PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy

Dave Hudon
10-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Cross Platform from Sci-Fi
Hey everyone,
it's been a few months since I've been on here since I have a young baby at home and have not been able to find the time to draw. I've been working on this one for a few months now off and on and finally finished it over the weekend. It's 16 X 20 on Bainbridge board, drawn completely freehand and is a mix of watercolor, grayscale markers and pencils. My initial idea was all B&W but changed my mind and added very subtle color to try to make it pop. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

AFM159
10-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Nice! Has that old cinematic feel.

designbyjen
10-07-2004, 07:47 AM
was the skull-like suggestion inbetw. the top of the gate rungs intentional? i love it & i love 'sneaky' stuff in illos. in general.
i like the subtle color too ;)
~~~jen

Dave Hudon
10-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Jen,
the skull was actually not intentional at first(kinda scary). I noticed it right away after working on that section and thought that I should leave it alone since it was subtle and spooky at the same time. I usually do hide the names of my two sons in my drawing though. Thanks Jen and AFM159 for your comments.

Axl
10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Ahhh i love it! I love how it has that great old-movie feel to it that is sooo convincing!

you say that your sons' names are in here?? *looks*

coolray
10-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh this is good. The over all piece just puts me in mind of the ol thrillers. I think you've done a great job.

I only see one spot that kinda bothers me, but it may be just me. The girls lower leg seems a bit short. but otherwise it's great!

Terry