PDA

View Full Version : Rose ring -- Thanks mperaza!

jennakate
10-06-2004, 05:50 PM
mperaza sent me this bead because I suggested she make some roses with only a "half-drilled" hole for rings. Here's what I came up with:

MaureenKennedy
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Beautiful job. did you glue the silver into the hole, or is just tension holding it there?

bjcohan
10-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Gorgeous rose! Gorgeous ring!

Be really REALLY careful about waving your hands around when you talk! It would be terrible if that banged into something! (I'm such a klutz, that ring would be a goner in no time! I'm very envious of people who don't break things...)

Great idea to do that "half-drilled." Collaboration at its best!

Barb:cat:

jennakate
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I had to glue it. I don't think i would wear this ring as an every day piece... i think it would be better for an occasion like a wedding or a graduation or something formal.

mperaza
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Jenna, you are so welcome!!! It's fun to see what other's can/will do with the beads I make - and.... since the 1/2 hole was your idea, you are the first (in fact- you are the only) person to have one.

Thank you for making such a lovely piece of jewelry with one of my beads - and especially for allowing me the pleasure to see your finished work.

Marilyn

Daphne of Dilluvian
10-08-2004, 01:19 AM
What a stunning bead and what a perfect setting. I love those rose beads and will have to get one someday. I think that the rose ring idea would absolutely take off. You should run with it. I know that I want one now.

Daphne

collectiblesbyrose
10-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Beautiful! :clap: Perfect setting for a perfect bead! :clap:

MegannsMom
10-08-2004, 07:37 AM
I had to glue it. I don't think i would wear this ring as an every day piece... i think it would be better for an occasion like a wedding or a graduation or something formal.

OOOHHH......what a fabulous idea! Can you imagine how gorgeous those rings would be on an entire wedding party?! (well, the girls, anyway :wink2: )
You could make them to match the wedding colors, or to match the flowers in the bouqet(spelling? I'm still sleepy)
I have some glorious vivions of the wedding photos right now....it's the kind of thing that a Brides Magazine would jump on, I bet! You two should get your heads together more; what an incredible result! Congratulations to you both!! :clap:
~Cindy