PDA

View Full Version : that pesky raku frit???

!ngridh
10-06-2004, 08:27 PM
hummmmm what do you think???

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/10727-Image1.jpg

and I tried the coffee grinder on frit today...I didn't anticipate that when the lid came off the smallest particles would waft up into the air...so I know I inhaled them...and now I am obsessing...I am sure that my throat and lungs hurt! sigh...

Himalayan Fanatic
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Absolutely beautiful!

Pam

crsann
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
STUPENDOUS!!!!!!!
Ingrid, those are to die for I really love them
chrisann

Mr.Smiley
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I'll bet your wishing you could just get some nice purples or something that looks colorful out of it. I think that with such muddy looking beads you should just give up entirely. :rolleyes:

Those are great! I can't wait to try it... I got some in the mail today! Woohooie! I'll try not to kill myself with the dust... I want to live to see the beads I make come out of the kiln- LOL

Excellent job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bjcohan
10-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Ingrid, you are truly the Queen of Purple!!!

Good grief, woman, you could probably pull purple out of GREEN!!! From now on, when people ask you what you do for a living, tell them you're an alchemist!

Utterly amazing... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barb:cat:

Andie's Glass
10-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Okay, so I haven't been paying attention ... where does this raku frit come from? Or did you make it?

Just curious, as always,
Andie

Amozoo
10-06-2004, 09:52 PM
!ngridh, that is beautiful!! Every few days I try an experament, to see what will happen with a color /frit combo and I'm usually dissapointed, wow that is a great effect! I love pretty purples.

oh and your lungs, well, I know you won't do that again, but it reminded me of what my daughter in law said, She has a lampworker friend who had a hair analysis done, and they were horrified by the results, I can't remember what all metals they found in his hair. Jeeze. oh and she said the average age of lampworkers is only 70. That's scary!

!ngridh
10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Thank you thank you...please note the ???

I have a favorite frit... I mixed it with the raku...and you don't have to do anything special to get these colors....melt it in and let the bead cool and then just heat the surface....the same way you need to do with edp...and voila!!! (well except you don't have to heat cool -cool heat turn around twice and click your heels... )you have this color...I will list it in the swap shop...I mean it just colors ...no special treatment...if you cool and reheat it colors more...;-)))

I am sooooooo lazy...the blues are from the raku frit...and there is some of the warmer tones but the purple/pink is another frit that is not finicky....

Jennifer Geldard
10-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Darn Ing,
You came back before I could call you on it!! LOL
Ingrid gifted me with some of this beautiful frit a while back...
it's lovely isn't it??

Beautiful Work!

bluhealer
10-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Purple/lilac rose?
That's what mine looks like when I mix them with R108/raku......
My favorite combo to date!!
:)
Carolyn

jamilyn
10-07-2004, 01:11 AM
ingrid since you are out of the frit - please do tell the color for those of us with 1000 jars we might just have some already ?? :)

NYCindy
10-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Just for fun, I'm going to try to guess what's in the frit - my guess is that there's Effetre/Moretti 254 with the R-108 - maybe some opal yellow too.

amayita
10-07-2004, 07:34 AM
:crying: :crying: I dont know where the swap shop is!!! :crying: :crying:
I tried a wc search but my screen kept coming up blank! Am I going to miss the frit in the swap shop? Can someone tell me where to look?? This is so frustrating! LOL

CarolinaDreamDesigns
10-07-2004, 09:36 AM
ingrid since you are out of the frit - please do tell the color for those of us with 1000 jars we might just have some already ?? :)

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

please please please pretty please with sugar on top .....

Martha
:D

!ngridh
10-07-2004, 10:20 AM
go to the swap shop for more information...;-)

!ngridh
10-07-2004, 12:06 PM
go to the swap shop for more information...;-)

I ORDERED ANOTHER KILO SHOULD BE HERE BY MONDAY OR TUES.
CHECK THE SWAP SHOP FOR DETAILS. FRET FREE FRIT!

umajoy
10-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I'm new. I am looking for raku frit, someone told me that in WC somebody is selling it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Umajoy :)

Jamn!
10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Very very pretty!!! :)

amayita
10-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Ok....I think I missed the frit, but when I tried to get to the swap shop with directions I got through a pm, It says I dont have access to it! :(
Whats a girl to do??!! :confused:

acorns2oaks
10-07-2004, 07:32 PM
I may still have about 3 ounces for sale if anyone wants any. PM or email me [email protected] They are $3 each plus s/h. I'll be putting them and other frit in my store if they are still here by the weekend.....

Jamn!
10-08-2004, 12:23 PM
So you telling/not telling... lolololololol :cat:

!ngridh
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I haven't bought more...was told that is a no no but I still have several oz that I can sell. I don't need a whole half kilo...

If you didn't get any then pm me...;-)

quill
10-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Jeeze. oh and she said the average age of lampworkers is only 70.

hmmm......

EbonRue
10-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Yum! Looks like something painted by Klimt!