PDA

View Full Version : Underwater scene...

Mike Finn
10-05-2004, 07:26 AM
....I gave up on this one. I photographed it to put on the computer and play around with other components etc.... Thought I'd add some vague distsant wreck in the background and stuffed it up completely :( I should have left well alone.... a lesson there :)

Mike Finn

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2004/41667-underwater.jpg

Lady Carol
10-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey, this is pretty cool. What an unusual subject to paint, particularly that the guy appears to appreciate the view :o It does look as though they are underwater. :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
10-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi Mike - I think you're right to leave it to the swimmers and the water - they certainly look like swimmers underwater.
Would the shadows be softer tho?
And I think it would help with the foreshortening of his leg if the flipper 'thingy' was much bigger - it is a lot nearer the viewer than the rest of him!!!!!! Just MHO, of course - feel free to disregard!!!!!!! :D

Marty C
10-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Mike,
This is very cool, nice job on portraying underwater swimmers. It would improve having lighter values at the top and darker values mid area but still a good piece regardless.

Mike Finn
10-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Carol, Maureen and Marty. Yes it was looking good for there a while :) I note all your comments and agree, but I dunno about you, but once I stuff something up and don't know how to fix it then I lose all motivation on the piece. I am discovering that a lot :) Part of the process I guess..... on to the next one.

Mike Finn

ExpressiveAngie
10-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks Carol, Maureen and Marty. Yes it was looking good for there a while :) I note all your comments and agree, but I dunno about you, but once I stuff something up and don't know how to fix it then I lose all motivation on the piece. I am discovering that a lot :) Part of the process I guess..... on to the next one.

Mike Finn
dont put it to far away. I love the whole concept and I am betting you will want to finish it one day soon. :wave: