PDA

View Full Version : B&W Exchange = What did you do with yours? Heres' mine

FiredDesires
10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
First off......thank you, thank you to all the participants of the black & white exchange....and a special hug for the co-ordinator, Deb Read. Without your contributions the below beauties wouldn't have been possible....I now have a lovely three piece jewelry set. The only one missing? The little turtle....he has a place of honor in the glass showcase in the store, and will be eventually pictured on my website under "My Glass Collection". Ok, everyone...show me what you've done with yours!!!!!! :clap:

sadiesjewels
10-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Oh that is spectacular ... it's wonderful to see all the treasures put to good use.

i have to confess that mine always go into my collection drawer in their entirety - I just cannot bear to make anything with anyone elses beads!!! I string them all together on a piece of wire and they sit there until I chose to show them or admire them. I love them all ... each one ... and imagine the time and thought that has gone into each.

You certainly put me to shame!

sadie

Brindelle
10-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Wow Catharine! What a great set of goodies! They all went together so nicely. I'm still in the fondling stage and haven't decided what to do with them beyond admiring them. You have inspired me! :clap:

Kimberly Affleck
10-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Catharine!!! :wave: :D :wave: :D :wave: :D :wave: That is BEAUTIFUL!! I still have mine in the box for cryin' out loud :rolleyes: . Haven't decided what to do with them, but your designs give me some good ideas!
Kimberly

FiredDesires
10-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks you guys for taking the time to respond to my thread, usually they just drop off the page!!!
Sadie, don't mean to put anyone to shame....in past exchanges..all my beads would end up bundled together and on display...instead of being put to use..
Brindelle...good :clap: ..I'm glad I can inspire someone...I might need to borrow that back next month!! I've been in a slump lately. Be sure to show us what you do.....when you do it!
Kim! :wave: Those beads won't grow mold (or can they?!)..so keep looking at them until the jewelry muse grabs ahold of you.
I'm going to get a kick out of wearing this set as there is so much to look at, each bead is so different/unique....I'll be a walking advertisement for so many talented artists!!!
Ok...everyone..I want pictures!!!!! show me, show me. :cat:

dread
10-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Wow - the finished jewelry is so wonderful

Kimberley glad you posted first- I didnt want to admit mine were still in the box sitting on my living room table ! I still havnt got around to sorting them out and photographing the group pick - but I think Catherine has done them proud !

beadsbybrat
10-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Wow - the finished jewelry is so wonderful

Kimberley glad you posted first- I didnt want to admit mine were still in the box sitting on my living room table ! I still havnt got around to sorting them out and photographing the group pick - but I think Catherine has done them proud !

LOLOL! That is EXACTLY where mine are!

Sassyglassgal
10-09-2004, 09:53 PM
:wink2: well DANG!!!!!!! /where was I when this little exchange went on....must have been asleep at the wheel. I love black and white. Pooh hoo, maybe next time. That set sure is purty Cat :clap: I just got my paper weight I made and also screwed up at glass stock back from Catherine and I cannot tell all of you the awesome job she did on it. Woo hoo.....YOUR AMAZING and I thank you doll. I will take a pic and get it up on here for everyone to see. I managed to scrape a line quite wide all the way around my weight, it went flying when I was grinding the bottom and that was the result. Cat took it home to Alaska with her and did her magic and now it you can't see the scratches and she did some artistic sand blasting on it and it looks fantastic, so I guess you know she will get something special in the mail from me. Thanks again Cat.

Shelley Gillespie
10-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Catharine, that is absolutely gorgeous! :clap: :clap:
Been working on a necklace, not finished yet, but would like to share my bead-exchange map with all of you- my way of keeping track of from who/where all these treasures came from! I've been attaching little tags to a map on display in my studio, with thumbnail-size pic and name/city/state of the beadmaker. It's so cool to look at as a reminder of WC! exchange buddies and the beautiful beads!
Thanks again Deborah for hosting this exchange!
-Shelley

JavaGirlBT
10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I wasn't in the exchange but after seeing Catharine's pieces, I wish I had been! :clap: :clap: :clap: Beautiful job! It reminds me of the necklace Debbie (Smedstad) had on at the Gathering where she strung all the tradesies she had gotten last year. Cool!