PDA

View Full Version : Can everyone tell me there faviorte frits.

dawnann
10-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Good Morning, I am new to frits and would like to purchase some. I have Raku, Tuti Fruitti, Iris Gold (Vals) and Lilac purple that a wonderful WC person sent me. Can you tell me your faviortes and where you got them from? Its so hard to purchase frits without seeing a picture of what they look like. Have a great weekend all, Dawn

AMR GlassWorks
10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Well my fav of the moment is the raku but I love the pink gold and purple hyacinth from Val.

chrisdd
10-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Ocelot Spots from Val! You can get 3 different reactions depending on your fuel/oxy mix. :clap:

Paula D
10-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Corina had a frit challenge and has a web page up with a bunch of frit beads on it. That might help you decide what you like! Paula

beachbeads
10-08-2004, 12:58 PM
I have an extra readout of recipes of the frit challeng if you would like it, pm your address. My all time favorite ifrit s copper ruby and iris gold. Sheila

dawnann
10-08-2004, 03:41 PM
I have an extra readout of recipes of the frit challeng if you would like it, pm your address. My all time favorite ifrit s copper ruby and iris gold. Sheila

Thank you, I pm'ed you. Dawn

dawnann
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Corina had a frit challenge and has a web page up with a bunch of frit beads on it. That might help you decide what you like! Paula
Thanks for the tip, I'm going there now....Dawn

Allison Turner
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
I love them all!
I especially love the powders though. Especially Copper Ruby.

StefaniBeads
10-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Tutti Frutti, Ruby Gold Opaque, and Copper Ruby (from Val), and this gorgeous Purple Rose from Bluhealer Glass! :D

But for now my favorite is Oscelot Spots pulled in a stringer with BE amber - where has this stuff been all my (beadmaking) life?! Right under my nose! This is one of Val's original frits she offered. I'm having a grand ol' time with it! I get blues, greens, all sorts of colors, and I'm on the HH! This stuff is kind of like Raku which gives me a little color, but mostly a baby poo-hue.

CarolinaDreamDesigns
10-11-2004, 03:18 PM
This stuff is kind of like Raku which gives me a little color, but mostly a baby poo-hue.

OK Lisa - is that the "green" baby poo-hue or the "mustard brown" baby poo-hue?

:D

Martha

kasijo
10-12-2004, 07:11 AM
They are all so fun it is hard to pick favorites, but here is my condensed version:

Ocelot spots - This has so many possibilities, especially cool as stringer on a light opaque background. Great "straight-up" on transparent topaz.

Tutti-fruity - amazing on pink or carnelian alabastro.

Iris blue - especially if you smush it around on periwinkle with some EDP.

Blue suede - a gorgeous opaque blue - great with silver foil

Kasijo

Leslie Kaplan
10-12-2004, 10:19 AM
:confused: Who is "Val", and how can I take a look at what she offers? These frits sound great, but sure have unusual names - Oscelot Spots?

thatgirl
10-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Leslie,

Val Cox is one of our moderators here on WC and she also sells frit - you can visit her website (http://www.glasspoet.com) to check them out.

Cheers,
Sue :cat:

MegannsMom
10-12-2004, 06:56 PM
I love them all!
I especially love the powders though. Especially Copper Ruby.

Really? How exactly do you use it? Is there some special trick? I have a whole jar of it and only get really dark........yuk I guess is the best word! Help?

As for my favorite frit; I LOVE the new Monet frit from Blueheeler! It is GORGEOUS! And reacts so differently on the different colors! Get some!!
~Cindy

Allison Turner
10-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Really? How exactly do you use it? Is there some special trick? I have a whole jar of it and only get really dark........yuk I guess is the best word! Help?

As for my favorite frit; I LOVE the new Monet frit from Blueheeler! It is GORGEOUS! And reacts so differently on the different colors! Get some!!
~Cindy

The copper ruby powder looks best when you lay it over silver leaf and then encase it.
I like to add stuff on top of the copper ruby too!
I put all that usually on a black bead.
:)

Smidgen
10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
"OK Lisa - is that the "green" baby poo-hue or the "mustard brown" baby poo-hue?"

Too funny! Never anything to get bored about with glass....always little "secret" combinations and "wizard mixes"

beachbeads
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I have an extra readout of recipes of the frit challenge if you would like it, pm your address. My all time favorite frit is copper ruby and iris gold. Sheila
the extra copy I had has been spoken for. You can contact Corina to see of she has more.