PDA

View Full Version : Sunday night Show-N-tell if you want to...

Mr.Smiley
10-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Here's some boro pendants I've been working on. I seem to be in a cobalt blue mood. I'm not really feeling blue though.

Feel free to post silliness too. I started this thread, so any thing goes! :clap: :clap: :clap:

crsann
10-10-2004, 08:26 PM
yummy yummy :clap: :clap:

jeffwelsh23462
10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
here are 3 more sea dragons...and a jerry garcia dichroic bear pendant.. have a great evening! :wave: :wave:

jessicah
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
I was fooling around with the glass today, trying to work 'outside the box' . Here's what I came up with. My 17 yr old son promptly claimed it, I guess that means it's 'cool' enough.

Orca
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Love the pendants!

But Jess......rock on! Wasn't that fun???? A gorgeous beady!!!

nursekatie
10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Mr. Smiley....wonderful pendants! I have a few of your items on my watch list :evil:

Jeff, your work makes me want to do boro!! Lovely!!

Jessicah.....The best compliments for me are from my 17 year old son......when he wants one of my beads......my head swells!! That is one cool bead!!

I finally got a new photo editing program......very cool!! Although I still can't seem to get the sizing right.........here are 2 that I got the size right on...LOL. One is a close up of a long tube bead that I just love.........I love the close up too......I will get the one of the whole thing resized so you can see it :D The other is vetronfond olive with R 108 powder and scroll work.

Amozoo
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Smiley, those pendants are great, you really are nuding me back towards my boro. I've almost made enough beads to treat myself. Your pendants are beautiful
Jeff Those sea horses are wonderful
Jessie, That is very creative!
Katie, those beads and pictures are great! I love the close up. I made a few focals the other day here are a few. I had fun in the mountains last night visiting my daughters.

Becky Mason
10-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Mr. Smiley - Your cobalt blue pendants are almost ethereal, like something from a dream.

Jeff - I never get tired of seeing your gorgeous sea creatures.

Jess - Cool bead :cool: , and I'm sure it is even cooler in person.

Katie - Love the Vetrofond olive with the R108. Nice combo.

Amoret - Your second bead looks like a watercolor painting - beautiful!

First picture - I have been struggling with the R108, but I'm happy with the way this set turned out. I took a Lauscha dark teal rod and heated the tip and rolled it in R108 medium chunks, melted it in, and pulled stringer. Then I decorated black beads. I like the way you can see the striations of the teal wihin the stringer. The beads reminded me of something you'd see through a telescope. I'll be liting these on eBay later this week. Wish me luck.

Second picture - a cute little set of frit beads. I think there are about 12 colors of frit in this mix.

Becky Mason

mackro
10-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Smiley - Those pendants almost have a spiritual feel to them. They are gorgeous.

- Mack

NLC
10-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Love all the goodies from everyone. Boro and dichro pendants are breathtaking, I admire anyone's time in making a set. :) The "outside the box" bead deserves stealing. :evil:

Wanted to share a quick story (one of my faves) due to Mr. Smiley's "I'm not blue..."

Picasso's blue period - everyone knows about it. People would critique him, saying he was depressed, upset, etc. Someone FINALLY asked him, and his reply? Something along the lines of "I was broke, blue paint was cheapest..." Ahhh... So how much is that blue glass? ;)

And since this is a S&T - gratuitious Raku sheep pic. :D Yeah, you knew it was coming....