PDA

View Full Version : Wed. S & T 10/6/04

BurningScentsations
10-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Good Morning, All!

OK, OK, I know I'm jumping the gun a little, but I'm pooped and want to get to bed and if I wait until tomorrow morning, I'll forget or get caught up with work.

I'm still working on getting dots and millefiore beads to come out and both are getting better.

The first set is called Moroccan Treasure and is made Moretti Sage Green, Trans. Yellow and Light Ivory.

The second set uses pale blue as the base and encasing layer colors with various millefiore slices in the middle.

Both of these sets went up onto E-bay this evening and am hoping they sell. I'm experimenting more and more with sets of beads made up of multiple styles in the same colors rather than a large set of the same beads.

Let me know what you think!

Lloyd

travelin'gal
10-06-2004, 01:08 AM
HI Lloyd, I really like the second set. I think it is the colors. They just jump out at me.

Here are a few from me. The first is raku on uranium yellow. The second is tourquoise, purple, and yellow on coral. Have a great morning everyone.
Deanna

Briatha
10-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Lloyd marveolus sets! The blue is really eye catching!

Deanna stunning sets! The 2nd is so vibrant and alive!

More Lentils from me :wink2:
Lemon Elf Rocks, Pink Grape Garden, Pink Raku Cascade

FiredDesires
10-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Heading off to bed.....so thought I'd put these up before morning. Nice work, so far, everyone.

Lori Peterson
10-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Love those millefiore beads, Lloyd!

Hi Deanna! Hope I get to see you soon! I love the raku set. So rich!

Faith, your purple set is gorgeous! I love the little flowers.

Very nice work, Catharine, the purple is beautiful.

Here are mine for the evening...

Tauperrific (because I can't come up with a better name - please help me if you can).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/12192-tauperiffic.jpg

Flower Pots

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/12192-flowerpots.jpg

And last is ...
Pink Bouquet

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/12192-pinkbouquet.jpg

StefaniBeads
10-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Lloyd - Your progress amazes me, you definitely don't rank in newbie status any longer! Those are so beautifully made, and I wish I had your sense of design, I can't seem to make beads in a "color scheme" and stick to it. Well, I'll try! ;)

Deanna - They are all wonderful, but I especially loooove the raku with the opal yellow! :D

Faith - I adore all of your beads, and especially the Elf Rocks! I love how you have been making them in so many colors, my favorites were the ones you did that had orangy-red in them, like fire!

I've been busy again! These are some of what's going up on ebay tonight, after I finish another torching session. Getting ready to go out there now, in the wee hours!

Here's some frits: purple rose, raspberry opal, and red violet. Have a great day! :wave:

StefaniBeads
10-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Oops, didn't see you in there!

Catherine - wow, such beautiful hues! I LOVE those!

Lori - I want 'em all, waaah! The little pink rose set steals my heart! My DD and I are SO different, she doesn't like pink! I can't imagine not loving it! :D

Briatha
10-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

Catharine yummy opal yellow & purple!

Lori breathtaking sets! The Orient Express popped into my mind for the taupe one :D

Lisa scrumptious sets! The pink just calls my name!

Foofaraw
10-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Great work today everyone! Stefani, I love that purple set!!!

Here is mine for the day, ivory, lt brown and some iris gold. I love the Zoozii lovin' press!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/19877-Glittering-Sands.jpg

Katiefl
10-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Wow so many beautiful beads today.

Made another raku set. Having trouble photographing the raku though, the colors just dont show up as they are in the bead. Anyone else having the same trouble? I have tried them in different light and it just doesnt come through. Gonna try outside later this morning, see if that helps.

lvideki
10-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Wow fantastic beads everyone! I just love the Raku beads.... I am hoping to get my order of frit in soon. Though now I wish I would have ordered chunks so I can pull stringer eaiser. Oh well... I may have to order more when I get back from BeadFest!

Well... I think I am ready to go... I have to say that my years in glass has really progressed. Some of you who knew me when I started will remember that my focus was on dichroic glass.... now it is boro. I have just under 100 sets of 9 boro beads for BeadFest. Here is a picture of some of them!

Leslie

starlightdesigns
10-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Everyone's work is beautiful... but, boy, Lori, you blew me away this morning. All three of your sets are incredible!

Have a great day everyone!

JavaGirlBT
10-06-2004, 09:06 AM
I made some leaves the other day.

Flamekist
10-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Awesome work, everyone!

Here's some black and coral flowers and my very first raku bead.

-Carl

BeadBraker
10-06-2004, 09:20 AM
WOW! Fab S&T everyone.....

Leslie...I wanna take a bath in all those gorgeous boro beads.....something about them makes me want to grab handfuls and let them shift thru my fingers (happy sigh)

Here is my simple contribution...I am getting stuck on pillow beads. I made some for my watches, and now I am obsessed..and the simpler they are the happier I get. Weird, cuz I normally like a lot of detail.

Nancy B in IL I'M GOING TO A CORINA CLASS SUNDAY..neener neener neener

oops...forgot the TELL part...Moretti trans lavendar with gaffer frit in Violet

Amozoo
10-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I love working with gold, I love my new bead squeeze, and I love Raku, And I'm pretty pleased with what I pulled out of the kiln this morning.

Jennifer Geldard
10-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Good Morning!
Great work everyone.... Lori, I especcially love your taupe set!!!
I've got a bead squeeze coming and I can't wait to play!!!!

Here's another vase series pendant using the long gone moretti silver blue opaque... I love that color, and really wish I had more.. it looks like grey clay.
The vase also has black and peach enamel and opal yellow dots as well as a bit of silvered ivory.
I'm calling it "Potter's Whim"

Becky Mason
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
OK, This is unfair having to post right after Jen (amazing bead), but since I'm not posting my own work, I feel better.

I'm posting pictures of "bead cats" made by my 16 year-old niece, Lauren. Laruen sells these to raise money for her local "no-kill" animal shelter, where she is a volunteer. Imagine a 16 year old girl who would rather give her money to the animal shelter than buy clothes. Needless to say, I am very proud of her, not just for her generous nature, but for her talent and creativity.

The 6 cats pictured here were a custom order from a cat lover in England.

Becky Mason

jeffwelsh23462
10-06-2004, 10:41 AM
ok... lets see if i can get everyone....
LLOYD- love the moroccan set!
Deanna-turquise and purple set is so fantastic!
Faith-love the pink grape garden-WOW! :)
Catherine-love your set! :clap:
Lori- Tauperrific-ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! :wink2:
Lisa-love the purple rose bead!
Jenn-SIMPLY ELEGANT! :clap: :clap:
Katie- LOVE THE RAKU SET! :)
Leslie- WOW!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ellen- fall's here.. the leaves are TOO cute! :)
Carl- LOVE THE CORAL FLOWERS!
Beadbraker- LOVE THE LAVENDER- THAT'S MY WIFE'S FAVORITE COLOR! :clap: :)
Amoret- love the bright colors of your bead!
Jennifer- love the vase==amazing!
Becky-love the bead cats!
if someone squeezed in while i was writing, your pieces are beautiful! :) :)

okay mine for the day!!!sea dragon, 2 abstracts, and some more dichroic image pendants!

theonlyduda
10-06-2004, 10:45 AM
WOW!!!!!!! Everything is amazing today!! Here is my contribution. The flower is made of gaffer blue cane and raku frit with a few added swarovski crystals. It was made off mandrel...... I'm just in love with making and wearing pins these days. :)

JoyceMI
10-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Lots of great stuff today!

Just wanted to comment on a couple-

Jennifer- I love the vase it is so cute. It looks like actual pottery. Great job!

Becky- How awsome for your niece to do what she is doing for the shelter! Those cats are very cute and creative. They all are unique! I love how she used the fish beads for feet in the one and made it have like a little skirt. Too cute!

beadreamer
10-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Beautiful beads today!

All I have to share today is my halloween frog.

jeffwelsh23462
10-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Beautiful beads today!

All I have to share today is my halloween frog.

AWW.. He's sooo cute!

mtbarr
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Jennifer.. OMG Your vase is so beautiful! What artistic talents you have...and your imagination is astounding. Would you come out to Frantz Art Glass to teach a class? I am working on him about it.....
And Beadreamer..what an adorable, happy little frog!!
Nice work, everyone..
I enjoy this visual every day....

Elena
10-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Lovin' the copper green and ivory stringer today!
Always have fun!
Elena

koregon
10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Great beads you guys

Hey Jen ...that color?? when was it sold?? just wondering...must of been before my time as I never ran across that one...I do have some rods of silver grey...that were an odd lot, that isn't this thou right???

here is some raku powder with lacy black scrolling designs.
can't seem to put the raku away...but today I got my glassdaddy purple and other colors and a wonderful frit package form Kimberly and have some from Gigi and Elizabeth to try to...so I might just have a play day at the torch.

have a great day everyone and thank you so very much for all the beautiful eye candy

Tomsanctuary426
10-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Hello everyone~
I missed the morning show & tell, but I am catching up now. Everything is so beautiful. And beadreamer...what an adorable frog!!! Here are a few of our contributions today. Hope this message finds everyone well and hope the rest of your day is fantastic.
Tom & Karen :wink2:

GinaJ
10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Awesome S&T today!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lloyd, you're doing great work!

SPIglass
10-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Stunning work from everyone today! WOW! Jennifer, that new vase pendant is AMAZING!! Just knocked my socks off!!

Quickie post from me today. Aiden's napping and I'm hoping to get a few beads made before he wakes up. Wish me luck! LOL! Hopefully I didn't already post the bead below already. I can't remember...oh well.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Oct-2004/10616-fallingleaves1.jpg

Amozoo
10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
I've got one more to share today. I made this fish christmas ornament for a friend. What do you think? He's blown glass

Smidgen
10-06-2004, 06:05 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: wow standing ovation for everyone above!!! I am not sure I want to show my little clumsy beads but...gotta share too.

Gees I just loved everyone's work! Amazing stuff.

oops (edit) I guess there is a "tell" part to this too...well I used Uroboros of (wow, don't remember shades because they aren't tagged) and lots of raku frit...mixed in with more frit. You are looking at the "good" sides to those beads....hehe. Be kind in your thoughts...I still get to claim the tag, "new".

Smidgen
10-06-2004, 06:33 PM
OK, This is unfair having to post right after Jen (amazing bead), but since I'm not posting my own work, I feel better.

I'm posting pictures of "bead cats" made by my 16 year-old niece, Lauren. Laruen sells these to raise money for her local "no-kill" animal shelter, where she is a volunteer. Imagine a 16 year old girl who would rather give her money to the animal shelter than buy clothes. Needless to say, I am very proud of her, not just for her generous nature, but for her talent and creativity.

The 6 cats pictured here were a custom order from a cat lover in England.

Becky Mason

Lauren is quite a role model!!! Becky, must be very proud!!! Good going Lauren!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: We need LOTS of you in this world!

David E Ricketts
10-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Great beads you guys

Hey Jen ...that color?? when was it sold?? just wondering...must of been before my time as I never ran across that one...I do have some rods of silver grey...that were an odd lot, that isn't this thou right???

here is some raku powder with lacy black scrolling designs.
can't seem to put the raku away...but today I got my glassdaddy purple and other colors and a wonderful frit package form Kimberly and have some from Gigi and Elizabeth to try to...so I might just have a play day at the torch.

have a great day everyone and thank you so very much for all the beautiful eye candy

Kaye Great work....as usual..................... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lori Peterson
10-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Everyone's work is beautiful... but, boy, Lori, you blew me away this morning. All three of your sets are incredible!

Have a great day everyone!
Wow, Debby, that is such a nice thing to say! You made me all vechlempt. Thank you!

And thanks to everyone for being so nice and also for showing such great beads!

neckstop
10-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone
Great beads everyone. Here are my latest beads. Its halloween time at my house.Have a great night
Tara

Jennifer Geldard
10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Jennifer.. OMG Your vase is so beautiful! What artistic talents you have...and your imagination is astounding. Would you come out to Frantz Art Glass to teach a class? I am working on him about it.....

Thanks so much :) I'd come in a heartbeat... just need an invite!

Kaye... I'm not sure when Mike had the color...6 months ago maybe??
It came in about the same time as the first order of chardonay and amber rose.