PDA

View Full Version : A Special Invitation from your Oil Pastel Society!

Dyin
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Oct-2004/19147-opsgraphic4_OPS.jpg
The Oil Pastel Society was formed on September 1, 2004, as a non-profit
organization to promote the knowledge and understanding of oil pastel as a
fine art medium, and to expand the awareness of oil pastel to other artists,
galleries, the media, and the general public.

We hope that you will visit our site and see all the exciting information we have on membership benefits, including:

-newsletter, featuring news about member artists, tips and techniques
-upcoming competitions
-oil pastel workshops
-featured Artist of the Month

Your membership will be free until January 2005, and we are confident that you will want to join us in the active promotion of oil pastel as a fine art medium and receive these OPS member benefits:

-gallery space on the OPS site with a brief bio and 5 images of your work
-links to your website
-the opportunity to achieve Signature membership

We are working in conjunction with major oil pastel manufacturers towards a goal of sponsoring future competitions, and will be using an aggressive marketing strategy to promote oil pastel features in major art publications.

The Oil Pastel Society was formed to represent you, the artist, as an oil pastelist and will welcome all input from our members to make this a viable tool for your success! The website for the Oil Pastel Society is:

Oil Pastel Society (http://www.oilpastelsociety.com)

Please bookmark for future reference.

'Friends of OPS' are welcome to join also, we welcome your support in our efforts.

All the information for "how to join" can be found on our Membership Page. We hope to hear from you soon!

CarlyHardy
10-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Sue,
the invitation looks beautiful!! I don't see how anyone can say no!! Thanks for posting this and getting the ball rolling for all the folks in the WC OP Studio!!

carly

K Taylor-Green
10-04-2004, 09:30 PM
How great for the Oily people!! Is this the first society just for OP painters? If so, it is long over due. If not, I'm sure it will be the best one!!

Deborah Secor
10-05-2004, 12:20 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
The web site looks great. I will pass the word. (I'm sending a link to my editors at F&W right now!) My very best to all of you !!

Deborah

Dyin
10-05-2004, 11:18 PM
The OPS and all the oilies thank you for your support!
Kate, this isn't the first Oil Pastel group, one went defunct and another is pretty inactive and the OP members let it be known that they wanted an active group to promote oil pastels as a fine art medium. We've also had a good response so far from oil pastelists that haven't been to WC but had sites on the web, so we're hoping to see some new WC members too :) And yep, these oilies will keep the OPS on it's toes...it will definately be the best one!
Thank you so much for spreading the word and your best wishes, Deborah! I'll have to tell everyone about the wonderful support we're getting from our softy friends :clap: :)
And Carly...we highly value all you've done for OPS, the OP forum and WC :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
10-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Looking good!!!

I joined up.

:wave:

Mikki Petersen
10-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Now this is exciting and impressive. The invitation is beautifully done and I'm sure that this Oil Pastel Society will be very successful. Look who's driving it!

HelgaP
10-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Thanks for supporting us guys, it means alot to us OP artist that you take an active interest in our endeavours.

Here's to the imminent success of the Oil Pastel Society! Hooray! :clap:

Helga

Pat Isaac
10-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all your support. We are so excited about this and look forward to an increasenly active society. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat

Dyin
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey June...thanks for joining!
Hi Mikki...actually I'm just one of several who put this together, and only a backseat driver!
We really appreciate all your support!

E-J
10-06-2004, 09:56 AM
This seems like a very necessary and welcome development, at a time when more and more artists are creating fine art in this medium and yet a respected magazine like The Pastel Journal can simply cease their coverage of OPs ...

:clap: I'd like to wish the Oil Pastel Society every success!! :clap:

Dark_Shades
10-06-2004, 12:27 PM
What a beautiful Invitation Sue...... its gorgeous...... and I went and looked at the work....... outstanding :clap:

..... well done to all, and congratulations

Dyin
10-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks from all of us, E-J and Dawn! It's so great to see the fruits of our labor come to life and we're getting awesome response too!

hamsterdance
10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
yet a respected magazine like The Pastel Journal can simply cease their coverage of OPs

I didn't even realize they ever covered OPs. When was this? I thought it was devoted strictly to the dusties. I like soft pastel - I just found even small amounts of dust could set off asthma problems so I switched to OPs. Course now I appreciate OPs for themselves and not as a poor dusty pastel substitute. Not sure I'd switch back to the dusties now even if I didn't have asthma concerns.

And thanks to everyone supporting us OPers. :)

Dyin
10-06-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure exactly when it stopped...after the new owners took over. They used to have an article each month featuring an oil pastel artist. But Deborah has been trying to help us get them to reconsider.

Pat Isaac
10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Are there any more oilies lurking here. Check out our new society and join. Look at all the members galleries. Wonderful work...

Pat

Kathryn Wilson
10-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure exactly when it stopped...after the new owners took over. They used to have an article each month featuring an oil pastel artist. But Deborah has been trying to help us get them to reconsider.

Even in the earlier issues, they had John Elliott doing articles on oil pastels.

Pat Isaac
10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
You are right Kat. It stopped when Maggie Price left.
Pat

BeckyMc
10-08-2004, 10:54 PM
bump