PDA

View Full Version : Help with Price Please

Tazzielou
10-07-2004, 09:20 PM
I have made these two beads. A woman wants me to make her one of each as well. My problem is I do not know how much to charge her for them. I am greatful for help any of you can give me. I was thinking $10.00 for each. Is that to much or to low.

Thanks again,

Juli

greatfindsct
10-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Well, I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know that your time in making those wonderful beads is worth more than $10 a piece. I would probably charge at least $20 a piece. That's me though. For me it's hard to price something in person, that's why I like eBay so much, I don't have to see their faces...lol
They're awesome by the way :)

Amozoo
10-07-2004, 10:02 PM
your pictures are not showing up on my computer! Ahh charge $100!

Geneva
10-08-2004, 12:40 AM
If you paid yourself $15.00 Hr. I don't think that would cover those beautiful beads. As a standard because the beads are not part of my buisness I pay myself $25.00 Hr. But I do Other glass for aliving and the shop time is $45.00 hr. and when I do out of town and show demo's it is $55.00 Hr. You always have to figure in the extra time on preparation and travel when you sell your product. If you make regular wages then you are giving your beads away and not making a profit.
Geneva

ChristyL
10-08-2004, 07:38 AM
HI, Personally I charge $15 for finished figural beads and $25 if I put them into a pendant. I have sold them really well at auction at these prices.
Yours look great!
Hugs*
ChristyL

Rose Leslie
10-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Yes, You figure your price per hour you are working for first. Then You go with then the price of the materials and what you think your creations are worth. Some times you would be surprised that you under price your self and your work. At least $25.00.
:clap:

Tazzielou
10-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much everyone. I am glad you like my beadies. I am going to ask her for $20.00 each. If she really wants them, she should be fine with that price. Thanks again for all of the advice and making me very happy you all like my beads.

Juli

Jamn!
10-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Thank you so much everyone. I am glad you like my beadies. I am going to ask her for $20.00 each. If she really wants them, she should be fine with that price. Thanks again for all of the advice and making me very happy you all like my beads.

Juli
I think thats a great price!! Much better!!

Amozoo
10-08-2004, 12:34 PM
why can't I see your pictures and seems like every one else can!? Oh i switched browsers and can see them now, good you decided on a price I think 20 per bead sounds good. good luck!