PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all our Kington new friends

hopefulbucky
10-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to say "hi" from Sorrento. We have finished our travels through England, France (Brittany and Paris) loved them both. Stayed at my husband's sister near Vannes , just gorgeous, made a lot of little side trips, my sister-in-law married a Frenchman so the language was almost totally French (made some4 use of my college French) and my husband's two other sisters, one from Tangier, Morocco and the other from Buenos Aires, Argentina were there, we stayed 5 days and then on to Paris where we stayed in the Latin Quarter. What a ball we had doing tours, taking the metro, just walking, doing the Musee (back door no waiting), Louvre fantastic (except the paintings floor was closed) and the Rodin . Many other things but lov ing just walking and getting the feel of the city.

Then on to Italy where we met daughter in Milan, rented a car and drove to 5 Terre, what can I say, we stayed in Levanto at a tiny little B&B with a sweet young man who just opened it one year ago. Absolutely charming. Then went to the 5 towns, hiked between a few of them, trained it to several, stayed hours in Vernazza, dinner at the last one whose name escapes me at the moment, heard a professional violinist playing in the tunnels accompanied by an acc ordian , playing VIVALDI and so very very talented. Then on the Florence which was a nightmare to drive through but made it through it and on to Fiesole and to our Tuscan villa where we stayed for 3 days , met lovely folks, toured Florence, saw DAVID, magnificent, walked and walked and walked, and then on to Roma by train where we met up with our eldest son (well it turns out we took all day to meet him since we were at the Termini waiting for him and his plane was circling Rome, flying to Genoa , being re gassed, etc. so he was 6 hours late=. We just decided to go on a tour and left him the keys to where we were staying. When we returned there he was and he had taken his own tour. Yesterday we went to the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's, awesome and then today took a train for Sorrento.

Tonight we just wandered the streets, shopped and had a lovely dinner watching all the folks doing the passeo. What a life!

Just thought I would let you know what I had been doing. Oh forgot to tell you just one of my adventures, Day before yesterday in Rome we took a taxi home from dinner as we were exhausted after a long day and it was late. We got up to the apt. we were in and I realized that my digital camera was missing. I was just sick and realized that it had dropped out of my pocket in the taxi. I called the Bee-Hive as this apt. was one of theirs but held out little hope. I had a very down day yesterday as I had lost all my photos from Tuscany (the memory card was my new 1 gig so I had lost over 180 photos). They called the taxi company, etc., nada, nothing. ... This morning at 7 a.m. the buzzer rang and my husband answered and this guy babbling in Italian kept tallking and my hubbie buzzed him in and lo and behold it was the taxi driver, who had somehow found us and returned my camera intact. What a lucky girl am I!!!! Just thought I would share a bit about our world trip.

We have one more week and then it will be b ack home to Portland. Will catch up with all the news when I return there. Ciao

Yorky
10-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi Judy :wave:

You're having a wonderful tour of Europe, I'm :envy: of the places you are visiting.

What luck with camera - restores your faith in humanity doesn't it.

Look forward to seeing your photos in the RIL when you get home.

Keep it up!

Doug

jaytee
10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi Judy & Robert

Thanks for reporting in .......Glad youre having such a good time ............ditto what Doug said re camera & pics .....

Safe journey home when the time comes...........try not breathing in the aircraft and so not catching cold :evil:

(((hugs)))

Uschi
10-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Me too :envy: :envy: :envy: and more :envy: :D

Oh how wonderful to see all these exciting and beautiful places!!!!!

Soo sorry about your memory card but soo glad about your camera. WOW for this to happen in Italy is a miracle!!

Uschi

artmom
10-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I AM COMPLETELY GREEN WITH ENVY! but am happy you are having a wonderful time!

Lyn

Kate Mc
10-10-2004, 10:09 AM
:wave: Hi Judy!! What an adventure you're having! Your description is so clear I almost feel as if I'd been there. Well, ok, some of it I HAVE been to, but you know what I mean....

I'm glad you got your camera back. I love it when things like that happen. It just challenges my cynical side. :p

Dan says HI to Robert... :wave:

Eat a pizza for me!

Kate

hopefulbucky
10-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, actually Kate will have a pizza tonight downtown Sorrento as last night we splurged a bit but it was so worth it, just the ambiance I would have paid for.

Today we spent the day at Pompeii. Really fascinating, spent about 4 hours there and just got back on the bockety train. Then our shuttle up to our paradise on the mountain overlooking Sorrento a bit of a rest and then downtown for our pizza.

Tomorrow Capri.

BTW I didnąt loose the memory card either, whole thing returned.

Ciao.

Europa
10-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Waving to Judy across the Channel - ooooh you lucky thing - I would love to go back to Rome - been over 20 yrs since I was last there - remember to throw a coin in the Trevi fountain (I didnt so thats probably why I havent been back. :crying: ).

Glad you got your camera back - really restores your faith in human kindness when that happens.

Oooooh you should have told us you were going to Capri - I could have done a rendition of a Gracie Fields song - she was from Rochdale in Lancashire and was famous for her movies and songs - was known as 'Our Gracie' - she spent her final days in Capri - you may get to see her house.

:music: Sallyyyyyy - Sallyyyyyyyyyyy - pride of our alley...... :music:

Ok have finished reminiscing now....lol.....have a safe journey wherever your going next.

Ciao baby!!!

Pat xx

madmum
10-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi Judy and Robert!!!!! :wave:

Ooooooooh I'm :envy: :envy: :envy: too! What a wonderful adventure!

I can imagine how relieved you were to get your camera back, it just proves that there are some good people out there still!

Enjoy the rest of your time in Europe, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your news!

Ruth

Sharon Douglas
10-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Judy and Robert,
it was lovely to meet you both in Kington.
It sounds as though you are having a wonderful time, I wish I was in your suitcase.
I`m also glad you got your camera back, it means we get the viewing of all those piccies :evil: