PDA

View Full Version : Robt Wade Book.

billyg
10-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Greetings,
Just bought Robert Wade (Oz) Watercolour Workshop Handbook ISBN 1-929834-15-2. Class act, goes well with my Joseph Zubuvich (sp). Looking forward to lots of practice and exciting finds. He has an accompanying video out with the same name I think. Good stuff
Billyg. :clap: :clap:

Yorky
10-07-2004, 05:01 AM
I agree with you, Billy, it is an excellent book with much good advice on how to approach painting and develop it as a career.

Doug

jaytee
10-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi Billy :wave: :wave: :wave:

Long time no see :crying: Hope alls well with you and your nekkid ladies :evil:

Ive just finished 2 new books. ..........Shirley Travena......'Taking Risks with Watercolour' which is full of the most amazing step by step WIP detail Ive ever seen from any artist .... pages of close-ups and explanation as to how a particular paitning in her own uniquely colourful style developed . it has inspired me to experiment. so watch out you guys.........

and 'Harley Browns Eternal Truths for Every Artist' which probably didnt tell me anything I didnt already know but told me in an amusing and more importantly 'memorable' way......... a guy who isnt trying to be impressively academic about his teaching !!!

youve also reminded me Im supposed to be compiling the BOOK section of the guide. so right now I will create a thread in Tech forum to start adding things to !!!!

Pars
10-07-2004, 07:26 AM
billyg Says,Greetings,
Just bought Robert Wade (Oz) Watercolour Workshop Handbook ISBN 1-929834-15-2. Class act.

Want to echo Billy and Yorky's thoughts on Wade's book. After reading a thread in which Doug recommended this book I went to look for it. It is among the best I've gotten. It is thorough, the instructions clear, the examples par excellent and a worthy member of the Bookshelf.

pampe
10-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi, Billy!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Let us see what you do with it!!

Yale N.
10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I just joined WC. Can I add my "2 cents"? I love the Robert Wade book! I also have his first one, "Painting More Than the Eye Can See". I don't know if you can still get this one, but , if you can, DO! His videos are good too!! Now..... if it would just rub off on me!! Good luck !!
Yale

Rod
10-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the info,

I've just searched our Christchurch library and reserved the book for loan,

Rod.