PDA

View Full Version : What's on your easel 7th oct (apart from all the other unfinished pieces!)

HRH Goldie
10-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi thought I'd quickly post this - a new escape for me. Playing and experimenting with colour and materials this is evolving.
This is just the start and am busy with mountains and water at the moment and as yet have had no thought as to foreground. Started this piece as merely a relief to frustration lol!
Daler Mountboard is the ground and is in black in colour. This is why I chose it - to see what effect if any, it had on paint colours. Or whether or not if influenced the mood and tone of the piece. It is A2 in size.
Please feel free to comment - I have broad shoulders lol!

Christine

bjcpaints
10-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Hmmm, I am unable to open this.

jbitzel
10-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Hmmm, I am unable to open this.
It is a photoshop document, you may be able to use the latest version of adobe reader.

I like the limited pallette and maybe the color does affect the outcome. :wave:

Bertoni
10-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Wish I could open this!! I tried!! :)

Lady Carol
10-07-2004, 05:24 PM
For those who don't have Photoshop.......here it is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2004/11811-red_scape_wip_resized1.jpg

ExpressiveAngie
10-07-2004, 08:02 PM
WOW Woman... thats pretty intense. And thats coming from me, the chickie who loves red, :wave: .
Its mesmerizing ( I looked that word up in the dictionary and it still doesnt look like its spelled right!), really, I can hardly pull out of it :clap: :clap:

Whats up with these A sizes....A2? I see it all over and I reacon I should know but I dont :rolleyes:

HRH Goldie
10-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Thank you my guardian angel Carol :angel: :clap:
I have never tried photoshop before but it is the only photo programme I have on this computer at the moment. I resized as per normal and cannot for the life of me understand why it has done that. Surely it should upload in a media friendly format? Carol maybe you can tell me how you managed to open and then upload in proper format.
My apologies for all those frustrated by not being able to open. There was slight glare as paint still had some water content. I think as the daler board is smooth it has enhanced the sheen of the paint too.
Angie - Lol Red is one of my faves too and maybe you can tell that all wasn't right with the world when I started this. Things haven't improved so maybe I should use that energy and finish this. Thanks for comments - I've never done a sun like this before so was interesting to see the results - I'm still not sure though. Maybe it will morph some more before I'm done lol. Thanks for commenting. :D

Christine

ExpressiveAngie
10-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I hope you dont change a lot with the sun, like I said I could hardly pull my eyes from it Christine..very commanding painting.

HRH Goldie
10-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Thank you Angie - for having a little faith in my attempts. :wink2:

Christine

Lady Carol
10-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Carol maybe you can tell me how you managed to open and then upload in proper format.

Christine

Christine, you want to save it as a jpeg not a photoshop file (PSD). Just go to File...Save as... Down the bottom of the box that comes up which allows you to select where you want to save it to and change the name if necessary... there is a drop down box that allows you to also change the file format. There you select jpeg or other friendlier formats.

colours_man
10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Interesting, moody piece, Goldie. I would never have to courage to let my imagination go like that :)

I managed to open the psd file file ok, its good to have the extra detail. I didn't think attachments over 100K were allowed though?

All the best,
Nick

HRH Goldie
10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi Carol I saved it as a jpeg so I don't know what has happened there - unless I have sent the original photo by accident. I shall go back and check now to see if there is a smaller file.
Nick - You will be able to do this when things go crazy in your life paint and 'let rip' - it's great therapy. Just go with the energy not so much with what you are creating - the sun was done with teeth clenched I was so angry and upset at the time. It would be interesting to hear these art critics interpretation lol.
This was resized so I don't know how its got through if it is bigger 500 x 600 was exactly the resize. So I think that the evidence would suggest I sent the wrong one. Sorry for causing probs.
By the way - I was reading your bio - what is a luthier? Excuse my curiosity and lack of knowledge. :o

Christine

colours_man
10-08-2004, 01:34 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Oct-2004/43442-nude_wc.jpg
Well this is what is on my easel - but I dont think its going any further. I started it from life on a course. I had a photo of the surroundings but the figure had to stay more or less as it was after the original 2 hour session.

Goldie, a luthier was the name for someone who makes lutes; but it is used for ant sort of stringed instruments nowadays. I make violins and guitars mainly, but have made 1 lute. Maybe I should give painting like you a go - I could do with some therapy!
Nick

Charlie's Mum
10-08-2004, 01:46 PM
The Red Planet eh?
Like the sun - very compelling.......but, tho a hot colour, I'm chilled!!!!!
Want to know where you'll go with this, so I'll be watching! :D

HRH Goldie
10-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks Nick for increasing my knowledge. Now I feel slightly embarrassed :o But no I shan't tell you what I thought it pertained to. :wink2: Nice portrait study and an unusual angle - did you get the short straw like I did and have to set up in the most unflattering postition to the model lol!
I think most ladies would tell you they would not want this angle to be painted so the model mustn't have a care in the world. :p

Maureen - Don't really know where to take this but after class last night it may turn out looking like one of Matt's abstracts and then gessoed! :evil:
I thought that expressing a monotone or is that monochrome landscape would slot in to my project - WRONG!!!!! He said I may be able to cut out the sun as a further example of colour blending like the strips we had to do. I shall say nothing except is it possible to have a negative value when it comes to self confidence. As mine is currently way under the table. :(

Christine