PDA

View Full Version : Daily Wash Saturday October 9th 2004

KathyJB
10-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Hello washies I figured the best way to get back in rutine of reading and responding in the wash was to start it.
I have been slaving over my two paintings in the gallery last couple days and trying to keep the spurt of inspiration going.
On the work scene have all but fired my office mate as she is taking days off and coming in later every day
she decided she doesnt want to work there so anymore so its a mutual decision and will look better if any recommendations are sent on her behalf.Its a hard decision because shes like a daughter to me... have known her since she was toddling around and she is a friend as well as a co worker... so we have the long weekend to think it thru and i can put it off a few moire days

Thats most of my news this week still relaxing afther the double show weekends and painting up a storm.
there are some wonderful verses happening in the verses thread and dozens of gorgeous paintings in the watercolor forum... sigh life is good
love to all who are lurking and healing to all who are sick... Keep on painting
Love Kat

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Katinhatwhooughtbekatinpajamas! What are you doing up???? Oh, never mind.

Morning all, am flailing away at week two challenge, applied 1/2 bottle masking, set on chair while I went for dinner, came back and sat down to work on painting B. I am a little intense sometimes, so was half hour before I noticed painting A was glued to my jeans.

managed a brilliant save though. But those umbrellas on my butt? Don't even ask...... Good new: Poem is already done!!!! its a goodun I think.

Here is a picture of my office again, Malties is on the left and his is a mess and mine tidy. Just in case anyone missed it. A quick tour: diplomas, computer (poem incubator), desk and paper, tons of paper.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/31024-Me_and_Mr_Bean.JPG

Have a great day everyone.
Chris

Yorky
10-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Morning all! :wave:

Oh what luxury, Chris. I see an almost empty shelf there - something that doesn't exist in my room :D

Did I spy some pink umbrellas there?

Good luck with your friend, Kath - it must be doubly difficult dealing with a longtime friend.

Shallow morning sun is just catching the tops of the trees. It has been a cold night, but there isn't a cloud in the sky at the moment.

Putting a couple of paintings into the Ormskirk Artists display at the local library this morning, lets see if they sell.

Kate and Ruth - I managed to record 6 hours of Watercolour Challenge onto DVD yesterday - a few glitches and advert breaks, but worth watching. Today I'll try copying DVD to DVD.

If I can only get into my room and pick up my paints I know I could do it, but somehow I can't get motivated :rolleyes:

Well, brekky time, BBL,

Doug

artmom
10-09-2004, 05:23 AM
:wave: Kathy, Chris, and Doug!

It's 5:15 am here--must be cloudy because I couldn't see any moon or stars when I glanced out the window half an hour ago.

Ed and I are helping a widowed friend dispose of her husband's Civil War (American) collection of prints and it looks like we might have some sold!! Hooray! We've helped her with baseball memorabilia, a Chagall lithograph, some wonderful figures of Confederate soldiers, and if we can move some of these prints, we'll be very happy. I've learned more than I ever cared to know about the secondary market for Civil War prints!!! :eek: Well, at least I'm of some use to society! LOL I've been on the internet a lot lately.

Youngest son wants us to come to his house today for UT vs UGeorgia game. He has high definition TV. Guess we'll go, as he leaves at the end of the month for his next permanent duty station! I'll really miss him! :( It's been great, having him around for 3 years after 18 years of him roaming the US and the world!

JoAnn, enjoy your game day! :)

Slept without boot tonight for the first time in 8 1/2 weeks! :)

Thinking of all in the virtual Medical Rooms.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

BobH
10-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Morning all.

Chris, you have an office all to yourself! I'm so jealous. I remember having an office but no longer. Now that I teach I have to share (and I never was good at sharing :angel: ). During my 'free' period another teacher uses my classroom so I have to vacate and take up residence in a little office that several of us share.

I'm heading north today. Have a flight around 9:00am so I can go see my mom. She's out of ICU but I'm really not sure how she's doing so I'm going to see.

And no, I still haven't touched the elephant. On the positive side I have outstanding excuses for the next week! I'm in MA until Monday, so Monday I'll be too tired and Tuesday I have to pack 'cause I'm going to Baltimore Wednesday and then to Delaware to see my girls. Not home 'til next Sunday! Cool! A whole week procrastinated!! :o :rolleyes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/2799-white_elephant.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend. See you Monday. (I'll be computerless all weekend. My dad doesn't have cable TV, let alone a computer
:p )

Europa
10-09-2004, 06:09 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just got up - 10.55 here - would still be in bed if it wasnt for the fact my brother John can whisper over five fields and he woke me up - then Jamie needed to check something on the computer emails......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyhows -

Kat - don't envy you your dilemma - I work with all family (brother - son and nephew) - lot to be said about family businesses especially when there is a slight dispute. :(

Chris - that's a really posh looking office - you sure its yours?? :evil: :p

Doug - good luck with the paintings - am sure they will sell.

Lyn - enjoy your day with your son - good to hear you managed a bootless night - USE TO SOCIETY!! - of course you are useful - you bring a smile to peoples faces and your art advice is second to none (well as far as I am concerned :D ) - and consider yourself told off now Bud :p

Bob - have a safe journey - hope you find your Mum has improved - sending you lots of white light.

Waving to everyone who may come after me - or crossposted....lol.

Time for brekky.

LOVE AND HUGS ALL AROUND

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

artmom
10-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks, Pat! :D

Whoooeee! My 4 month "creative pause" has been broken!!! I have put pencil to paper--on the Pot Party (floral painting for Robin Round II)! Should have it painted today or tomorrow at the latest!!! Took all of 10 minutes! :rolleyes: Sheesh! Why is it sooooo hard sometimes to get started???

Well, I'm off to set up my palette in order to start painting as soon as it is light enough!! :D :wave:

BBL

Lyn

madmum
10-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Morning everyone :wave:

Bright but windy day here, the fluffy white clouds are scooting across the cobalt sky.

Kat that sounds like a difficult situation at work, I'm sure you'll feel better once the decision is made.

Chris, you bear a striking resemblance to Mr Bean! :D That probably explains your mishap with the painting ;) lol

Doug, 6 hours of watercolour challenge on DVD sounds like heaven! :clap:

Bob, safe journey, and hope you find your mum well on the way to going home.

Pat, my Craig does a paper round and always manages to wake the whole house on Saturdays :mad: Then of course everyone is in a bad mood!

Lyn, great news about you having a bootless night! Such a shame that your son has to move away, where in the world will he be? My step-brother and his family are being transferred to Germany soon after a long posting in Edinburgh. :clap: for starting your painting!

I have a painting to finish, started yesterday (it was Friday after all!), but time ran out. Just a few tweeks and it'll be done :)

Hugs and white light to all,

Ruth

Uschi
10-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Good Morning Everoy one!!!!

We had 5 minutes of torrential rain but we need more than that. Due to a pretty wet spring the water levels in the rivers etc. was up and everyone was happy, we haven't had a drop of rain in over 6 weeks and the levels are way down again. Good thing I cut my grass yesterday.

Due to two days of painting my house needs some attention but then again, the painting still needs a background.

Kat - awkward situation

Chris - :D for picture and :D for sitting on your painting

Doug - good luck with the sales, they will sure look good hanging there!!

Lyn - Sooooo, you didn't say how it feels to be bootless??? Happy painting!!

Bob - I hope your mom is doing well. Have a good trip!!!

:wave: to Pat!

Ruth - I hope that new painting is already posted. Will head to Gallery to check!

I hope all our friends in the recovery room are doing well!!!
:wave: Uschi

Little Old Lady
10-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Greetings :wave:
Lynn glad you were able to take the boot off for the night and that you are back painting :clap:
Will help you root for UT but Monday night we will be on opposite sides :(
Good luck Bob on trip. Ignore BIL.
Kathy hope things work out with friend.
Good luck Doug with show.
CRS but good vibes to all.
More midden work today. Given myself 1 week to get living room livable. that is how bad it isl
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
10-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Good Day Washers:

Raining and dark here at 8:00 a.m. in Ontario. JJ and Alan are still sleeping so I thought I would sneak down stairs, put a pot of coffee on. Fed the dogs, took dogs out, brought dogs in so here I am with my java.

Chris ; can relate to masking fluid mishaps. I spilled about 1/4 of a bottle on the carpet about six months ago and the stain is still slightly there. :mad:

Doug, thanks for the "Yorkie" What do you mean it's " not for girls" ? :D

Pat, thanks for the mints, seems that I will be able to eat them as I didn't see any warnings on the packaging :)

Hoping the sun will come out by noon as we are tentativley planning a visit to our local small "Pioneer Village" for a Thanksgiving Festival. We will take JJ and Alan down to Toronto tomorrow for some sightseeing.

Bob, I do hope you find your mother on the road to recovery.

Christie, you better empty that trunk completely as you will need the space for mucho luggage :D

Ruth, looking forward to seeing the painting.

Lyn: Whoot!!!! Glad you are getting your brushes wet.

Kathy: I don't envy your position or decisions. Hope everything goes smoothly whatever you both decide.

Heading to the gallery for a quick peek before the rest of the house wakes up.

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
10-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Good morning Washonians... midden clearing for me today... The coat closet in my office has become a hazaard... :D

It rained in SW Ontario briefly this morning, too... We lost our power (again) for a brief time and the clocks are all flashing... The sky is overcast, but it is supposed to clear... we NEED the rain...

Today I'll bake my pies and make my gelatin salads for tomorrow's Dinner... Then... I hope to have time to start drawing out my next composition... Looking at my photograph last night, I find I've gotten myself into another really complicated bunch of leaves and stems... but it's yelling at me to paint it! :D

Kath... I hope everything works out for you and your friend... very difficult situation to be in...

Chris... ah yes, Mr. Bean... why am I not surprised!! LOL LOL LOL

Doug... I'm certain that your paintings will sell!!! I have never seen Watercolour Challenge... it sounds sooo interesting (We do get a couple of BBC Channels here)...

Lyn... woo hoo!!! Hope you were able to sleep well after giving the boot the boot... AND, looking forward to how you finish the RR painting!

Bob... enjoy your trip (and don't let your BIL get under your skin)...

Pat... your Brother must have been a very, very special person...

Ruth... looking forward to your Friday inspiration!!!

Jschi... hurry up and get that background done!

JoAnn... have you changed your mind about selling??? You and I have the same objectives today... :D

White light beaming to all in need... Higgs and jingles to everyone... Have a happy and creative day...

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 08:37 AM
"Im up.....everrryyyyybodiess up!!!" Good day, chip, chip, cheerio!! LOL :D I think I had a dream about Malty last night. :D

Mr Bean, I mean Chris....your office is impressive...but from what I remember from the previous picture you posted of your offices....Malty's was the neater one...I see you did not include it this time. :D You have a poem incubator?? THAT is what I'm missing!!! :)

Kat, I would hate to be in your position about your friend/coworker, but I'm sure you will come up with the right decision.

Masking fluid umbrellas on the buttocks eh Chris? There should be a medical term for that! LOL..I'll have to look in my medical dictionary. Funny but I dare to say your jeans are ruined. I spilled some of that nasty stuff on my bedspread once and it will not come out...had to throw it away.

Bob, glad your mom is out of ICU.....have a nice flight and then come on back and get on that elephant! LOL :D

Hi Gail and JJ!!! I bet you guys are having a great time!! You lucky duckies!! :)

Last night my daughter Jessica had her first "real date", she went to a homecoming dance with her "boyfriend" who lives in a small town about 20 miles from here. His mom picked Jessica and her girlfriend up on her way home from work. Her girlfriend also had a date for the homecoming dance. Jessica has recently colored her hair a fluorescent reddish color, I wanted to show you. I kinda like it now but at first it was rather shocking. She had a great time and the girls came home with pretty flower wrist corsages. They were happy!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/6385-Jessica.jpg

Jessica and Taryn before dance

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/6385-jessTaryn.jpg

Ellen in Ont
10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Morning all,
I've only had time for a quick glance at the wash and the gallery over the last two days (working shiftwork), but I have a whole 3 days off and I had better make the best of it. I have two painting deadlines coming up. One should really be finished by Tuesday (although that is just for my watercolour class and it could be put off another week- but then I would have two to finish for the next week). The other can't be put off. I am entering a local painting contest and the deadline for submissions is Wed. Considering I only started both last night I had better get moving.
Thanksgiving is going to be quiet this year. No one is coming home for the holiday :( and DH is working all weekend until 7 PM. So I'll put on the turkey today and the two of us will have a quiet supper tonight.
Kat - I hope you can make a decision that you are comfortable with. That's a hard one. The fact that it seems mutual may make it easier. I hope it doesn't affect your friendship.
Chris - nice office. I see some empty wall space - a place for hanging paintings? :)
Doug - good luck selling your paintings - they are both lovely.
Lyn - I bet your foot feels lighter :D Have you tried standing on it yet? :clap: for starting to paint again.
Bob - hope your mom is doing much better.
Pat - I envy people who can sleep in. I am wide awake by 7 even on my days off.
Ruth - I'll be watching for your latest painting
Uschi - love your quilt WIP. I am watching to see what you decide for a bg. I have no good ideas but I am sure you will come up with something that is perfect :D
JoAnn - hope your cleaning time is greatly exaggerated. :)
Gail - Sounds like you are all going to have a great time. I am wishing you great weather. I have been reading the adventures of JJ and it will be interesting to see what happens next. You might be dragged into one of her adventures. :D
:wave: to all who come after me or cross posted.

JudyL
10-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Saturday again and again there is the sound of pounding and hammering coming from the bathroom. Jack is in there pulling down the wall from the airing cupboard, so that we can build another one and put the washer and dryer in there instead. Steven (builder and assistant destructor) is off till Monday, so DH is going it alone. He was the first on up and in the shower this morning. It was then he discovered that the pipes were hooked up backward and we had no hot water coming out of the hot water tap unless you turned it down. Of course he found this out after he took his shower. Serves him right, ususally I take the first shower, cause he squeegies (anal rentive)
He has already taken on load to the tip.
Yesterday I made my escape and took the bus to Harrogate. Unfortuantely the wool shop (yarn) I wanted is closed till Monday, I will have to go again. I did get three pair of jeans at BHS (British Home Stores) at a good price, are not too long and are comfortable. I also went to Marks and Spencer to get cheaper coffee, since we are supplying the Steve the Builder also.
Gail, a "Yorkie" has "IT'S NOT FOR GIRSL" on the side of the package and on their ads, which of course means women buy them, at least I do, the ones I buy are the solid chocolate, not the ones with raisins and hazelnuts (don't like hazelnuts) Good chocy though.
Today, DH will continue his de-construction of the bathroom, as he has to go to work on Monday, a good thing, he needs the rest. Steve (the Builder) returns on Monday, which is too bad, cause Jack will be just coming home from work when Steve gets here. Earplugs, hope builder can hammer quietly.
I will escape again, I think. Hate sitting there feeling like I should be doing something, I am crocheting another baby blankie-soft-lovey thing. They are not really practical, but are wonderfully soft and squishy for the wee little things. My grandaughter loves her's and has worn it to it's basic self.
But, need blue yarn, so I will try to get out there on the bus again. Could drive, but they have torn the road up something awful, and just as soon read and not drive or worst of all park in H'gate. Maybe, I will take the train in to Leeds, another good shopping place. Then I could get my semi-monthly allowance of Burger King Whopper. Found out that the owner of the MacDonalds here in Harrogate is on the Council, which is why we have no Burger King in this area! (corruption rears it's ugly head!)
OH, and they closed the path to town via the Castle steps yesterday, don't know why yet, didn't tell us why, just did it!
My favorite Monty Python sketch is, the one where the 'lady' says "I just spent 4 hours burying a cat" awful, but oh so funny!
BBL
JudyL

KathyJB
10-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Wahsies that is Mr bean!!! its a paste in I blew it up to see...if thats not Bean i will eat my Katinhat...btw I have created the:

Katinhatsrubbercementpickup thingie with tongs so as not to get physical. Umbrellas never heqard that term before thats quite funny and exactly sometnig I would do.
Chris you have got most of us behaving like sillies here... and its great fun... very good for the soul to laugh.

Yes will know more after the good drs wife has his baby ohh mee hard office to work in this week... star hehe poem generator not sure it would help me... I have had phazes where I crank ou thre poem but not 20 a day on a good day as some do :D

Jackie heloooooooooooooo miss your posts and happy comments please come back when you can

Judy seems like everything is either ripped up or closed up for you yet you manage to shope and b e productive... do you weave or croched thos flimsy scarvew weveryone is wearing? I have decided to but several of those and spruce up my wardrobe without buying all new everything.

I wish i coudl respond to whole wash but have to go to banks ect and will pist more later
bye and love each and everyone of you,

Kat

Flattwo
10-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Hello All

Just dropping in before I go out to say hello.....HELLO!

Patty...great pic of your daughter, a very pretty girl, does she take after here Mom? :wink2:

Hope to be back later for some paintin'

Henry

madmum
10-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Back again, finished the new painting, posted it and the final of the lilies in the gallery.

Judy I don't envy you one bit! The upheaval would drive me up the wall, I'm sure! lol The baby blankie sounds lovely, does it need to be blue to match the original?

Patty your daughter looked beautiful, how old is she, 16? I never see my 16 yr old in a dress (yes she's a girl, but lives in tracksuits!)

Gail, say hi to JJ and poor Allan for me :D Glad they arrived safely, with only minor problems.

JoAnn I "tidied" my living room this morning, but that means moving the piles of stuff, vacuuming, then putting the piles back! lol

Now I have a dilemma....

I ordered some more paper from my favourite online supplier, plus 2 tubes of paint (vermillion and indanthrene, which I've been getting through at an amazing rate!), and was tempted to buy some Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons - a tin of 15 thin crayons for just under £10. Order arrived this afternoon, 10 sheet of Arches paper, the paint and a box of 15 Caran d'Ache water soluble WAX PASTELS - not what I was expecting. I was going to ring the supplier to ask them to provide free postage so I could return them, and send the correct item, BUT I found that they would cost me £26 to buy! So, what should I do? Be honest, and get what I paid for? Or keep them and order another tin of the crayons? :confused:

Ruth

JudyL
10-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Ruth, Since your asking, be honest, would you use them anyway?
My lovey things are not flimsy and have no patterns, just oblong thick things and lots of colors, will try to take a photo of one I made out of leftovers. I started making them because I love the yarn, and wanted to find out what it would look like made into something.
That little shop has closed up on me before, so I try to have two or three other things to do, and there is always M&S or Starbucks.
oops, gotta go, back later
JudyL

tessp
10-09-2004, 10:32 AM
I ordered some more paper from my favourite online supplier, plus 2 tubes of paint (vermillion and indanthrene, which I've been getting through at an amazing rate!), and was tempted to buy some Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons - a tin of 15 thin crayons for just under £10. Order arrived this afternoon, 10 sheet of Arches paper, the paint and a box of 15 Caran d'Ache water soluble WAX PASTELS - not what I was expecting. I was going to ring the supplier to ask them to provide free postage so I could return them, and send the correct item, BUT I found that they would cost me £26 to buy! So, what should I do? Be honest, and get what I paid for? Or keep them and order another tin of the crayons? :confused:

Ruth: I work in advertising and I believe that product has just been "re-branded" to appeal to a more professional (or adult) market. Here (http://www.carandache.com/products/fineart/detail.lbl?g=Classic&p=Neocolor%20II) is a link to the company's web page for that product. I've noticed they've changed their advertising in art magazines too. The "crayons" and the "wax pastels" are identical except for the name. So you got what you paid for!

I've been using them lately and like them a lot. Hope you have fun with them. :)

Tess

madmum
10-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Welllll I think I might be tempted! lol This is what I've got http://www.aswexpress.com/discount-art-supplies/online/1815/art-supplies/4 I'm usually totally honest, tell shop assistants if they give me too much change etc. But it would be a performance to return these, and wait for the right item. :( And it was their mistake! I think I'll phone them on Monday morning and sort it out.

Ruth

Christie
10-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Morning All!

Just a quick visit as Saturday is kid activity day and we are out the door in a few minutes.

I have some work to do in the house today, but as I am going to be waiting for children to finish their Saturday activities between 9 am and 2 pm, I am taking my paints and forcing myself to paint.:)

When I get home, I need to contemplate some furniture moves. Right now, my big dilemma is where to put my filing cabinet. I guess if that is my biggest problem, life is looking pretty good.:)

Ruth, I sent you a PM, but returning the pastels is probably a good choice.

Mr. Bean is a nice addition to the office. Kind of adds a certain je ne sais quois.:D

Must get going or purple haired ballerina girl is going to miss her class.

Take care.

tessp
10-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Welllll I think I might be tempted! lol This is what I've got http://www.aswexpress.com/discount-art-supplies/online/1815/art-supplies/4 I'm usually totally honest, tell shop assistants if they give me too much change etc. But it would be a performance to return these, and wait for the right item. :( And it was their mistake! I think I'll phone them on Monday morning and sort it out.

Oh, I see, you got the NEOART instead of the NEOCOLOR II. Both are now called "wax pastels" so I'm sure it was an easy mistake to make. Except for the size they are similar. They should exchange them for you (though it does seem that you got more than you paid for)!

Tess

Uschi
10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Zipping through, no time to read - will later, just wanted to show you the fall view from my studio window and it will get better (photo is taken through the screen on the window might be grainy).
Later!!! :wave: Uschi

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/10602-falltrees.jpg

JudyL
10-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Me again, Ruth, I would contact them, and explain the mistake, if an exchange is to be made, and that is a big nuisance, they should pay for that as well.
DH is out for abit, and I am loving the quiet. here are some pictures of the hall bathroom as is is now...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/13051-bathroom_reduced.JPG
The window is the only one on that side of the house, overlooking the garden.
here is the former airing cupboard...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/13051-airing_cupboard_reduced.JPG
oi
But here is one of my sample for the Baby Blankies...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/13051-Blankie_reduced.JPG

Oh, yes, I'll admit my motto is "When the tough gets going, the tough go shopping!"
Later, JudyL

Strawberry Wine
10-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Hi guys JJ here.. :) Uschi awesome photo!!!! Cool that we get to see that in person on the weekend. I am so excited, can't wait!! Who else is there going to be at this meet???

Got to run lunch is served..

Huggles and white lights to all those hurt and ill..

Cathie Jones
10-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Good morning all! Have just skimmed the Wash, will have to read it thoroughly. It's true that Chris has us acting a bit sillier than we used to be, and I love it!

Katinhat, I'll be right over with my resume . . . :D

LYN!! Paint, paint, paint!!! I don't know what makes it so hard to start, but I've been known to do things like laundry (ick) and work (ickier) to avoid that first brush stroke! It's so good that you've broken the "pause."

Ruth, here's what I would tell my daughter. If you know what is the right thing to do, and you don't do it, it will keep bothering you. (Same goes for work/school clothing - if it doesn't look or feel right when you put it on, it'll just get worse as the day goes on - so change now!) My daughter is 33 now and tells me she still remembers these "rules." ;)

Running out for breakfast, haircuts, shopping, etc. BBL XOXOXOXOXO

madmum
10-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice, I am going to do the right thing (probably would be a nagging worry at the back of my head if I didn't!)

Judy, the blankie is beautiful! I love the colours you use, not surprised your granddaughter is so attached to hers :)

Tess, they are confusingly named, I suppose even for people who sell them! lol I'm going to call on Monday and see what they say. I did want to try the crayons, I've seen that they can be used for some great effects.

Christie, thanks for the PM, I'll see what happens on Monday and get back to you!

Hi JJ :wave:

I was just sent this link :D Just type in your first name, then feel your mood improve ;) http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html

Ruth

maltman
10-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Wahsies that is Mr bean!!! its a paste in I blew it up to see...if thats not Bean i will eat my Katinhat...
Kat

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/48302-31024-Me_and_Mr_MALTY.jpg

Kat....better eat your Katinhat....take a closer look!

Brian

Yorky
10-09-2004, 01:06 PM
....I wish i coudl respond to whole wash but have to go to banks ect and will pist more later

Kat

Kath I didn't know you were in the cast of 'Allo 'Allo (http://www.coldcut.com/video/aa/) LOL!

So this is where you learnt your English :wink2:

(My favourite TV programme) Try the clips.

Doug

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Hello All

Patty...great pic of your daughter, a very pretty girl, does she take after here Mom? :wink2:

Henry

Thank-you Henry....yes she is very pretty and has a personality to match. She is 15, a sophomore in High School and a little taller than me now, which she loves to rub in! I have been told that Jessica looks like me and she resembles me quite at bit when I was her age (except for the bright hair color).

Nice tinyhead Henry!! You look like you are ready to go for a night out on the town yourself! :)

LOL about the picture of Chris, Brian!!! He will get you for that!! :D

JudyL
10-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi, Ruth, you may want to check to be sure they charged you for the ones you thought you were getting, or for the ones you did get. You may be able to keep them, if you pay for the upgrade.
Oh, and here are two more pictures of the bathroom destruction in progress. Here Jack is removing the lining paper, which I told him could be saved. He is a glutton for punishment.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/13051-Jack_standing_reduced.JPG
and another...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/13051-Jack_at_work_reduced.JPG
He does good work, and is through though.
Later
JudyL

Flattwo
10-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Judyl...DIY...argh>>>>>>>>>>>running a mile :evil:

Patty...I always remember being desperate to be taller than my old man, I was over the moon when it happened, no big deal though, he was only 4 feet 9 inches.......kidding of course :D he would kill me if he read this!

Yeh, dressed in a Tux for a ringside seat at the Sporting Club of Great Britain boxing night, Park Lane, London..good night it was too

Flattwo

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeh, dressed in a Tux for a ringside seat at the Sporting Club of Great Britain boxing night, Park Lane, London..good night it was too

Flattwo

You all sure do dress up to go to a boxing match!! Or is "boxing night" something altogether different there? :)

Flattwo
10-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi Patty

Its a posh do, only the invited, corporate stuff...you know :) charity event as well, empties ones pockets :D

Henry

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi Patty

Its a posh do, only the invited, corporate stuff...you know :) charity event as well, empties ones pockets :D

Henry

I see!!!!! Cool... Sir Henry of Scott! :D

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Wahsies that is Mr bean!!! its a paste in I blew it up to see...if thats not Bean i will eat my Katinhat...btw I have created the:

Katinhatsrubbercementpickup thingie with tongs so as not to get physical. Umbrellas never heqard that term before thats quite funny and exactly sometnig I would do.
Chris you have got most of us behaving like sillies here... and its great fun... very good for the soul to laugh.

Yes will know more after the good drs wife has his baby ohh mee hard office to work in this week... star hehe poem generator not sure it would help me... I have had phazes where I crank ou thre poem but not 20 a day on a good day as some do :D

Jackie heloooooooooooooo miss your posts and happy comments please come back when you can

Judy seems like everything is either ripped up or closed up for you yet you manage to shope and b e productive... do you weave or croched thos flimsy scarvew weveryone is wearing? I have decided to but several of those and spruce up my wardrobe without buying all new everything.

I wish i coudl respond to whole wash but have to go to banks ect and will pist more later

Kat

Kat in hat I think you ought open the window and let some of those jello fumes out of the studio!!! And take yer mittens off when you type!!! You funny.

Chris

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 02:49 PM
It's true that Chris has us acting a bit sillier than we used to be, and I love it!

I hardly think you guys need my help!!! It was a zoo when I got here.

Chris

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Patty pants are fine and not ruined. Jeans are never ruined.

here is where the masking accident it all started:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/31024-Me_and_Mr_Bean_2.JPG

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Patty pants are fine and not ruined. Jeans are never ruined.

here is where the masking accident it all started:

LOL... so if you turned around you would have a painting stuck on your "bum"? That looks like a place where something like that might happen. :D

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey Patty, its awful quiet here at WC today. Went to Wallmart....NOT! got hair cut though and am flailing away at pink umbrellas while all the kids are making terrible racket all around. Its great to have everyone home for Thanksgiving, but only for about 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe (Humanities/Religion) and Ben (Philosophy/Anthropology) discusssing Brazil Favelas (ONLY ONE 'L'), Orson Wells, Metallica and watching football.

Emily getting hair done by big sister. Talking about halloween costumes, and training bras.... I wish they would go somewhare else and do that....

Meanwhile dog is tearing after cats, Heathers riding stuff scattered all over where it used to be before she went to school, Emily and her brothers trading insults, two girlfriends (of two sons) talking mile a minute with Brenda.

Only the turkey, quietly thawing in the corner, is causing me no headache. And pumpkin pies cooking themselves.

But all in all Its not so bad where I am.... no matter where I am!!

Chris

Lia-Chan
10-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Patty, its awful quiet here at WC today. Went to Wallmart....NOT! got hair cut though and am flailing away at pink umbrellas while all the kids are making terrible racket all around. Its great to have everyone home for Thanksgiving, but only for about 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe (Humanities/Religion) and Ben (Philosophy/Anthropology) discusssing Brazil Favelas (ONLY ONE 'L'), Orson Wells, Metallica and watching football.

Emily getting hair done by big sister. Talking about halloween costumes, and training bras.... I wish they would go somewhare else and do that....

Meanwhile dog is tearing after cats, Heathers riding stuff scattered all over where it used to be before she went to school, Emily and her brothers trading insults, two girlfriends (of two sons) talking mile a minute with Brenda.

Only the turkey, quietly thawing in the corner, is causing me no headache. And pumpkin pies cooking themselves.

But all in all Its not so bad where I am.... no matter where I am!!

Chris

You learned! Yay :) Today i'm just doing nothing around , eating some cake (mum bought a choc cake) and watching tv ,and always dreaming about things i wanted to buy ... maybe i should ask my mom about a credit card... Ah , and i'm thinking on tomorrow's lunch ,we're going to have duck ! Delicious... nham nham

jaytee
10-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Well foks. 8.30 pm and at around mid-day started putting together a still life for Round bin week 2........... started is a bit optomisitc........ more like cleared a space.........then I noticed sun was out and decided to move a couplw of small things in teh garden........................ came in when it got dark at 7.00pm...

guess the still life is going to be lamp lit :D Or do I leave it till tomorrow? decisions, Descisions.............can see me racing to the finishing line this time :eek: :( . only 51 weeks to go !!!!!

Maybe Ill download the pics I took yesterday at Hergest Croft Gardens while walking the dogs........ see if theyre better than the ones splashed all over Telegraph gardening section today !!! Might even find something to paint ther !!!

HH&J

ps Ruth........ they may well decide that its more hassle and too expensive to switch them for the ones you ordered. so I wouldnt suggest paying the difference........ the mistake was theres........... just see how they suggest putting it right.............

pampe
10-09-2004, 03:35 PM
HAllo, Wet Ones

No time to respond to all

Great pictures and fun....

Gorgeous girls, Patty!

Swam..did some shopping (Hap is craving Walkers shortbread ...wonder why?)

Need to get ready for Emily's arrival.....simple dinner, much chatter hopefully.

Have a great weekend

Pam

more trip:

Pembridge, England
Carriage in front of the York Minster, York, England
Royal Mile, Edinburgh, Scotland

laudesan
10-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone..

Pam those are gorgeous photos'.. I shall have to ask Gail to download a couple of mine onto her puta so we can post them for you all..

We are having B-B-Q for dinner tonight, T-Bone steaks.. I tis nearly ready..

bbl..

Huggles everyone..

Stay safe and well..

Does anyone know where Mr Sandbanx is??? Left a message on his answering machine ages ago.

CHRIS.. Ring me I want to meet up with you!! :D

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I understand he has fled the country!!!

LOL.

Do I owe you money JJ???

My son took us out for dinner, could not refuse that offer. Ages ago was about 1 1/2 hour ago, or so. Not to worry, have message and will call in a little while.

Chris

laudesan
10-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey Chris.. No but you can give me some if you like. LOl Money that is.. :D:D

Great to talk to you on the phone, Gail hasn't told me what you have arranged yet, I shall beat it out of her in a minute.. She doesn't stop talking you know.. :p :cool: :cat: :angel:

laudesan
10-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Gail here:

The only reason I am doing the talking at the moment is because JJ is busy on the computer and I finally got to get a few sentences in. :D

Cheers,

Gail

laudesan
10-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Gail here:

The only reason I am doing the talking at the moment is because JJ is busy on the computer and I finally got to get a few sentences in. :D

Cheers,

Gail

Rubbish.. LOL :D She would make a good autioneer.. :D She can out talk me.. hehehehehehe LOL :D :p

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Got a date with an angel
Got to meet her at seven
Got a date with an angel
And Iím on my way to heaven

KathyJB
10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Kath I didn't know you were in the cast of 'Allo 'Allo (http://www.coldcut.com/video/aa/) LOL!

So this is where you learnt your English :wink2:

(My favourite TV programme) Try the clips.

Doug

heheh I was just reading thru the wash again to catch up and I thought whoooee I better slow down english is getting to an all time mistake level.. I then read your post...Allo Allo lol VERY FUNNY

After all i doint want anyone to become "Pist"

ELen in Ont. good luck on your contest... how exciting... still recouping on this end from shows... Starz how could I forget to say you daughter is beautiful she appears to be kind and sweet just like her mom,

Chris your cracking me up today
bean man you earned the name
but can you do it like he does
make a claim to fame

no matter your cuter than bean

OK gotta run have ethereal paintings to do tonight no one home yessssssssssssssssss weilding my wash brush

onward.....

Kat

Starsprite
10-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Wow Pam...those photos are great!!!! Would make great painting material for someone with more skill than I. :)

Thanks about Jessica.... she is my "little baby" even though taller than I. (sigh). Today I took her and her friend Taryn to a Halloween costume shop. Jessica is going to a party dressed as a "vampire fairy". Here she is with her new wings. LOL :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2004/6385-Jesswings.jpg

mr sandbanx
10-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Chris your cracking me up today
bean man you earned the name
but can you do it like he does
make a claim to fame

Kat

Do what like he does????

And dont tell anyone, but I have Teddddy! honest.

And Kat In Hat: I thing Spriteys daughter has your socks!!!!

Chris

KathyJB
10-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Do what like he does????

what he does... hes a milionaire hes famous

teddy bear or teddy jammies?
:D

my socks oh nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Katinhatstealingspriteydaughtersstockins