PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

tomokato
10-29-2001, 12:40 PM
I have recently discovered this site and thought I would start hanging out here. Wanted to post one of my pieces as an introduction.

T.O.M.

www.atomicart.com

digistyle
10-29-2001, 05:35 PM
Welcome to WC! Nice pic to choose for an introduction. It has a great D&D feel to it.

digistyle

tomokato
10-29-2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Good thing it exudes D&D. It was a cover for "Further Adventures in the Northern Wilderness" by Palladium Books out of Detroit. A was a manual for roleplaying games.
I am from Columbus (just down the pike from you) originally and hope to return soon. Tired of endless blue days here.

T.O.M.

sherville
10-29-2001, 11:26 PM
Welcome Tomokato!
This is one of those pictures I stare at endlessly on the covers of books and wish I could meet the people who drew it... :D
Yes, a fantastic picture for an introduction! I am really into this sort of subject for a painting.
Glad to have you among us :)

baquitania
10-31-2001, 01:00 PM
Amazing Work Tom... Welcome to WC, hope to reach your level someday... enjoyed your site immensely... it pains me to have to destroy you now Mr. Bond! Muhahahahaha...

Bobby

animal
11-01-2001, 09:21 AM
Welcome to WetCanvas Tomokato and The Illustration Forum.:D :angel:

pixieled
11-07-2001, 09:13 AM
It was the beautiful art on D&D covers, and the like, that caught my interest into collecting things of fantasy, and eventually to write, and create my own artworks.

Welcome to WC. You have wonderful skills. What was this done with?

tomokato
11-07-2001, 10:32 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome! The piece is about 2.5 x 2 feet and was done in Liquitex acrylics using gold sable brushes on Crescent cold press illustration board. The acrylics seems to eat up the sable brushes but I love painting with them rather than the synthetics.

T.O.M. :)