PDA

View Full Version : Jana's BIG RUN!!!!

Maffet
10-04-2004, 05:44 AM
:D :evil: .... this what's happend to me ... it was better than any hollywood comedy movie and it was real..... :wave:

JANA's BIG FINAL OF JORNEY

from travelling diary :-) - 3rd October (Last day)

Weather horrible, can't sleep, so just watching heavy rain from
window and sea gull dancing betwen rain drops. All is dark and sad.

Going for last coffe with another friend, last hughs, last looks .... some tears , coach leaving from Barnstaple. All is going well and I feel comfortable as I know I have two hours of time after I will come to Heathrow, so I can catch breath and some orientation.

Ha ahaaaaaaaaa ... Bridgewater - heavy traffic jam. Loosing 1/2 of hour of time. Weather going to be VERY DARK ... looks like late evening and clouds going to be black.

Grrrr .... Bristol ... another heavy traffic jam. ... loosing another hour of time. Starting falling to panic. Sending SMS message to my family to find on internet some another flight and going to ask one of drivers about time of arriving to Heathrow.

30 minutes do deparature of my plane. I am coming to Central bus station. Pale face, scared to the bone and in heavy panic ... taking all my luggage and running fast like a wind through underground tunnel to terminal 1.

28 minutes ... I was fast. I am in terminal one. O.k. where is deparature ... looking to info tables and next 3 minutes I run up to stairs and only thing I see is big yellow arrow.

25 I am in big hall ... cant catch breath ... there is thousands of check in. And somewhere is only one for me. Have no idea where. Catching some lady in uniform and scream. "British Airways - Prague!!" Lady pointing somewhere. I run like a wind again. O.k. I found my check in. But there is thousand of people waiting for check in. Jump in from of them and shout again. People are angry behind me .... "To Prague? Please!!!" Lady taking phone and call to plane to wait for me. Give me fast my ticket, telling me that I have to take my luggage to Gate. With laud "drrrrrrrrrr" as my case on wheels started to strike. Running across big hall to control and making horrible noise.

20 ... control place. A lot of people again. Screaming madly .... I am late! Iam sorry ... I am sorry. jumping unpolitely before line of people and in speed puting all my luggage on control place. Control officers look at me with shock. Jumping across control gate ... and before anybody tells something, taking my jumper and small bags. Big indian man in turban tells me to stop and open my big case. I am ruining down nearly in tears and want to kill him :evil: , but fastly jump and without loosing any time open case ... I am STUPID ... of course sccissors!!!!! Screaming again .... Keep this scissors, I dont want them, but please help me to close my case. We can't! Jumping on case. All people laughing around. Indian man helps me to put it on cart and told me to run and pointed direction.

15 minutes to deparature .... starting with cart too fast.... all cart together with my heavy luggage is more heavy than me .... taking too fast speed.... so I fly through pass control and cant stop it. By the way... I didnt noticed pass control officer and only heard "Lady!!!" Behind me. Cant loose time and in fact I have another troubles. My cart took too fast speed and I just discovered that I need to do sharp turn to right. Cant stop cart. In next few seconds creating big acrobatical show for all people. Trying to stop and turn right ... but as it is heavy it's still goes with dangerous direction and because I dont want to destroy half of Heathrow and there is glass advertismet table before me ... presenting to people horrible salto ... ending in newpapers stand .... newspapers are everywhere ... cart still in speed (cant stop it :evil: )and I in the air behind him..... screaming "Iam really sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" To man behind me.

12 .... some big hall .... 5 possible ways. looking fast for some informational tables. See my gate is on oposite side of hall (still in speed because is not possible to stop my cart) ... Screaming "Sorry! Sorry!" Hall is full of peple ... they are jumping before me with fear in their faces. Succesfully went through the hall and didnt kill anybody! But it was big circus for all travelers inside. Something small with red face, red case, red hair traying to coach bif heavy cart and all luggage is blowing in the wind ... I looked like christmas tree in the wind.

10 .... at the end of hall I turned left (succesfuly withouth crash) and than I get nearly heart-ache ...there is 150m long tunnel and my gate is at the end. Happily there are no people and way is stright ... so I starting fast long run like on Olympic games. Of course with laud noise ... because cart was running with laud .ddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

5 to deparature ... another control, without any word, with big twist puting all on control mashine (nearly destroy it, because it was so fast and with so energy) Officers are scared. Again before they cant say anything all packing again on cart and run again.

... another 60 metres to final point

2 minutes ... I am at the Gate. Somebody takes my heavy red case (full of books). Ladies told me to go to the doors. There are 4 possible doors but no arrow, number or info. Going to some doors ... wrong way. Ladies scream that I have to go to diffrent door, but dont tell to which. Choose another one. ... wrong way. Some officers is lauging, taking my shoulders and push me to another doors. There is steward waiting for me. Screaming "Run!"

Giving somebody my boarding ticket. Some officers running begind me. I forgot one of the bags on cart. Say thank you in speed. Running to tunnel to plane.

Big finale is coming. Red in face, couldnt breathe and speak and after that horrible run, loosing control and as entering plane is spead, one of my legs breaks on air-plane doors and in next second I found myself flying with all my bags in the air directly to arms of shocked steward who catch me. If he would not catch me I would probably hit next wall and was flat as pan-cake. I hear some claping and laughing. Trying to catch breat and say sorry and thank you. Giving boarding ticket to my "protecting angel - steward" and turning to see who was clapping. Band of first-class travellers - elderly japanese man .... all entertained by my BIG ENTERING on board of plane!!!!

Red in face ... not because of run but because of shame ... trying to find my seat. I finaly found it... all that time was playing some classical music ... something like Vivaldi's Four seasons and in the moment I sit on my chair .... tuned endend with big finale of last 3 heavy tones in style of Bethoven's 9th symphonia. It had so perfect timing and created so great point behind my "run" that I imagined that like movie and started to laugh .... laudly and long!!!!

I survived .... and catch my plane ... that lovely steward than brought me extra fast coffe for me with lovely smile.....

:-))))) .... life is a best writer. I always thought that this things happend only in movie ... but this was best than some comedy movie and it was real to every second..... :wave: :D :D :cat:

jaytee
10-04-2004, 05:58 AM
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] ROFLMAO

Jana....................since you're posting I 'm guessing you finally reached home safely :D

As they say............ truth is stranger than fiction...................

what horror stories there have been about some journeys home................ perhaps Kington never wanted any of you to leave :D

Looking forward to your pics and more tales from your stay in UK..........

andylavallee
10-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Oh Jana, you need someone to look after you, JJ would have been proud of that performance.. what a lovelly ending ,imagine the difference had it been me falling into the arms of a handsome steward, not quite the same picture springs to mind. I would have flattened him!!!!. Glad you got home safe and look forward to meeting you again.. If you ever stuck trying to photograph them elves and goblins for your pictures , give me a ring I've got some family photo's you could have :wink2:

RogerPf
10-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Jana, So glad to hear you are back safely.

My only experience that is anything like yours is waking up on a sunny morning to see the clock say 6:03 which was a shock as I was supposed to be on the first plane out of Heathrow going to Copenhagen at 6:55.

Throw on clothes, down the stairs, jump into my Skoda this in 1989 so it was a REAL old Skoda the ones they used to tell jokes about. Then a 20 min dash around the M25 at full speed. I think I broke the speed limit (just) very frightening in an old old Skoda. :)

And as it was to terminal 2 gate 2, I managed to make it at 6:50 and yes that relaxing glass of (in my case) orange juice is much appreciated. Yours was a much tougher journey. At least when you are driving you feel you have some control. Being carried slowly in public transport is much more stressful.

Glad you liked the CD

--
Roger

Maffet
10-04-2004, 07:04 AM
He he he :evil: I know.... dont worry. Finaly I was lauging a lot because of this ... traveling can be sometimes adrenaline sport.

Yes, I am at my office now, try to dig in big hill of emails and do some work which arrived. Uf! It was a bit long at the end ... so I become a bit tired so I am happy that I am safe and at home. But it was so wanderful! And I had there more funny stories .... going by trains, boats, buses, coaches. I did some lovely day rides and had many lovely meetings.

there is a lot of things which can be horrible, stress-full, but once you take them with humor and fun they are than turning to positive side. Now I can give lectures about traveling by public transport in UK. :D :D

JT ... have you recieved my card? ;)

OH ANDY!!!! Thank you for the offer. Reminds me, may be I will need model for Bilbo's illustration :evil: :wink2: Dont worry! Dont listen what people say, you are great man and I enjoyed your lovely company and had a lot of fun!!! You have wanderful sence of humor.

Roger :clap: you were very FAST!!! and specialy with Skoda :evil: I know people are joking about this cars, but sometimes they can suprise you. Thank you again for CD. .... you do really lovely photos. And there is a lot of wanderful portraits of people .... very natural and gentle :clap: :clap:

Little Old Lady
10-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Wonderful story! Glad you made it safely!
JoAnn

Starsprite
10-04-2004, 07:59 AM
OH MY JANA!!!!!!! What an adventure!!!! I was just drinking my first cup of coffee while reading this, after waking up from sleeping and now I am totally stressed and tired out from all that running and traffic and suitcase checks..that I think I will go back to bed. LOL....what a funny story...thanks for telling it. Glad you are home safe and sound now. :)

CharM
10-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Jana... thanks for the giggle this morning!!! I could just picture all that red hair flying as you raced through the airport... so glad you made it home safe and sound... and now able to laugh at all your adventures... :D :D :D

Uschi
10-04-2004, 08:50 AM
HAHA Jana, you'll still be telling that story when you are 80 :D
Glad you made it and you are safe and sound at home again!
Uschi

Flattwo
10-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi Jana

Your story is wonderfull, made my day, and my wifes , she was nearly in tears of laughter reading it!

Henry

billythekid
10-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Jana, Heathrow is a fantastic place for your incredible story. I have been there several times and could very well "live" what you were telling. Glad you made it !!!

pampe
10-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Jana Jana Jana

*weaving* :wave: :wink2: :D

You are so CUTE!!!!!

artmom
10-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Jana, ROFLMBO! What a wonderful word picture! Happy to know that you made it home safely from your trip. Can't wait to see your photographs! :D

Lyn

olliewood0702
10-04-2004, 11:14 AM
:D :wink2: Janna, I'm SO glad you made it!! :clap: :clap:

It must have been very close. I'm glad you were able to laugh about it because I think I would have been crying by the time I sat down on that plane! :(

Yorky
10-04-2004, 02:18 PM
:D :D :D :D :D Jana - you are a tiny tornado! :D :D :D :D :D

It was so nice to meet you at Kington - glad you made it home safely - just ;)

Doug

Kate Mc
10-04-2004, 02:21 PM
RUN, Jana, RUN! This was hilarious to read, but I know exactly how it felt to live (except for launching yourself at the steward). I'm glad that you made it, and glad that you're home safe.

We both enjoyed meeting you enormously. And we're serious about the invitation--any time you want to see Belgium, just let us know.

(((((Jana)))))

Kate

madmum
10-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Ooooooooh Jana, what a story!!!!!! You'll be able to look back and laugh, but I'm sure it was horrible at the time!

Yes, I laughed, but all the while imagining how I would have felt (there's no way I would have been able to do all that running, I'd have just had to let the plane go without me! lol)

Ruth

guilliame
10-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey Jana :wave: ,R.O.T.F.L.M.A.O.I can just imagine this,you never know maybe they caught you on camera,perhaps B.A will use it as part of their advertising campaign,leave home in plenty of time,dont let this happen to you :D
Iam glad you got home safely and you enjoyed your visit to the uk,i am glad to have met you,take care.
Regards Guilli.

jaytee
10-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Jana...... next time you visit the UK. .........please , please dont forget to fit in a longer visit to Ivy cottage........ I'll keep the room ready for you :D

You could probably plan almost a whole journey via wetcanvasers now :) :wink2:

Alan Cross
10-05-2004, 03:52 PM
LOL Jana that was a funny story
Alan :)

Sharon Douglas
10-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Having met you, I could just picture the scene, very funny, I`m glad you got there in the end.

laudesan
01-07-2005, 12:06 AM
:D Just found this.... :D

ONLY OUR JANA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p