PDA

View Full Version : still life - apples

francmidi
10-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi everybody,

this is my first post in the acrylic-forum. This weekend I had to paint a birthday present and first I wanted to paint it with watercolors. But then I changed my mind and painted it in acrylics. Only for a color sketch (SKETCH) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220753) I used watercolors. It was execute it on one evening - size approx. 8 x 8 in. - and I'm really happy that I finished it without ending in a disaster ;) . Hope you like it too. C&C welcome.

frank :)

jbitzel
10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
I really like the loose style of this, very good. :clap:

Mybubblewall
10-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Yes! I really like how bold and vibrant this is. The layout of the apples works well for me and the plaid keeps your eyes exploring. Whomever gets this in the end is sure to be pleased!

Phranque
10-05-2004, 12:27 PM
What a cheerful, unpretentious little painting. I like it very much.

francmidi
10-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Thank you for looking and for your kind comments. You are making my day. If my friends reaction is similar my smile will span from one ear to the other :D

frank

Charlie's Mum
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Lovely skin texture and such strong highlights - good work! :)

Lady Carol
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Terrific colours. You are certainly not afraid of them. Very nice.

rickymanchester
10-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Hallo Frank,

I like your Apples painting... Would be great to have such a loose and vibrant style. I always end up trying to paint every last detail and get every color just so... and failing! :)

Wo in Deutschland wohnen sie? Ich wohne seit Juni in Nürnberg, und ich liebe es hier. :wave:

Tschüß

Lulu
10-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh I love this! wonderful style! :clap:

mrs willow
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
What a joyous painting! Lovely and loose, clean bright color... a lovely feel about it and it looks like you had a great time painting it too! Congratulations!
Sandy

damar
10-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Fresh, crisp, shiney-delightful!

Marty C
10-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi Frank,
Welcome to the Acrylics Forum :wave:
What a joyful, colourful piece. Good composition with well done complements and variation in line and form. Loose, effective brushwork, all makes for a very good work. Well done!

Einion
10-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Hallo Frank, welcome to Acrylics. There is a lot of energy and confidence in this little painting, I think the colour in the shadows needs a little work but other than that it's very nice and I'm sure the gift will be appreciated.

Einion

francmidi
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Thank you all for the looking and giving your comments.
Never thought of getting so much positive response.
But it corresponds well with the reaction of my friend after unwrapping her present,
so now I can be almost sure, that it will not end thrown out ;) .
It seems that I will get a lot birthday invitaitions in the future :D .

@Richard: Detailing is my problem too - if I had more time I would have painted it to death ;) .
Willkommen in Deutschland. Nürnberg ist wirklich sehr schön - eine gute Wahl.
Ich wohne bei Freiburg im Breisgau.

_)__}_}
oo
@ Visit the black forest!

Thanks for the warm welcome.
frank :wave:

tbezesky
10-06-2004, 01:11 PM
This is great! I love the feeling of the light and the pencil lines.
Did you use cerulean blue or cobalt?

rickymanchester
10-06-2004, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=francmidi]Willkommen in Deutschland. Nürnberg ist wirklich sehr schön - eine gute Wahl.
Ich wohne bei Freiburg im Breisgau.
QUOTE]

Ah, du bist in der nahe von Frankreich. Lachste wochenende bin ich in eine Dorf bei Karlsruhe gewesen und ich habe auf fahrrad nach Frankreich gefahrt. Es war sehr schöne weil das Wetter war wirklich heiß.

Ich hoffe mein Deutsch ist nicht zu schleckt, and das wir konnen mehr sprechen.

Bis später

francmidi
10-07-2004, 07:08 AM
@tracy: Thank you very much. I used the Daler-Rowney "System 3" process Colors. So the blue should be a mixture of "Process Cyan" and a little "Process Magenta".

@rickymanchester: Wenn mein Englisch so gut zu verstehen ist wie Dein Deutsch, dann bin ich zufrieden :) . Frankreich ist 30 km entfernt von hier. Das schöne Wetter ist aber leider vorbei. Studierst Du hier?

frank

rickymanchester
10-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Frank: Ich bin ein Student aber es ist mit einem Englisch Fernuniversitat... es ist heißt "Open University".

Ich arbeite noch nicht, aber hoffentlich bald. Zu viel frei zeit kann ein bischen langweilig sein, und mein Deutsch screiben ist besser dann mein sprechen (velleicht).

Wenn du hast MSN Messenger mein email address ist [email protected]

Tschüß

ExpressiveAngie
10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Lovely vibrant painting... what are ya working on know, I would love to see it too! :wave:

francmidi
10-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Angie, thank you. I have nothing in progress at the moment. It lacks me a little of time; a lot of work to do at the office and at home the family waiting ;) . So I have to seize the opportunity when it shows. But if I paint something that I can present without blushing I will show it here (or in the watercolor-gallery).

@Richard: I don't use MSN - Paranoia ;) . Du hast wohl noch keine Kinder - nutze die Zeit und male :) .

I wish you all a nice weekend. :clap:

Frank