PDA

View Full Version : Friday Show and Tell

Daphne of Dilluvian
10-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, I guess that I will start this one since no one else has yet. I am not set up for great photography so bear with me these next few months. Someone else was showing roses last week and reminded me of a broken bead that I had and wanted to explore, so here are some ruby oro over white stringer roses on grass green. I am playing a bit with different degrees of melting in and sculptural roses in the second picture. Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone else's later on.

Daphne

Briatha
10-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Daphne gorgeous roses!

Lentils.....What else do you expect from me hehehe :)
Turquoise Elf Rocks, Crimson Omens, Shazaam Lentils - Shazaam is Paparazzi's Fraternal Twin :evil:

margaretz
10-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Daphne- Nice roses! The first (cone-shaped) one is my fave.
Briatha- It's fun seeing your lentil shapes get better and better... you're definitely doing well!! The third set's colors are fabulous.

Here's a bead I made yesterday... It was fun... just got a big ol gather of white, slopped (literally) on a bunch of trans colors and a few opaque stringers and some crushed aventurine and then let it droop all over the mandrel... It was fun to step away from my regular styles for a session (not that I don't have a blast making all of my regular styles... but, ya'll know what I mean...) Have a wonderful Friday, everyone... I'm headed back to the torch!

MaureenKennedy
10-08-2004, 03:00 AM
On an earlier thread someone was asking about electric blue color which started me making these beads. Sorry about pic, still trying out this NEW DSC-F717 sony! Anyhow the beads are black moretti rolled in silver swiped with dark turquoise transparent and then swiped with a hand mixed dark turquoise that was drenched in silver blue and transparent blue reduction frit - which is what gives those electric blue colors. The spacers are encased with the center being the RF mixed glass then encased with dark turquoise glass.

Emily NZ
10-08-2004, 04:57 AM
I love the pink and green colour combo.
Margaret that is lovely. It is neat to try a different way of doing things you can get nice surprises !
Briatha and Maureen great lentils and what a great electric blue!
Emily
Here is a teeny wee boro vessel from me only 22mm long.

glasglas
10-08-2004, 05:08 AM
Here are our most recent on ebay. All Effetre. I don't know the specific colors Scott used in any of them, but they're probably pretty easy to figure out. Saltwater has some SIS on it.

I discovered that sets are much easier to name if I let our 6 y.o. dau. have a go at it! Sometimes she comes up with a good one right off the bat and sometimes she doesn't, but at least she gets my thoughts headed in a new direction and that makes it much quicker for me to name the sets.

Also, for anybody who may be interested, I updated our website with all new bead pics and a journal style page with pics of our vacation in Italy.

Tomsanctuary426
10-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Good morning~
Love them beads!!! We made a few things last night...take a peak. Have a great one everyone.
Tom & Karen :wave:

Joensey
10-08-2004, 07:20 AM
A beautiful way to start the day everyone! I am so gonna be late for work if I don't get moving.
A set of white tigers and a focal.
Jeanne

Onalee
10-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Here are mine for the day. I have posted these before but redid a couple of the beads that weren't up to my standards. I'm putting these up on the Bay today. Just got back from my walk. Such wonderful weather. I'm off to check out everyone elses beads for the day. Good Day. Onalee

jeffwelsh23462
10-08-2004, 09:03 AM
hi everyone.. okay lets see....
DAPHNE- LOVE THE ROSE BEAD
FAITH-THE CIMSON OMEN LENTILS ARE AWESOME!
MARGARET-LOVE THE SWIRLS OF COLOR IN THE BEAD!
MAUREEN-THE METALLIC LOOK OF THE BEADS.. great!
EMILY-THE VESSEL IS SMASHING
GLAS GLAS- ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE YELLOW HAIR ENDOWED LADY BEAD :clap: TOO CUTE!
TOM- THE DICHROIC DOLPHIN IS BEAUTIFUL!
JEANNE- THE WHITE TIGER BEADS ARE FABULOUS
ONALEE- OHH I LOVE THE GREEN SHIMMER BEADS....

HERE'S MY STUFF FOR THE DAY! EVERYONE HAVE A SUPER FRIDAY! :clap: :clap:

gwacie
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Lovely lovelies gang. S&T really starts the day off well.

Emily - the vessel is adorable, but I must confess, I have no idea how you got the holes in your handles like that!

greatfindsct
10-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Daphne, beautiful roses!
Faith, I love Shazaam :)
Margaret, I love that shape, it's a bit different huh?
Maureen- great foil!!!
Emily - that vessel is so cute! I love the color scheme.
Debbie and Scott, great beads, love the Godesses!
Scott and Karen, I love the icycle pendant:)
Jean, great white tigers! They're purrrrrfect :)
Onalee-, great colors and foil work!!!
Ok, Jeff, can I just have one of those sea dragons!! They're awesome!

Here's some focals from me. Playing with a lot of silver, raku, and other frits! :) Oh, and some glorious Gaffer. That's my first bead made with it. The colors look like candy! Is it possible to be in love with a glass? LOL

dasi11
10-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow... another beautiful day of glass.
here are some amber base florals. The flowers are made with Raku.

greatfindsct
10-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Heather, those are breathtaking!!! Absolutely beautiful! I love them, can you tell??? Awesome job!

Linnea
10-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Wow... another beautiful day of glass.
here are some amber base florals. The flowers are made with Raku.
those flowers are soooooo cool. what a great idea!!!!!!!

starlightdesigns
10-08-2004, 10:34 AM
On an earlier thread someone was asking about electric blue color which started me making these beads. Sorry about pic, still trying out this NEW DSC-F717 sony! Anyhow the beads are black moretti rolled in silver swiped with dark turquoise transparent and then swiped with a hand mixed dark turquoise that was drenched in silver blue and transparent blue reduction frit - which is what gives those electric blue colors. The spacers are encased with the center being the RF mixed glass then encased with dark turquoise glass.

Oh Maureen, I was the one wanting the electric blue ~ and my how those fit the bill!!!! LOVELY!!! I did get some mosaic blue in the other day, not sure if it was you who recommended it for an electric blue color, but I have yet to try it out. I am sick as a dog. Haven't been able to torch for two days and today ain't likely either.

BOO HOO!!!!! I am suffering torching withdrawal BIG TIME!!!!

Anyway, everyone, once again a most awesome S&T. If there's only one thing I do today, it's to look at all these BEAUTIES!!!

Now I'm going back to bed!

Have a great day everyone... we're FINALLY getting some much needed rain here...

Hugs,

dasi11
10-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Hope you feel better soon Debby!

jeffwelsh23462
10-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Ok, Jeff, can I just have one of those sea dragons!! They're awesome!

just pm me and we can work out a trade!!! :clap: :cool: :clap:

Heather/Ericaceae
10-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I love great-find Jen's long bumpy dark silver-blue bead! And Jeff, is your icicle made with glow-powder? I ordered some from Swirlees and should be getting it any day now!!! Of course, I got some raku and iris gold from OCR nearly two weeks ago and I've been too busy to play with it much. But it's nice to come here for inspiration and info, so I can dream about things I'd LIKE to make! Great showcase today!

-Heather

amealer
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
WOW!! I tried to go back and pick which beads to comment on, but there are so many outstanding and inspirational beads! And I don't want to leave anyone out....

I'm getting settled into my old routine since returning from my "dream vacation" in Athens, Greece, (BTW, the USA Quad Rugby team took Bronze) and was able to get in some good "torch time" last night. And to all who recommended that I spend the extra money to buy a kiln with the digital controller, "Thank you!!!" It was so nice to go directly from the torch to the kiln, then let them anneal and cool overnight...now I understand that Christmas Morning feeling when I open the door and take out my cooled, annealed beads!

Here are some of the beads I took out this morning. Most of them are color experiments inspired by Corina's "Not Witchcraft" challenge. Lots of fun to play with!!

As Dorothy says, "There's no place like home...."

Allen

ChristyL
10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Beautiful work everyone! I think these show and tells just get better every day!
I made a little Christmas kitty, 2 beads with a rinestone rondel in the middle. And some blue frit encased beads, and coppergreen beads with silvered ivory.
Have a great day everyone!
Hugs*
ChristyL

Jamn!
10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Very cool stuff!!!!!! :clap:
I haven't been torching this last week but I am getting my oxy tank today...... lololol I want to blast some boro with oxy!! :evil:

Amozoo
10-08-2004, 12:16 PM
nice show of glass today! I had a customer request this set based on a color variation of another set she bought. (hope she likes it!)

DonnaBee
10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Great, great day everyone as usual!

Heather, those are some of the most beautiful round floral beads I have ever seen here. I can tell they are even better in person.........

Elena
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Its' rainy and dreary on my end here in Oregon. Looking forward to a lot of torch time,after I walk my dog today!
Latest set from a fun and funky torching session that I have listed on E-bay.
trans green and purple,Copper green,raku frit,yellow ochre,silver plum,goldstone stringer.
Have a great day,
Elena

sarakay
10-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Great beads everybody!!

This is a bead I made (and also demoed) at the 30-torch retreat in Asheville last weekend. It's several views of the same bead because it's hard to photograph.

beachbeads
10-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Its' rainy and dreary on my end here in Oregon. Looking forward to a lot of torch time,after I walk my dog today!

Elena
I don't know where you live but you just described the coast, I hate to admit summer is over!! Today is Ulgy and windy. All of todays show is beautiful. Sara Kaye, WOW!! Wish I could of seen that demo. Here is a bracelet I put together from these gorgeous dichroic beads made by Deb Crowley of the Glass Hive fame, and a necklace and bead I made to go with bracelet. Bead is Moretti ivory with thick silver foil and transparent purple topped with transparent blue, heated to a drippy hot and then blended in colors. And a bottle stopper made from Moretti Silver pink swirled with iris gold and raku frit. Good day to everyone, Sheila

P*M*S
10-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Sara - awesome bead - and I got to see it being made :clap:

dasi11
10-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Everyone has such beautiful beads today. Thank you for the compliments. It means alot. Gotta get back to the torch. Finally, I have gotten a few days to get some beads done.

HOLIDAYLADY
10-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Sara, Your beads just "blow me away" they are sooo beautiful. I wish I had that kind of talent. :D

sarakay
10-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks! I was good and didn't even cuss while demoing. That bead is a PITA to make and usually makes me to use strong language. Especially when it cracks when I'm almost finished. The glass fairies were good to me at the retreat. :D

Sara - awesome bead - and I got to see it being made :clap:

Mr.Smiley
10-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Nothing worth selling here in this bunch of glass. Especially that dragon Jeff. ;) Just send it all to me! :evil:

PM me for my address- LOL

:wave:

Amozoo
10-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Great beads everybody!!

This is a bead I made (and also demoed) at the 30-torch retreat in Asheville last weekend. It's several views of the same bead because it's hard to photograph.
These beads are amazing!! Very very amazingly beautiful.

mhartjen
10-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Great show and tell ... here are a few of mine ... Marna

Fire Imp
10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
I love that bead Sara!!

Finally, after weeks away..I have a picture!!

Daphne of Dilluvian
10-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Just peeked back in and am awestruck really. I am an encased floral fan and so just loved all of those. I really have to get some frits to try and start colour mixing more. Loved that electric blue, and the elf rocks as always. I really don't have the patience to singe everyone out, but loved looking at them all and seeing everyone's great work.

Daphne

Sophia757
10-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Great beads everybody!!

Sara that bead is AWESOME!!! :clap: :D

Lori Peterson
10-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I love that bead Sara!!

Finally, after weeks away..I have a picture!!

And what a picture it is! That is one magnificent bead, Virginia. It is adorable!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fire Imp
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Awe shucks...thanks very much! :D

TroyNC
10-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Great beads everybody!!

SARA!
You made me drool all over my keyboard!!! That is....GORGEOUS!!! I'm simply in awe & green w/ enby at your talent :envy:

PSSST!
Everyone else....beautiful as well.... :cat: