PDA

View Full Version : What's my line?

quill
10-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I was asked this spring by our local municipal art gallery if I would do an exclusive line for their gift shop.

Well, it was very flattering but it took me a while to come up with something I thought I would like to do.
I finally decided on a series based on color - black, pink & white.

I am doing jewelry, candlesticks etc & trying to get it all together for the middle of October hahahahahahahah.....

Anyway I thought I would show some of the sets I have put together for bracelets to give you an idea of the colors & see if anyone had any ideas for a name. I have a few but am not sure yet.

nicker
10-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Girl I am forever in love with your work they are wonderful!

Emily NZ
10-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm............
Black, white and pink.............
Blushing zebras! :o
Hugs
Emily :wave:

Alan Cross
10-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Good luck they look great.
Alan :)

lunamoonshadow
10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
granite rosepetals

heart of stone

i want them all (ok, so that's not such a good name....maybe a not-subliminal hint :))
--Lyn

!Karen
10-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh wow, those are absolutely beautiful! Perfectly done!

You are so good a putting a color scheme together!

Classical Twist
Positively Retro

koregon
10-05-2004, 08:54 PM
gorgeous beads Linda
well black and white to me are basics...add pink...and they are "Feminine Basics" Or "Basic's Le Fem" or La Fem? now sure which is the way is

Daphne of Dilluvian
10-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Congratulations Linda,

I'm not sure of a name. Blush Stone? Anyway, they are very pretty.

Daphne

dogmaw
10-05-2004, 09:50 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was "Silver Stone" tho I don't know why. :confused:

Jo

Juls
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Hm.

After much consideration and many a deep thought, I believe that set should be called "Juli's". :D If I was at your show noone else would have the opportunity to SEE those beauties, let alone purchase them. GORGEOUS!!!!

how about "Romancing the Stone"?

hugs~
~Juls

MistyCherie
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
These colors make me think of the pink poodle skirts with the black poodle and the spirals on them. While I think "Pink Ladies" is probably overused, perhaps something similar? "Penguin Ladies"? "Blushing at the Gallery"? "Double Entendres"?

I also think the colors can be considered art deco. Especially the way the black and white beads look to me.

Maybe "News Ladies" (you know, that whole whats black and white and red/pink all over...

Hard to say.... perhaps if you listed your ideas... we could roll them around in our heads and spit out something (or let you know you found the perfect name...)

*squishies*

Gorgeous beads!

-M

*edited in*

"Summer Nights"
"Snap, Crackle, Pink!" (I'm thinking of bubblegum)

Firebugy
10-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Very nice, Quill, as are alll the beads you do. You live in such an interestering area to resource your names from. Since they are going into your local gallery gift shop, why not use something from the history of Kamloops (which you know means) "Meeting of The Waters" ( Thompson and Nicola Rivers) . You have an area where fossils are found, tales of the outlaw Billy Miner, Gold Rush history, and many neat areas. Sagebrush covered hills, railway history etc, a Steamship used to take tours up the river etc. Rodeos and too many more things to mention.
Some of the Native names are neat. And the sky is beautifull at early evening, with many colors.
People seem to be drawn to an object that has a Theme with a meaning they
relate to , and for gift giving to out of area friends and family.
Just my humble opinion.
Firebugy

GwensGems
10-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I'd call them Candy, because they are so sweet. :) They also look like candy, and good enough to eat. Your work is great.

Gwen

MegannsMom
10-06-2004, 12:49 AM
LoL, I'm still laughing over this....I called my DD in to get her opinion, (she is only 7 but is usually pretty good at this kind of thing; great sence of color) and know what she said? She looked for a minute and said, "that looks like cotton candy and the way your teeth will look if you eat too much of it." :eek: LOL! Out of the mouthes of babes.....

~Cindy

Trishki
10-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Italian Pink Marble came to my mind. There is a pink variety called Tavernelle.

Jennifer Geldard
10-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Hm.

how about "Romancing the Stone"?

hugs~
~Juls

I like that name :) Just perfect!

Becky Mason
10-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I vote for Romancing the Stone. It is a name that just about everyone will find familiarity with, so that alone will generate interest.

Becky

wildwire
10-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi! Good for you....

I really like Blushing zebras!

Shauna

quill
10-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone. Great suggestions!

I paticularly liked Romancing the stone & the pink marble/Tavernelle one.

I hope no one minds if I use some of these ideas for future sets?

I decided on 'Angelina's Pink' after my new grandaughter. The idea came to me this morning. I thought it was fun & sweet so there you go!