PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash, Sunday October 10***

mr sandbanx
10-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Here we are on Sunday and guess what:

Son takes us out to dinner. Arrive home telephone message, Brenda hands me phone (you know that look they get when a woman calls you, yeah that look.... imagine that for a second).

Message from a woman with slight Australian accent which gives her away: Its JJ has tracked me down!!! and Gail.

I ponder, pace, sigh explain.... call back.

Once I drew her out of her shell, it turns out JJ is a somewhat chatty, and very much a funny lady, no need to meet her now as she told me the story of her entire trip in about 20 minutes. Seems she has not yet posted the tale of Alan and the free champagne, but she can tell you that one. So meet her I must and it appears she can fit me in to her schedule Thursday. (Tim Hortons being clearly more important!). And does anyone here know that Gail has such a beautiful voice. Well she does.

Got a date with an angel
Got to meet her at seven
Got a date with an angel
And Iím on my way to heaven

Thursday being poetry 'n painting pthursday, I will need to make arrangements with Kevin and my management team to carry the day without me, and I shall need to finish those efforts a bit earlier.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Chris

Roun2it
10-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Morning each,

Oh, come on Chris you know the only rule we have for thpainting & thpoetry thursday is that JJ Rules. So no need to excuse yourself.

Anyway you say the poem is finished and you've been painting brollies for the last couple of days, with one ending up stuck to your rear!! So Thursday should be clear anyway.

I missed JJ when she was here so give her a big kiss from me......pppppppppppmmmt...eeeeyuk. But no tongues!! :p

Not lifted brush nor pen yet for this week. Must get started. Computer has been playing up so done all the things you do to try to eliminate, I'm still getting a lot of 'Page not Found' notices, so something wrong somewhere. :confused:

Saw the surgeon on Friday, will need a kneecap replacement in left leg. 85-90% success rate and if it doesnt work a total knee replacement. But to do nothing would mean increasing damage to knee joint with an 100% chance of more damage to knee joint and a definate total knee replacement. So being as how I'm fighting off the time to have the knee replacement in my right knee, I've decided to go for the new patella in the left. (Insert ouch icon here)

So maybe a poem about knees. Lots more words to rhyme with knee that in the flower painting you chose, did you know there are no words that rhyme with 'orange'!!!

Olga
10-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Hi Mr Sandbean, hello Washer friends,

Can't wait for the Thursday episode of Mr Bean Meets Lucy...

I am stopping by earlier today (the family is still asleep) since yesterday every time I tried to post something called normal life interrupted.

My younger DH gave us a scare yesterday as she apparently fainted while waiting for a tram at a tram stop...It happened right after she left home to go to her piano lesson . After some people on the stop helped her up and she came to, she just went on to the lesson (so we did not find out after until after she came back home). For the rest of the day she was totally fine. She's a perfectly healthy (knock on wood) 15-year-old and has never fainted before. :confused: Apart from the fact that right before she had left home she took a hot shower, we cannot figure out anything that could have provoked it... And I am just glad that she did not hurt herself when falling and that it happened on a tram stop rather than in the middle of the street... And now let's hope it was a quirky one off affair...

I am curious what Jaytee is going to come up with today :D My Round Bin painting for this week got finished on Friday night :p :D but I need to try to do another today since I will be away in Warsaw from Thursday to Sunday next week.

First though, I think we are going to drive to the Hague to see a Carel Fabritius exhibit at the Maurtishuis... It's a small show since very few of his works survive--he was only 30 when he was killed and his studio destroyed by an explosion of the arsenal in Delft.
It's a beautiful day here so we might go for a walk somewhere as well...

Time to go have some coffee.... Weaving to AWAYTC

Have a great Sunday!!!

Olga

HI Kev--we cross-posted. Sorry about those knees! Hope it all goes relatively painlessly.

Ellen in Ont
10-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:
I am up early after being wakened by my husband trying to get up "quietly" for work. I couldn't fall back to sleep because I started thinking about the painting I was working on till midnight and can't wait to get back to. :D I'll have a quick cup of tea, shower and then do some more on it. My plans for this afternoon will have to include a nap. :rolleyes:

Chris - lucky you to be able to meet up with JJ in person. Maybe you will be part of her next adventure (I don't know if that would be a good thing or not)

Kev - sorry about the knee but if it will put off a knee replacement... Wishing you a speedy recovery

Olga - hope your daughter is feeling fine with no repeat of the fainting. It sounds like you have a great day planned. It is raining here and only 3 degrees but the sun is supposed to come out later (I guess that means laundry for me. I love the smell of air dried clother)

:wave: TAWAYTC Hope your day is a great one. Happy Thanksgiving.

amaze_1101
10-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Hello out there in Washville :wave:

Almost monday here and I have been in the studio all day doing a lot of pondering, and a bit of poetry and a little painting. It was a good and creative day.

JJ is certainly getting around. How blessed is SHE? What I would give to be hiding in her suitcase. :angel:

Chris make sure you take good care of her and for goodness sake DON'T make her follow you around the golf course. Will she get to meet Malty too I wonder to myself?? :rolleyes: (Poor JJ, does she really realise what she's in for?)

Kev, you are certainly knee deep in health issues. :D Just pulling your leg! :D Ok seriously now. I will keep you in my prayers. Looking forward to seeing the Pink brollies this week. Only I'm cheering for Sandbanx cos, well just cos really! :evil: (Your foreground was too darn good last week!) ;)

OlgaHope your young DH (not sure what that stands for :confused: ) is feeling better. First thing I thought of is, is she eating properly? Anyway I know you will be keeping an eye on her.

I'm off to my bed. The only thing about these washes is I'm here when they start then go off to bed, wake up to find a zillion new ones to go through and I can't keep up with you all! Oh well. Have a nice sunday folks. :wave:

Yorky
10-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Morning all :wave:

It's a lovely morning here - spent the morning so far setting up another DVD recording of Watercolour Challenge 2000.

Glad you got the final diagnosis on your knees, Kev - I suppose you have little choice but to have the new kneecap. Hope you can shorten the wait for a new right knee. What do you put the damage down to - did you play rugby or was it just pounding the beat?

Have a pleasant day, Olga - enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.

Chris - you have a treat coming meeting up with JJ - a chance to experience the Aussie character - warm and generous and loquacious. :D

Son David has just departed for two days golfing at Mottram Hall golf course at Prestbury, Cheshire with his office colleagues. He really enjoys golf since he took it up last year.

Spent an hour puttting up 38 paintings at the library yesterday morning then someone said they would be better spaced out more and proceeded to take them down and re-arrange them :rolleyes: Did ask why they didn't say this earlier :confused: Anyway at that point I departed and left them to it.

Wind is rising and leaves are beginningto shower down from next door's trees into my garden - a clean up will be in order when they are finished.

Hi Ellen, have a good day.

Bye for now, BBL,

Doug

painterbear
10-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just past 6:15 a.m. here in Ohio. I have a cup of green tea sitting on my desk as I type this doctored with my cinnamon and Sweet 'n Low. I find that green tea has absolutely ZERO flavor, even though it is supposed to be good for you, it is like drinking hot water! Yuk!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHIE! (Cathie Jones) Hope you have a wonderful day and fabulous year ahead with lots of time for getting your watercolor brushes wet!

Kev, Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your knees. (Since I am having a spot of ache there myself, I can really empathise with you right now. :angel: ). Sounds like the kneecap replacement might be beneficial.

Doug, Glad you didn't hang around and help "them" rehang the paintings you had just finished hanging. There is always someone in the crowd who just has to put their finger in the pie, isn't there. Thirty-eight paintings is a pretty good sized exhibit. Your library must have a lot of space on their walls. Good luck with the sales, hope you have fewer to bring home than you brought in.

Olga, That must have been scary to learn about your DD fainting. Hope it doesn't occur again. Glad there were people around to help her when it happened.

Did Carel Fabritius live around the same time as Vermeer? I remember reading something about the Arsenal explosion in Delft when I read The Girl With a Pearl Earring What a shame he died so young.

Chris, I think you will have a blast meeting JJ and Alan. She called me once from Australia and we talked for an hour! I NEVER talk on the telephone for longer than a few minutes and we chatted away like old friends for an hour! Amazing. Be sure to take a camera along for your WC gathering of the Canadian clan. We want to see too.

Ellen, Isn't it fun to have a painting that you are enjoying so much that it is in your thoughts when you go to bed and again as soon as you awaken. Look forward to seeing it.

Amaze, Hope you are enjoying a nice sleep. It is a small world we live in here on WC with everyone at a different part of their day or evening all chatting at the same time. That is one of the reasons I always start my post off with the time it is here where I live because so many people are at different parts of their day or evening.

Don't have anything planned to paint. No pressing urge to put something down on paper. I may do a small postcard-size gouache painting. I've never done one entirely in gouache so it would have to be something fairly simple as I learn how to handled the paints. I'm sure it will be very different from the transparent watercolors I'm used to. Maybe I'll stop at the IL after this.

Hope all are feeling better today than yesterday.

SYL,

Sylvia

Yorky
10-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Doug, Glad you didn't hang around and help "them" rehang the paintings you had just finished hanging. There is always someone in the crowd who just has to put their finger in the pie, isn't there. Thirty-eight paintings is a pretty good sized exhibit. Your library must have a lot of space on their walls. Good luck with the sales, hope you have fewer to bring home than you brought in.
SYL,

Sylvia

Sylvia, the exhibit was of painting by members of Ormskirk Artists, only three were mine. The exhibit is on show until 23rd October then it moves to Ormskirk Library. The Skelmersdale Library is a fine modern building - the best library in the area.

I rejoined and took out a good book - "Painting Wild Places" by David Bellamy. When I retired and took up watercolours, it was a David Bellamy book which inspired me, and I copied all his paintings - his forte was painting mountains, which he often does plein air in all weathers.

I haven't seen the film "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" yet - it sound like a "must see" for an artist.

Doug

Lia-Chan
10-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just past 6:15 a.m. here in Ohio. I have a cup of green tea sitting on my desk as I type this doctored with my cinnamon and Sweet 'n Low. I find that green tea has absolutely ZERO flavor, even though it is supposed to be good for you, it is like drinking hot water! Yuk!

Well , you can wait and drink it cold mixed with juice ! Double benefit for health :)

Today i woke up sooo early , about 06:15 am... it's a beautiful sunny morning here and it's happening the Cirio (i mentioned it before) , you can watch it by internet here : http://www.orm.com.br/cirio/ - only if you have broadband, i think . It will probably take place by whole morning ...

I think that i'm going to go back to sleep now

painterbear
10-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Doug,

I recommend the book over the movie. I found the book interesting for an insight into Vermeer's homelife but the movie would have been very confusing if I hadn't already read the book. It isn't very long though.

Well, since you only put in three of the paintings, hope you return home with none. ;)

Off to get the coffee going and wake up DH for breakfast. We'll finish off an apple crostata (like an open face tart) I made yesterday. The Michigan apple harvest is coming in and we bought a mixture of wonderful crisp, tart apples the other day. Made a delicious treat and will taste even better today.

SYL,

Sylvia

jaytee
10-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Afternoon All

MANY HAPPY RETURNS CATHIE XXX

mumbling........
fifty weeks and 1.5 days !

GET ON WITH IT JAYTEE !!!!!!!

love and good thoughts to all...........

Europa
10-10-2004, 07:43 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!!!

Just zipping through - taking Mum to the cemetery today - it was our David's birthday on Friday so she likes to go and put flowers on birthdays and anniversaries.

Finally finished a private portrait I have been working on for over a week - it was doing my head in and at one point I nearly binned it but perservered - am happy with the results now though.

Have to dash - waving to everyone and sending white light to those in need.

Oh quick point - Chris - when you meet JJ - remember - as soon as she takes a breath START TALKING - or you wont get chance otherwise.......LOL..... :evil: :p ( love her really!!!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHIE!!! :clap:

Love and hugs

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Uschi
10-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Was blue sky when I got up but by now a raw sienna/ultramarine cloud cover coming from the east (unusual) has taken over most of it.

Brunch with my friends at my house today, will finish my painting in the afternoon.

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!!!!!!!!! and wishing you many more!!!

Patty - gorgeous daughter!!!!!!!!

Judy - bathroom is a mess LOL but will be worth it when you have a laundry room!! Baby blanket looks soooooooo fluffy, no wonder your grandchild loves it!!!!

Chris - looking forward to your report of meeting with JJ and Gail!!

Olga and JJ - full of antifipation re second week's paintings! Daughter's fainting - weird, let's hope it's a one time deal

Kev - OUCH!!!!

Ellen - ENJOY!!!!

Doug - a moving around exhibit - lots of exposure!!!!

Pat - I hope your portrait is in the gallery - will go and check next

Haven't heard from Otter nor Emilie - hope all is well!!!!

Sending good thoughts out to each and every one of you and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

JudyL
10-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Happy Sunday everyone, We have been up and out today. Just got back from Homebase,where we got 16 MDF panels finished to look like tongue and groove. Plus a few other things, and we got out having spent 200 GBP ( I wish our computer would put the sign for pounds in) Now Jack is destroying more of the bathroom. He has to go to work at 8 tonite so he will not be doing too much (I hope)
He has gotten so used to driving to the Tip (dump) that he drove there automatically, so we just went to Sainsburys and had latte (& tea) at Starbucks, then backtracked to Homebase.
He has been inviting the neighbors to view the total destruction of the bathroom, nice.
Olga, be sure to take your Dear Daughter to the doctor. It may be nothing, but it would be good to be sure, has she been dieting?
Well, I guess I'll go try to put something back together.
BBL
JudyL

Yorky
10-10-2004, 08:52 AM
...........( I wish our computer would put the sign for pounds JudyL

If you're using a PC try holding down ALT and typing 0163 on the number pad - doesn't work on my laptop :(

Otherwise look in Programs/Accessories/System/Character map to get any special character you need.

Doug

Strawberry Wine
10-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Chris - you have a treat coming meeting up with JJ - a chance to experience the Aussie character - warm and generous and loquacious. :D Doug

We looked it up.. loquacious.. :p :D

JJ here. ood Morning.. Cool here in Island Grove but nice..

We were entertained by the neighbours last night and a couple of glasses of red. What a hoot Gail neighbour Connie is. Boy can she tell a story.. She has broken so many bones and got into so much mischief, she outfoes me.. LOL :D :cat:

We are off to Toronto today, (when Dan wakes up. these oldies can't handle a late night) :D :angel:

KEV.. ((((((((i)))))))) Take the gelatine.. I swear to God it helps!!!!!

Huge hugs to everybody!! You are all too funny.. :D :wink2:
Huggles and healing thoughts to all hurting and ill..

JJ

Strawberry Wine
10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
JJ and Gail here forgetting to wish a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHIE

Cheers and hugs

Gail

Little Old Lady
10-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Greetings :wave:
Happy birthday Cathie!! :clap: :clap:
:envy: All the people getting together!
Lynn both our tems won yesterday! :clap: :clap:
Char asked if I was still planning to seel. Planning but getting to it going slowly :eek:
Hope you all have a good one!
JoAnn

maltman
10-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Was blue sky when I got up but by now a raw sienna/ultramarine cloud cover coming from the east (unusual) has taken over most of it.

Uschi

Sorry about that...must have been me starting the fire this morning...I always like to have a fire on Thanksgiving weekend...that and the meal.

Hello to everone
:wave: :wave: :wave:

I intend to paint today..don't know what yet ..Elaine forwarded me some images that I may use (well one), we''ll have to see what happens.

Going to take the dog for a walk..so will catch up later

Have a nice day!

Brian

Roun2it
10-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Glad you got the final diagnosis on your knees, Kev - I suppose you have little choice but to have the new kneecap. Hope you can shorten the wait for a new right knee. What do you put the damage down to - did you play rugby or was it just pounding the beat?

No got all these problems in a car accident in 1985, after lots of treatment and various ops to sort right leg my right kneecap was removed in 1987. The left leg was not sorted out due to the severity of the right leg, needed one leg to stand on. But recently the left leg has been giving major problems and now after 2 ops on it they have made this decision. Car accidents like mine can have a long term legacy, during from late 80's to mid 90's all was OK, but problems built up, forcing me to eventually take early retirement and to try and get things sorted.

Happy Birthday Cathie, may all that jazz be with you.

Yorky
10-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Sorry Kev, I'm sure you told me that before, but I have a brin like a sieve - forget everything these days :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Cathie - Kev said it :)

Doug

Cathie Jones
10-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Good morning Washerbuddies! Thank you for the birthday wishes . . .

and . . .

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!!!

Having brunch this morning with mom, daughter, grandaughter and a couple of friends. DH gave me an early present yesterday - Sirius satellite radio!! I have 2 computers on my desk at work (PC and electronic mapping) plus a scanner and 2-way radio equipment - so my radio only picks up 2 music stations. Hoping this will work and give me a few more choices. Works great in the car!!!

Have a wonderful day . . . XOXOXOXO

artmom
10-10-2004, 09:51 AM
:wave:

JoAnn, you had a room full of Tennesseans cheering for your team yesterday!!! :D We all decided our hearts can't take too many more games like the Vols vs. Bulldogs one!! Congrats to you, too!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cathie Many Happy Returns of the Day!! :D

Too many posts for my poor arthritic hands to reply to this morning; they are really hurting for some reason! :( But hugs to all!!!

Olga, is your daughter anemic? When I was 17, I fainted (while having my teeth cleaned LOL) and I was anemic.

Best wishes to those in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

BBL

Lyn

droll13
10-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Quick visit. Getting ready (charge camera batteries, format floppies, look up my notes on our performance vs this team in the past) for daughter's soccer game.

I fell asleep around 9:00 last night, woke up at 12:30 this AM & couldn't get back to sleep. So I spent a few hours working on a Day Runner type calendar I'm making for a friend. Lot's of work - 100s of graphics (some my photos, some my paintings, some their photos, some miscellaneous graphics) to select, resize and position.

Gotta run now. Everyone have a good day.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Cathie. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2004/23514-OA8X0318.JPG

Nacre
10-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Cathie http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2004/28847-1583-Birth00004.gif :wave: ((( Hugs )))

Starsprite
10-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Mr Sandbean! :D Hee heeeeee...that's a good one Olga!! :evil: :clap: :clap:

I'm sure Sandbean meets JJ will be an exciting adventure...and we want pics. :D :angel:

Olga, my 15 year old daughter has fainted before too...for no apparent reason, but she's fine healthwise. Maybe it was a little stuffy or warm there and she just fainted. I have done that before myself.

Loquacious....very good Doug...I'm impressed! :D

Hi Malty...what kind of dog do you have? I love dogs..wish I had one. We just have two Green Water Dragon lizards now...and a tank of tropical fish. Maybe I could find leashes for the lizards and take them for a walk?!! What a site!! :D :D

Just think Kev...when you get your knee "fixed" how much more fun going on your walks with your dog will be. Well worth it I would say. :)

Elaine...I still am gobsmacked at your painting of that beautiful victorian style house..... wish I could paint like you...maybe a WIP is in order? Purty please?! :D

Well...CRS is setting in bigtime...was up late last night watching a movie and listening to music...(not at the same time though).

Before I forget.........

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!!!!

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Christie
10-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Morning All!

Many happy returns of the day Cathie! Your early gift sounds great!

Getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Laundry is going and so is the dishwasher! Sure hope DH doesn't want a shower soon!

JJ, you are going to be sooo happy to get home and stop meeting people!:D That Ontario crowd is reputed to be wild!

I fainted around the time I was 15 as well. Several times in fact.:D The doctor put it down to major growth spurts. She did not seem concerned and neither did my mum. I was worried however! I mean, how uncool to faint in front of your friends..... :wink2:

Kev, the knee thing makes me wince. Sorry that it needs to be done, but glad that the technology exists.

Starsprite, you made me spray tea on my display! The thought of you walking your lizards created a mind picture that I still can't get rid of.:D

Okay, back to dealing with "Stuff" in the vain attempt to look organized.:D

Take care

sisangel
10-10-2004, 12:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ((((((((((((((((CATHIE))))))))))))))

Okay, okay. I have only been gone for 8 months. I do miss you all. I have been lurking a couple of times this week and had to jump in and post since its Cathie's birthday.

I also started painting again this week. The good thing is I've been away from it long enough to forget my bad habits, except for the overpainting part. I need to work on that.

The best to you Kev on your knee surgery. I had surgery beginning of sept and once they were in there realized that I had to have a total replacement. So I am scheduled for that Dec 27th. We can be in the waiting room together :wink2:

Hello to all I haven't talked to in many months and also to those who are new since I have been away. It's good to read the wash again.

Bonnie G.

jaytee
10-10-2004, 01:00 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi Bonny............ so good to see you here again. and glad you are painting

(((hugs)))

djdedman
10-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Good Afternoon All,
Just zooming by :music: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cathie :music:
Best to you Kev, speedy recovery too.
Do hope Chris remembers to take pics
Wishing you all a great fun healthy day
BBL
Jackie

Olga
10-10-2004, 03:04 PM
HI again,
Happy Birthday, Cathie!!!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Welcome back, Bonnie :) Good to see you!!

Thanks all for your concern about Hannah. My first thought was also that it was lack of food--but she ate before she left, so whatever it was, it was not hunger. In the meantime I did read on the web that it is not so uncommon for teens... So, I am hoping it will not happen again and in the meantime I'll keep a careful eye on her. (And Elaine, the DH was a typo, meant to write DD)

Sylvia--Yes, Fabritius was about the same time as Vermeer. Vermeer was born in 1632 and Fabritius in 1622. There are only 8 signed paintings by him (plus another 4 that are attributed to Fabritius but not signed). He studied with Rembrandt and then worked in Delft. His most famous painting is the little painting of a bird.
I thought I put the finch here for Jackie since I remember she likes birds :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2004/7629-puttertje.jpg

The exhibit was really fun. In addition to looking at the Fabritius I could pay my customary visit to the Girl with a Pearl Earring (and the View of Delft). Mauritshuis is a great little museum--just a few rooms but it's just full of masterpieces.
Can't resist adding two more photos, one from the road to the Hague, just because it's so typically Dutch and the other one from the Hague, right near the museum, entrance to where the Dutch parliament has its offices.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2004/7629-windmill.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2004/7629-hague1.jpg

Jaytee, how are doing?

Well, if I want to paint today, I better get going...

Weaving to all--HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL CANADIANS!!!

Olga

CharM
10-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone!!! Taking a few minutes to sit down before my guests arrive...
The turkey is roasting and smells devine... two kinds of stuffing (one bread and one meat)...
the squash is cooked and just needs to be rewarmed...
the salads are made... a cabbage salad, a gelatin salad and a cucumber with sun dried tomatoes and feta salad...
My pickled asparagus is laid out and I just have to shave the parmesan onto it...
I have a whole cauliflower roasting in garlic butter...
the pies, 2 apple and 2 pumpkin are cooling...
the table is set... the centrepiece is put together...
I've even got the cream whipped for dessert...
All that's left is to cook the potatoes and the corn...

Happy Birthday Cathie!!!!

Welcome back Bonnie!!!!

:wave: Hi! to everyone... Beaming white light to all who are hurting... higgs and jingles to all...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and extended family!!!!

{edit} Back again... to send special ((hugs)) to Kev... he knee-ds them... :evil: and Olga's Hannah... she's a growing concern... :evil:

Cathie Jones
10-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks again for the birthday wishes - it's such a blessing to be part of such a caring group!

BONNIE G!!!!! I've missed you Sisangel. So good to "see" you here again. :D

Love the photos, Olga - hope Hannah will stay upright!!!

Had a great brunch with all my girls (mom, daughter, granddaughter, daughter's best friend & her kids) and DH. I sure do love my wimmenfolk!!

Time for Rams football . . . BBL XOXOXOXO

JudyL
10-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Hi again,
Sorry Doug, I tried but couldn't make it work. I have put Jack on the job. Probably after bathroom #1 is done.
I have been very good today, done the washing, drying and the ironing. My reward awaits in the freezer.
Tomorrow Steve the Builder arrives bright and early and I plan on making a pot of coffee, then will make my escape. May go to Leeds for a bit of shopping and will get a Whopper.
Have fun JJ & co
Happy Birthday Cathie

JudyL

jaytee
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Olga. ......finally started at 10.00pm !!!!!!!!!!!!! 54 mins ago :D

waiting for wash to dry - my excuse:D Wont be an early post tomorrow :D

Char.......... to many puns in a post :evil: :evil:

laudesan
10-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Char you dinner sounds devine, I can almost smell it!! :p licking lips..

I am going to ask Gail to "do" a couple of pics for you now..;)

Huggles Everyone.

Back.......

Gails cd drive wont reconise my photo disks, so no pics for a while. I am so sorry, I really wanted to share with you..

We will work something out tomorrow tho' hopefully..

artmom
10-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Wonderful photos!

Sounds as if you are having a great time, JJ!! Isn't Toronto wonderful?

Talked with Erin (better known as Lou or Vestalqueen). She broke her wrist last Sunday, as I reported. It was her left wrist and she is right-handed. She has pins and plates in it! :eek: However, she is able to type, knit, and tat!! :clap: :clap: :clap: When I asked her how she did it, she was reluctant to confess that she stood on a sturdy kitchen chair, with its back against the wall and simply got vertigo when she leaned her head back! She went straight backwards and narrowly missed hitting her head on the coffee table--so it could have been much worse. She said she felt like a "dork." :evil: :D Ambulance came on Sunday morning, sirens blaring, lights flashing and stirred up the neighborhood.

Sisangel (Bonnie G.) welcome back!

I've just about finished all of my work on the Robin Round Pot Party. Pics tomorrow when it is light.

Lyn

CharM
10-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Hiya!! My guests have gone home, sated... They left precious few leftovers... I have enough turkey to make a few sandwiches tomorrow and some soup (of course there will HAVE to be soup)... In case anyone feels like dropping by for coffee, I still have an apple pie...

I talked with my Army Son this morning and my West Coast Son after dinner... then, just as I was hanging up, Uschi called... so I talked with her awhile... meanwhile, my guests cleaned up all my dishes for me!!! I don't own a dishwasher (yes, I know it's the 21st century), so it was really a big treat...

I have to tell you that the head of cauliflower roasted in garlic butter was to die for!!! It was the hit of my dinner... I'll certainly do it again... and it was so pretty... no... I didn't take pics... everything happens so fast when I start putting dinner on the table...

Lyn... looking forward to your RR contribution... the icing on the cake so to speak!

Glad that Erin is managing and even though the break was bad, at least she can do *stuff*...

JudyL... getting out of the house while the builders are working is pure genius...

JJ... maybe we can get your card to work down here... my computer has two or three media readers and several usb ports...

JT... I know... my brain works in pretty strange ways sometimes... :D

Cathie... I'm glad you had a great time... and just a tad jealous... I've NEVER had wimminfolk...

So... trying to find a comfortable spot to park my poor old hip... drawing out my next composition... Beaming white and healing light to all in need... lots of hugs to go around and will see you all in the morning!!! Gnite, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite...

...oh... I do have to tell you... When my Mother arrived, I asked her what she thought of the floor... Why? she asked... did you wash it??? Oh, LOL, LOL, LOL... NO I said... the NEW floor... Very nice, dear she said...

Cathie Jones
10-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Char, I wish my wimminfolk lived closed enough to share with you. Until my grandmother died 8 years ago, we were 5 generations of women - in two houses next door to each other.

Faafil
10-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Happy Birthday Cathie !!!! Many happy returns...

Char, you'll have to share that cauliflower recipe (or did I miss it) - sounds deeeelish !!

zooming through, so :wave: to all...sending white light, healing vibes and 11 hugs !!

ML

Christie
10-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, dinner is over. When I picked it up from the club my car started to smell delicious. By the time I was home, I was HUNGRY!:D

Anyhow, we got turkey, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, carrots, squash. roasted turnips, gravy, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. too full to type much more.:D Friends bought salad, bread and drinks.... Not many leftovers. We paid for dinner for 4, but it fed 6 people handily. See? I DO know how to take it easy...:D:evil:

Char, you dinner sounds like it was amazing! Don't you love guests who help?:)

Glad to hear that Erin has fessed up to how she did her wrist in.:D Nothing like an ambulance to wake up the neighbors and make them wonder about your home life.:D

We are both exhausted and I think it will be an early night. See you tomorrow.

Roun2it
10-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Buuuurp.........I'm full up with all this talk of food.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,New Wash Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221960)