PDA

View Full Version : Novice in need of help

Frank Colley
10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi all, I am very new to all this and would like to know if I can use this forum to post works in progres so as to obtain help and advise. I have been in the chat room and have met some realy nice people. All have been very helpful to a novice like me, I must admit that I know very little about the subject. Also to gain advise on where to start a perticular project ect.

Thanks Frank Colley Uk

jaytee
10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi Frank.............. WELCOME !!! glad you found us !!!

Yes, its never too early to start posting works in the Watercolour Gallery of this forum................. you'll find plenty of help and encouragment , but be warned, it moves ever so fast............ so dont be disapointed if it seems to disappear off the first page rather quickly !! Simply 'bump' it up if you need to.

If you post it as a WIP ( work in progress)....... and keep adding to the thread . with luck youll soon have us on the edge of our seats :D

Questions about watercolour projects are probably best in this general forum...........

looking forward to your first post..........its always the hardest :D

nailbender
10-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Frank, welcome to Wet Canvas, I think you will find the people both helpful and interesting lol.
If you are referring to watercolors this is the place. WIP's are posted in Watercolor Gallery.

pampe
10-04-2004, 08:56 PM
WELCOME!

That's EXACTLY what we like to do, help, give useful information and support each other in painting.

Look forward to seeing your work

vasilkadifeli
10-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi Frank and welcome to the watercolor forum...
it's a wonderful place and you will certainly be addicted...

Yorky
10-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Hi Frank, welcome to the watercolour forum!

Nice to see another Yorky here - I was born in Stairfoot, Barnsley, raised in Wombwell, and married a girl from Jump near Hoyland. That'll get them thinking ;)

Of course, we'll be pleased to see your paintings in the Gallery - we love to help newbies, and have had some dramatic successes recently as you have seen how many including Europa and Dominic have progressed in a short time.

Doug

FriendCarol
10-05-2004, 09:57 AM
If you'll login with javascript turned on (in your browser), you can also pull up very large images from the WC Reference Library. In case you're not doing plein air (unlikely in your locale at this time of the year!) and don't have lots of reference material on hand -- it really helps to be looking at something while painting. :D

People have asked for help at all stages of paintings, from showing us the ref. photo and asking for composition help (or how to paint some part of it), to choosing a palette, to fixing something they don't like, to adding a background! What sort of genre do you think you'll play in first? Typical watercolor genres include floral (that's where most background questions come in!), landscape (how-to questions on skies, water, reflections, you name it!), still life, portraits, etc.

Welcome, btw. :)

Rod
10-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Welcome Frank,
Look forward to your posts,

Rod.

Yale N.
10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Welcome, Frank! I just joined less than a week ago, and the people here have been amazing!! Just ask, and you will get more help and support than you can imagine!!
Yale