PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishin'

TedDawson
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
New illo from this weekend. This is the style that I'd most like to develop; taking an image from my head, telling a little story, creating a sense of realism but not photo-realism.

Comments and critiques welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2004/36907-TedDawson_boot.jpg

billiam
10-05-2004, 05:06 PM
fantastic artwork and comp. i'll be watching for more. bill

TedDawson
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Bill, I appreciate it. And say, I figured out a way to improve it... looks much better this way:

AFM159
10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Very nice, very nice. Classic style, I think it has a lot of warmth. You should be able to sell that no prob.

designbyjen
10-06-2004, 09:43 AM
shweet...the water is neato. need to get you out to a body of water for some plein airs...if your doing this good all locked up...whoo hoo, turn 'im loose!
shadow around boy & reflective color to bounce off the bucket could add a bit more depth...but only if you want that in your style. that is an important point you need to set for yourself...a kind of style checksheet. mind you, we've only got one illo. before us so no comparison available. as long as your consistant in a body of work, it will shine every time :wink2:
~~~jen

coolray
10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Now Ted, that illo was just great all in itself. But when you put it on the cover of the Post, I just fell in love with it all over again. I would love to do a piece that could look that good on the cover of the Post. You would have made Norman R proud. It's nice. That was a very good added touch.

Terry