PDA

View Full Version : Mother and Son

Abu Haidar
10-29-2001, 02:28 AM
Hi All,

The model was taken from an image in The Animal Kingdom book. I did it on ligth blue W&N's paper with Derwent pencil pastel. The sky color was done with Sakura pastel, but it wasn't satisfy me.

Abu Haidar

glowbug
11-11-2001, 02:52 AM
How about this color for the sky?

digistyle
11-11-2001, 12:04 PM
I agree with you that the sky could use a little lightening, but all of the other elements are top notch!

digistyle

mclaughlin
11-11-2001, 01:17 PM
Hi Abu,

I like the feeling and the excellent work of your picture. Colors and Craftmanship go hand in hand here. Majestic sight.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Abu Haidar
11-12-2001, 04:28 AM
Hi Glowbug and Digistyle..

The sky is so blue. Just imagine an African summer's sky. Clear white.. Unfortunately I couldn't catch it. The paper's colour is light grey and I covered it with Ultra Marine Derwent pencil pastel for the sky... It's fail, isn't it..? :(

McLaughlin...thanks

Abu Haidar

christyc82
11-21-2001, 07:15 PM
dont lighten the sky, looks great as is. if you were to lighten it up, you'd have to also change the color of the water to the right of the paper, or it would look off.....i like it as is !

kjsspot
11-21-2001, 10:07 PM
I prefer the sky as it is. With the other color of blue, all of a sudden the lions are no longer the focal point. The original color does not detract from the lions. If I were looking to change anything on this painting, I would perhaps add a bit more highlight to pop out the lions a bit more.

Take the complimentary color to your lions, umm perhaps a bit of blue to compliment the orange, and use a bit to add an edge to the shadowed areas. You'll see the figure pop out a bit more with this. (experiment first to see what I'm talking about) and then add a bit more highlights. Just be careful not to overdo it. A little goes a long way.

Of course, it may just be the quality of the picture on the internet as well so perhaps it doesn't even need this after all. =)