PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Drookit (Wash) - Wednesday 6th October 04***

Roun2it
10-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Morning each,

Well I went to bed with the full intention to 'tattie my bogle' (Thanks Henry), but I'm afraid it came off in my hand!!!!!!! :o What can a man do? :evil: :wink2:

Got some sleep even though I'm up early. I feel refreshed. I'm looking forward to my first shower since my op,............. whooooof it whiffs here. :(

I think we put the finger on the sleeping probs, I know I had things on my mind but other forces were at play.....

Whilst I was in hospital Chris put 'new' bedding on the bed, including new quilt and pillow. The new pillow is massive, (her ambition in life to have the biggest pillow, she is jealous of americans who always seem to have big pillows on TV) anyway last night, just before I 'tattied my bogle' I switched pillows back, ahhhhh, heaven...........such comfort in an old friend.(the pillow..........the PILLOW)

BBL

amaze_1101
10-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Morning Kev, now GET BACK TO THE STUDIO, you have a challenge to complete!!
:D

Roun2it
10-06-2004, 02:03 AM
It's already taken over my life, was the last thing I did before I went to bed and was the 1st thing I did when I got up.

............I wish I was like Arnold Lowrey, you know...........'Full Sheet, wet into wet, took about 20 minutes' ..........he makes me sick :envy: ............I wonder if a Welshman has a 'bogle to tattie' (do you know I'm throwing this phrase of Henry's around and I haven't got a clue what it means)

Oh, and by the way just started a new book, 'Starting to Paint' by..........Arnold Lowrey. It's looking good, just flicking through, he has such a gift.

Lulu
10-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Evening each:D
Well, Kev, I'd like to know what tattie your bogle means too!
Perhaps we could all start guessing????????? :p

Been a good day here in kiwi-land. At least in the northern part.
Went to Hamilton to take two of my acrylic paintings to an art gallery with a view to them exhibiting them. They have to be seen by all the owners then they'll give me their decision. They have been posted in the acrylic forum - ladies, impressionistic style. Here's hoping.
Then had coffee with DS Michael. He's very happy at his school, was on duty at lunch time for a while so I sat in the sun for a while with him and 'watched' the kids. Not one sign of anything untoward that needed his attention. He then took me to his classroom to show me artwork that he's been doing with his class. Great stuff, collage etc. Also a big chicken wire and papier mache 'man'. Looks great!
I love seeing him at school. The staff are always very happy there and it's a very happy environment.
Elliot is now 10 lb 1 oz! He's putting on about a pound a week and is a very placid wee boy. His 2 1/2 yr old sister Abbie calls him El - O - P !!!! She's learning her alphabet! lol
then a bit of retail therapy getting ready for the heat and humidity of Australia - any excuse!!!:D

John is much better today, so am glad I insisted he went to the doctor yesterday.

Hi Elaine, and all yet to come. :wave:

Yorky
10-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Morning all :wave:

Clouds are racing by this morning, preparing to drop their rain on Longridge:D

Morning each,
Well I went to bed with the full intention to 'tattier my bogle' (Thanks Henry), but I'm afraid it came off in my hand!!!!!!! :o What can a man do? :evil: :wink2:

Leave it - you'll go blind ! :evil: ;)

I was sorting through my heap of paintings yesterday, looking for my Newburgh originals - d'you know I have over 200 paintings lying there, unmatted and unframed. Wish I could find a market for them. I suppose I ought to sort them into "hopeless" "maybe" and "OK" piles and offer the best ones around :rolleyes:

Ruth told me to concentrate on local views and she was right - they are the ones that have sold. No-one wants paintings of the Glacier National Park in Lancashire :(

Looking forward to seeing the results of the Year of Paintings challenge appearing - I just couldn't do that myself - I paint in fits and starts.

Glad you could manage a shower, Kev, beginning to get whiffy down here with the wind from the north :)

Well, I've done the quick crossword, now to read "Readers Letters".

Bye for now,

Doug

Lulu
10-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Leave it - you'll go blind ! :evil: ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Europa
10-06-2004, 05:02 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Ok I think there is something seriously wrong here - I don't know why I keep getting up at this unearthly hour - although I did get a phone call to say they were delivering the hire car by 10.30 so that could be one thing....lol.

Am still working on that portrait I restarted - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kev - I can understand what your wife means about big pillows - I have to have four pillows or I can't sleep - then again I would have thought you would have been a nice comfy pillow for her... :evil:

Doug - I dont know about Kev going blind - I thought he already was :wink2: - have you seen his perspective. :evil:

Waving to Lulu and Elaine.

Right am off to get some food and await my new car. :D

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

amaze_1101
10-06-2004, 05:10 AM
"Tattie my bogle" is the phrase of the day
OHHH An image comes into my mind :eek:
I will not explain it, I'm embarrased to say
For I'm of the delicate kind :angel:

Now Kev's 'bogle' is broke and he's all in a tizz
But I daren't offer hammer or glue :confused:
I'll find Henry to fix it whatever it is
So that Kev can go tattie anew

jaytee
10-06-2004, 05:18 AM
I have a confession............ I got my Bogling Tattie mixed up with my Reeking Lum, so Henry dear Henry please add bogling to the list of unknowns.......... and quickly before this thread becomes banned and earns a pink buttock!!

Not yet properly awake............... and havent mustered the energy to tackle the Ogden Nash thread yet !!!! Should never have let it get away from me.

off to V&W and KP so ......

TTFN & HH&J A&AWAYTC -BBL :evil:

Roun2it
10-06-2004, 05:30 AM
No-one wants paintings of the Glacier National Park in Lancashire :( Doug

I didn't know they'ed moved it to Lancashire :confused: :wink2:

Funny though, there always seems to be a market for Venice.

I know what you mean though, I went to an Art fair the other week, in Ribchester, there were loads of local artists showing their wares, about 150-200 paintings, for a whole week.

When I went to meet with them at their next painting session they were pleased because they had sold a total of 8 paintings.

Oh and I too just don't know how I am going to manage a year of painting, what a fool. I kinda like paint in stops and stops, rather than stops and starts. Maybe after this year I could change my name from 'roun2it' to 'dunit'. :evil:

The painting I'm doing has a pebbled beach and I've started doing it in a Joe Francis Dowden way, he uses layers and layers of splashed paint and masking fluid, hurling it all over the place. He calls it bio-mimicry, I'm not to sure, I just got a gloupy gloppy mess on the bottom of my paper, that takes ages to dry and I'm in fear that everything will just tear off when it come to crunch time. (Did I say crunchie time, pass the chockies, Pat you got loads there!!)

Oh well another load of paint hurrled and dried, off to flick some masking. Is the the real meaning of 'tattie my bogle?'

JT funnily enough the Ogden Nash thingy had passed me by, so been reading the thing this morning. I think they need some Spike Milligan in there :D

Ellen in Ont
10-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:
Just a quick hi before I am off to work. I can't get used to it still being dark out as I get up and get ready. Before work, during the summer, I take a cup of tea outside to enjoy the day that has already started without me. During the winter it feels like I am getting up in the middle of the night and no one should be up yet :D
My DS and I are going to set up the aquarium in the basement tomorrow and net the fish in the pond. Their summer holiday outside is over and they have to move in to their winter quarters.
I'll check in again when I get home tonight. Hope your day is a great one. :wave:

BobH
10-06-2004, 06:54 AM
I hope Henry shows up to enlighten us about 'tattie your bogle'. Because according to the dictionary, 'tattie' means 'potato' and 'bogle' means 'goblin or specter'. So I'm completely at sea wondering what 'potato your goblin' could possibly mean :confused: .
Anita asked my yesterday 'what brought me to NC'? It was just time for a change. Sometimes you just need a change in circumstances. I had changed careers, the kids were off to college and we decided to do something for us. So we moved to a great place and are very happy.
Watched the VP debate last night. Thought it was very compelling and really highlighted the differences between the candidates.
Not much going on today, school of course and continue extending my lesson plans. I'm very interested to see what next year will be like. It will be the first time I will teach the same subject for a second year. I wonder what it will feel like to actually have the basic outlines and lesson plans already done? :music:
My mom improved a little and is now out of intensive care :clap: I'm flying up Saturday to see her.
I'll tell you something I haven't told anyone. 'Cause I have to talk about this and don't want to start family trouble.
I moved in July. We were at my sister's house for a barbecue the weekend before we left. My BIL said to me "now that your mother is getting to the age where she really needs you, you're bailing on her." I was astoundingly hurt by that statement. Can't get it out of my head (particularly with what happened). And then after my mom got sick and I flew up to see her and my family, I went back to my sister's house for a family meeting. This was when we thought, based on what the doctor told us, my mom wasn't going to make it. As I was walking up the driveway my BIL said (with what I took to be a sarcastic tone and smile) "nice of you to come up". I tell you I almost lost my mind. I still can't get those comments out of my mind. I just keep hearing them. And I'm so angry at my BIL I don't think I ever want to see him again. And I'm going back this weekend and I'm very worried about how I am going to act when I do see him.
Life is never boring, is it... :rolleyes:

Be good all, I have to start getting ready for work.

Bob

jaytee
10-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Bob....... glad your mum's out of IC........ and that you felt able to 'get that off your chest' here........... welcome anytime......... just remember that when you see your BIL ;)

Henry.......... where are you when we need you.............???

Flattwo
10-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Good Morning

LOL...I say no more!

The meaning of "dont tattie your Bogle".....dont throw potatoes at your scarecrow, just my way of saying have a relaxing night!

Tattie does mean potato....and bogle means scarecrow, therefore a tattie bogle is a scarecrow in a potato field!

I'm of to the Burrell collection here in Glasgow, a magic place, full of fantastic Art from around the World

Later

Flattwo

jaytee
10-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Good Morning

LOL...I say no more!

The meaning of "dont tattie your Bogle".....dont throw potatoes at your scarecrow, just my way of saying have a relaxing night!

Tattie does mean potato....and bogle means scarecrow, therefore a tattie bogle is a scarecrow in a potato field!

I'm of to the Burrell collection here in Glasgow, a magic place, full of fantastic Art from around the World

Later

Flattwo

well........... who would have thunk it !!!!

have been reorganising my subscription folders............... as :( :D I have, of course, nothing better to do :eek:

Roun2it
10-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Bob, what a terrible guilt filled retort from your BIL, needs his light punching out!!! :wink2: (I'm not really advocating violence, but.........)

Henry, now I gotta work out why I had a potato and a scarecrow in bed with me!! :wink2:

And JT one hole filled and another one opened, what is a subscription folder, where is it and how do you organise it? :confused:

................back to hurl more masking at my painting, see you later, this is a boring way to paint. Hope it works.

Oh and Doug you can take the cloths peg off your nose now, I've had my shower!! :eek: :D

Sharon Douglas
10-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Arf te noon all,
Met up with a friend at school this morning, and she`s only just gone.
Now I have to find a picture for our challenge :rolleyes: we post at 7pm so I better get my butt in gear before then. :)
The good news is my painting is ready and waiting, I suppose I`d better photograph that too :eek: I almost forgot to do that part.

Now I`m wondering....what shall I choose :evil:

Seeya later,
I`m off to root through mountains of photos. Oh the possibilities :evil:

Little Old Lady
10-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Greetings :wave:
How anti-climatic! throwing potatoes at scare crows. I was thinking of something more colorful.
Bob I know how hurtful people can be. It is hard to ignore but do try! He is probably trying to stir up trouble. A good answer is "Sorry you see it that way!"
Painting at nursing home this morn and Art League newsletter this aft. Should be doing midden eliminating.
Where are Sylvia, char and Uschi this morning they usually beat me.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

andylavallee
10-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi all, sat here in my studio waiting for the rain to slow abit ,so I can leave!!.
I think I may have commited a bit of a boo boo this morning ,Wend left me with the instruction to strip the bed, and wash, As it was really sunny when she left I did the lot, including quilt and under blanket. As soon as the washing machine filled up the heavens opened.! it has been pouring eversince.
I have sheets pegged around the curtain poles the quilts over the shower screen, quilt cover over the chairs and heating full on !!!.

Uschi
10-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!! Going to be sunny and WARM again!!!!!

JoAnn - yes, you are right, I'm late. My friend Flo is taking acrylic painting lessons (second class yesterday) and she called a 7:00 a.m. to tell me all about it.
Also garbage morning and I forgot to do it last night, oh, I have such an exciting life LOL But where is Sylvia and Char?????
Spent yesterday afternoon stitching a canvas handbag for my DIL's birthday tomorow. She wanted a bag just like mine, so that's what she is getting. Also watched VP debate.
Going to my ex-austrian-neighbour for coffee this afternoon.

Doug - :evil: :D :D :D about going blind!!! re paintings of local sights, we too have a lady artist who concentrates on local sights of our city and neighbouring towns and has placed prints and cards in every store suitable to carry such things.

(((((Bob)))))- JoAnn said it best!!!

Kev - before I retired I worked as a conference coordinator and had to stay at vrious hotels while the conferences were happening and I ALWAYS brought my own pillow :D and coffee machine!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: seeing Otter pop in!!!!!!!!!!!

CRS - but sending good thoughts toward each one of you and the ones yet to come and :wave: greetings!
Uschi

Edit: Andy, take them to the laundromat dryer!!!

JudyL
10-06-2004, 08:59 AM
Oi! Bob if it was my BIL, I would stay somewhere else, and if sister asked why, I'd tell her, or at least your BIL didn't make you feel welcome. Or tell him "Mom too much for you?"
Andy, I'd get some chocolates if I were you. They say that dark chocolates are good for cholesterol, and other stuff!, unfortunately just a bit, not heaps. Sharon, maybe chocolate would help you sleep? I do wake up early but put on eye shades and go back to sleep.
Been to the market today, wind is amazing there! Heard that the Marigold will be shut till at least Christmas. They are rebuilding the kitchen. Work was to have started, but the Council, negleted to tell them that they found asbestos and it will need special work to remove it. Annoy cause the Council had that report since May, and sat on it!
So poor Jack is down to only Hannahs as places to eat. We did go to the Riverside today, good, nice people, but not quite the same. Maybe I can get him to go to the Indian place in town now!
Better go do sommat,
BBL
JudyL

jaytee
10-06-2004, 09:00 AM
I have sheets pegged around the curtain poles the quilts over the shower screen, quilt cover over the chairs and heating full on !!!.

quick.... take a pic for next challenge :D

JoAnn..... must try to rememeber this one :

A good answer is "Sorry you see it that way!"

kev . .......do you REALLY want to know? :D........

here goes......... you know you can 'Subscribe ' to any thread [or forum] and get emails ( instantly, daily or weekly) letting you know when a new post turns up......... well these can be saved in 'SUBSCRIPTION FOLDERS' which you can create and give different names............. a bit like you can sort your PMs and save them into different folders..................I decided it would be easier to do a clear out if I had several small folders instead of one HUMUNGOUS one ...... and only subscribed to things I really wanted to keep informed about instead of getting 4 emails for everything!!!

You can do all this and lots of other things by going to MY WC! and rummaging around in the left hand boxes :D

Sharon Douglas
10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
JT please don`t give him ideas, he doesn`t need encouragment.

Andy I can just picture up trying to reach the curtain poles :evil: to hang the quilts there. :wink2:
I bet your face was red then :D

I`m sure Wendy will appreciate that you tried, after she remembers that if you want a job doing proper, do it yourself.

Roun2it
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Andy----bin there done that, your a man after my own heart, Wendy won't ask again now :evil:

JT --errremh thanks, sounds thrilling.............I'd better go and watch my paint dry. :wave:

pampe
10-06-2004, 09:57 AM
Wednesday witicisms

Doug...there IS a market for GNP paintings on EBAY however....

Henry...when we drove through Glasgow, I saw a sign for PAINTINGS ON RAILINGS...is that where you used to set up?

Speaking of Museums....we did the National Gallery, the Tate and several galleries....Those TURNER's at the TATE are wonderful.

Golfing today (not many more chances)

Todays's trip high-lights:

Hadrians Wall (West)

Old York with York Minster in the distance

Wales country side

Eilean Donan castle, Scotland

Plockton, Scotland (highlands coast)

Have a great day

Sharon Douglas
10-06-2004, 10:10 AM
:evil: :evil: I`ve chosen next weeks challenge painting :evil: :evil:

I`ll teach that Andy not to mess with me :evil: :wink2:

I will say one thing though, I hope hes been practicing his trees :evil:

droll13
10-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Just popping in & out quickly. TMTRT, so apologies to those I don't mention.

Pam - I'm really enjoying your photos - keep 'em coming. I've tried painting Eilean Donan castle, but it didn't turn out good. Must give it another go.

Bob - insensitive & rude BIL seems to be in dire need of a personality transplant. Ignore him, or tell him where to go.

Have a good day everyone.

Christie
10-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Morning All!

Andy, your laundry problems are a Murphy's law sort of thing!:D The same thing happened to me last time I washed our comforters... Normally they hang over our deck rails to dry, but last time I washed ours, it poured rain after I had hung them out there! Sigh.:D

I have enjoyed the new words that are being bandied about today.

Bob, don't forget that your BIL is also under stress because of your mother's illness. It will make him behave differently. That being said, his words were tactless and trouble causing. I would avoid him in all possible circumstances and be distant but polite when you have to. To respond to his ill mannered attacks would make a difficult situation even more uncomfortable than it already is.

I am going out for sushi today and then the dogs are in for their annual checkup and shot festival. I am sure many cookies will be handed when we get home.... "He jabbed me with a needle, I need a cookie, now another, now another, now another....":D

Take care.

Clara McArthur
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Good Morning,

Just a quick hello. I enjoy reading this thread when I get the chance. It's so friendly, and you all have such a rapport with one another!

I love the pictures, Pampe, reminds me of our trips to Uk and Scotland some years ago.

And I had no idea what tattie your boogle meant. Potatoes and scarecrows...well it is the season.

Have a good day everyone!

jaytee
10-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Clara..........good to see you pop in. ......you must do so more often.........

I agree with you about Pamps photos............. if I didnt know she was such a d*mn good photographer I'd suspect her of cheating and loading her luggage with picture postcards.:evil: :wink2: :D This last group are to DIE for Pam (need tongue hanging out Icon)

ktrayn78
10-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Morning everyone! I got my shooting star slippers, comfy jeans and a red t-shirt on, it's great not having a job! Haven't done any paintings for eBay in a while because I've been so preoccupied with this greeting card project. Yesterday I fiddled around with a town square painting (lots of yellow :) )and that was a lot of fun, maybe I'll do more of the same today. I'll just let the brain stew a bit on that greeting card business.

Andy, your home is going to feel like a tropical rain forrest! Maybe you can put on some exotic music and light some incense and tell your wife you wanted to create a little island get-away for her in her own living room.

Bob, what an annoying guy! In-laws are already walking a fine line and then for him to pull that crap! If I were you I'd talk to my sister and say, 'hey, are you putting him up to this? Is there something that you would like to talk about? Because, frankly, it's none of his business and if he doesn't learn to back off he might end up with a kick in the shin!" It seems to me a lot of times that when the husband is being a jerk about something that is none of his business it is because his wife is complaining to him about it.

Ahhhh, I think I've dispensed enough marital/familial advise today. You're all welcome. Glad to put my great storehouse of experience to good use. ;)

And to all those for whom I had no nuggets of wisdom to impart today, just wait...one day you may be so lucky :evil:

mr sandbanx
10-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Great photos Pam, thanks for sharing. There were lots out on the golf courses yesterday, beautiful day. I usually lose a lot of golf balls in the fall, ithe fairways are buried in leaves. But its a great time to play. Will have to get a leaf blower for Malty.

I am at work and have not had time to read the entire drookit so will look later, meanwhile the PAINTING 'N POETRY PTHURSDAY CHALLENGE looms like a caddies rather odd shaped shadow over the green on a fall afternoon!! So far have decimated a few acres of rainforest and this is week ONE!!!! sounds like Kevin will be stoned from sniffing masking fluid fumes if he's not careful. Should be a good poem I guess!!! Last kick at it tonight, poem being edited by team of elves, massuese stopped by for a while last night, then meetings with managers and agents. I expect great things from our cheerleading squad in particular.

Speaking of kicks, hope Lyn gets that foot rehabbed fast enough to kick a few field goals on Saturday and put our Vol's back in the winning column!

Hope everyone is having a day half as good as me.

Seeya all...

Chris

ScarletLake
10-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone

Had my job interview at the Air Force Base this morning. I'm really interested in the position. It would be a blend of nursing knowledge and my business world knowledge. I thought the interview went OK. You just never know.

Bob - I understand perfectly about timing & needing a change. I think that is what I'm going through now too. I sort of have something like that here with my parents. There are 2 of us girls who live 10 minutes from parents house. It's nice but also my sister & her husband travel alot with their jobs. While we don't travel at all d/t kids, school, jobs. But they are the first ones to have a say if we come up & have a chance to get away even for a weekend. I agree with someone else - I think saying back I'm sorry you feel that way would be a good response. It could be that they are envious of you getting to make a change in job/locations. You just never know. Sure hope your mom is doing well.

Hey - Guess what - I GOT THE JOB!!!! They just called & said they wanted to make me an offer. I'm so excited. I have to do a packet of info for my security clearance and am planning on starting Oct. 25th. :cat: :cat:

Got to go call my husband.

Anita

mr sandbanx
10-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Kim perhaps you need to start an advice thread, we can come to you with all our woes and you can solve them on the spot. Ktrayns Komplete Kompendium of Knowledge. I remember when I was 20 and I knew everything, I envy you that and we are all counting ourselve lucky.

(But a kick in the shin seems pretty harsh dontcha think?)

"The meaning of "dont tattie your Bogle".....dont throw potatoes at your scarecrow, just my way of saying have a relaxing night!"

In Canada its "dont lawndart yer caddie...." But we do anyway, its fun!

Hope that Lia Chan did not follow advice in last nights thread. I lost about 20 seconds sleep over that one. Good thing I blamed Malty.

seeya again,

Chris

Flattwo
10-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Hello All

Just back from the museum..fantastic, they have a special exhibit on at the moment "One Million Days in China" interesting

Here is one of the exhibits...this guy is over 4 hundred years old

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/3457-Bhuda.jpg

And these are even older!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/3457-DCP_6031.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/3457-DCP_6032.jpg

Pam....yes I hang my paintings there now and then, when the mood takes me :) thats at the Botanic Gardens on Great Western Road, had some great days out there :)

Great pic of Plocton...mind if I snag it to paint? Eilean Donan looking good there ;)

Flattwo

CharM
10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Good Wednesday afternoon Washonians!!! I've had a busy morning and couldn't get here till now...

But, I must tell you that our sunrise this morning was spectacular... A giant flaming napthol red ball was emerging in the east, highlighted by golden jet streams that radiated out from it as if they were spokes in a wheel, set against the most intense cerulean blue sky... Even my boys stopped for a moment to watch... It was absolutely breathtaking...

*Red sun in morning, Sailors take warning*

Lots of laughter going on in the Drookit today! Throwing potatoes at my scarecrow does elicit a chuckle... :D :D :D

Andy, the weather just isn't your fault... but, with all that wet bedding and the heat turned up, your complexion must be improving by the minute! :D

Bob... What a terrible guilt trip... Please try to remember that it takes two tango... please don't allow yourself to get caught up in your BIL's thoughtless remarks... it can only add more strain... And JoAnn said it best... By acknowledging his comment without confrontation, it allows both of you to walk away... There's more here than meets the eye... ((()))

I love all the photos today!!!

I hate fat pillows... always bring my own... and a coffee maker, too! LOL... Uschi, we think too much the same!

My best friend and cousin stopped by for lunch today... The boys have been eating me out of house and home, so I didn't have much on hand to feed her... but I did make us a steak salad using a small piece of leftover meat from last night's dinner... This is significant... because... I haven't had one bite of red meat in over 5 years!!! Char the Vegan ate steak today! We'll just see how well it sits... :(

CONGRATULATIONS ANITA!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

:wave: to everyone!!! I've read everything, I just can't respond individually today... 'nother meeting in a few minutes... White light beaming to all who are hurting and higgs and jingles to everyone...

ktrayn78
10-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah Bob, on reflection, forget my advice and listen to the peacemakers. I mean, you are stuck with this guy, and he might resent the shin thing.

Chris, for your information, there were a few months back in 1999 when I doubted if I actually knew everything, but it wasn't my fault, it was this trippy philosophy teacher I had. Brainwashed me with Soren Kierkegaard and Karl Marx. Even got me to convert to a Philosophy Major for all of two weeks. I was miserable. I'll take Pride & Prejudice over Fear & Loathing any day!

okay, now I really am going to paint, see y'all later!

Sharon Douglas
10-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Well Andy and myself have gone and done it.............Year of paintings challenge, week 1 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221037)

If you pop over for a look you`ll also see next weeks cahllenge photo too.

Europa
10-06-2004, 04:30 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to everyone first as I cant remember who exactly said what.

Right - I have decided that after today I am going to go back to my getting up around 11am routine - have had a HORRENDOUS day for some of it anyway.

New car was delivered - - Rover 75 - brand new (that was good) - Estate car (that was bad - I hate Estate cars) - drives beautifully - Jamie had a go at driving it - even went on the motorway - he is still having problems with manipulating his arm though when it comes to turning - has to do the push the wheel through the hands routine as opposed to put the little finger on the wheel and let the power steering do it.....lol.

We went to the Carphone Warehouse to see about replacing his phone as the screen got broken in the crash - guy there said it wasnt insured - I said errrr yes it is - he then said the other two phones we have arent insured - I said errrrrrr yes they are.

Seems that when I gave my details they copied the bank account number down incorrectly for the direct debit so when they went to take the insurance payment out the bank rejected it. Now I got a letter off them telling me this and rang them - (I have the letter and the date I rang them and the name of the person who I spoke to) - told them I didnt want to pay the actual phone bill by DD but gave them the correct bank details AGAIN for the insurance - evidently the stupid woman at the other end did nothing about it.

As for Jamie's phone - seems that the insurance was never taken out in the beginning - I was under the impression that he had done that for us seeing as the other two had insurance and i asked for the insurance and he shoved a load of papers at me to sign at the time so I presumed that the insurance one was one of them

All is not lost yet methinks - I get on well with the Manager there so am going down tomorrow to try and sort it all out - am sure he will be sympathetic (specially as he was the one who dealt with us when we upgraded Jamies phone) - so fingers crossed.

Went visiting this afternoon - sat there enjoying some cider cake (memories of Kington...lol) and a cup of tea when i got a phone call from a Lybian guy demanding to know where the minibus was to take his children to school - told him to ring our John as he was the one dealing with it - he then got a bit stroppy with me with very limited English - then put the phone down on me.....grrrrrrrrrrr - for the sake of political correctness I wont say what I said after that.

Bob - I know exactly what you are going through - I have the same problem with my eldest brother and his family - (dont get me started on them!!) - suffice to say at least I can sleep at night knowing that I have done my best for my Mum (despite all the moaning I do about her on here but you all know i love her really....lol)

To finish off - Jamie came up with a great idea for me when I am older - he wants me to become a NUN - says it will save on the nursing home fees as the nuns look after their own!!!! :( Would anyone like to adopt a 27 yrs old 6' 1 house trained male human - going free!!!)

Ok am off me soap box - off to check the gallery - not checked it for a few days ......soooooooooooooo love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!!

Pat xxx

Christie
10-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Pat, my mind is still trying to get around you being a nun! :evil: :D Don't get me wrong, I am sure that you can do anything you put your mind to, but somehow, you don't seem temperamentally suited to a religious vocation.:D :evil:

jaytee
10-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Would anyone like to adopt a 27 yrs old 6' 1 house trained male human - going free!!!)

YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita............ congratulations......... thats fantastic newssounds like you and the new job are made for each other.......... when can you start ?

Char..............you wax more lyrical by the post............but WHERE WAS YOUR CAMERA :evil: :evil:

CRS time again.........

:wave: :wave:

Lia-Chan
10-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Hope that Lia Chan did not follow advice in last nights thread. I lost about 20 seconds sleep over that one. Good thing I blamed Malty.

Don't worry , i'm not that crazy . I think that i'll make jokes about her project :P She doesn't like our project teacher , but i like him and think that he is correct when he criticizes our work. I hate people that can't take a constructive critique. When he says that the work is a crap , he will explain why and teach how to make it correct. Sometimes people think about a project like it's their little babies , but they're not, they're your work and you have to make them look better as possible , because if not you won't get any money.

Europa
10-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Pat, my mind is still trying to get around you being a nun! :evil: :D Don't get me wrong, I am sure that you can do anything you put your mind to, but somehow, you don't seem temperamentally suited to a religious vocation.:D :evil:

Ooooooh I don't know how you can say that!! :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/29499-sistereuropa.gif

pampe
10-06-2004, 07:21 PM
think CharSis and I had the same sunrise today:

CharM
10-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Dinner cooked, consumed and cleared away... I barbequed some pork tenderloin, fried some potatoes country-style, steamed some young peas and corn that I'd put up earlier this summer... Of course, I could not face the meat... having steak on my salad at lunch was a stupid, stupid, stupid idea... My dinner was cream of wheat... :( Which will probably also be my breakfast and lunch tomorrow... duh...

JT... I was driving the boys to the Conservation area this morning to go canoeing before school started... Thats why we were all able to see the sunrise... My trusty camera was home, safe and sound in its docker... I always intend to take it with me, but CRS sets in pretty quickly...

Pamps... yup...

Pat... hmmm... a nun you say... I will definitely have to think on that one... :angel:

If anyone wants to adopt boys, I have lots of them... :D

Christie... how are you feeling today??? Resting??? *I doubt it*

Sharon and Andy... going to have a boo in the Gallery!

Lia... good girl!

After work, I went to the grocery store to start stocking up for our Thanksgiving dinner... You know it's fall when the pumpkins are on sale...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/20514-Pumpkins1a.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/20514-Pumpkins2a.jpg

Have a great evening everyone!!!

maltman
10-06-2004, 10:11 PM
After work, I went to the grocery store to start stocking up for our Thanksgiving dinner... You know it's fall when the pumpkins are on sale...

I would have thought that maybe one would have been enough...but whatever....

Christie
10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Christie... how are you feeling today??? Resting??? *I doubt it*

Well, I had a nice walk today and otherwise kind of took it easy. Really, I swear....:D

As for the pumpkins, I am thinking that if you are going to carve all those, we'll need a new sub-forum. :evil: :wink2:

CharM
10-06-2004, 11:10 PM
...pumpkin pie... pumpkin tarts... pumpkin loaf... pumpkin cookies... pumpkin casserole... did I mention pie?... :D :D :D

maltman
10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
...pumpkin pie... pumpkin tarts... pumpkin loaf... pumpkin cookies... pumpkin casserole... did I mention pie?... :D :D :D

My kids are away this year, so I'll be on my own for Thanksgiving,(...first time ever!)... and doubt whether I will cook the normal feast ,so if you have any spare "...pumpkin pie... pumpkin tarts... pumpkin loaf... pumpkin cookies... pumpkin casserole... ", just send it over and I'll pumpkin myself out!

CharM
10-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Malty... our door is ALWAYS open... there is ALWAYS another chair, plate and silver... Oshawa is only 3 hours away...

btw... we have family in Oshawa... that makes us practically neighbours!

maltman
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Malty... our door is ALWAYS open... there is ALWAYS another chair, plate and silver... Oshawa is only 3 hours away...

btw... we have family in Oshawa... that makes us practically neighbours!

Wow, you have silver!...I'm really tempted, but will decline your very kind offer.

Have a wonderfull Thanksgiving and don't eat too much pumpkin...the cure for pumpkinitus is not pleasant.

Flattwo
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Char

Now that Malty has graciously declined...can I come? I have never tasted pumpkin, I always believed it was a ritual head dress worn at Halloween :D

Henry

mr sandbanx
10-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Henry: what a sad, sad tale: No pumpkin....ever! You don't know what you are missing!!

Char. I will be there! Could you make it early so I an be home in time for another dinner! I love Thanksgiving!

Chris

CharM
10-07-2004, 09:07 PM
If any of you showed up on my doorstep tomorrow, I would feed you... You are welcome in my home...

Malty... yes, I have silver and china... I set them out for special occasions... your visit or Henry's or Banxy's would have been such an event...

Henry... pumpkin is rather like squash, only a little denser, finer grained and sweeter... It's delicious...

Thanksgiving Day Menu... Dinner served promptly at 6:00 p.m. (sorry...)

Roasted turkey with two different stuffings... a bread stuffing and a sausage stuffing.
A small blackforest ham stewed in sun dried cranberries
Gravy
New potatoes in their jackets, seared in garlic butter
Baked acorn squash
Corn
Cabbage Salad
Gelatin Salad (we call it the Green Jello and there would be mutiny if it wasn't on the table)
Pickled asparagus spears with fresh parmesan cheese
Cranberry Orange conserve

Homemade croissants and butter

Apple Wine

Coffee

Apple Pies
Pumpkin Pies

Tons of Whipping cream

There will be only 12 sitting to dinner this year...

I prepare a very similar dinner at Christmas, but generally seat 30-35 people... I usually add a couple more veggies and mash the potatoes...

It takes a 30 lb. bird to feed that many... and a 10 lb. ham... and 15 lbs. of potatoes... two heads of cabbage... you get the idea... :D :D :D

There is always enough food on my table to serve last minute friends...

Starsprite
10-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Wowser!!! Char....got room for a poor hungry young woman from Kansas? LOL :D