the ril and Chris and Kevin's challenge.) But I did get some painting done so I guess I'm just being dramatic, it really wasn't all that bad.

Anita, nurses are amazing! My b.i.l.'s mom, Donna, is a nurse. The day her husband of 40 years (a wonderful man named Mace) died of cancer I was in her bathroom throwing up blood (probably from eating 10 tylenol a day for a week :rolleyes: .) I felt so guilty I wanted to just disappear. Everyone else was making phone calls and picking out funeral clothes and being helpful. I was lying on the bathroom floor. Donna came in and sat down and her eyes were all red and she smiled at me and said "Good. Someone to take care of." And she took care of me. It's very humbling to know such selfless people.

Char, maybe I will post what I've got done so far on my brazil picture, you guys might be able to get me unstuck!

Bonnie, your quilt is FABULOUS! My mom's a quilter, I'll have to show her. I hope you win!

Pat, I'm sorry about Stephen. He sounds like a really cool guy.

Fees for not registering and not voting...intriguing. But if it is your right to vote, or to be a registered voter, isn't it your right not to? Were those policies always in place or were the implemented to turn around the decline in voter participation? 'Cause we could use something to motivate people but not sure if that tactic would be considered "un-american" (an arrangement or system that inconveniences an American.) :p